Crown

Forum - Thread

Re: OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017)

Totaly agree with the " Once you scrape, game over. One scrape is the same as 100 scrapes." and i rather have spare lips at home :) Never been totaly stuck somewhere. 

7kg is still quite a big weight when you are looking for tenth of second (that i'm not with this car)  I dont think Weissach 30kg less is the main point here, it's more about the material ( magnesium wheel and roll cage and carbon roof and hood). So im back to the lift stuff, i think that Lars had a the lift on option on the car that did the record, need to check the video again. 

Just a heads up for the scrapers, rub down a bit if the scratches are bad to flatten it then use the product below, prolongs the life of Porsche GT splitters very effectively kiss

IMG_0627.jpg

--

997 GT2 2014 3.9 Mezger, 800PS @ 1.2 bar

993 Turbo, 2006 built 3.8, 577PS/797NM, 1440kg DIN

Watch out for the garage at Grand Hotel in Oslo (heck, watch out for Oslo, booooring city....). Had tonuse two boards to get the GT3 up, even when using the lift system. And in my neighborhood the seems to have used all asphalt in Sweden to build speed bums....heart

And Bjoern, the importers has got the allocations, so there could be individuals that has a confirmed allocation....angry

Hehe, I only asked due to the challenge indecision

I subscribe to the unknown unknows camp wink

--

2015 911 GT3, 1964 Type 1

TB993tt:

Just a heads up for the scrapers, rub down a bit if the scratches are bad to flatten it then use the product below, prolongs the life of Porsche GT splitters very effectively kiss

IMG_0627.jpg

Can anyone suggest a Yank equivalent??  Love to extend those splitters not buy new onesSmiley

M4n0t0:

Totaly agree with the " Once you scrape, game over. One scrape is the same as 100 scrapes." and i rather have spare lips at home :) Never been totaly stuck somewhere. 

7kg is still quite a big weight when you are looking for tenth of second (that i'm not with this car)  I dont think Weissach 30kg less is the main point here, it's more about the material ( magnesium wheel and roll cage and carbon roof and hood). So im back to the lift stuff, i think that Lars had a the lift on option on the car that did the record, need to check the video again. 

The lifter is not about avoiding scratches . Even with the lifter you scratch the lip ( at least I do, and not only once, many times )  

The lifter is about not being stuck in unknown situations ( as mentioned above ) or having to go side ways on numerous speed bumps . 

If you use your GT2 RS only for the track , then I would not get the lift . If your GT2 is going to be driven everywhere , then there is no hesitation , get the lift to have peace of mind .  The cost .... humm, 0.8% of the value of your car ....

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm --  991 GT3 RS 

The lifter is not about avoiding scratches . Even with the lifter you scratch the lip ( at least I do, and not only once, many times )  

The lifter is about not being stuck in unknown situations ( as mentioned above ) or having to go side ways on numerous speed bumps . 

If you use your GT2 RS only for the track , then I would not get the lift . If your GT2 is going to be driven everywhere , then there is no hesitation , get the lift to have peace of mind .  The cost .... humm, 0.8% of the value of your car ....

I'm not convinced that even on the bumps the lift is helping... 
    But as with Porsche "less is more" is a principle :) So i will take the lift  and make a 7kg diet

Just FYI : 

Lars didnt had any lift on the yellow records breaking car.

Gt2.PNGlift off.PNGlifton.PNG

TB993tt:

RC:

Limited car? There is no official limitation for the GT2 RS but the Turbo S is indeed officially limited. 

A guy on a UK forum says that production of the GT2RS will be limited because the factory has a very limited production time due to the intro of the new EU emissions regs and that if you don't get a production slot immediately it won't happen....... I spoke with a nice Porsche employee guarding the RS at IAA and he couldn't tell me anything concrete about production he said it had not been decided...

Do you or anyone else have any further insight ? 

This is quite close to the truth but the last part, isn't. Production is mainly limited by supplier capacity (within that mentioned specific time frame). Yes, it is very difficult to get a GT2 RS but it is impossible to get a 911 Turbo S ES.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

M4n0t0:

In this case my dealer was sincere i guess he might not have the right infos...not all dealers have direct access to people who really know... one thing sure Porsche are angry against speculators and they should !

Dealers making auction to increase selling price should be banned from selling special cars. It s a terrible experience for the customers and Porsche are losing control over their relation with clients with letting this still happening after the GT3 RS mess...

Couldn't agree more. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

The value of the front lift is in resale. Without one, the car is worth less than the cost of the lift. 

--

"A man wrapped up in himself makes for a very small bundle."

I don't think there is a single option on a car that is worth more come resale. Impossible. You'd literally have to remove AC or stereo to accomplish that.

noone1:

I don't think there is a single option on a car that is worth more come resale. Impossible. You'd literally have to remove AC or stereo to accomplish that.

Nonsense. It all depends on what it is and how you compute it. For an example, a car with PCCB's which is intended as a track car probably will sell for less than I car with steel brakes. A front lifter cost $2500 on a GT3. On resale the car will be worth more than a car without it.

--

"A man wrapped up in himself makes for a very small bundle."

I disagree, but yea, at $2500 it's probably worth it to make resale easier for people who afraid of blemishes. People are so fucking whiny and anal about exotics.

That said, I've never had a lift on any car and I've never got stuck or in trouble with any car. If it hasn't happened in the 20 years I've been driving, I don't think it's going to happen any time soon.

noone1:

I disagree, but yea, at $2500 it's probably worth it to make resale easier for people who afraid of blemishes. People are so fucking whiny and anal about exotics.

That said, I've never had a lift on any car and I've never got stuck or in trouble with any car. If it hasn't happened in the 20 years I've been driving, I don't think it's going to happen any time soon.

Especially as you do not own a car any longer Smiley

Thought problem:

Your ORDER FOR A new GT4 has no lift, and you coudn't convince Porsche to sell you one.  What do you do?

1- BUY A CORVETTE.  Buy a GT3 because you can order lifts.

2- cry

3- buy it drive it

this choice, like manuals, like seats, like color depends on your valuation of the pro's n cons.  Sky and Sun prefer to save 7 kg and simplicity.  Others prefer lifts.  Choice is good.

Sky's cost on the new gt3 lip is USD 225.86, like a couple boxes of pig ears, in case he ever needs one, although like Noone1, Sky has found it so far, so good [still wants lip repair goop in stock:)]...  but you could argue his data set is incomplete - he's only owned 58 Porschessmiley  Get on the ball Sky!

RC:

This is quite close to the truth but the last part, isn't. Production is mainly limited by supplier capacity (within that mentioned specific time frame). Yes, it is very difficult to get a GT2 RS but it is impossible to get a 911 Turbo S ES.

I dropped my Lambo today at the service center and was told you can put down a deposit this month and will get a Performante within 4~5 months. No acting, No BS stories with limited time / production or selected number of buyers will be given the privilege to get their hands on one.

I wonder why would one go out of his way to pay almost as close as Performante money for the Turbo S Exc with no guarantee whether he'll get one or not, it's just a souped up aerokitted Turbo S with different paint and an awkward (ricey) stitching Smiley

BiTurbo:
    RC:

I dropped my Lambo today at the service center and was told you can put down a deposit this month and will get a Performante within 4~5 months. No acting, No BS stories with limited time / production or selected number of buyers will be given the privilege to get their hands on one.

Around spring, the Performante delivery time was a year in Germany and dealer wasn't supposed to take in orders for the next 6 months. I guess this has changed a little bit. 

I wonder why would one go out of his way to pay almost as close as Performante money for the Turbo S Exc with no guarantee whether he'll get one or not, it's just a souped up aerokitted Turbo S with different paint and an awkward (ricey) stitching Smiley

The GT2 RS is a beast, no doubt about it. If you need a raw track car, this is (probably) it. Most powerful series production 911 too. The Performante is a different kind of toy. Yes, I would get the Performante over the GT2 RS in a heartbeat but this is me, I love the R8, so why wouldn't I love a more powerful and track-capable version of it?! 

No matter which one, both are amazing products but personally, I feel more attracted to the Performante. Even if the GT2 RS probably crushes the Performante on the Autobahn. 
    The Turbo S ES is more of a collector's car in my opinion, at least for now. There have been rumors Porsche will offer some of the ES options for the Turbo S later on but so far, these rumors haven't been confirmed yet. Right now, it is more difficult to get a Turbo S ES than a GT2 RS. This is a fact.

--

Very much agree with you. I had a Turbo S and i sold it to buy a GT3 RS . As an everyday car Turbo is a spaceship the best coupé you could dream about. I was driving it all season. 

IF you want a turbo S and you can afford it why not taking the ES model ? If you already have a 991 and buy another ES then you are speculating and Prosche should regulate that...

I'm no a speculator so even if i would have been offered one i wouldnt baught it. Last time i told myself "yeah im gonna make money out of one of my toys" was on my GT3RS now i have decided to store the car and forget about her for sometime. 

Also the maintenance cost, insurance, there's too few dealers in my region, that's also why it's give Porsche quite a big edge here. 

Got a call today by my dealer : " you are interested in a 991 GT2 RS? I have another slot!!! OK but not!! the last information I have from factory is more than 2500 cars!! I confirm the none interest for this car LOL...Advice don't play with speculation more car coming...

--

997 GT3 RS 3.6 - 964 RS - 993 RS -  991 GT3 RS

Sad that you dont have a friend that could benefit from your good relation with your PC... i know at least 2 or 3 porsche fans that would be very happy to get one quota. 

Looking at the number of people that have direct contact with factory and get direct infos

Seems that they spend more time to reply to phonecalls than to produce cars maybe that s why they make only limite editions Smiley 

I know a owner of a  997GT2RS who has just been told he will not get one....heartyes

BjoernB:

I know a owner of a  997GT2RS who has just been told he will not get one....heartyes

My dealer is also looking for cars, so many interested customers, he is desperate.

I agree however that if you badly want one and keep poking around, eventually you may "find" one.

--

Did anyone read that post on RL an Italian guy says a friend of his works for/at a Porsche supplier and they have received an order for 2800 units of a GT2RS specific part.....yes

--

TB993tt:

Did anyone read that post on RL an Italian guy says a friend of his works for/at a Porsche supplier and they have received an order for 2800 units of a GT2RS specific part.....yes

300 of these parts could be intended as replacement parts (storage)? Smiley Smiley

Again: There is no artificial limitation of the GT2 RS. I am also afraid that many GT2 RS are used right now as some sorts of speculation object but once those interested realize that the prices aren't achievable (or sustainable), they could back off. The picture isn't really clear now but one thing is for sure: The GT2 RS is not a limited edition model like the 911 R or the Turbo S ES. Does this information help to get one? I doubt it but it is worth keeping bugging your dealer and trying to get one. You never know... (it wasn't much different with the 991.1 GT3 RS).

Btw: That 991.1 GT3 RS at my dealer with only slightly over 1000 km onboard dropped now in price under 188k EUR. First asking price was over 220k or so. I guess the owner wants to get rid of it before the 991.2 GT3 RS is official but he may not be the only one.

--

Read that too. Lots of speculation. Entertaining to read, but not funny at all when looking for a car...

My dealer has 7 on order. 

RC:
    TB993tt:

300 of these parts could be intended as replacement parts (storage)? Smiley Smiley

Again: There is no artificial limitation of the GT2 RS. I am also afraid that many GT2 RS are used right now as some sorts of speculation object but once those interested realize that the prices aren't achievable (or sustainable), they could back off. The picture isn't really clear now but one thing is for sure: The GT2 RS is not a limited edition model like the 911 R or the Turbo S ES. Does this information help to get one? I doubt it but it is worth keeping bugging your dealer and trying to get one. You never know... (it wasn't much different with the 991.1 GT3 RS).

Btw: That 991.1 GT3 RS at my dealer with only slightly over 1000 km onboard dropped now in price under 188k EUR. First asking price was over 220k or so. I guess the owner wants to get rid of it before the 991.2 GT3 RS is official but he may not be the only one.

You have nailed the real current problem, under previous normal non hype market conditions (where a new GT2 may command a slight premium when very new then depreciate slowly but steadily underpinned by the low number and the previous earlier) model ) Porsche have sold sub 1500 units worldwide this is probably still around the real number for people who want to try out the car then move it on to a more enthusiast keeper who will use it and cherish it.

I know three people personally  who are trying to get one and they have all told me categorically that they are buying the car to sell on at a profit, it will be fascinating to see where all this ends up but I'm with Marcus on this I think it will end in tears very soon. 

--

TB993tt:
    RC:
    TB993tt:

You have nailed the real current problem, under previous normal non hype market conditions (where a new GT2 may command a slight premium when very new then depreciate slowly but steadily underpinned by the low number and the previous earlier model ) Porsche have sold sub 1500 units worldwide (of previous GT2 models) this is probably still around the real number for people who want to try out the car then move it on to a more enthusiast keeper who will use it and cherish it.

I know three people personally  who are trying to get one and they have all told me categorically that they are buying the car to sell on at a profit, it will be fascinating to see where all this ends up but I'm with Marcus on this I think it will end in tears very soon. 

--

It does not have an official limit set but in reality it is limited by the time allotted for production (short) and the capacity to make a complex car like it.

Rumors (a friend of a friend knows someone who has a friend who heard from a neighbor of some Porsche employee) swirl around with numbers from a 1000 to 3000 but if the factory announced an official limit of lets say 2000 units everyone would all over it as the next coming.

In US at least , if you really want it you can have it but it will cost you at minimum what the R was going for recently.

TB993tt:
    TB993tt:
    RC:
    TB993tt:

You have nailed the real current problem, under previous normal non hype market conditions (where a new GT2 may command a slight premium when very new then depreciate slowly but steadily underpinned by the low number and the previous earlier model ) Porsche have sold sub 1500 units worldwide (of previous GT2 models) this is probably still around the real number for people who want to try out the car then move it on to a more enthusiast keeper who will use it and cherish it.

This has to end in tears - they did less than 1500 cars of the 997 GT2 (without any limitation). And the 997 GT2RS? Even with just 500 cars in total thr cars priced higher than 275k don't sell but are offered for 18 months without any transactions taking place...

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/11/24 6:53 AM
    GnilM
    752906 1796
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    430587 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258532 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255430 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79499 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5254 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

868194 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    801730 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM