TB993tt:
RC:
TB993tt:

Did anyone read that post on RL an Italian guy says a friend of his works for/at a Porsche supplier and they have received an order for 2800 units of a GT2RS specific part.....yes

300 of these parts could be intended as replacement parts (storage)? Smiley Smiley

Again: There is no artificial limitation of the GT2 RS. I am also afraid that many GT2 RS are used right now as some sorts of speculation object but once those interested realize that the prices aren't achievable (or sustainable), they could back off. The picture isn't really clear now but one thing is for sure: The GT2 RS is not a limited edition model like the 911 R or the Turbo S ES. Does this information help to get one? I doubt it but it is worth keeping bugging your dealer and trying to get one. You never know... (it wasn't much different with the 991.1 GT3 RS).

Btw: That 991.1 GT3 RS at my dealer with only slightly over 1000 km onboard dropped now in price under 188k EUR. First asking price was over 220k or so. I guess the owner wants to get rid of it before the 991.2 GT3 RS is official but he may not be the only one.

You have nailed the real current problem, under previous normal non hype market conditions (where a new GT2 may command a slight premium when very new then depreciate slowly but steadily underpinned by the low number and the previous earlier model ) Porsche have sold sub 1500 units worldwide (of previous GT2 models) this is probably still around the real number for people who want to try out the car then move it on to a more enthusiast keeper who will use it and cherish it.

I know three people personally  who are trying to get one and they have all told me categorically that they are buying the car to sell on at a profit, it will be fascinating to see where all this ends up but I'm with Marcus on this I think it will end in tears very soon. 

--

997 GT2 2014 3.9 Mezger, 800PS @ 1.2 bar

993 Turbo, 2006 built 3.8, 577PS/797NM, 1440kg DIN