M4n0t0:

Totaly agree with the " Once you scrape, game over. One scrape is the same as 100 scrapes." and i rather have spare lips at home :) Never been totaly stuck somewhere. 

7kg is still quite a big weight when you are looking for tenth of second (that i'm not with this car)  I dont think Weissach 30kg less is the main point here, it's more about the material ( magnesium wheel and roll cage and carbon roof and hood). So im back to the lift stuff, i think that Lars had a the lift on option on the car that did the record, need to check the video again. 

The lifter is not about avoiding scratches . Even with the lifter you scratch the lip ( at least I do, and not only once, many times )  

The lifter is about not being stuck in unknown situations ( as mentioned above ) or having to go side ways on numerous speed bumps . 

If you use your GT2 RS only for the track , then I would not get the lift . If your GT2 is going to be driven everywhere , then there is no hesitation , get the lift to have peace of mind .  The cost .... humm, 0.8% of the value of your car ....

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm --  991 GT3 RS