Crown

Board: Lamborghini Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Lamborghini Huracan and variants

CGX car nut:
    RC:

Smiley Actually, believe it or not, I was doing wheelies in my old Lancia Delta HF Integrale 16V after a major tuning upgrade with water injection. Of course not a real wheelie, the front axle went up by a couple of centimetres only but people were stunned anyway. Smiley

I’m stunned you bothered to mention this.  

Smiley

--

2016 Porsche 981 GT4 | Racing Yellow
    2018 Audi S6 Avant | Ibis White

DaveGordon:

So yesterday I let my curiosity get the better of me and paid a visit to the local Lambo dealer.  I had it in mind that the STO could be a fun toy, and ticked the boxes for better headroom with a helmet, and the ability to use a 6-point harness etc.

I tried sitting in a few cars with my helmet, and the rock hard race seats actually had my head touching the roof, whereas the new sports seats didn't - I had a little bit of room.  Interesting.

The guy was also happy me for me to take their demo car (an EVO, 4wd) out for a spin to get an idea of how it behaves in general, controls, how it feels.

Wow angel - I'd assumed the non-Performante version might be a bit sober  and subdued.  I was very surprised.  The thing is pure theatre.  That engine.. in Corsa mode, just crazy.  Incredible sound and tons of power.  Really feels special as well, regardless of speed - which is important for me.  The 2020 car (still) has no particulate filter.  Reading a bit about this suggests they're able to get away with it as a low-volume manufacturer.  I was actually thinking a filter might help a bit with track noise restrictions, but the guy wasn't aware of any plans to include one.

Got me thinking a bit 

I'm also not sure where to buy the matching sparkly loafers, gold chains, and my hairstyle is certainly not right.  Maybe they have an image coach to help with these things?

Watching some videos this afternoon also makes me wonder a bit about the RWD:  a bit cheaper, reviewers seem to rate it for steering feel, 'purity' etc. Also it looks like you can get it with iron brakes which could help with running expenses.

Off to play with the configurator now.. blush

Smiley

--

2016 Porsche 981 GT4 | Racing Yellow
    2018 Audi S6 Avant | Ibis White

I tried sitting in a few cars with my helmet, and the rock hard race seats actually had my head touching the roof, whereas the new sports seats didn't - I had a little bit of room.  Interesting.

The sport seats are new for 2020, and have several advantages: more headroom (as you stated), 6 way adjustable and light weight. Hard to spec any other seat now...
    The 2020 car (still) has no particulate filter.  Reading a bit about this suggests they're able to get away with it as a low-volume manufacturer.  I was actually thinking a filter might help a bit with track noise restrictions, but the guy wasn't aware of any plans to include one.

We had a few posts about this exact issue a few months ago in another Lambo thread. There was a WSJ article that hints that OPF is mandatory even for the EVO in MY 2023. But it could be earlier...
    Sorry about my unconventional formatting...

Aha, yes, I found those seats both comfortable and supportive, very nice. The race seats were neither.

Good to hear there’s a couple more years of that glorious engine at least.

--

2019 911 GT3 RS,1964 Type 1

CGX car nut:
    RC:

Smiley Actually, believe it or not, I was doing wheelies in my old Lancia Delta HF Integrale 16V after a major tuning upgrade with water injection. Of course not a real wheelie, the front axle went up by a couple of centimetres only but people were stunned anyway. Smiley

I’m stunned you bothered to mention this.  

Well, I am stunned you bothered to mention that I mentioned it. Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

DaveGordon:

So yesterday I let my curiosity get the better of me and paid a visit to the local Lambo dealer.  I had it in mind that the STO could be a fun toy, and ticked the boxes for better headroom with a helmet, and the ability to use a 6-point harness etc.

The guy was also happy me for me to take their demo car (an EVO, 4wd) out for a spin to get an idea of how it behaves in general, controls, how it feels.

Wow angel - I'd assumed the non-Performante version might be a bit sober  and subdued.  I was very surprised.  The thing is pure theatre.  That engine.. in Corsa mode, just crazy.  Incredible sound and tons of power.  Really feels special as well, regardless of speed - which is important for me.  The 2020 car (still) has no particulate filter.  Reading a bit about this suggests they're able to get away with it as a low-volume manufacturer.  I was actually thinking a filter might help a bit with track noise restrictions, but the guy wasn't aware of any plans to include one.

Got me thinking a bit 

I'm also not sure where to buy the matching sparkly loafers, gold chains, and my hairstyle is certainly not right.  Maybe they have an image coach to help with these things?

Watching some videos this afternoon also makes me wonder a bit about the RWD:  a bit cheaper, reviewers seem to rate it for steering feel, 'purity' etc. Also it looks like you can get it with iron brakes which could help with running expenses.

Off to play with the configurator now.. blush

--

You got the Lambo fever...careful...it is even more contagious than Corona. Smiley

The STO will be track capable and, surprise, surprise, not limited. The car will only be limited by production capacity and how many cars dealers will be able to get.

Car will have lots of carbon...I mean a lot. Weight has been lowered quite a bit but power may still stay the same.

Biggest problem: First cars are planned for customer delivery end of 2021/beginning of 2022. Smiley

It is also a big unknown if the car will have a particulate filter by then (hopefully not).

Right now, the latest Huracan Evo builds have a modified exhaust flaps setup. When you start up the engine, the flaps close immediately. So even for Lamborghini, the exhaust has started to become a center of attention, so I expect more limitations to come in the near future.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

The Performante is banned from most tracks because it is too loud. It would be smart from Lambo to make the STO track compatible in the sound department or that would be a big deal breaker for most track enthusiasts. 

I have seen and heard about many who went to the track with their Performante, only to be black flagged after a lap or two. Not much fun spending the rest of your paid track day watching the others drive.

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm -- 991.2 GT3 RS 

So true!

The reason why I have not bought a Performante (+ the fact that no 4 or 6 point harness can be installed)

--

Ferrari 488 Pista / Lotus Exige Cup 430 Type 25 / AMG GTR / 991.1 GT3 RS / Cayman GT4 / 997.2 GT3 RS 3.8 / 997.2 GT3 / 981 GT4 / Lotus Exige S / 964 Turbo 3.3

Gnil:

The Permormante is banned from most tracks because it is too loud. It would be smart from Lambo to make the STO track compatible in the sound department or that would be a big deal breaker for most track enthusiasts. 

I have seen and heard about so many who went to the track with their Permorante, only to be black flagged after a lap or two. Not much fun spending the rest of your paid track day watching the others drive.

Lamborghini has changed a lot of things in the STO (headroom, seats, etc.), so the car can be used without any issues on the track. I assume they did something about the sound as well (at least I hope so). A "track" mode would be great, where the flaps don't open too much, only when really really necessary. Or they could, of course, limit the sound of the car but I hope they didn't. 

It is also possible that the car gets a particulate filter but I doubt it. As far as I heard, Lamborghini can "manage" without one until 2022/2023. Then, it is definitely game over (starting with Euro 7 anyway). 

Comment from my sales guy: Keep your Lambo, you won't regret it. Smiley I plan to do that.

Funny side story: A guy came to the dealership (I picked up my car, got the catalytic converters renewed, had that stupid check engine light on all the time, now it is fixed) and picked up his Urus with his family. He is btw. the go to guy if you need a criminal lawyer because you did something horrible with your car. Smiley He owns many many cars, mostly Ferrari but the Urus was just too fascinating for him to pass on it. He saw a new Evo AWD in the showroom, nice car with a matte light grey and brown leather (combo looks amazing and I usually don't like leather in a sports car, I'm more of an Alcantara guy) and he said this could be his first Lambo sports car. He already scheduled a test-drive, he mentioned that he wants one before the cars are muted completely. 

I'm not sure if I understood him too well and if SF90 are already being delivered but I understood that he just got his car and wasn't at all happy with the sound. He was with his family and we talked very fast at a distance (Corona), so I'm not sure I understood him well. He has a couple of Ferrari, so it is possible that he already got his.

--

It's a bit annoying they tie the suspension, engine and exhaust together into the single street/sport/race modes.  Fixing the track noise issue would probably be as simple as allowing the driver to close the flaps via a control when in race mode.  I wonder if anyone came up with a mod to do that (or if it's possible).

The one I tried did sound reasonably quiet at startup to me, perfectly fine.
    --

As I'm contemplating to add a Huracan EVO RWD the local Lambo dealer organized a RWD car for me.

Like Dave, I liked the car almost too much. The engine sound is fantastic, I also like the fact they made the DKG sound a bit like a sequential when shifting, you get that hydraulic noise. You can also hear the throttle flaps opening when pushing the throttle, reminded me very much on my former 991 GT3 RS. 

As it was quite cold, below 10 degree celsius, on full throttle up to 3. gear you manage to spin the rear wheels which I liked, also in the corners you can throttle steer, it feels nicely RWD balanced. The car was very nimble, much more than I expected.

My combo would be Blue Cepheus, bronze wheels, black Alcantara interior with sports seats, yellow stitching and the full forged carbon package, ceramic brakes, front lift, f/b camera and transparent engine cover. 

As others seems to have the "Yaris GR" problem I face a similar dilemma with the Lambo as my wife thinks it is only for posers where as my dad is a die hard Lambo fan but he is already married to my mother ;-)

Mike

Ahh the Yaris GR problem heart It's a thing..

--

1969 Mercedes-Benz 300SEL 6.3  / 2020 Mercedes-AMG C63 / 2020 Ferrari 812SF

Not sure which one is the most funny for the crowd of bushy men getting shamed by their ladies for the Toyota or being a poser because you want a Lambo indecision...don’t forget the fancy gold chain and the ROO smiley full package required. 

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual

Cayenne GTS 2014

As far as I heard, no solution on the STO to reduce dB on track, so same problem to be expected on track as with the Performante :-(

--

Ferrari 488 Pista / Lotus Exige Cup 430 Type 25 / AMG GTR / 991.1 GT3 RS / Cayman GT4 / 997.2 GT3 RS 3.8 / 997.2 GT3 / 981 GT4 / Lotus Exige S / 964 Turbo 3.3

Stephan Winkelmann back in charge at Lambo

https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-news/industry-news/lamborghini/stephan-winkelmann/

the-missile:

Not sure which one is the most funny for the crowd of bushy men getting shamed by their ladies for the Toyota or being a poser because you want a Lambo indecision...don’t forget the fancy gold chain and the ROO smiley full package required. 

Well, I know many Lambo owners but not a single one with gold chains. 😛

A weird guy I met at a car meet, he was very friendly but a bit annoying, was a...teacher. 😂

Well, you‘d be surprised (or not?) to hear that VW Group won‘t sell Lamborghini but kind of put them together with...Porsche. 🤗 Porsche and Lamborghini, Audi and Bentley...this will be the new reality. I think VW Group‘s (soon to be announced?) decision makes sense.

--

VW is under debt and needs to cash back a bit of this gigantic mountain. I think some jewels will be on sale...soon massive cost cutting within the group.

Teacher driving a Lambo  you meet some amazing people with your car indecision

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual

Cayenne GTS 2014

the-missile:

VW is under debt and needs to cash back a bit of this gigantic mountain. I think some jewels will be on sale...soon massive cost cutting within the group.

Teacher driving a Lambo  you meet some amazing people with your car indecision

When I met this guy, he was driving a Huracan LP610-4. Now he drives a Performante, he bought it used. Don't have a clue where the money comes from but yes, he is a teacher. After I told my son (he met him as well), he told me "I should have guessed...". Smiley Smiley Nice guy but a bit too clingy. Smiley

VW Group is only regrouping, they have no serious financial issues. They will be investing a whopping 73 billion EUR into new technology over the next five years only.

Bugatti goes to Rimac and Porsche will very likely up their stake into Rimac to 51%. Smiley 

The Porsche/Piech family (Porsche SE) is just re-organizing. 

Bentley goes to Audi because Audi will be "electrified" more and more and so will be Bentley.

Lamborghini goes to Porsche, Winkelmann returned back to Lamborghini for this particular reason, so he can overlook the transition. 

I do not know if this strategy has been finalized but it seems that way.

--

The STO.

1605626598417IMG_0825.PNG

ISUK:

The STO.

Share more with us Smiley

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual

Cayenne GTS 2014

Unica preview...more tomorrow. 😉

It looks... 😱 🤗

--

Looks badass kiss

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual

Cayenne GTS 2014

Excited for tomorrow’s reveal

This looks fantasticangel

the-missile:

Looks badass kiss

It looks and is badass. Smiley 

I do not like the rear-/sideline too much, you'll understand when you see the whole car (hint: engine/roof scoop) but it certainly serves a purpose.

Amazing car but I knew why I went for the Performante instead. Hint: Cost. Smiley 

--

STO...640 hp...50 kg less than Performante. 😉

RWD, base price 296k EUR incl. 19% VAT (2021).

More soon.

--

Ha lightweight 2wd monster....

--

Tesla Model S P100d. 2018 991.2 GT3. 2019 BMW M850i Convertible. 2020 Tesla Model 3 Performance. 2020 Aston Martin Vantage. 2020 Mclaren 720S coupe. 🥳

IMG_0829.PNG

IMG_0830.PNG

IMG_0826.PNG

IMG_0827.PNG

IMG_0828.PNG

IMG_0831.PNG

Initial photo from the front looked great... until I saw the rear broken heart

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/3/24 3:40 PM
    watt
    802496 1803
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448327 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    265884 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    89891 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6368 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885267 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    831796 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM