DaveGordon:

So yesterday I let my curiosity get the better of me and paid a visit to the local Lambo dealer.  I had it in mind that the STO could be a fun toy, and ticked the boxes for better headroom with a helmet, and the ability to use a 6-point harness etc.

I tried sitting in a few cars with my helmet, and the rock hard race seats actually had my head touching the roof, whereas the new sports seats didn't - I had a little bit of room.  Interesting.

The guy was also happy me for me to take their demo car (an EVO, 4wd) out for a spin to get an idea of how it behaves in general, controls, how it feels.

Wow angel - I'd assumed the non-Performante version might be a bit sober  and subdued.  I was very surprised.  The thing is pure theatre.  That engine.. in Corsa mode, just crazy.  Incredible sound and tons of power.  Really feels special as well, regardless of speed - which is important for me.  The 2020 car (still) has no particulate filter.  Reading a bit about this suggests they're able to get away with it as a low-volume manufacturer.  I was actually thinking a filter might help a bit with track noise restrictions, but the guy wasn't aware of any plans to include one.

Got me thinking a bit 

I'm also not sure where to buy the matching sparkly loafers, gold chains, and my hairstyle is certainly not right.  Maybe they have an image coach to help with these things?

Watching some videos this afternoon also makes me wonder a bit about the RWD:  a bit cheaper, reviewers seem to rate it for steering feel, 'purity' etc. Also it looks like you can get it with iron brakes which could help with running expenses.

Off to play with the configurator now.. blush

Smiley

--

2016 Porsche 981 GT4 | Racing Yellow
2018 Audi S6 Avant | Ibis White