Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Picked up my 997 RS

Hi,

I just picked up my GT3 RS in Zuffenhausen today.

For those of you who are interested: It is an absolute incredible car! Forget about all the possible options, even the sunroof, it doesn't matter. The sound is just amazing; the grip - even in the wet and with cold temperatures (today only 4 Degree Celsius around the area of Stuttgart) - is simply phenomenal! Acceleration / power is smoothly disturbed along the 8.400 revs. There is almost no difference in acceleration between 0-100 km/h and 100 - 200 km/h. Just try to pass a fast car on a German Autobahn and you are beyond 200 km/h and more - wondering why you never feel some resistance ... it just doesn't stop to accelerate - incredible (for "only" 415 hp). The steering is sharp, maybe some under steer - but for driving on the street - in my opinion - a good setup. (Higher temperature will change things of course).

The look is unique. With this car (my is in orange) you're a pop star on the street from the first day. No driver / car has passed by without sending a smile or showing his thump. Funny: There was a big S-Mercedes - the driver seems to be a successful business man - just cranks his window, putting the right hand to his ear just to say - please, give me more sound He passed me by for three times with a big

This car is loud, this car is frightening, this car is pure emotions! Worth every Euro you spend on it!

Sunday I will be at the Nürburgring, next Saturday at Hockenheim. I will give you some more detail information after that.

997 GT3 RS rules!

Mobile

PS: For those who would like to have his RS in white - just be persistent! It will be worth it ... (But I like the Idea of Mr. Preuninger - different RS, different unique (!) color.

Difference to the 996 GT3 RS:

- less tricky to drive, without reducing emotions or fun
    - louder (just push the sport button, and you will know what I mean)
    - incredible stable at high velocities (more trustful than any carrera, I have driven)
    - more rev-dynamic

Re: Picked up my 997 RS

I don't suppose you could post pictures too? Maybe with the Nurburgring as your backdrop?

Congrats on your newest acquistion!

I am very happy for you. Congratulations!!!!!!!!
    The dream car

But , please, PICS PICS PICS and more PICS!!!!!!

Great !!!!!!

have a goood weekend my friend ,and take care !

wow!congratulation MObile! please the pics!
    Really can you order a GT3 RS in white colour?

Congratulations! the dream car!
    Pics AND video from the ring pls :-)

Quote:
    mobile said:
    This car is loud, this car is frightening, this car is pure emotions! Worth every Euro you spend on it!

IMO the most emotional Porsche you can buy from the current line-up Many congrats on your beautiful Über-Porsche
    I'm drooling over the pics to come

That's gotta be what Porsche is all about!

CONGRATS. I wanted to come to the Ring as well but now cant. Would have loved to have seen the car...

ENJOY!!

Congrats! It's nice to know that there are some Germans honest enough to admit that they actually like the Ferrari-esque attention that a hot car can bring.

Did you see the TG review (also in orange)

http://www.topgear.com/drives/D3/A3/roadtests/24/01.html

That sounds incredible.
    Congratulations.
    Can't wait for mine now.

R

When I grow older (my wallet too!!!) i WILL GO for a 997 GT RS!
    Congratulations and enjoy the car. Dont forget to break it in a bit please

Florent

Quote:
    mobile said:
    Hi,

I just picked up my GT3 RS in Zuffenhausen today.

For those of you who are interested: It is an absolute incredible car! Forget about all the possible options, even the sunroof, it doesn't matter. The sound is just amazing; the grip - even in the wet and with cold temperatures (today only 4 Degree Celsius around the area of Stuttgart) - is simply phenomenal! Acceleration / power is smoothly disturbed along the 8.400 revs. There is almost no difference in acceleration between 0-100 km/h and 100 - 200 km/h. Just try to pass a fast car on a German Autobahn and you are beyond 200 km/h and more - wondering why you never feel some resistance ... it just doesn't stop to accelerate - incredible (for "only" 415 hp). The steering is sharp, maybe some under steer - but for driving on the street - in my opinion - a good setup. (Higher temperature will change things of course).

The look is unique. With this car (my is in orange) you're a pop star on the street from the first day. No driver / car has passed by without sending a smile or showing his thump. Funny: There was a big S-Mercedes - the driver seems to be a successful business man - just cranks his window, putting the right hand to his ear just to say - please, give me more sound He passed me by for three times with a big

Sunday I will be at the Nürburgring, next Saturday at Hockenheim. I will give you some more detail information after that.

997 GT3 RS rules!

Mobile

PS: For those who would like to have his RS in white - just be persistent! It will be worth it ... (But I like the Idea of Mr. Preuninger - different RS, different unique (!) color.

Difference to the 996 GT3 RS:

- less tricky to drive, without reducing emotions or fun
    - louder (just push the sport button, and you will know what I mean)
    - incredible stable at high velocities (more trustful than any carrera, I have driven)
    - more rev-dynamic

Congrats mobile.

I think I will have my own GT3 RS shortly The thing is that I want it with the PDK but no idea of when will it be released...

Is that difference in sound when you press the sport button ???

What do you mean with people who want it in white colour ? Has somebody opened any post (like that one regarding "the hole on the roof":x) about this subject ?

PD: We want PICS !!!!!!

Wow were are very happy for you congrats must be a dream to drive

Just came back from a day full of GT3 RS. Boy oh boy, what a machine! I guess I need some glass of wine now to calm down. I was thinking to call the doctor, because I couldn't stop driving: This car gives you so much pleasure ... unbelievable.

Sorry, not that much time for pictures yet. A friend took some quick pictures. Please find attached some examples. More to come ... (Only the first picture comes close to reality. The other two pictures didn't show the real dimensions.)

Answer to your questions - and thanks for your comments:

White RS-colour: I talked to Mr. Preuninger and also to some Porsche Service employees. What I understand is that they won't offer white officially as an option. But for those who would buy a RS only if Porsche will offer it in white - they will get it in white, but without the RS-stripe. But you have to be persistent. Because Porsche wants each RS-Model to be unique. (Every model has some unique features. For example the 996 RS has a sticker on the trunk. The 997 RS now has the sticker on the bonnet.)

Sport-Button: In "Normal Modus" the sport exhaust is only working above 4.000 - 5.000 revs. In "Sport Modus" the exhaust is working much more below. The difference in sound is incredible huge. Push the "Sport button", step on the gas and you won't understand a word. Even it is totally legal - I switched the Sport-Button from "Sport" to "Normal" because a police car has stopped right next to me. Accelerating in "Sport Modus" - even slowly - he properly would have wanted to find out if this car is really legal. (Given the fact that it looks like a real race car.)

Yeah, I read the TG report. Unfortunately I'm not a professional tester for sport car magazines. If so - I would say: Yeah, he is right

Funny story: I went to my dealer today, where everyone wanted to see the RS. I never saw that much interest in a car. Tomorrow is the presentation of the new Targa. Now my Porsche centre complains that if I will come with the RS tomorrow, no one wanted to see the Targa anymore. They could stop the presentation at that point. They have no doubt about it

Sorry, maybe I'm a little bit too enthusiastic ... but there is time for criticism and there is time for passion. No it is time for passion.

Next picture

Huge wing ...

Another picture

Front view ...

Re: Another picture

love the color - keep the pictures rolling in!

That has got to make you feel like your 10 years old everytime you see it. I can't imagine getting behind the wheel to drive. Enjoy it is good health. And keep those pics comming!!!

I just LOVE the color!!!

you're a lucky guy!

you're a lucky guy!
    i'm dying for one!
    congratulations, and i'm sure you're having a blast!
    jeff

Quote:
    mobile said:
    ...Tomorrow is the presentation of the new Targa. Now my Porsche centre complains that if I will come with the RS tomorrow, no one wanted to see the Targa anymore. They could stop the presentation at that point. They have no doubt about it

That is hilarious. Try to avoid getting trampled by the crowd.

Thanks for the compelling review... I WANT ONE!
    I hope the LOUD low-RPM Sport exhaust activation-via-Sport-button you described won't be neutered by our asinine U.S. regulations. Any Traction Control kick in yet that you were aware of?

Congrats Mobile Your car is simply SUPERB!

PS. Did your car come with a paint color code for the wheels? Could you plese let me know if so...thanks.

Oh my!!! That baby is incredible!!!

I want one!

Enjoy !

Beautiful car!!! Would you say the exhaust note is considerable louder than the normal 997 GT3?

TC: Only a few impressions right now (in Sport Modus). We have wet streets and cold temperatures here in the morning. A little to much gas in a curve in first or second gear and the rear tries to pass you by. But this car gives you so much feedback - with a little experience, just open the steering or reduce acceleration (a little bit) and the car becomes stable again. No TC activation necessary right now. Even on straight line it is possible to accelerate hard in second or third gear and to lift the rear without any TC. I drove many BMWs for drift challenges. (BMWs are good to control in the drift). I never get that feeling. For most cars it is difficult to find that smooth line between not too much and not too less reaction. With the RS it seems to be very, very clear and transparent. Very enjoyable. Of course - nothing for high velocities

Quote:
    JP66 said:
    Congrats Mobile Your car is simply SUPERB!

PS. Did your car come with a paint color code for the wheels? Could you plese let me know if so...thanks.

I didn't find any color code for the wheels. But you can call Customer Advisory Service Exclusive/Tequipment at Porsche. The gave me the color code for painting the front cage in orange. Let me know if you need a telephone number.

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Beautiful car!!! Would you say the exhaust note is considerable louder than the normal 997 GT3?

Good question! I never thought about it. I don't know. Considerable ... maybe not. It is just that I didn't recognize that loud sound at low revs in Sport Modus in a 997 GT3. Maybe the GT3-driver was driving in Normal Modus. Could be. But - I drove some laps with a C4S on the Nürburgring Nordschleife behind Andreas Preuninger in a "Basis" GT3. And even with Sport exhaust in the 4S you could hear the GT3 inside the 4S. Incredible. So the Basis GT3 version is also very, very loud. No doubt.
    Yesterday I passed by a black 430 with my RS. Also a beautiful car. His Sport exhaust doesn't seems to be louder.
    For me the point is that Porsche has improved the sound related to the 996 version. So Mr. Preuninger:

Rumors says that porsche for production feb/march 2007 will permit to order the 997 GT3 RS in white colour(thanks to all the customers white's lovers).

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    804110 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448750 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    266371 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90173 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6766 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

886101 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    834576 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM