Crown

Board: Porsche - Panamera Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Panamera Turbo Powerkit - Real World Test Results

Recently tested by a german car magazine:

0-100 kph in 3.6 seconds

0-200 kph in 11.8 seconds  Smiley

Quite impressive for a 2 ton sedan.

This is actually faster than a 997 Turbo Mk I with Tiptronic and as fast as the 997 Turbo Mk II with manual.

For comparison:

Mercedes S63 AMG PP with 571 hp

0-100 kph in 4.3 seconds

0-200 kph in 13.3 seconds

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

Re: Panamera Turbo Powerkit - Real World Test Results

Track time is also impressive, especially compared to the S63 AMG but also compared to the 997 Turbo PDK. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

These are amazing results for Panamera, almost unbelieveble to have such heavy car performing numbers belonging to supercars. Only the new M5 can match these results, and even so, I wont believe it will be as fast. Will Panamera S Turbo for regular clients achieve these outstanding results? Smiley

J.Seven

These times are very understandable, if only based on the power of my 2009 Cayenne TTS (550HP).  I am amazed at the torque and smoothness of this engine.  It seems effortless, but extremely strong, and Porsche claims 4.7 seconds to 62 (which I think is conservative based on my seat of the pants estimate).  The Panamera Turbo S will be fabulous...

Cayenne Turbo S 0-100 kph in 4.7-4.9 seconds (various reviews) 0-200 kph in 17.1-17.6 seconds (various reviews) For comparison X5M 0-100 kph in 4.7 seconds (various reviews) 0-200 kph in 16.1-16.7 seconds (various reviews) New Cayenne Turbo has identical( "old" Cayenne Turbo S) performance figures. Interesting...
    --

Of course I read the comparison in the AB Sportcars too.
    It's most impressive how fast the Pana Turbo with WLS actually is and I'm convinced about these figures.
    I testdrived the (normal) P-Turbo (PDCC and all the other gadgets on board) and couldn't  believe how handy and powerful it was.
    The upcoming Panamera Turbo S would be a nice purchase if 5 seats are not necessary. (Personal I don't need them).

On the other hand: the Alpina B7 xDrive is much cheaper and not a bad car at all. The best choice for understatement and flying in stealth mode. But if I would have to decide between both, the P-Turbo would be the winner.  

--
    Kind regards, Conny 

Porsche 997.2 Turbo S  *  BMW X5 M

Conny997:

On the other hand: the Alpina B7 xDrive is much cheaper and not a bad car at all. The best choice for understatement and flying in stealth mode. But if I would have to decide between both, the P-Turbo would be the winner.  

I would have taken the Porsche had Porsche Canada been more reasonable with their pricing. But no regrets on my B7 xDrive, as your point about stealth is very very spot on, I had no trouble zooming by police at faster than posted pace because they simply weren't looking for a "boring" big sedan.

Wow 3.6 to 100kph is seriously fast, incredible!!!! 

--

indeed shifting is ancient technology - so is a fuel burning engine..  I happen to like both :) 

Whoopsy:

I would have taken the Porsche had Porsche Canada been more reasonable with their pricing. But no regrets on my B7 xDrive, as your point about stealth is very very spot on, I had no trouble zooming by police at faster than posted pace because they simply weren't looking for a "boring" big sedan.

A couple of people I know say the same, they only went for a BMW because the Porsche lease offers for the Panamera were pretty bad, sometimes almost double the monthly rate compared to a similar priced BMW, absolutely insane.

It is my understanding that Porsche Financial has adapted their lease rates in Germany, not sure about the Panamera though and not sure about other countries.

It is really sad: There are so many people who seem to want to get a Panamera but they can't because the offers from the competiton are just too good to ignore them.

It really counts if I have to pay 2000 EUR per month or 1200 EUR per month, huge difference, even for Porsche lovers.

--

RC:
    Whoopsy:

A couple of people I know say the same, they only went for a BMW because the Porsche lease offers for the Panamera were pretty bad, sometimes almost double the monthly rate compared to a similar priced BMW, absolutely insane.

It is my understanding that Porsche Financial has adapted their lease rates in Germany, not sure about the Panamera though and not sure about other countries.

It is really sad: There are so many people who seem to want to get a Panamera but they can't because the offers from the competiton are just too good to ignore them.

It really counts if I have to pay 2000 EUR per month or 1200 EUR per month, huge difference, even for Porsche lovers.

Christian,

you have to compare Bentley leasing rates to the rates of Porsche Panamera, not BMW 7-class. Even if you compare the right BMW 7-class you get a difference of 20% between the leasing rates which is in my opinion ok. You have to take the prestige in count.

--

AM
    www.aldo-yachting.de

It does not bother me that the new 2011 Turbo Cayenne is as fast as my "old" 2009 Cayenne TTS--in fact I expect the new car to be as fast.  That is the way it should be, since the next 2011 Cayenne TTS will have to be faster than the old generation TTS.  That is performance progress, in my view.

And from a price point of view, I knew when I purchased the Cayenne TTS that I was setting myself up to see the new generation come along the next year.  But I looked at it this way:  I got at least equal performance about two years earlier (along with the wonderful family and personal enjoyment), and for probably a cheaper price.  I paid less than $130K for a fully loaded "old" TTS (full leather/carbon interior, 21 inch rims, panorama roof, wheel arch extensions in body colour, rear entertainment, etc,, etc.,), which if added to a new Turbo would produce an equal but probably higher cost). 

And regarding the comparison to the BMW X5 M, I guess it is just a matter of taste and preference.  There are many characteristics that make up one's choice of car, and Porsche has always seemed to have the right combo of performance, luxury, style and quality for me. 

911 Turbo, price wise, compared with the competition of Ferrari and Lambo and Aston, they are a great value with the performance to back it up.

Panamera Turbo, compared with the competition of AMG S-Class, B7, Audi S8, and a lesser extend CLS63, M5, great performance but the price is just out of wack vs the competition.

Cayenne Turbo, compared with the competition of BMW X5/6M, AMG ML63, performance is on par but the price again is out of wack.

Very good point and as you mentioned it before: the understatement of the B7 is a great advantage even or particularly in Germany. Hopefully the M5 will have AWD. Alpina doesn't offer it in the B5.

--
    Kind regards, Conny 

Wonderbar:

And regarding the comparison to the BMW X5 M, I guess it is just a matter of taste and preference.  There are many characteristics that make up one's choice of car, and Porsche has always seemed to have the right combo of performance, luxury, style and quality for me. 

The only reason I chose the BMW over the Porsche is cost. I can't justify to pay 30000 EUR more for a family car, this doesn't make sense. If this would have been my "fun" car, things might have looked different.

Oh, the X5M engine feels snappier and sportier but thats a different story, I didn't know that before when I ordered the X5M, I only had the Cayenne Turbo specs on paper.

My decision for the BMW was mostly related to cost and the social environment. Now that the new Cayenne looks much smaller and less aggressive, people seem to accept it. It is also a different social environment right now, the economy is booming and people are less envious...until the next financial crash. Smiley

The Panamera is still a no-go for me, four seats are really a problem for me and many other potential customers I spoke to(my wife still doesn't believe that I can't pull strings to get a five seat version Smiley) but Porsche plans to change the Panamera design to a sportier design and maybe this re-design will also include a five seat option. I know that there are many inquiries about that.

--

Conny997:

Very good point and as you mentioned it before: the understatement of the B7 is a great advantage even or particularly in Germany. Hopefully the M5 will have AWD. Alpina doesn't offer it in the B5.

I'm afraid AWD on the M5 is wishful thinking, according to the latest rumor, the car comes without AWD but it may be optional later on.

The price tag is also very important, if the M5 costs over 120k EUR base price, I'd rather buy a Panamera Turbo to be honest.

Stealth look of course is important but if cost is almost the same...well...

I suppose lease cost will be better on the M5 but it really depends...

--

I'm afraid y're right, the M5 will not have the AWD from the beginning but it would be a nice option for the future.
    I never understood, why powerful sedans shouldn't have AWD. For several reasons I need it implicit. No AWD, no deal.

So I just can decide between

550iX (not my first option and only with 407 hp)
    B7 (the best allrounder, but no heartbeating)
    Audi A8 (my wife would kill me, she hates Audi)
    BMW X5M (LCI)
    ML 63 AMG (?the new 2012 model)
    Cayenne Turbo (S)
    Panamera Turbo (S)

Both Porsche would fulfill my demands and they're nice to have, but I think the public perception hasn't changed that much.
    And in Germany we shouldn't underestimate the current political situation. 2013 we will see Andrea Nahles, Claudia Roth and Gesine Lötsch in the government. That means a 100 kp/h limit on the Highway.
    We will see, what happen.....

--
    Kind regards, Conny 

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/14/24 2:04 PM
    RCA
    803140 1806
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448541 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    266089 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90034 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6568 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885658 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    833179 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM