Wonderbar:

And regarding the comparison to the BMW X5 M, I guess it is just a matter of taste and preference.  There are many characteristics that make up one's choice of car, and Porsche has always seemed to have the right combo of performance, luxury, style and quality for me. 

The only reason I chose the BMW over the Porsche is cost. I can't justify to pay 30000 EUR more for a family car, this doesn't make sense. If this would have been my "fun" car, things might have looked different.

Oh, the X5M engine feels snappier and sportier but thats a different story, I didn't know that before when I ordered the X5M, I only had the Cayenne Turbo specs on paper.

My decision for the BMW was mostly related to cost and the social environment. Now that the new Cayenne looks much smaller and less aggressive, people seem to accept it. It is also a different social environment right now, the economy is booming and people are less envious...until the next financial crash. Smiley

The Panamera is still a no-go for me, four seats are really a problem for me and many other potential customers I spoke to(my wife still doesn't believe that I can't pull strings to get a five seat version Smiley) but Porsche plans to change the Panamera design to a sportier design and maybe this re-design will also include a five seat option. I know that there are many inquiries about that.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW