Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Rennteam's tribute to the Ferrari 458...lots of photos, videos, etc.

Funny Gnil! I wrote the reply to reginos before I read what you wrote Smiley

I was first on the list for a 458. I decided to keep the scud instead. Lately I started to be attracted by the new McLaren but not for the looks which are OK but more for the performance. For now I am trying to resist the urge of buying a new car. OK, ok, perhaps the new 911 Smiley to add it next to the Scud as a daily driver...

--

There is no try. Just do.

Did you ever owned a Ferrari? Or a 911?

--

REALZEUS:

all german magazines I have come across are borderline nationalistic...

In group tests in Auto Motor Sport. Auto Zeitung and Auto Bild, for example, if there are foreign cars in the comparison, the #1 car is always German. The #2 is a car owned by a German company (Skoda, Seat etc) and #3 any other car! But this is not nationalism. It's not their fault that make the best cars Smiley.

But anyway, for performance testing the Sport Auto is one of the best especially their NBR and Hockenheim times.

--
    It's not where you're going, it's how you get there that counts

Grigio Medio........ This colour makes it look like the factory forgot to apply a top colour coat.

Grigio Medio front.JPGGrigio Medio rear.JPG

ISUK:

Grigio Medio........ This colour makes it look like the factory forgot to apply a top colour coat.

Worst original colour for the 458 I've seen so far. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

reginos:
    REALZEUS:

In group tests in Auto Motor Sport. Auto Zeitung and Auto Bild, for example, if there are foreign cars in the comparison, the #1 car is always German. The #2 is a car owned by a German company (Skoda, Seat etc) and #3 any other car! But this is not nationalism. It's not their fault that make the best cars Smiley.

But anyway, for performance testing the Sport Auto is one of the best especially their NBR and Hockenheim times.

Honestly now, how can you say that with a straight face? Is it just a coincidense that most of the respected, non-affiliated, world press usually give that accollade to Ferrari cars when tested against Porsches? (i.e. british and american magazines). Are the Brits and the Yanks against the Germans and in favour of the Italians? Not really! I think your love for everything germanic is clouting your judgement. 

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

Yuck! Makes the dark green 458 look cool! Smiley

--

Rossi:
    ISUK:

Worst original colour for the 458 I've seen so far. Smiley

agreed, imo it looks like a primer or a base for something else. Grigio scuro and silverstone look much better. even the shades of silver are better too.

ISUK:

Iain,

I saw this pics on fchat. Strange color IMHO. I  saw it on Scud and it looked little bit better then on 458. If ask me this color looks almost to Lamborghini like. It doesn't look right on 458.

For 458 form Grigio range only: Grigio Ferro, Grigio Titanio and Grigio Silverstone IMHO.

Pentium:

Yuck! Makes the dark green 458 look cool! Smiley

Yeah, the world changes quickly. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Kreso,

Did you read the thread on Fchat from the guy in the US thinking of oredring a 458 in Avorio?   I've seen a California in this colour and it looked terrible IMHO.

Avorio on 458?? Oh my G.... OK, different people, different taste I guess...

I saw California in Vinaccia and it looked  for me. Old gent who drove it was at least 60 years old...

REALZEUS:
    reginos:
    REALZEUS:

Honestly now, how can you say that with a straight face? Is it just a coincidense that most of the respected, non-affiliated, world press usually give that accollade to Ferrari cars when tested against Porsches? (i.e. british and american magazines). Are the Brits and the Yanks against the Germans and in favour of the Italians? Not really! I think your love for everything germanic is clouting your judgement.   

I have no reason to love everything germanic as I have no affiliations with that country.

But I can give credit where  it is due. In matters of automotive engineering all the innovations from the creation of the automobile itself to fuel injection, engine electronics, electronic stability systems, ABS, active chassis etc etc have all come from either Germany or the USA. Italy doesn't rate very highly for its contribution to auto engineering in this context. True Italian products are often high on style and can be well designed but not so perfectly executed.

Ferrari surely produce charismatic cars. They have acquired mythical status and have entered the popular culture for a number of reasons (some not engineering related), such as their unusual red shapes, the limited production numbers, long years in F1(don't discount the Schumacher effect, though) and the "wealthy playboy" connotations. They are amongst the best cars in their category, but we should not fall in the trap and godify and worship everything that comes out of Maranello.

--

Avorio Cali

Avorio.JPG

ISUK:

Avorio Cali

Avorio.JPG

Smiley

Smiley butterfinger 007 Smiley

--

ISUK:

It makes you wonder what else they may have forgotten. Smiley

A shade similar to this worked well on the Gallardo, but it doesn't seem to suit the F458.

--

fritz

nberry instead maybe you think to be  the sceriff of this forum..............

I have a news for you nberry....... You arn't..!!!!  Smiley 

So if I or someone else want to ask something that you don't like please...shut up! Smiley

Thank you...  Smiley

Silverstone grey with red callipers, good choice but I always prefer the black daytona!!  Smiley1269552769373silver.JPG..

ISUK:

Isn´t Grigio Medio a shade lighter than on the pictures?

Ferdie:
    ISUK:

Isn´t Grigio Medio a shade lighter than on the pictures?

It's just screen resolution/camera brightness levels that make them look different Ferdie.

Here's a 599 in Grigio Medio for comparison.

Grigio Medio.JPG1269554888585Grigio Medio rear.JPG

Rosso alongside Nero

Rosso and Nero.JPG

The front look so strange from that angle, something just looks wrong, especially on the black one 

REALZEUS:

Reginos some people like revolution you know.  I find the 911 so dated nowadays... Furthermore, Ferrari's design is influenced by aerodynamics and engineering. Ferrari for example would never keep the engine in the wrong place for 40 years...

+1

Can't say it better myself Smiley

--

ONUR

09 Audi TTS Ibis

07 997 Carrera S / 05 M3 Coupe / 03 M3 Coupe / 96 M3 Coupe EVO (ALL BUT HISTORY)

pride355:
    REALZEUS:

Reginos some people like revolution you know.  I find the 911 so dated nowadays... Furthermore, Ferrari's design is influenced by aerodynamics and engineering. Ferrari for example would never keep the engine in the wrong place for 40 years...

+1

Please tell me what revolutionary engineering idea this car (or Ferrari in general ) has introduced? Maybe I didn't read the specification sheet very thoroughly!

Manufacturing another very fast car and clothing it in an unusually styled body is hardly what I would call revolution.

--

reginos:
    pride355:
    REALZEUS:

+1

Please tell me what revolutionary engineering idea this car (or Ferrari in general ) has introduced? Maybe I didn't read the specification sheet very thoroughly!

Manufacturing another very fast car and clothing it in an unusually styled body is hardly what I would call revolution.

There can be as much revolution in design as there is in technical aspects.

Enmanuel:
    reginos:
    pride355:
    REALZEUS:

+1

Of course,  if for example by design it was meant new materials or new construction methods  for added strength or less weight etc.

But unusual or spectacular styling alone (as opposed to design) is not revolution. Producing cars is not a fashion show but foremost an engineering activity.

--

reginos:
    Enmanuel:
    reginos:
    pride355:
    REALZEUS:

+1

Of course,  if new materials were introduced or new production methods were initiated for added strength or less weight etc.

But unusual or spectacular styling alone is not revolution. Producing cars is not a fashion show but foremost an engineering activity.

I see your point, but you also have to admit that even if there was a new technique involved, a new production method or any other technical improvement, and the car still looked displeasing it won't make it in the market. We also criticize cars when we don't like them here and it has nothing to do with the technical part, look at the Gumpert, it will easily beat most cars in its price range but very few people appreciate the looks of it. 

Then again the argument is very subjective because functionality cant be argued about, whereas design depends on each person.

reginos:
    pride355:
    REALZEUS:

+1

Drive one and you'll know Smiley

koko:
    reginos:
    pride355:
    REALZEUS:

+1

Drive one and you'll know Smiley

I've driven many, koko from the 70s onwards Smiley

But the debate here is about "revolution" in auto engineering. IMO Ferrari (and the other FIAT brands) have added nothing in this area. This doesn't mean that their cars don't fulfill a purpose in the automotive landscape, of course.

Just to highlight my point, take Mercedes-Benz for example. You could write a large book about the technical and engineering solutions that went into their cars first, over the last 40 years or so. From airbags to ABS, Active chassis, stability systems, common rail diesel, composite brakes (Porsche contest that one), vario-roof etc etc. For me this is the real revolution.

The Ferrari California when introduced was considered a big breakthrough by Ferraristi because it had Direct Injection, Twin Clutch Transmission and Vario-Roof. Things that were introduced ages ago by "humble" VW and "boring" Mercedes.

My perspective is just different from yours Smiley

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    804227 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448776 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    266441 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90182 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6794 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

886161 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    834713 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM