REALZEUS:
reginos:
REALZEUS:

all german magazines I have come across are borderline nationalistic...

In group tests in Auto Motor Sport. Auto Zeitung and Auto Bild, for example, if there are foreign cars in the comparison, the #1 car is always German. The #2 is a car owned by a German company (Skoda, Seat etc) and #3 any other car! But this is not nationalism. It's not their fault that make the best cars Smiley.

But anyway, for performance testing the Sport Auto is one of the best especially their NBR and Hockenheim times.

Honestly now, how can you say that with a straight face? Is it just a coincidense that most of the respected, non-affiliated, world press usually give that accollade to Ferrari cars when tested against Porsches? (i.e. british and american magazines). Are the Brits and the Yanks against the Germans and in favour of the Italians? Not really! I think your love for everything germanic is clouting your judgement.   

I have no reason to love everything germanic as I have no affiliations with that country.

But I can give credit where  it is due. In matters of automotive engineering all the innovations from the creation of the automobile itself to fuel injection, engine electronics, electronic stability systems, ABS, active chassis etc etc have all come from either Germany or the USA. Italy doesn't rate very highly for its contribution to auto engineering in this context. True Italian products are often high on style and can be well designed but not so perfectly executed.

Ferrari surely produce charismatic cars. They have acquired mythical status and have entered the popular culture for a number of reasons (some not engineering related), such as their unusual red shapes, the limited production numbers, long years in F1(don't discount the Schumacher effect, though) and the "wealthy playboy" connotations. They are amongst the best cars in their category, but we should not fall in the trap and godify and worship everything that comes out of Maranello.

--
It's not where you're going, it's how you get there that counts