koko:
reginos:
pride355:
REALZEUS:

Reginos some people like revolution you know.  I find the 911 so dated nowadays... Furthermore, Ferrari's design is influenced by aerodynamics and engineering. Ferrari for example would never keep the engine in the wrong place for 40 years...

+1

Can't say it better myself Smiley

Please tell me what revolutionary engineering idea this car (or Ferrari in general ) has introduced? Maybe I didn't read the specification sheet very thoroughly!

Manufacturing another very fast car and clothing it in an unusually styled body is hardly what I would call revolution.

Drive one and you'll know Smiley

I've driven many, koko from the 70s onwards Smiley

But the debate here is about "revolution" in auto engineering. IMO Ferrari (and the other FIAT brands) have added nothing in this area. This doesn't mean that their cars don't fulfill a purpose in the automotive landscape, of course.

Just to highlight my point, take Mercedes-Benz for example. You could write a large book about the technical and engineering solutions that went into their cars first, over the last 40 years or so. From airbags to ABS, Active chassis, stability systems, common rail diesel, composite brakes (Porsche contest that one), vario-roof etc etc. For me this is the real revolution.

The Ferrari California when introduced was considered a big breakthrough by Ferraristi because it had Direct Injection, Twin Clutch Transmission and Vario-Roof. Things that were introduced ages ago by "humble" VW and "boring" Mercedes.

My perspective is just different from yours Smiley

--
It's not where you're going, it's how you get there that counts