My 2nd biggest concern about the car was the interior design and material quality. I didn't like my E90 320d which I drove for 3 months 4 years ago. My father has a 08 520d, and I don't like the i-drive screen and upper dashboard of that car. too.

E9X interior, even in M cars look like it is covered with too much hard plastic from the pictures. I especially didn't like the look of the mid. consule and was thinking of wraping it with 3M carbon look folyo or buying some carbon mid. consul from BMW performance.

My old TTS excelled in interior departmant when compared with BMW. I love the design and material of Audi. Steering wheel, extended leather parts, soft look material, Recaro buckets, insturment cluster were all very nicely designed. Well done Audi. Smiley

However, I had a very pleasent surprised when I picked the car. Mid consul was covered with some soft leather like material and upper dash plastic was softer than I remember. Also, pro-navi has a wider display and very nice graphics. 3 months ago, BMW navigation system starts working in Turkey, and it was a nice surprise to see it work in the car.

I really like the small and short, M--DKG gear knob which was lighted and thickness of the steering wheel and the size of the paddles are just right. I like the carbon/leather texture trim and I fell in love with my Recaro BMW Performance seats. They look gorgeous and very comfortable. Hold you in one place, you don't slide around. It never felt hot like leather. I'm sure they won't be cold in the winter as leather, either. They have heating option, nevertheless.

I like that alcantara, and structure of the seats which look more athletic than Audi's full leather Recaros.

I also like the white lighting of the dials and orange led lights on the doors. E46 M3's dials were my favorite but now I also like E9X dials. Very nice lightining and easy to read. Haven't seen the shift lights yet.

M mode is very nice, too. I make the following setting on "M " mode:

I set the steering wheel "Normal" (default is softer)

Power is in the medium setting (which is power. There is also normal power +)

EDC is set to comfort (there is normal and sport mode. But on our poor roads, I'm 100% of the time on comfort mode)

Transmission speed mode is S6

DSC mode is "DSC Off".

Here is the photo of the post:

Lovely gear knob and upgraded i-drive that is very easy to control. There is a triple button set which controls "power" - "EDC" - "DSC"

It is covered with some sort of leather like material that is soft to touch.

--

ONUR

11 M3 Coupe AW

09 Audi TTS Coupe - 07 997 Carrera S - 05 M3 Coupe - 03 M3 Coupe - 96 M3 Coupe EVO (PASS TIME HISTORY)