Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

drove my 430

I drove my 430 yesterday, and all I can tell for the moment, that the huge difference towards the 360 they announced, isn't that huge,
    I even was serious disappointed, I expected a lot more difference with the 360 I owned, but there isn't !!
    Before we drove it out of the dealer garage, it had already a flat battery (I am used to this, as I own a ferrari for 12 years) , but that wasn't a nice start, I hate flat batterys .....
    When we took it on the road, I was very disapointed about the 15.000euro carbon brakes, VERY disappointed, but I was told that they need a "ride in", so have to wait ....
    The road handling is very well, but so is that of the 360, not sutch a 'huge' difference as predicted !!!
    power is great, but so is the power of the 360, there is small difference, the car was going well, and I took it to 270km/h in no time, (then I got traffic),
    Sound is a lot better, but I hope that Capristo comes out with a nice exhaust really soon ..
    So, it's a nice car, but I think I will sell it as soon as the 430CS will arrive (if they will produce one of course), if not sooner ...

Re: drove my 430

Quote:
    I drove my 430 yesterday, and all I can tell for the moment, that the huge difference towards the 360 they announced, isn't that huge,
    I even was serious disappointed, I expected a lot more difference with the 360 I owned, but there isn't !!
    Before we drove it out of the dealer garage, it had already a flat battery (I am used to this, as I own a ferrari for 12 years) , but that wasn't a nice start, I hate flat batterys .....
    When we took it on the road, I was very disapointed about the 15.000euro carbon brakes, VERY disappointed, but I was told that they need a "ride in", so have to wait ....
    The road handling is very well, but so is that of the 360, not sutch a 'huge' difference as predicted !!!
    power is great, but so is the power of the 360, there is small difference, the car was going well, and I took it to 270km/h in no time, (then I got traffic),
    Sound is a lot better, but I hope that Capristo comes out with a nice exhaust really soon ..
    So, it's a nice car, but I think I will sell it as soon as the 430CS will arrive (if they will produce one of course), if not sooner ...

sorry to hear that. you should be 101% happy with a new car costing that much.

hmm... but i can't quite understand all points. i took a test drive in the F430 some weeks ago and i was massively impressed by the ride quality (stiff with "race" and very comfortable in "wet" mode). and power, especially torque, was a lot better than my friend's 360 spider (i've never owned a 360 myself, though). my personal impression was that the 360 and the F430 have nothing in common regarding the drive -- although they look like brothers.

stopping power and pedal feel was great as well (my dealer's test car was equipped with standard brakes though, but i can not imagine the carbon brakes to be less good).

btw... i'd appreciate more pictures!!!

Quote:
    Patriek (jennyz) said:

patriek what are you comparing the 430 too , a jet fighter? Surely there is a huge difference from the 360? My GT3 has way more torque available than my 360.All the journos rave about the 430. I will post this on ferrarichat as well and hopefully get a response from other owners.thanks for your opinion
    rock on

Quote:
    scud said:
    Quote:
    Patriek (jennyz) said:

patriek what are you comparing the 430 too , a jet fighter? Surely there is a huge difference from the 360? My GT3 has way more torque available than my 360.All the journos rave about the 430. I will post this on ferrarichat as well and hopefully get a response from other owners.thanks for your opinion
    rock on

Hey, I DROVE IT, and own one !!!!(and will drive it again today)
    and I compare it with a 360, that I also owned !!!!
    so I can compare, don't I ??
    I tell you AGAIN, the difference isn't that huge, there is a 'small' difference , but .....

Quote:
    Patriek (jennyz) said:
    Quote:
    scud said:
    Quote:
    Patriek (jennyz) said:

rock on

I tell you AGAIN, the difference isn't that huge, there is a 'small' difference , but .....

My dealer (Porsche ) told me that it takes up to 30k km for an engine to get it's max. power. Don't know about your F430, but I would give it some time .

I actually fell in love with a dark grey 360. Red is too flashy for me (and I'm 35 ).

Enjoy the drive!
    Zürich

I just went for my second drive, (2 min ago), and have to admit that the car drives very well, again I drove 270km/h and the car has a lot left to go, and felt great at high speed, cornering is very well also
    and a lot of torque is always present.

Think I will change my mind about it ... soon. and forget about my first post
    (maybe the flat battery made me depressed

ah, i'm glad hearing this!

now plleeeeeeassseee post some pictures!!!

Please tell me more about what you didn't like at the CCM brakes! Thanks!

Plus in terms of the "look" the department the 430 is way ahead of the 360 in my book

Quote:
    zzboba said:
    ah, i'm glad hearing this!

now plleeeeeeassseee post some pictures!!!

tomorrow, it's getting dark

Quote:
    Rossi said:

They don't have that mutch braking power,( I have a 13y old mercedes 190 that brakes a lot better) but dealer said they need at some km 'ride in'
    and my last drive, they seem to getting better by the km, so I gues that I have to give it some time.
    another friend of mind told me the same today, CCB doesn't brake well in the beginning, but after the 'ride in' they should brake like hell

Hi Patrick,
    I'm sorry about your bad first impression.
    But, honestly, every engines (cars or motorcycles) need to break in for some km's. Especialy when you leave the dealer ... with especialy such an italian mecanic, you need to have some respect with the parts ... Last saturday, I talked with a friend who is italian and sells Ducati bikes. He told me that he will kick my ass if i don't respect the break-in process. It's a must. I know that it's so hard to stay quite with a car like this ... it's the worth to do : wait.
    About CCM brakes, I know ... I got this with the cars i proved (Porsche and Ferrari) and I don't like this feeling. IMO it's not worthy the extrea money to inject in the total cost. Be patient Patrick, be patient ... and the glory will come.

Quote:
    Patriek (jennyz) said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:

They don't have that mutch braking power,( I have a 13y old mercedes 190 that brakes a lot better) but dealer said they need at some km 'ride in'
    and my last drive, they seem to getting better by the km, so I gues that I have to give it some time.
    another friend of mind told me the same today, CCB doesn't brake well in the beginning, but after the 'ride in' they should brake like hell

Well, I'm very pleased to hear that.
    Some more questions: how is the "brake feel" of the CCM so far, compared to the steel rotors of the 360? How is the braking comfort, especially at low speeds?
    And concerning F1: how is the improved F1 system compared to the one of the 360? Again, how does it react at low speeds, e.g. when moving the car from standstill or reversing?
    Thanks.

Quote:
    jecey said:
    Hi Patrick,
    I'm sorry about your bad first impression.
    But, honestly, every engines (cars or motorcycles) need to break in for some km's. Especialy when you leave the dealer ... with especialy such an italian mecanic, you need to have some respect with the parts ... Last saturday, I talked with a friend who is italian and sells Ducati bikes. He told me that he will kick my ass if i don't respect the break-in process. It's a must. I know that it's so hard to stay quite with a car like this ... it's the worth to do : wait.
    About CCM brakes, I know ... I got this with the cars i proved (Porsche and Ferrari) and I don't like this feeling. IMO it's not worthy the extrea money to inject in the total cost. Be patient Patrick, be patient ... and the glory will come.

tel me about Ducati, I have a 916 senna for 8 years now (total check up this year with new tyres !!), and it only has 600km, because I need to 'break it in', but don't like doing this, so the bike stays in the garage till ????

Well, I'm very pleased to hear that.
    Some more questions: how is the "brake feel" of the CCM so far, compared to the steel rotors of the 360? How is the braking comfort, especially at low speeds?
    And concerning F1: how is the improved F1 system compared to the one of the 360? Again, how does it react at low speeds, e.g. when moving the car from standstill or reversing?
    Thanks.

about the brake feeling, like I said, it feels not good, it feels like you have no braking power, even at low speeds,

about the F1 , thats a big improvement, the reaction at low speeds is the same as the 360, but from standstill and reverse it is far more better then the 360, also at high revs it's better

Patrick,
    wel, it's your choice. Don't be surprise the engine is not giving his max. performance, same for the brakes.
    In a new system with parts in contact and movements, you have till 100% more friction than when the system is broken-in correctly. Don't be surprised to consume oil or gazoline ... it's not important for a Ducati or a Ferrari the consumption, I know, but it is for a daily car.
    In F1 they have a specific break-in procedure in order to have the max. performance when the car is on the track.
    Is the same when you ask the max of the engine when the engine is cold.

I will make an offer on your car of $180K if you are not all that satisfied, in that if it runs just like a 360, perhaps you would consider pricing it like one...just kidding!

Quote:
    Patriek (jennyz) said:
    Quote:
    scud said:
    Quote:
    Patriek (jennyz) said:

rock on

hey pat guess what? I also have a 360 and guess what again? I too will be taking delivery of a 430 this year. lightin up son.
    rock on

Hi Patiek

Thanks a lot for sharing ... Well i Thing your 1st feeling are positive, since it is always the problem this those passionate tests results : You always worried when the "so marvelous and astonished" toy don't send you to the moon and in the 8Th sky... Anyway it is also positive for the 360 : Hard to forget
    BTW since you had both 360 & 420 and since you have the owner manual can you see if the service cost will be far inferior or quiet the same compared the 360 to the 420... May be THE reason to switch ovwer is in "The Manual" & Services ....

Once again thanks for sharing and enjoy your toys...

M.L

hey pat guess what? I also have a 360 and guess what again? I too will be taking delivery of a 430 this year. lightin up son.
    rock on

I will, .... like I said, second drive was a lot better,
    haven't driven since, because of the (very) bad, even stormy weather over here,

Quote:
    mlabiche said:
    BTW since you had both 360 & 420 and since you have the owner manual can you see if the service cost will be far inferior or quiet the same compared the 360 to the 420... May be THE reason to switch ovwer is in "The Manual" & Services ....

Well, the improved F1 in the F430 shares its high-pressure hydraulic system with the standard E-Diff. E-Diff and F1 are within the same housing. So I guess the difference between 6-speed and F1 concerning service and maintenance could be not that different. Any folks out there with more techincal knowledge than me to confirm?

With an additional 90 horses over your 360 (assuming your 360 is stock) I'm surprised you don't notice a difference in acceleration. Doesn't the F430 just feel faster than the 360?

Quote:
    Enzo250GTO said:
    With an additional 90 horses over your 360 (assuming your 360 is stock) I'm surprised you don't notice a difference in acceleration. Doesn't the F430 just feel faster than the 360?

Drove it again yesterday (today we have snow), and have to admit that the car really drives a lot better compared to the 360. it has a lot more torque, and it really goes hard, steering is GREAT !
    I drove a CS last week from my friend, and both of us agreed that the F430 is fasters and feels also faster.
    So my first impression was maybe a little bit emotional ....

Sounds magical :-) How about some videos for the boys...?

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    803355 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448612 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    266183 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90092 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6643 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885798 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    833415 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM