Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Couple more facelift

Sorry to sound lazy, im sure ive read this before but I cant for the life of me find it anymore...

When was the facelifted 997 Turbo due again?

By the time you finish searching for it

Quote:
    Flagg said:
    Sorry to sound lazy, im sure ive read this before but I cant for the life of me find it anymore...

When was the facelifted 997 Turbo due again?

Quote:
    ed_moree said:
    Quote:
    Joost said:
    3/4 rear

this is just the actual car is not the restyling

Ed, that was just what this was about. It is a request for patent, for model cars. The dashed lines are there for illustration purposes only, but are not part of the patent. So, these are the areas in which we can expect (visual) changes in the facelift.
    -Joost-

Quote:
    Joost said:
    Quote:
    ed_moree said:
    Quote:
    Joost said:
    3/4 rear

this is just the actual car is not the restyling

Ed, that was just what this was about. It is a request for patent, for model cars. The dashed lines are there for illustration purposes only, but are not part of the patent. So, these are the areas in which we can expect (visual) changes in the facelift.
    -Joost-

sorry Joost, this thread is soo long allready that I get lost sometimes btw. all this posts... . And beeing about the restyling 997 I'm allways expecting new pictures about the restyling....

It seems it's now official that all PCM's will be touchscreen, also just got back from my OPC facelift is due in June

http://www.porsche.com/uk/aboutporsche/pressreleases/pag/?pool=international-de&id=2008-03-31

Quote:
    Italo said:
    just got back from my OPC facelift is due in June

Assuming June (or July) is accurate, question then would be the order and progression........maybe C2 and C2S followed by the 4's & 4S.......then Targa?
    And...whether markets all get 'some' at same time or if that also will be stepped (ie UK vs NA, etc)

In July there will be a 997 launch event in Spain

Great news!
    Which part of Spain?

Woa thanks for the patent model car pic.

Seems like we can conclude some things from it that i didnt know yet

We will see new:

- Mirrors
    - Wipers
    - Lights (obviously)
    - Front seperate lights delete (will be integrated into bumper a la TT)
    - Door handles!!!
    - Side indicators (?)
    - Exhaust tips
    - Rims (yay)

This means, no bumper changes, but i suspect the front inlets will be slightly different incoporating the LED Turbo light unit

I cannot wait now... we're close people.

The dealer event will be in Valencia at the end of june

Quote:
    ale75 said:
    The dealer event will be in Valencia at the end of june

True indeed! Glad to see you here.

Actually, I see those car now every day in and around Stuttgart. So we might be very very short ahead of announcement.

I can confirm that steering wheel puddles. Have seen a car close yet and it had those extended TipTronic Buttons. So it looks like Tip Tronic but they are a bit higher then before. Not real puddles but definatly they play a bigger role then before.

Further on, I was following a car for about an hour last night (no - I'm not a stalker, we have been on the same Autobahn and same direction). The back lights are really looking amazing. Those two illuminated lines on both sides of the car are hooooot! What I also observed have been the gearbox. Yet it is a small quartlery shaped box and in the new car it looks much wider. Dont know what it means but just looks different.

Third thing - having the car in the rear mirror it looks definatley younger than the current 997. Anyway - hard to tell what is changed but it looks fresher.

keep on watching!

Please post pics from the puddles!!!

Holy crap!, just read the ultimate news....We are having a HARD HARD time if we should get right now a 997S or wait...

Lars ! we need pics !!!

Quote:
    Lars997 said:
    Actually, I see those car now every day in and around Stuttgart. So we might be very very short ahead of announcement.

I can confirm that steering wheel puddles. Have seen a car close yet and it had those extended TipTronic Buttons. So it looks like Tip Tronic but they are a bit higher then before. Not real puddles but definatly they play a bigger role then before.

Further on, I was following a car for about an hour last night (no - I'm not a stalker, we have been on the same Autobahn and same direction). The back lights are really looking amazing. Those two illuminated lines on both sides of the car are hooooot! What I also observed have been the gearbox. Yet it is a small quartlery shaped box and in the new car it looks much wider. Dont know what it means but just looks different.

Third thing - having the car in the rear mirror it looks definatley younger than the current 997. Anyway - hard to tell what is changed but it looks fresher.

keep on watching!

great news, can't wait, nice to know the new one look younger and finally has it own style instead of 993-ish!

Guys - the car was a UK right steering and I was passing it on the right Autobahn lane. So I had a very good view on to his steering wheel (with 200 km/h) Anyway - those paddles are plastic parts like the TT, but the ends are going over the middle parts, so they are a bit longer (more or less as long as from any other car manufacturer), just the difference that the position is in the middle of the circle.

Actually I didnt like the design that much, but we have to see how it feels when using it. Much more important is, that there is a PDK behind and not just a new TipTronic with different shifters on the steering.

Sorry - I coudnt make pictures, but I'm 100% sure about what I've seen.

You could draw it

Something like this?

Hi Enzo, indeed - it looked a bit like that Mini Picture. The whole silver area might be the Tiptronic and the buttons are going over it. Everything more elegant in Porsche-Style, but yes - that comes close.

....very soon we should know more.... I guess within the month of April.

@Lars997:
    great description of the car, I'm trying to imagine it with the new light turned on in the night..
    My personal opinion is that current 997 is an amazing car, a car that could stay alive for another year or two (Mercedes, what do you think about a really new SL????), but a facelift after 4 year is not so strange and scandalous, it's simply a market rule.
    You said right: this facelift (just from the photos I saw) seems to give new life to the 997, it "refreshes" the car.
    I really hope to see the "paddle" in thi facelift, too..
    Some days ago I asked a friend of mine, who works in Porsche Italy, if it's possible to put a pre-order for the FL...
    I'm waiting for the answer then I let you all know about it.
    Have a nice day.

Quote:
    kashmir said:

The only sad thing about that: this thread will come to an end then.

. . . you can look at the panamera spy pics . . . its the same steering wheel with the bigger Tiptronic Paddle for the 997 facelift

...ergonomic nightmare for use IMHO.

Really?
    wow...not very beautiful at all...but it should be interesting!

to me pure rubbish, Porsche always try to state that they don't want to follow the trend of normal paddles. What they don't understand is that it shoul not be about trend followng but practicality and usage. When would they learn

The tiptronic type of paddles will be more ergonomic than collumn mounted ones. You will not need to extend your fingers from the wheel.

Quote:
    reginos said:
    The tiptronic type of paddles will be more ergonomic than collumn mounted ones. You will not need to extend your fingers from the wheel.

the beauty of paddles isto be able to extend your hands beyond the steerong wheel F1 style and pull back, not press on a cheap plastic button. The blades (ferrari) or flaps on other cars gives the driver a sense of involement and urge to test the limit of the car, I could assure you that the flimsy plastic sticks don't

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    kashmir said:

The only sad thing about that: this thread will come to an end then.

Right....but I will post a follow-up with pics of my midnight blue 997 MKII....hopefully in July!

Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    ...ergonomic nightmare for use IMHO.

correct....thats why formula 1 cars are operated differntly...

...and RS Spyder and 997RSR!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/3/24 3:40 PM
    watt
    800609 1803
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    447545 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    265412 323
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    264334 288
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    89553 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6256 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

884524 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    830586 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM