Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

F430 sold out

Just spoke to a german dealer:

- F430 is sold out. They don't accept orders any more.

- 599 GTB is sold out until Q3/4 2008.

Re: F430 sold out

Quote:
    zzboba said:

Is this your dealer only or all dealers?

Sounds logical, with a 18 to 24 months wait list, as the successor is expected for late 2008 - early 2009.

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    zzboba said:

Sounds logical, with a 18 to 24 months wait list, as the successor is expected for late 2008 - early 2009.

The dealer in my hometown is still taking orders - only 5-6 months of waiting here.

the dealer has probably sold all his allocations. That does not mean you can't buy one from another dealer

Answers on "sold out" prob depend upon one's status at dealer as a high-freq buyer....seems like F always "finds" a few extra slots for serial, new buyers...who often become interested in certain models (430 is old news..."everyone" in US has already moved from Coupe to Spider....and 599 is most desired, latest tech F) later than some rabid car enthusiasts, who are often short on cash and/or F buying history...

Also, prob different mkt dynamics in Munich/Frankfurt than rest of Germany....prob two highest "consumption" regions in Germany, right?

And aren't Germans prominent players in MC (Euro's version of LA)?.....prob much easier for affluent Germans to source F's out of MC....and keep them at their wkend houses in high-consumption playgrounds, away from envious German neighbors/colleagues/custs, except those also "guilty" of conspicuous consumption in MC region....

For a few months US dealers weren't getting any F430 coupes, the Challenge Car took production. Now they are still few & far between. My dealer showed his allocation email to me Monday. He had only 1 coupe (mine) 3 Spiders, 1 599, that's it. Amazing they live on such numbers. Without a healthy pre-owned business there's no way.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    For a few months US dealers weren't getting any F430 coupes, the Challenge Car took production. Now they are still few & far between. My dealer showed his allocation email to me Monday. He had only 1 coupe (mine) 3 Spiders, 1 599, that's it. Amazing they live on such numbers. Without a healthy pre-owned business there's no way.

Is that allocation for the rest of the year? Which dealer is it.

Quote:
    lapeter said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:

Is that allocation for the rest of the year? Which dealer is it.

I'm not sure, don't think so. But it is the first allocation of coupes in months for him and he only got 1.
    Ferrari of Long Island.

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    zzboba said:

This information was just from one dealer. He told me that there may be german dealers who still have free allocations -- but he doubts it.

I believe it is fair to say that most if not all dealers in the US are "sold" out. Anyone now entering a dealership and asking to order a 430 will more than likely be told it is too late.

I'd agree with that.

Has anyone heard anything further regarding the air-bag issue ? I wonder if they'll even be a MY 2007.

i wonder what percentage of those "sold units" are going straight to the secondary narket?

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    I'd agree with that.

Has anyone heard anything further regarding the air-bag issue ? I wonder if they'll even be a MY 2007.

Lets put it this way. Be happy you are taking delivery before September 1, 2006. This issue may get sticky.

Quick story. The other day I was entering a Freeway in my 430 Spider and had to accelerate to merge and obviously the exhaust was singing.

As I merged coming up next to me was a AM DB9. He was looking over at me but I thought nothing of it. I then exited and went into a shopping center parking lot and the AM followed. When I parked, he pulled next me and began asking how long I had to wait to get the car. I told him and he explained to me that he has been trying to get a 430 but was having difficulty finding one at a moderate price over MSRP. Also he would love to get a Spider but the situation was even worse.

He asked for my advice as to getting into a 430. I shared what I could. I found it interesting a AM guy wanting a 430. What ever people may think of Ferrari it has universal appeal.

Montezemole was interview by italian mag Quattroruote on the last number and he said that when the waiting time exceed 18 months it is necessary to build more ferrari.
    this is the rule.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    I'd agree with that.

Lets put it this way. Be happy you are taking delivery before September 1, 2006. This issue may get sticky.

Quick story. The other day I was entering a Freeway in my 430 Spider and had to accelerate to merge and obviously the exhaust was singing.

As I merged coming up next to me was a AM DB9. He was looking over at me but I thought nothing of it. I then exited and went into a shopping center parking lot and the AM followed. When I parked, he pulled next me and began asking how long I had to wait to get the car. I told him and he explained to me that he has been trying to get a 430 but was having difficulty finding one at a moderate price over MSRP. Also he would love to get a Spider but the situation was even worse.

He asked for my advice as to getting into a 430. I shared what I could. I found it interesting a AM guy wanting a 430. What ever people may think of Ferrari it has universal appeal.

I may not be taking delivery before September 1st but I guess my car will be built before that. Do I need to be concerned ? My order was entered Monday & my dealer said I should take delivery in September. Which is funny because I ordered my CS in May too (in 2004) and received it in September.

I know in my area if you weren't told you were getting a car sometime back in late 2004 you pretty much out of luck. Luckily when I took delivery of my CS I was promised a 430 even though at the time I was thinking of waiting for the 430CS. Another thing w/ my dealer and I'm told w/ others as well - The only way to get a 430 at msrp was you had to already be an existing customer.

I know a guy that had a deposit down at another dealer in 2003 for a 360 Spider and he still hasn't recieved a car. It's a tough market.

Unless Ferrari gets a waiver from DOT, as of September 1st, 2006 no new 430's will be allowed to enter the US.
    In the past Ferrari as well as other car manufacturers have received a waiver. The hearing is scheduled in July.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Unless Ferrari gets a waiver from DOT, as of September 1st, 2006 no new 430's will be allowed to enter the US.
    In the past Ferrari as well as other car manufacturers have received a waiver. The hearing is scheduled in July.

If my 430 follows the same schedule as my CS guess the car will be on the water in late July. (it took a few extra weeks because of the Hurricane's in August 2004) which means it might be really, really tight against that deadline. Essshhh. Hope it wont be a problem.

The hearing is in July ? "Do a good job, do a good job, do a good job" (said like Steve Buscemi "Rockhound" in Armageddon)

Quote:
    nberry said:

Hey, you should be Ferrari's lawyer... maybe they'll give you a 599 GTB as payment

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:

If my 430 follows the same schedule as my CS guess the car will be on the water in late July. (it took a few extra weeks because of the Hurricane's in August 2004) which means it might be really, really tight against that deadline. Essshhh. Hope it wont be a problem.

The hearing is in July ? "Do a good job, do a good job, do a good job" (said like Steve Buscemi "Rockhound" in Armageddon)

You could fly it in for $7000.It arrives with a week of completion date. You don't have to decide method of shipping until it reaches around stage 80.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:

You could fly it in for $7000.It arrives with a week of completion date. You don't have to decide method of shipping until it reaches around stage 80.

Hmmmmmm
    Do you know the exact date for the July hearing ?

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    I'd agree with that.

i thought you would feel sorry for him and say , here take mine for a small fee

It's hard to believe that the DOT thing is still speculation at this point. Doesn't someone know someone at the DOT(or F) that can give us the scoop?

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    zzboba said:

The dealer in my hometown is still taking orders - only 5-6 months of waiting here.

ONLY 5-6 months waiting, can't believe this,
    witch country ????

Here are the details.

http://dmses.dot.gov/docimages/pdf95/381662_web.pdf

i guess all talk about the f430 being an all new car was just marketing!
    from the petition you would think ferrari was going to bankrupt w/o the u.s. sales of the f430!
    must be i'm just confused by all that legal mumbo jumbo!

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Here are the details.

uh, they really had to come clean... "just some minor facelift", "new model in 2008"...
    embarrassing situation.

my prophecy of doom:

- ROW markets will be flooded with F430's in 2007

- F430 successor will be delivered to US in advance, while ROW still has to wait

i hope they can settle this.

430's do seem to be more readily available in Europe, a few phone calls to dealers will confirm average six months wait for a brand new car to spec. I wonder if the above situation will make the cars even more readily available?

Quote:
    a few phone calls to dealers will confirm average six months wait for a brand new car to spec.

is this some assumption or have you actually called?

Thanks Nick.
    I didn't read the whole thing but noticed they spoke about why they couldn't increase production (because they are at capacity) & stockpile vehicles manufacturing them before the September 1st deadline.

"At a meeting several months ago NHSTA staff raised the possibility that in lieu of an exemption Ferrari should stockpile F430 vehicled built (and certified)prior to September 1, 2006 for sale in the United States after that date"

So is the issue about not being able to SHIP to the US after September 1st OR they cannot MANUFACTURER cars after Septemeber 1st without the waiver ?

And look at this:
    "The inability of Ferrari to sell F430 vehicles MANUFACTURED after the September 1, 2006 in the United States would also have a drastic effect on FNA"

It appears the September date is a manufacturing date not shipping into the US deadline. Which could mean as long as the car was manufactured in June or July (considering they still take August vacation) it wouldn't matter when the car was delivered to the US. And I would have to think if they don't get the waiver they are going to try and finish every single car they started. ......... Do you agree it looks like a manufacturing deadline not a delivery into the US deadline ????????????

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Here are the details.

This letter was dated almost a year ago now. Anyone know what the follow up to it is? Is F just waiting for a decision or have they been denied?

BTW, if F just comes up with a solution or they bump up the next '08 car then it makes them look like they were just crying and making excuses in their letter. This will set a precedent for future which I'm sure they don't want to do. It looks like exemption is their only hope.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    803789 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448680 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    266287 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90148 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6712 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885998 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    833970 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM