Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Bye bye

Quote:
    Rami said:
    The luggage space in the front is about the same as a 996 AWD but there is no room whatsoever behind the seats in the G Spyder.

So I guess this is not available for the Spyder then :

Luggage Set II
    Includes 2 leather bags in the back of the driver and passenger seats.

All the options for the 2006 Gallardo, it can now almost rival Porsche for practicality:

Smoker Version

-- E-Gear Transmission
    Includes three mode (Sport, Low Adherence, Auto) electro-hydraulically shifted six-speed paddle shift manual transmission.

-- Interior Carbon Package

-- "Cassiopea" Titanium Wheels on Winter and Sport Tires
    Includes "Cassiopea" style titanium colored wheels and sets of both Pirelli winter and sport tires.

-- Out of Current Range Colors

-- Winter Package
    Includes heated exterior mirrors, seats and windshield washer jets, black carpets, winter tires with "Cassiopea" style titanium colored rims and a power outlet in the trunk.

-- "Cassiopea" Titanium Wheels on Winter tires
    Includes "Cassiopea" style titanium colored wheels and Pirelli winter tires.

-- Transparent Engine Bonnet
    Includes engine deck lid with tempered glass over middle section.

-- "Cassiopea" Titanium Wheels on Sport Tires
    Includes "Cassiopea" style titanium colored wheels and Pirelli sport tires.

-- Interior Leather Package II

-- "Cassiopea" Standard Wheels on Winter Tires
    Includes "Cassiopea" style standard wheels and Pirelli winter tires.

-- Electric and Heated Seats
    Includes 6-way adjustable heated seats with power adjustment of side bolsters, backrest inclination and lumbar support.

-- "Callisto" Silver Rims on Standard Tires
    Includes "Callisto" style silver colored wheels and standard Pirelli P Zero tires.

-- Luggage Set I + II
    Includes 4 leather bags for the trunk and back of the driver and passenger seats.

-- Special Colors (3 Layer)
    Includes 3-layer exterior color.

-- Rear View Camera

-- Navigation System
    Includes DVD based navigation system.

-- Sport Setup Package
    Includes sport suspension, engine air filters and suede steering wheel.

-- Luggage Set II

-- Luggage Set I
    Includes 2 leather bags for the trunk.

-- Special Colors (Metallic)

-- Alcantara
    Includes Alcantara interior available in ivory, yellow, light gray, black and dark gray colors.

-- Bi-Color Sportive
    Includes two-tone leather Sport interior available in blue, black and dark gray colors.

-- Bi-Color Elegant
    Includes two-tone leather Elegant interior available in blue, black and dark gray colors.

-- Leather Roof Lining
    Includes roof lining and mounting in natural leather. (Available in black, blue and dark grey.)

-- Branding Package
    Includes Lamborghini script on dashboard, Lamborghini logo on headrests and colored logo on wheels.

-- Grey Calipers
    Includes grey colored brake calipers.

-- Yellow Calipers
    Includes yellow colored brake calipers.

-- Travel Package
    Includes storage box under the steering wheel, storage nets on the backs of the seats and cup holder.

-- Anti-Theft System
    Includes Alpine alarm system with motion activated interior sensors.

-- "Cassiopea" Titanium Wheels on Standard Tires
    Includes "Cassiopea" style titanium colored wheels and standard Pirelli P Zero tires.

-- Interior Leather Package I

-- Onboard Computer
    Includes onboard computer that displays average speed, fuel consumption, instant fuel consumption, trip distance and trip time.

-- Car Cover Set
    Includes cover set made of anti-static, non-waterproof cloth in black color with Lamborghini logo.

-- Heated Seats
    Includes 6-way adjustable heated seats controlled by a knob on the dashboard.

-- Car Care Essentials
    Includes case containing body polish, tire lotion, rim polish, leather products insect remover spray, microfiber cloth and sponge with abrasive side.

-- CI Badge - Wheels
    Includes full color Lamborghini logo on wheels' center caps.

-- Heated Mirrors
    Includes heated mirrors which automatically turn on when the engine is on and outside temperature is lower than 68* F.

Quote:
    temm said:
    So I guess this is not available for the Spyder then :

Luggage Set II

That would be correct temm!

I am curious why the Gallardo Spyder over the 430 Spider? I certainly understand your concern with the 997TT styling.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    I am curious why the Gallardo Spyder over the 430 Spider? I certainly understand your concern with the 997TT styling.

Judging by Rami's actual set of wheels, he favors 4WD which the F430 doesn't have.

I find the Gallardo better achieved as well for a spider (independant glass rear window, rear camera, proper sat nav, etc.)

Actually, they are quite different beasts, dynamically, Gallardo is closer to 911 Turbo, and even their engine have very different character, Lambo V10 is very linear in its delivery whereas Ferrari V8, although more torquey than the previous generation is still the thouroughbred choice IMO. More racy if you prefer.

And from a style perspective, some people are still at ease with the 430. Not a huge fan of the front air intakes and I find that the enzo like small rear lights give it a rather weird looking high perched bum compared to the pretty Modena.

Visually though, both have way more impact than the future 911 Turbo. Always have, always will.

Quote:
    nberry said:

Maybe because he cares about looks AND performance?

If I would have the money and if I wouldn't care about what my neighbors say, I would buy a Murcielago, the upcoming facelifted one. Oh boy...what a monster.

Quote:
    RC said:
    If I would have the money and if I wouldn't care about what my neighbors say, I would buy a Murcielago, the upcoming facelifted one. Oh boy...what a monster.

RC,

Buy it and tell your neighbors it's a loaner car from the dealer .

Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:
    Buy it and tell your neighbors it's a loaner car from the dealer .

Impossible. There is no Lambo dealer in my town, so it is impossible that it would be a dealer car because it would have license plates from outside my town. Anyway: my neighbors aren't stupid but at least they think I'm working for Porsche because they saw so many loaners/press cars with Stuttgart license plates, so they don't care about my Porsche cars anymore.

Quote:

latest rumour: 650 HP!

will see the light of day in geneva as well. 599 GTB, 997 TT, murcielago2 -- what a show!

Quote:
    zzboba said:
    Quote:

latest rumour: 650 HP!

will see the light of day in geneva as well. 599 GTB, 997 TT, murcielago2 -- what a show!

This thing is going to cause a lot of problems for the Carrera GT.

Quote:
    RC said:

Screw what your neighbors say. Do what you want, as long as you're not hurting anybody else.

It's not just neighbours one has to worry about, but it's also the business / clients. My old man used to have a 993, and whenever he would go see a client he would use our C Class merc or a volvo s40. It's hard to explain but it's just a european thing, it's common in germany and the netherlands.

Quote:
    RC said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:

It may also be he cannot get a 430 Spider or there is a long wait list.

In the US the gallardo does not do well. I think the Gallardo Spyder will do better but not by much. I know of 4 people who own or have owned gallardo's and opted for Ferrari even though it meant they had to pay over MSRP.

The Mucielago is a beautiful car. Unfortunately, the Spyder version has a top which is nothing short of a disaster. Difficult to put up and down and has been criticised by almost everyone.

Moving to Brooklyn?

Quote:
    Fanch said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:

Judging by Rami's actual set of wheels, he favors 4WD which the F430 doesn't have.

I find the Gallardo better achieved as well for a spider (independant glass rear window, rear camera, proper sat nav, etc.)

Actually, they are quite different beasts, dynamically, Gallardo is closer to 911 Turbo, and even their engine have very different character, Lambo V10 is very linear in its delivery whereas Ferrari V8, although more torquey than the previous generation is still the thouroughbred choice IMO. More racy if you prefer.

And from a style perspective, some people are still at ease with the 430. Not a huge fan of the front air intakes and I find that the enzo like small rear lights give it a rather weird looking high perched bum compared to the pretty Modena.

Visually though, both have way more impact than the future 911 Turbo. Always have, always will.

Couldn't have said it any better! Availability isn't that much of a problem here, I could have gotten an F430 Spider around October/November. But Fanch already explained why I didn't go for it.

Oh ... and RC ... looks AND performance ... so true

As for the Murcielago ... truly awesome car ... Valentino was there with his M ... what a beast!!! But not suitable for every day use ... way too low and on top of that very wide AND harsh. On top of that 100K more is not possible right now

Quote:
    shindou said:
    It's not just neighbours one has to worry about, but it's also the business / clients. My old man used to have a 993, and whenever he would go see a client he would use our C Class merc or a volvo s40. It's hard to explain but it's just a european thing, it's common in germany and the netherlands.

I understand for business reasons, why what you drive is important. And I mean, sometimes you don't want to show too nice a car in some professions whereas, if you're not driving a Mercedes Benz S or SL class in the real esate business here in Newport Beach, you might be seen as not very successful. What I don't get is why worry about how your neighbors feel. Either they like you or they don't and if they don't like you because of what you drive, maybe they're not worth being friends with.

You bought an American Supercar? HA thats right American Supercar that doesn't exist, it's an oxymoron.

I don't know?

Quote:
    RC said:

Concerning the neighbour, Lamborghini has already made that a subject of its advertising ... :-)

Quote:
    andreas_mue said:

Concerning the neighbour, Lamborghini has already made that a subject of its advertising ... :-)

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    780804 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442541 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263327 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261654 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85788 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5908 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881400 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    818792 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM