Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Bye bye

I just turned to the dark side ...

Re: Bye bye

?

He's gone decaffeinated?

Bought a Lambo?

Quote:
    Rami said:

Off to Iraq?

lost a wheel?

Power outage?

I think he means the 'F' side.

mcdelaug

Off to jail?

ferrari isnt dark, ferrari is the "pretty" side..the bull is the dark side...

Or maybe he's referring to a "dusky jewel" like that Doors' song...

mcdelaug

I think I will do the same ...

Please tell us you are still attracted to women and you are not going to be a switch hitter

Quote:
    bostonmini said:
    ferrari isnt dark, ferrari is the "pretty" side..the bull is the dark side...

Ferrari is the "bling bling" side.

Quote:
    Rami said:

It's darkest before dawn.. so what's the new sun???

sounds like Gallardo SE to me... or maybe a black Z06??

please illuminate us!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
    OCEAN said:
    Please tell us you are still attracted to women and you are not going to be a switch hitter

DUH!?!

Ah well still a few people got it right
    Went to the Brussels Motorshow and the Bull seduced me ... actually I already fell for it a few months ago but my hopes were still high for the 997TT. Unfortunately I can't find peace with the design ... I spent HOURS looking at all those pictures trying to find reasons to go for the Porsche. Finally a little voice inside of me told me that looking for a reason to buy is not the way to go with these cars ... you love it or you don't. And althoug the 997TT will be quite a bit faster I still can't imagine myself driving in a car that doesn't do it for me aesthetically.
    And that's where the Bull comes in ... I ordered a pretty highly specced Gallardo Spider.
    I hope I'll still be welcome here ... I still have the CTT so I hope that won't be a problem

Quote:
    Rami said:
    Quote:
    OCEAN said:

I hope I'll still be welcome here ... I still have the CTT so I hope that won't be a problem

ok..only thanks to the Cay you are still welcome

HAHAH

Gallardo looks great,and if you prefer it to the 997 TT noone can tell you something..car is yours and is right that you choose the one you prefer!

congrats!

Quote:
    And that's where the Bull comes in ... I ordered a pretty highly specced Gallardo Spider.

congratulations! spyder is awesome choice! and no need to to put the beer goggles on in order to find the 997 turbo beautiful...

Quote:
    Rami said:
    Quote:
    OCEAN said:

DUH!?!

Ah well still a few people got it right
    Went to the Brussels Motorshow and the Bull seduced me ... actually I already fell for it a few months ago but my hopes were still high for the 997TT. Unfortunately I can't find peace with the design ... I spent HOURS looking at all those pictures trying to find reasons to go for the Porsche. Finally a little voice inside of me told me that looking for a reason to buy is not the way to go with these cars ... you love it or you don't. And althoug the 997TT will be quite a bit faster I still can't imagine myself driving in a car that doesn't do it for me aesthetically.

Congrats!! I think the G.Spyder is clearly the nicest convertible amongs the 430 and the 996tt!! and that move still gives you the possibility to trade in your 996 conv for a closed 997 if need - and urge- be. the firdt 997tt probably wont have the pdk anyway, so that would be a good project for next summer
    what's the specs/colour and when will they deliver it?

what a car! enjoy.

Quote:
    turbolite said:
    Congrats!! I think the G.Spyder is clearly the nicest convertible amongs the 430 and the 996tt!! and that move still gives you the possibility to trade in your 996 conv for a closed 997 if need - and urge- be. the firdt 997tt probably wont have the pdk anyway, so that would be a good project for next summer
    what's the specs/colour and when will they deliver it?

Who knows

Delivery planned for September/October 2006 so still quite some time to enjoy my 996TT cab

Here are the specs:
    anti-theft system
    satellite tracking
    board computer
    branding package
    Callisto alloy wheels in titanium
    CI badges for wheels
    silver grey color brake calipers
    e-gear
    electr. heated seats
    interior leather package 1 in combo with alcantara (black)
    stitching in bianco polar (very light grey, almost white)
    lifting system
    navigation
    rear view camera
    winterpackage with extra set of titanium alloys

Color out of range ... guess what ... there will be a bit of Porsche in my Bull ... Atlas Grey
    Soft top will be blue.

Altho the color might be changed to Grigio Proteus (shade of grey) with a black soft top. This will only happen if the blue soft top is not available for 2006 which might be the case unfortunately.

Congrats Rami, looks like a fantastic spec car
    Can't wait to see pictures of it here on Rennteam

I love the Gallardo in Grigio Proteus, I assume you have seen the pictures of a Grigio Proteus SE over at lambo-power.com, it looks like a stealth fighter

very nice and very elegant in grey/blue! let's hhope it works aout that way!

Quote:
    Rami said:
    Delivery planned for September/October 2006 so still quite some time to enjoy my 996TT cab

Here are the specs:
    anti-theft system
    satellite tracking
    board computer
    branding package
    Callisto alloy wheels in titanium
    CI badges for wheels
    silver grey color brake calipers
    e-gear
    electr. heated seats
    interior leather package 1 in combo with alcantara (black)
    stitching in bianco polar (very light grey, almost white)
    lifting system
    navigation
    rear view camera
    winterpackage with extra set of titanium alloys

Color out of range ... guess what ... there will be a bit of Porsche in my Bull ... Atlas Grey
    Soft top will be blue.

Altho the color might be changed to Grigio Proteus (shade of grey) with a black soft top. This will only happen if the blue soft top is not available for 2006 which might be the case unfortunately.

Congrats to your great car! Gallardo is really nice and grigio proteus would be great as well...

Awesome specs!!!
    I like the Gallardo, a bit OTT but the fact you're going for a darker color balances it.
    And congrats on dark grey with blue top, hope the latter is available bc that makes for a very combo IMO.
    Thanks to Rossi for posting the pic of the Lambo dark grey.
    Rami, colors are subjective but I recommend that grey. Atlas is nice but too close to black IMO and you won't enjoy the contrast with the blue top too much.
    Great option from Lambo to have that lift system, very practical for city driving with all those dos d'ane!
    I dont' know if like me, you like using your car as a travelling GT, but one thing you might miss compared to your 911 is practicality and luggage space.
    Have you had a chance to explore the car in detail? Any space in the front of behind the seats?
    e-gear is much better than on first version. A friend told me first versions were extremely jerky and temperamenal! No more issues now.
    Do you get the improved chassis and the 520 hp V10 upgrade that come with the SE model?
    Boy I'm jaleous! That car is going to be superb?
    Where are you in Belgium?
    I'll have to come and visit and share one of your excellent beers! And moules frites bien sur!

Quote:
    Rossi said:

Congrats to your great car! Gallardo is really nice and grigio proteus would be great as well...

That's the car I was talking about

Quote:

now this is a nice grey! thanks rossi!

Congrats!!! , of course you're still welcome here we wanna see the pictures.

Quote:
    Fanch said:
    Awesome specs!!!
    I like the Gallardo, a bit OTT but the fact you're going for a darker color balances it.
    And congrats on dark grey with blue top, hope the latter is available bc that makes for a very combo IMO.
    Thanks to Rossi for posting the pic of the Lambo dark grey.
    Rami, colors are subjective but I recommend that grey. Atlas is nice but too close to black IMO and you won't enjoy the contrast with the blue top too much.
    Great option from Lambo to have that lift system, very practical for city driving with all those dos d'ane!
    I dont' know if like me, you like using your car as a travelling GT, but one thing you might miss compared to your 911 is practicality and luggage space.
    Have you had a chance to explore the car in detail? Any space in the front of behind the seats?
    e-gear is much better than on first version. A friend told me first versions were extremely jerky and temperamenal! No more issues now.
    Do you get the improved chassis and the 520 hp V10 upgrade that come with the SE model?
    Boy I'm jaleous! That car is going to be superb?
    Where are you in Belgium?
    I'll have to come and visit and share one of your excellent beers! And moules frites bien sur!

Thanks guys!!!
    I'm still not sure about the color combo either Fanch ... for now I'm gonna leave it as it is and await Lambo's answer for the soft top. I haven't seen the blue top in real life so far ... if the color is too bright I will switch to Grigio Proteus with black top as well. I'll know more about this mid/end February.

The lift system is indeed a must have here, most speed bumps are ok to drive over normally but some of them are simply disgusting and then it really comes in handy. It's also very good to enter parking lots etc.

I do drive about 25.000km per year but most of it is simply joyriding. Whenever we go shopping we use the Cayenne Turbo of course
    The luggage space in the front is about the same as a 996 AWD but there is no room whatsoever behind the seats in the G Spyder. Oh well, as stated in the brand new 'ME' Lamborghini magazine: Lamborghini - the ultimate ego trip

About the e-gear: I had a nice chat with Valentino Balboni (thx again for signing the very first issue of 'ME') and he told me that the last e-gear versions no longer have any of those problems. They now even have some sort of fail safe build in to prevent damaging the clutch by doing burn outs. You can still do a burnout but when you want to do another one 200m ahead then the software will not allo you to do so. Otherwise you will end up in the shop after a few times Accelerating real hard is no problem of course but you need to have the ESP enabled, that way the clutch doens't get damaged and thus you can perform hard launches like that as much as you want.
    I testdrove an e-gear myself and found it very easy to drive (also in slow or city traffic). I always drove manual but I can tell you the experience of downshifting alone makes the e-gear worth its while

All Spyders are MY06 so it will have 520HP indeed along with the shorter gear ratios etc.

I live right in the middle between Antwerp and Brussels.
    Hmmmmm ... Belgian fries ... who tf ever translated them to French fries is an [censored] ... there are clearly a Belgian invention ... even Asterix tells us so

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    781511 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442722 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263429 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261801 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85912 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5964 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881556 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    819342 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM