I think it is an overall hp problem and price point problem. The price is fine- but is it worth it for what you get? Will someone be willing to pay 95k for a single C2 997 with a crapload of options over that of M5 or Z06? I can't see spending 95k on a 911 C2 vs. the price of a Z06. The Z06 may have a crap interior- but spending 5k and taking it to a shop will fix that problem.

So far as the Z06 and corners---- I assume you haven't read the reviews of it. The Z06 is a very very stable car at speed and can take corners better than a ferrari. It technically is a super car. It may not have super car looks--- but it performs better than a Sl55, Better than a f430, better than a gallardo.. better than a porsche C2S and when the turbo gets reviewed it will run with it too. Just look at the Nurburgring track times and all of the reviews-- the Z06 is the GREATEST corvettes ever created and one of the most solid sports cars to come from the US in decades (opposed to the Ford GT).

Here is the thing though with your arguement- an individual looking at a C2 cab isn't looking at a Boxster or an SLK or anything else like that. The prices of each aren't equal at all--- you have to look at the prices. If you look at the prices, the style of the cars, and everything else- the porsche boxster is in the same category as the Z4 and SLK.

The Z4 M Coupe isn't a full range sports car-- it's the EXACT same thing that the Cayman is... (a hard topped version of a roadster). You can't logically compare it to the 911 C2 or C2s- b/c they are two completely different cars.

Truly, it would be like comparing a Pagani Zonda to a C2S cab and saying that the Pagani is a good competition for the C2s b/c they both are convertible. hahaha, they are two different realms.

The issue here is that porsche isn't doing enough. Saying you have a porsche boxster but you haven't done anything to the engine and the overal design doesn't make it these days. That is the point. I'm not going to spend 68k on a boxster to make it what it should be (navigation, bose sound system, 18 inch wheels, carbon fiber trim, self dimming mirrors, PAINTED WHEEL EMBLEMS!) Those things should be regular options that don't cost an arm and a leg. Who has ever heard of paying for colored emblems on the car?! Hell, SAAB does that crap for free!!! that's not an option-- that's EXPECTED. In the same vein, one can get all of the same crap on at a better price from any competitor.

I love how you can do so many options on a porsche, but the options alone don't sell me- I'm buying the car b/c of what it stands for and what it can do--- for a certain price, I expect it to be better than its competitors.