First of all hi to y'all - I'm a newbie here Smiley

Second of all - sorry if I couldn't find the right  thread, I'm still struggling a bit with the forum layout, and perhaps I don't really master the search function yet.

Third of all, I went to inspect a 997 GT3RS mk1 with about 10k on the clock today and of course asked for a read-out. The garage promptly arranged a mechanic with a laptop and the following data came out of the green beauty:

About 100-200 ignitions in Stage 1 (at 100 hours)  and about 27 in Stage 2 (at 50 hours). Nothing in 3-6, which is a good thing. However, I'd still like to get some reassurance regarding the overrevs in 1 and 2, despite the Porsche approved guarantee.

Stage 1 doesn't seem to be a problem, as it's just hitting the limiter - which happens quite fast which such a jewel of an engine. And if I'm correct, 27 ignitions in stage 2 aren't a big deal either. After some rough calculations, this ought to equal about 0.06seconds?

what is the deal with the hours mentioned? Is this how long ago the last overrev occurred, or is this the engine hour at which it last occurred? So for example for the last stage 2 overrev, did it occur after 50 engine hours, or 50 engine hours ago?

Thanks for all the help guys and looking forward to discuss online and meet some of you IRL.

Happy driving! Smiley

--

M3 CSL / Alpina D3 Bi-Turbo Touring / RS2 Avant / GT3RS Kermit (coming up)