Crown

Board: Motor Sports Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: [2022] Formula 1

Chuuuuuccckkkkkiss  Note Bene:  His head and car jumping here, as does Sainz in Q3.   Smokin'wink

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.watch-ride-onboard-with-charles-leclerc-for-his-stunning-pole-lap-in-baku.1fHuDgUpG3W...

watt:

At 4 minutes left Q1, Lewee is on the video, and his head is bouncing like he's being hit with a jackhammer- Lord that car/setup is trash, no wonder he's bitching.  I hope to see George's equivalent video to compare.

But they do feel pride by having a rainbow Mercedes star on their cars.  

Ferrari, lol. Feel bad for Sainz. Ham must feel like a chump if Merc is indeed giving him the development rig. 

Three Ferrari power units out of the race.  What another disaster for them. 

That’s the fourth lame horse. 

Bad day for the RB / Max haters today. angry

Redemption win for Verstappen after last year.

A unhappy Perez with some subtle team order, with a slow pit stop to boot to make sure he will be behind his teammate.

Perhaps fireworks behind close door later. 

Ferrari also have fireworks, literally and not in a good way. Seems like they are finding new ways to shoot themselves in the foot.

Russell continue his fine form, Mercedes nailed their driver selection.

Like all drivers, Hamilton also has an expiration date, and it's getting close.

What else? Ah McLaren also have their fireworks going.

Norris isn't going to be happy stuck behind Ricciardo today. Wanna bet some heated exchange behind close doors? 

Vettel, amazing recovery spin after going off, wow, he did everything in one swift motion, as if it was a planned move.

Will Latifi last the season?

--

I'm thinking about the long term damage to spine and brain, being inflicted by all the bouncing. I would refuse to drive such a car (Ham's Mercedes).

Oh oh CHUCK run‘s out of luck! Again he underdelivers in the race, very poor start and after that again a very poor car reliability from Ferrari.

RB made sure in the pitstops to give MV enough time to catch up easily on SP, kind of obvious.

LH was clearly the faster and more consistent Merc driver today as soon as he could drive in clean air (like GR is doing it every race if he qualifies 5th).

Lewis problems are the qualifyings but knowing that he‘s right now more a development than a race driver the outcome is logic… (even though a few rennteamers don’t wanna see it that way).

The Points say everything.  And it's time for Lewee to quit whining and retire gracefully, he's too old for F1.  He's an embarrassment to all sporting competitors.  No stiff upper lip here.

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/12632603/azerbaijan-gp-lewis-hamilton-reveals-back-pain-caused-by-bouncing-mercedes-left...

Lando Norris on porpoising post-race:

"I'm not complaining... it's the trade of trying to gain performance. We can quite easily go lower, and gain performance but have more porpoising... I'm sure Mercedes can raise the ride height, but it would cost them performance."

https://www.racefans.net/2022/06/12/mercedes-plan-reserve-driver-solution-for-canada-in-case-hamilton-cannot-drive/

Max beat Checo by like 20 seconds, no? 

JoeRockhead:

Max beat Checo by like 20 seconds, no? 

Back to normal.  

Binotto needs to be terminated.  Ferrari is in deep trouble.

But at least Ferrari scored a 1st and 2nd today. 1st and 2nd out of the race. Think of all the CO2 they didn't emit. Greenest team on the track - Vettel and Woke Whiny should move there, and Chuck needs a new teamSmiley

Imagine Chuck as PORSCHE'S FIRST DRIVERSmiley

So what you saying is that Ferrari needs divine help in order to finish......

Sounds like exactly how Max drives, he will fit right in there then! smiley

Even Max said it himself.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/max-verstappen-praises-red-bulls-incredible-pace-but-admits-to-luck/
    --

watt:
    Topspeed:

https://streamable.com/r89g2z

Hilarious!  How does Slow Woke Lewee give a tow to George miles aheadSmileySmiley

Miles ahead? Russell was only 2secs behind.

watt:

The Points say everything.  And it's time for Lewee to quit whining and retire gracefully, he's too old for F1.  He's an embarrassment to all sporting competitors.  No stiff upper lip here.

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/12632603/azerbaijan-gp-lewis-hamilton-reveals-back-pain-caused-by-bouncing-mercedes-left...

Wow...You need to take a break and chill Smiley

Hamilton and Alonso still have what it takes to be fast. Even Vettel did great today.

Don't forget that Hamilton lost two positions during the first VSC because of the Mercedes double-stacking. Then he was stuck behind Ocon(an Alpine again) for 7 laps. Alpines were one of the fastests cars on the main straight.

He benefited on the 2nd VSC (both Alpha Tauri didn't change tires) but the time was lost already in the first half of the race.

Well deserved Driver of the Day tittle. Haters gonna hate! Smiley

Sorry if I wasn't clear - generally George has been ahead by a lot, and Good Old Ferrari sure helped Merc today 

Max knows it can flip back:

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/video.max-verstappen-red-bulls-pace-was-very-strong-in-azerbaijan-gp.1735437922696260885.html...

Chuck is bumming

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/video.charles-leclerc-engine-blowout-in-azerbaijan-gp-more-than-frustrating.17354303307617177...

the lead is fragile

1655056107270image (1).jpeg

@watt

maybe your dreams come true and Lewis has to miss the next GP in Montreal due to health reasons

https://www.planetf1.com/news/lewis-hamilton-could-miss-canadian-gp/

I guess you‘ll be very happy if this is gonna happen

watt:

Easy solution:  retire.

https://www.racefans.net/2022/06/12/ill-do-anything-to-avoid-having-that-again-says-hamilton-after-most-painful-race-ever/

Did you read the article BTW?

“…Hamilton ran some different parts on his car compared to his team mate, and he said it’s clear they haven’t worked.

“George didn’t the have the same bounces that I had,” Hamilton noted. “He had a lot less bouncing. Yesterday I lost three-and-a-half tenths to him, just on the straights.

“I had an experimental part on my car and different rear suspension. So ultimately it’s the wrong one….“

So let‘s recap again, Lewis is trying to develop the car and therefore is using different specs than George. Do you really think that a multiple-WC team is relying on the opinion/ impressions of someone who‘s about to retire?

I guess that they fully know by the data they‘ve evaluating every race and event whom to trust in order to improve their car

Lord_Driftalot:
    watt:

Easy solution:  retire.

https://www.racefans.net/2022/06/12/ill-do-anything-to-avoid-having-that-again-says-hamilton-after-most-painful-race-ever/

Did you read the article BTW?

“…Hamilton ran some different parts on his car compared to his team mate, and he said it’s clear they haven’t worked.

“George didn’t the have the same bounces that I had,” Hamilton noted. “He had a lot less bouncing. Yesterday I lost three-and-a-half tenths to him, just on the straights.

“I had an experimental part on my car and different rear suspension. So ultimately it’s the wrong one….“

So let‘s recap again, Lewis is trying to develop the car and therefore is using different specs than George. Do you really think that a multiple-WC team is relying on the opinion/ impressions of someone who‘s about to retire?

I guess that they fully know by the data they‘ve evaluating every race and even whom to trust in order to improve their car

Oh c'mon, let's be realistic, if they gave Hamilton the "supposed" experimental parts is not because Russell can't test the car like Hamilton, it's because Russell has consistently put the Merc in the top 5 EVERY single race, without excuses nor complaining, 8 GPs in a row and is now 4th in the championship. By now everyone clearly knows, on who to put their bets on in Mercedes to secure the most constructor's points, specially the Mercedes team itself, and who gets to test parts during the championship instead...

Let's agree to disagree 😉

Please remember how many times Lewis had this season bad luck in the races and mostly George was taking profit out of it!

I do acknowledge George's great qualifying pace but again even if you remember the qualifying in Monaco Lewis was robbed from his to be best lap due to Sergios accident at the end of the session and Lewis got (like others as well red flagged).

However let's wait and see how this season will evolve, I still believe Lewis is the man to beat as long as his race craft is way superior to others (being very fast and at the same time cosy to the tires) 🤩

Lordy Lord_ you're living in the past,

yes Lewee was great once, yes he didn't whine and make excuses once and yes it's hard for you and others to accept,  but the tide waits for no man.  Fans of tiger woods are going through the same.

Great fun -- the front three from start so tight, too bad espn/sky kept babbling.  Max all over Chuck and Chuck having to press may have led to the blowup.  Sainz sounded like tranny failure.  Two different failure types bodes very poorly.

Max sure was fast today.

Hamilton has been trying different setup/parts since the first race while Russell seems to have a more conservative setup/parts. That's why Hamilton results in quali/race are a hit or miss. Also being very unlucky with SC...

Russell jumped to a good team and a 5th place for him is like a championship win.

Hamilton doesn't care about 5th places. He just wants to fix de car to be able to fight with Ferrari/RB on the second half of the season. His feedback is very important to Mercedes engineers since he has been with them for so long. He knows a thing or two. ;)

Obviously anti-Hamilton crowd devalue his hard work. Smiley

Lord_Driftalot:

Let's agree to disagree 😉

Please remember how many times Lewis had this season bad luck in the races and mostly George was taking profit out of it!

I do acknowledge George's great qualifying pace but again even if you remember the qualifying in Monaco Lewis was robbed from his to be best lap due to Sergios accident at the end of the session and Lewis got (like others as well red flagged).

However let's wait and see how this season will evolve, I still believe Lewis is the man to beat as long as his race craft is way superior to others (being very fast and at the same time cosy to the tires) 🤩

He isn't the man to beat anymore. He was. But his expiration date as a race car driver is fast coming up. One reason Mercedes signed Russell to be the successor. Russell may not have the experience to develop parts, but he certain has the skill set to maximize a race car's potential, probably top of the chart for the current crop of 20 F1 drivers. 

There will always be luck involved in racing. See how Verstappen won WDC last year? He got lucky with some creative and incorrect decisions on the last race. Did you watch Le Mans earlier today? The class leading Corvette was unlucky. Also at Le Mans earlier, the GTE-Am winning Aston got lucky with the safety car and gained 1/3 of a lap on the Weathertech 911RSR out of nowhere.

This season is a wash for Mercedes. They can't catch Red Bull, neither Hamilton or Russell will be in contention for the WDC. If Ferrari reliability doesn't improve, they 'might' slot into the #2 spot for the all important Constructor Championship. That spot isn't out of reach, if they can improve the car. 

--

Classic the wanker announcer when Chuck blows up:  "that changes the complexion of this race"  Although Max was already coming on him, but classic.

So sad for Chuck....broken heart

The Next Generation

Sunday-at-Azerbaijan-GPXPB_1151950_HiRes.jpeg

watt:

The Next Generation

Sunday-at-Azerbaijan-GPXPB_1151950_HiRes.jpeg

The CURRENT generation. They have arrived. 

and you missed Leclerc and Norris. 

--

I was going to say the same thing, their generation is now already, Rus, Ves, Lec, etc are the top drivers now in the grid ahead of the older drivers

Carlos from Spain:

I was going to say the same thing, their generation is now already, Rus, Ves, Lec, etc are the top drivers now in the grid ahead of the older drivers

+1

--

There is no try. Just do.

We had seen a decade if not 2 of Hamilton, Alonso and Vettel. 

The next decade will be for Verstappen, Russell, Leclerc, Norris, Gasly, Albon. Perhaps Ocon and even Sainz.

Best thing is, pretty much every team has one of those young guns as a primary driver, so if the plan for more parity goes according to plan, each of those teams will have a chance to win every season, if not every week.

We might even see the parity thing happening later this season, if Red Bull runs out of budget and can't finish the season, that opens the door wide open for Leclerc. And if Ferrari also runs out of budget, maybe it could be Russell. And if Mercedes also have the same problem, Norris is up next. 

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    803487 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448631 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    266213 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90115 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6662 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885872 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    833493 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM