Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 996 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Another video from the Nuerburgring....

...but this time I had the opportunity to drive on the two tracks (F1 circuit + Nordschleife) togheter!

26km of excitement...really the paradise for every driver!

http://www.maxige.com/video/ringpasqua.wmv (68Mb, please right click and save as)

P.S. We were going slow on the F1 circuit...I tried to go faster but after that I had problems with my tyres (this time Continental CSC2 and not Corsas) on the Nordschleife...and is not that good!!

Re: Another video from the Nuerburgring....

have you been at the scuderia hanseat training?

Unfortunately not...I don't speak German and for what I know, there isn't anything in english with the "Scuderia".

Cheers,
    Max

uh, exiting video! -- thanks a lot for sharing!

nice oversteering. and i thought "why isn't he overtaking this exige?"... but then you did.

btw: movie quality is excellent, very calm camera, not shaky at all. how did you mount it?

Quote:
    zzboba said:
    nice oversteering. and i thought "why isn't he overtaking this exige?"... but then you did.

I let Max tell you how fast that Exige is... The guy in the Exige has very good driving skills too.

I think that's the best driver's view track video I've ever seen. Because the camera is mounted fairly low, providing a close approximation to driver's actual view, it's easy to appreciate the speeds involved.

Very nice. What car is it?

Great video, very fun to watch! thanks for sharing

... careful when overtaking the bikers though, I though you were going to hit that one in the carousel!

Max,

I thought they'd banned all rolling cameras and videos at the Ring nowadays. You haven't been a noughty boy, have you?!! :-)

Downloadingyour vid right now. Hoping to make it to the Ring sometime this season with my 996 C4. Used to ride motorcycles down there a lot before, but now I haven't been there for maybe ten years...

Max - Respect ! That's a great video. You and your GT3 seem to master the whole lot over there on the Ring.

I would be interested to know what problems you experienced with the tires?

Forza!

Max, another great video, looks like those conti's are done. I just did a track day at Watkin's Glen, I have a nice video of me( with my new bypass pipes) dueling it out with a modified m3. I'll try and post it later.
    Cheers
    Chris

Wow, Max, great video.

Were your tires causing the oversteer, or do you have the car set up to be "loose"? Have you made any changes to the set-up that was delivered from the factory?

From the look of things, I would be more comfortable in your car if it were to "push" a little more

sorry MaxT i forgot to give a comment about your video, which was really great! You really drove very agressive!
    About the scuderia i'm quite sure they have an english speakin group too, because i was in an "almost swedish only" group so the instructor had to translate in english or german

Thanks guys!!

I didn't experienced many problems with the Conti's, but after more than 20Km of track, it's quite normal that a "street tire" starts to overheat!

But, except this, the conti's are perfect tyres for winter track use (I made the video this easter)!

zzboba, I used a clamp made by Manfrotto mounted to the roll cage! I will post a photo for you later!

Carlos, You are absolutely right...it's so dangerous to drive at the same time with bikes!!

BjornH, the video ban at the Ring is still there...but I think it's a very stupid law, so I've been a naughty boy!!

How to make a good on-board video

Here the stuff used to make the video:

You can use this system if you have a roll bar or something strong and very stable on you car.

My system is composed by:

Super Clamp

http://www.manfrotto.com/product/templates/itemalone.php3?itemid=344

Head with quick release

http://www.manfrotto.com/product/templates/itemalone.php3?itemid=308

Plate for the video camera

http://www.manfrotto.com/product/templates/templates.php3?sectionid=97&itemid=614

Extension adapter (allows you to find a better position for the videocamera)

http://www.manfrotto.com/product/templates/templates.php3?sectionid=223&itemid=72

If you don't have a roll bar you can use this:

and you have to add the extension adapter and the head with the plate (like in my system)

You can find and order everything here:
    www.manfrotto.com

Hope it will be usefull!

Cheers,
    Max T.

Re: How to make a good on-board video

Excellent video !!

Please watch out for motorcyclists turning in !! It looks like you cut up his line

Uau!!! Max: Excellent video but specially excellent driving you must have dozens of lap to N-ring! If not you are gifted, believe me! I'm an racing driver and I know a good driver when I see one, I'm not saying this for the understeering which althought dangerous with such short run-outs. If you're not into racing you should. Until then enjoy yourself and by the way, use gloves, you'll feel more confident.

VERY NICE. respect.

Quote:
    Kiko said:
    Uau!!! Max: Excellent video but specially excellent driving you must have dozens of lap to N-ring! If not you are gifted, believe me! I'm an racing driver and I know a good driver when I see one, I'm not saying this for the understeering which althought dangerous with such short run-outs. If you're not into racing you should. Until then enjoy yourself and by the way, use gloves, you'll feel more confident.

I'm not at all an expert in this but one thing that puzzled me is that Max seems to lift hands from the steering wheel on a few occasions I wouldn't dear letting loose in those conditions... Yet it's amazing how the steering wheel seems to get itself naturally back into position.

I must say I found Max's video on the SPA Francorchamps track much cleaner. Maybe it has to do with the tyres the GT3 was on.

The reason why the front axle has a Caster angle is to help the wheels return to straight position after turning and this can be used to help pointing the wheels in the right direction in an oversteering situation. That said, in anj unnexpected and sudden O.S. situation if you let the steering slip throught your for hands for a split second it will actually correct the O.S. by the exact amount and faster but after that you have to grab it and straighten the wheels. This is one of the reasons I told Max to use gloves, its safer and you'll feel very confident!

One of the best videos I have ever seen. I thought you were a goner on that last O.S fishtail! Whew~~~~~~~~~~

Quote:
    Kiko said:
    The reason why the front axle has a Caster angle is to help the wheels return to straight position after turning and this can be used to help pointing the wheels in the right direction in an oversteering situation. That said, in anj unnexpected and sudden O.S. situation if you let the steering slip throught your for hands for a split second it will actually correct the O.S. by the exact amount and faster but after that you have to grab it and straighten the wheels. This is one of the reasons I told Max to use gloves, its safer and you'll feel very confident!

Anymore tips

Thanks a lot Kiko!

I wouldn't be able to give a better explanation to Dr. Carrera's question!

Cheers,
    Max T.

Does anyone know where that is in the website? I can't find it anywhere. Thanks!

Ciao Max, you should do the Zakspeed school, I did it a few years ago and they speak English. Or you can do an RMA track day. I though you were going to loose it towards the end, nice save. When did you shot this? I was surprised you were able to do the complete 24-hour circuit and not just the Nordschleife.

Great video Max! You obviously were enjoying yourself.

Stephen

Very cool video! Thanks for sharing!
    As Carlos said I thought you were going to take out that bike around the bend.
    Next time you should also mount a rear camera to see the reactions of some of those you passed.

What kind of keychain are you using? Is that a stuffed animal?

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    777658 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441875 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262852 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261070 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85333 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5620 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880733 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    816180 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM