Crown

Board: Lamborghini Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Lamborghini Huracan and variants

RC, one advantage of white is that you are less likely to get tired of the color if you plan to keep the car for a long time.  It's like a beautiful woman, you'll never tire looking at her.  Green is like more obvious and instantly appealing, just like a sexy woman, but it may also be slightly trashy and some days it won't be your favorite.

Just my perspective. :D  That said, one of my favorite Porsche colors is "RS green", though that color has a bit more softness / pastelle qualities than the newer shades of bright green coming out today.

Van-:

Still would like to hear your reports after driving both.  As I have heard that Lamborgini is downplaying somewhat the capability of the Evo so as to not disappoint new Performante buyers like yourself, even as regards to reported Ring times.

Like I said before, I had contact with people who have driven the car in Bahrain and also talked to Lamborghini test drivers and engineers there. The Evo is the successor of the Huracan, not the Performante. ALA is far more superior than many people would believe and the Evo is heavier (almost everything is standard) than the Performante. The gearbox is less aggressive (programming) in Corsa mode for comfort reasons (the Performante gearbox is making a thousand noises, hissing, etc., not pretty if you don't like this stuff), also the exhaust system is different (and a couple of kg heavier). The rumored Ring time (with a factory driver) for the Evo is "slightly" over 7 minutes (which could mean 7:01 or 7:02), in Nardo however, the Evo is a tiny bit faster than the Performante (according to a test driver) because ALA keeps the car slightly in downforce mode.

I don't understand if Nardo doesn't have straights, thus has mostly curves, and the Evo beats the Performante on the Nardo,  Why isn't then the Evo better in the curves ?     The ALA I think would work best in fast sweeping curves where the speed is high enough ( like the Ring ) so that the 'torque' biased downforce can actually come into play.  Guessing here, that speeds around 60-70 mph the ALA has little effect.  

Again, the Evo is not really better in curves, the curves in Nardo are very very wide, so you can drive very fast. The Evo doesn't produce the downforce the Performante is producing in curves. You also seem to forget that the Performante doesn't only have ALA but also a completely different track optimized chassis and steering. The Evo is mainly a road car, again...the successor of the normal Huracan, not the Performante. The successor of the Performante is going to be available in around two years (again, according to a Lamborghini employee in Bahrain) and (thank god) it won't be called Performante. German AutoBILD Sportscars claims it will be named Huracan Evo SV but I find it strange that Lamborghini would bring the SV over from the Aventador. You never know though... Last name I heard was Super Trofeo (derived from the current Huracan Super Trofeo Evo race car) but... Smiley

I really looked very closely into the Evo because at some point, I wasn't sure if I should stick with my Performante order or not but everyone who has driven the Evo or has had contact to Lamborghini test-drivers/engineers and talked to them about the Evo, clearly told me: Stick to the Performante. It may not be much faster than the Evo but it is a special edition Lamborghini and no other new Lamborghini will have the same sound and race car feel in the future. Those noises produced in Corsa mode are just sensational and I'm not talking about the exhaust sound only.

Of course I cannot exclude that an Evo could do a narrow slalom 1 or 2 km faster than the Performante, due to the rear axle steering but in general, the Performante will be faster on any track.

Maybe your spirited mountain driving with your buddies in Germany are in big sweeping mountain areas where speeds are approaching 100 mph?  Mine here in northern Ca. are with speed limits really never above 55 mph.   And thus you play with the risk of an approaching log truck, deer, and bicyclist, and sometimes all at once.

The speed limit on most pass roads is 100 kph, sometimes a bit lower. It is not uncommon to pass the speed limit by 10-20 kph without any major repercussions (Germany/Austria/Italy...Switzerland is a different story). It can happen on some straights that you are faster than 100 kph but in those curves...well...100 kph can be a lot and more than enough to have fun. 

Italy is most fun because people are a bit more open minded when they see a group of fast cars, same goes to the police/authorities. However, if you drive like an ass, putting others in danger, you're done, Italian police is tolerant up to some point but there are still rules out there and they can confiscate the car on the spot if you seriously piss them off.

Or let me give you a different example: Sometimes, when this is an organized event of some sort, we have two motorcycles (once even Italian police!) or a car driving ahead of the "convoy" and "clearing" the road. Every car has a radio, so we know what is happening on the road, ahead of us. These organized events are often on specific roads, the risk is minimal and local authorities actually know about it, as weird as this may sound. As long as you don't harm third parties, they don't care if you kill yourself Smiley (which of course never happens because the fastest and at the same time the most prudent driver, usually a pro, is driving first and knows when to keep his tail at a slower pace). The secret to these events is to choose drivers you know well. Mostly friends or a bunch of people I know for years and I know how they drive. Most of them are over 40, lots of experience, two pro drivers among them (one even a former formula 1 driver Smiley), very prudent people, no-one drives with a knife between the teeth. We once had a new guy who was sent home after only two hours of driving, he put everyone at risk, didn't keep the distance, behaved like an ass. He had a beautiful young girlfriend with him, probably the reason for this behavior but idiotic. No need for people like that, we are friends doing some spirited fun driving, not competing against each other. Smiley 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

vantagesc:

RC, one advantage of white is that you are less likely to get tired of the color if you plan to keep the car for a long time.  It's like a beautiful woman, you'll never tire looking at her.  Green is like more obvious and instantly appealing, just like a sexy woman, but it may also be slightly trashy and some days it won't be your favorite.

Smiley Good one but I really think that a car like the Performante deserves a special color. We'll see...

Right now, I will only PPF the car for now and if I start to hate white, I can do something about it.

Just my perspective. :D  That said, one of my favorite Porsche colors is "RS green", though that color has a bit more softness / pastelle qualities than the newer shades of bright green coming out today.

The Performante is really a special car for me, a dream come true, never thought I'm going to get a Lamborghini, so I really wanted a very special color but I care about the driving most, so... Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

Finally...the Huracan Evo Spyder has surfaced...available in Germany starting Spring 2019, same technical data as the Coupe. Price in Germany is around 240k EUR incl. 19% VAT.

899f3503-lamborghini-huracan-evo-spyder-0.jpg
    lamborghini-huracan-evo-spyder-2019-538074.jpg
    lamborghini-huracan-evo-spyder-2019-538085.jpg
    huracan-evo-spyder-01.jpg

--

Lamborghini did a great job with the Huracán.

I passed a Huracan Spyder on Saturday that was travelling towards me with the roof down. Both the driver and the passenger's heads were visible above the screen header rail which just looked all wrong. The Gallardo Spyder was much better in that regard aesthetically.

ISUK:

I passed a Huracan Spyder on Saturday that was travelling towards me with the roof down. Both the driver and the passenger's heads were visible above the screen header rail which just looked all wrong. The Gallardo Spyder was much better in that regard aesthetically.

Well, Ferrari is not better in this respect... Smiley

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

The Spyder looks better than the coupe. The windshield is too rakish and I can imagine how silly occupants would look in the car with the top down. That said, with the top down the car is stunning visually especially in the green.

--

Stress is man made.

These ultra high performance cars really only make sense as convertibles. The performance is the same when driven on the street but the enjoyment is much greater.

SciFrog:

These ultra high performance cars really only make sense as convertibles. The performance is the same when driven on the street but the enjoyment is much greater.

@SciFrog are you @noone is disguise SmileySmiley.

crayphile:
    SciFrog:

Felt the same way about SciFrog; however, that moniker coexisted with noone.  

CGX car nut:
    crayphile:
    SciFrog:

He's been around much longer, and has never been as disrespectful as noone was. 

Enmanuel:
    CGX car nut:
    crayphile:
    SciFrog:

Concur and thought one pointed that out in the above posting..

RC:

Finally...the Huracan Evo Spyder has surfaced...available in Germany starting Spring 2019, same technical data as the Coupe. Price in Germany is around 240k EUR incl. 19% VAT.

899f3503-lamborghini-huracan-evo-spyder-0.jpg
    lamborghini-huracan-evo-spyder-2019-538074.jpg
    lamborghini-huracan-evo-spyder-2019-538085.jpg
    huracan-evo-spyder-01.jpg

--

Price in the US starts at $287,000. Not often a car is more expensive in the US than Europe.

--

Stress is man made.

Pricing to promote a larger spread from the Audi R8 and Lamborghini.  A R8 Spider will set one back $250,000.  

Even in a Lambo thread, the rav4 boy is haunting and now fetichist see him in the only other French man on board. smiley

call back noone1, don’t be shy. indecision

scifrog was always a good supporter of the boy.

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual, 991 GT3 2014(sold)

Cayenne GTS 2014

With a quieter exhaust it's a win/win, which could lead us back to why going all electric is the future of supercars smiley

SciFrog:

I beg to differ when it comes to the Huracan Spyder (in my case: Performante):

1. No engine visible (I love that you can see the engine through the transparent engine bonnet) 

2. Too loud when driving open (drive a Huracan Performante Spyder and you'll understand and this comes from someone who really likes loud cars), I drive the car in Corsa mode only all the time and you cannot turn off the exhaust. It is brutal...really brutal, the Coupe makes it perfect with the windows cracked open. Still a bit on the loud side, crushing your brain but in a more pleasant way. Smiley

3. The chassis is a bit on the softer side on tight turns, not sure if Lamborghini chose to set up the chassis a bit differently but there is a small difference. Could also be related to torsion, no clue. Could also be related to the higher weight.

4. Much more expensive (around 30k with similar options).

5. There is more storage room (easily two larger carry-on trolleys) behind the seats in the Coupe.

--

What do you guys think? I was planning on using a colored paint protection film for my car but I just can't decide on the color and I don't want it to look like a "tuned" car, so maybe this (stripe) is the better solution? As far as I know, this particular car had this done at the factory through the Ad Personam program but I can retrofit this with my PPF installer.

$_57-23.jpg

$_20-4.jpg

--

I like it. Somehow goes well with this kind of car Smiley

Looks good. Reminds me of a Centanario that had the same scheme and looked spectacular.

kiss

Thank you guys...I just want to bring some color to the car... 

--

you are not Italian, right ? Just saying, I like the size / content  of this stripe layout but would choose other colors ( I understand that it IS an Italian car, still ...) 

if you really want to, then maybe some ghost stripes in grey...very very subtle and barely noticeable.

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

CGX car nut:
    Enmanuel:
    CGX car nut:
    crayphile:
    SciFrog:

Concur and thought one pointed that out in the above posting..

This is a forum to express opinions. We do not have to agree, on the contrary. If everyone thought the same, there would be no reason to come to this site.

That’s the part I am missing about Noone (or political discussions), to read other opinions even if they differ with mine, and Noone had some interesting ones. But it needs to be done in a respectful way.

Looks really good.

I like it. It adds dimension to the all white.kiss

--

Stress is man made.

I second the ghost silver.

If your name were Cristoforo, the green and red would work...

nberry:

I like it. It adds dimension to the all white.kiss

Totally agree.  Still, an all white Lamborghini does have a tendency to highlight various lines, curves, and crevices that remain hidden with some darker colors.  That's the most fascinating thing about Lamborghinis: different exterior colors tend to accentuate different details on the cars.  

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    805698 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    449102 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    266732 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90295 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6949 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

886687 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    835381 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM