Crown

Board: Lamborghini Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Huracan Evo (2019 Facelift)

Lars997:

I can't watch Shmees videos anymore. It is just annoying. 

The car is delicious!

I know... Smiley

The car is amazing for a facelift.

A good acquaintance of mine was there during the presentation (found out afterwards that he was invited, a car collector...) and says that the Evo sounds amazing, basically like the Performante in loudness but with a less "metallic" sound. Speed on the track is also very close to Performante he claimed, the car is idiot proof (his words). He was surprised how Lamborghini managed, again, to get this sound through certification. 

Now the biggest surprise: The Huracan Evo has no particulate filter. Nada. Zilch. Smiley I don't have a clue how, why or whatever but Lamborghini managed to keep the car "clean" without it. The R8 facelift has a particulate filter and 20 hp less...and a ton of issues (the reason the configurator isn't up and you can't order it yet), I don't get it. Smiley

The new sport bucket seats also look amazing (I've seen pics) but apparently there are still in development. I was right, they build/mount this particular seat "lower", so tall people fit in better, including a helmet.

As I heard before, first cars will be at German dealers in May...production already started though.

The manager of my dealership is also in Bahrain but I haven't heard back from him yet. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

Shmee’s enthusiasm and knowledge of cars is very evident. Couple that with his command of the English language, you have a Utube star. 

Btw, I don’t think much of the Evo. It looks like a smashed bug.

--

Stress is man made.

nberry:

Shmee’s enthusiasm and knowledge of cars is very evident. Couple that with his command of the English language, you have a Utube star. 

--

Stress is man made.

His knowledge is based on the sales brochure he gets to read before he does his videos. He doesn't offer any real insight informations or clues, not even stuff owners would appreciate (with a few exceptions). Enthusiast? Yes, he is very enthusiastic about collecting valuable cars.

The only thing I admire him for is how he created a small business "empire" out of his YouTube channel and how well he hides it most of the time. Just as a hint: He has several(!) employees, a professional camera man, etc.. Smiley In his videos however, he gives the impression he does everything alone. Very clever. Other YouTubers do the same but at least you can often see their camera man and they treat him as a human being. Smiley

His contacts to the car industry are managed by his manager and a few people he met along the way, this is why he got access to some very special stuff, like for example watching the production of his GT3...which we aren't even sure it is/was really his car (it had Frankfurt license plates). 

In the beginning, I liked him because I really thought he is another enthusiast, you don't have to win a beauty pageant to win my sympathy but lately, his true face came out in the open and I realized that he is a clever business man and entrepreneur. Not the car enthusiast I imagined. Nothing wrong with that but I don't have to watch him constantly.Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

RC:
    nberry:

--

Stress is man made.

His knowledge is based on the sales brochure he gets to read before he does his videos. He doesn't offer any real insight informations or clues, not even stuff owners would appreciate (with a few exceptions). Enthusiast? Yes, he is very enthusiastic about collecting valuable cars.

The only thing I admire him for is how he created a small business "empire" out of his YouTube channel and how well he hides it most of the time. Just as a hint: He has several(!) employees, a professional camera man, etc.. Smiley In his videos however, he gives the impression he does everything alone. Very clever. Other YouTubers do the same but at least you can often see their camera man and they treat him as a human being. Smiley

His contacts to the car industry are managed by his manager and a few people he met along the way, this is why he got access to some very special stuff, like for example watching the production of his GT3...which we aren't even sure it is/was really his car (it had Frankfurt license plates). 

In the beginning, I liked him because I really thought he is another enthusiast, you don't have to win a beauty pageant to win my sympathy but lately, his true face came out in the open and I realized that he is a clever business man and entrepreneur. Not the car enthusiast I imagined. Nothing wrong with that but I don't have to watch him constantly.Smiley

Christian, his reviews focus on the car attributes (which he is very good at) and not road performance.  He leaves that to the expert drivers. I think many of you are being too hard on him. Envy can do that to people.Smiley

--

Stress is man made.

RC:

Now the biggest surprise: The Huracan Evo has no particulate filter. Nada. Zilch. Smiley I don't have a clue how, why or whatever but Lamborghini managed to keep the car "clean" without it. The R8 facelift has a particulate filter and 20 hp less...and a ton of issues (the reason the configurator isn't up and you can't order it yet), I don't get it. Smiley

Interesting rumour I heard: apparently the cars in Bahrain were pre-launch press cars without particulate filters, hence the fantastic sound. But all customer cars for Europe will get a PF. Smiley

And another rumour says, that all future cars will be homologated on CORSA mode, instead of STRADA like before. Smiley

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Rossi:
    RC:

Interesting rumour I heard: apparently the cars in Bahrain were pre-launch press cars without particulate filters, hence the fantastic sound. But all customer cars for Europe will get a PF. Smiley

And another rumour says, that all future cars will be homologated on CORSA mode, instead of STRADA like before. Smiley

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Quite possible that there will be an EU variant with the particulate filter and a RoW variant without, since it isn't required in other markets.  That means we will be able to revel in the sonorous arias of that V10 while everyone in the EU is reduced to straining to hear the mute.   

No particulate filter for EU cars...this is final!

--

Nick, why would I envy Shmee? Are you joking? Smiley 

Btw: Here is the man "behind" him and now we know how he did it. Interesting but not surprising at all.

https://youtu.be/iA32sFYBANw

Also, I wasn't asking for Shmee posting performance tests but an honest opinion. The positives and the negatives, like the person who sent me an excellent resumee of the Evo he drove in Bahrain, incl. some technical specs like the lack of a particulate filter! Why didn't Shmee mention it? 

--

What is the reason?  Low production volume exception?  Doubtful that that engine is super clean.  

RC:

No particulate filter for EU cars...this is final!

How is this possible?!?

--

AMG GTR / Lotus Exige Cup 430 Type 25 / 991.1 GT3 RS / Cayman GT4 / 997.2 GT3 RS 3.8 / 997.2 GT3 / Lotus Exige S / 964 Turbo 3.3

Huracan has both direct and indirect injection. Particulate emissions are only connected to direct injection. They might have fine tuned the ignition process to use only indirect injection in revs where particulate emissions are produced (especially lower revs).

A friend car journalist was there as well and also claims no filter for EVO.

A Schmee video is not different that what the sales person will tell you when you inquire about the car, he goes over the specs, the options, fun facts, etc and always under a positive corporate non critical light. That is why manufacturers love him, he makes them good publicity like a salesman, and he gets access to all the cars for his channel. To me that is useless, and also the way he talks he just gets on your nerves. No animosity against him, hope the best for him, but annoying to watch and a waste of time.

And the fact that he is more a poseur than a real petrolhead interested in driving dinamics and using sportscar for what they are made for, driving on mountain roads and track, etc doesn't help the petrolhead crowd here empathize and connect with him, rather the opposite, and part of why he is annoying imo. It is like watching and overexited teenager without a driving licence talking about a sportscar he likes.

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

Carlos from Spain:

A Schmee video is not different that what the sales person will tell you when you inquire about the car, he goes over the specs, the options, fun facts, etc and always under a positive corporate non critical light. That is why manufacturers love him, he makes them good publicity like a salesman, and he gets access to all the cars for his channel. To me that is useless, and also the way he talks he just gets on your nerves. No animosity against him, hope the best for him, but annoying to watch and a waste of time.

And the fact that he is more a poseur than a real petrolhead interested in driving dinamics and using sportscar for what they are made for, driving on mountain roads and track, etc doesn't help the petrolhead crowd here empathize and connect with him, rather the opposite, and part of why he is annoying imo. It is like watching and overexited teenager without a driving licence talking about a sportscar he likes.

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

You nailed it, Carlos. 👍😎

--

Teenager without a license. Perfect description. 

mv:

Huracan has both direct and indirect injection. Particulate emissions are only connected to direct injection. They might have fine tuned the ignition process to use only indirect injection in revs where particulate emissions are produced (especially lower revs).

Why does Audi with essentially the same motor have particulate filters on the R8?  Lamborghini isn’t alone in the group for using both direct and indirect fuel injection systems yet the other cars use a filter.  

nberry:

Christian, his reviews focus on the car attributes (which he is very good at) and not road performance.  He leaves that to the expert drivers. I think many of you are being too hard on him. Envy can do that to people.Smiley

Click on play and it will start at 17:04  Smiley

No filter for Evo as Lamborghini, beside beeing part of the Volkswagen group is still considered as a „small“ manufactur, under 10‘000 cars an year, same as Mclaren, Ferrari etc. Small manufactures (below 10 000 units a year) have time till 2021 to full fill euro 6d, (they can produce till 2021 Euro 6c emission cars) where the others, like Porsche etc have allready now to deal with the norm euro6d. Means that the Eu gives the small car manufactures a period of „grace“ to cop with the strong reglementation and to use the apprporiate OPF (Otto particel filter)
    https://www.opf-filter.de/euro6c-abgasnorm/

Not sure but is the 812 superfast, 488 Gtb/ Pista / Aventador SVJ etc sitll produced and all with out filters.

The planet stuff is just an emergency for those who are BIG with deep pockets. Actual ties to VW of Fiat don’t count.  Handy how this works. 😎

Mcracing1:

No filter for Evo as Lamborghini, beside beeing part of the Volkswagen group is still considered as a „small“ manufactur, under 10‘000 cars an year, same as Mclaren, Ferrari etc. Small manufactures (below 10 000 units a year) have time till 2021 to full fill euro 6d, (they can produce till 2021 Euro 6c emission cars) where the others, like Porsche etc have allready now to deal with the norm euro6d. Means that the Eu gives the small car manufactures a period of „grace“ to cop with the strong reglementation and to use the apprporiate OPF (Otto particel filter)

Not sure but is the 812 superfast, 488 Gtb/ Pista / Aventador SVJ etc sitll produced and all with out filters.

This is exactly what one suspected and the reason why Lamborghini announced a few days ago that it is capping production at 8,000 units.  When the fourth model is added, its production level will definitely be less than 2,000 units/annum.  

I wonder if this could mean that we will see the 2nd production batch of the 991.2 GT3 RS without partical filter?...

--

AMG GTR / Lotus Exige Cup 430 Type 25 / 991.1 GT3 RS / Cayman GT4 / 997.2 GT3 RS 3.8 / 997.2 GT3 / Lotus Exige S / 964 Turbo 3.3

CGX car nut:
    mv:

Why does Audi with essentially the same motor have particulate filters on the R8?  Lamborghini isn’t alone in the group for using both direct and indirect fuel injection systems yet the other cars use a filter.  

I tried over the weekend to find out but couldn't find anything...

Actually, I asked an Audi Sport guy I once met at an event and he wasn't aware that the new Evo has no particulate filter, he was quite surprised.

--

Mcracing1:

The problem is that I heard that the exceptions for small manufacturers (under 10000 or 7000 cars, not sure) have been scratched a while ago and the only way around the new rules is to actually certify every single car separately to make this possible. I doubt that Lamborghini would do that, not even sure this is possible or even legal with so many cars.

Could you point me into a direction (internet link, article, whatever) where I can learn about the exceptions still in place? I am very very curious because I cannot find anything on the internet. 

--

CGX car nut:
    Mcracing1:

This is exactly what one suspected and the reason why Lamborghini announced a few days ago that it is capping production at 8,000 units.  When the fourth model is added, its production level will definitely be less than 2,000 units/annum.  

Wouldn't it make more sense to cap production at 9999 units then? Smiley

Lamborghini sold 5750 cars in 2018, I doubt that they can raise production further to 8000 cars that fast. The capacity at Sant'Agata Bolognese is limited, even if the Huracan Evo will be "pre-assembled" in Germany at Audi Sport.

Actually, my dealer told me that they are getting much more Huracan Evo this year than any other time in Huracan history (per year), so Lamborghini is pushing sales numbers.

--

Here is the article claiming a hard production cap of 8000 for 2020.

CGX car nut:

Here is the article claiming a hard production cap of 8000 for 2020.

I know what Domenicali said but right now, they produce under 6000 cars and they already had a record run last year, so... Smiley The SVJ sells pretty well, no doubt and the Evo may be in high demand as well (and they also plan to build lots of Evo as far as I heard) but in this price class (Evo), the competition is huge and in Germany for example, the Evo basically competes with the 600LT and even 720S, also the 488 GTB (facelift is coming...) and other cars, 992 Turbo S is very likely coming too next year, so not easy for Lamborghini I'm afraid. Smiley

--

For some reason, one does not see the posted link, so reposting: https://www.caradvice.com.au/719515/lamborghini-boss-caps-production-at-8000-units-for-2020/

The Company must have the Urus marked for success.  

CGX car nut:

For some reason, one does not see the posted link, so reposting: https://www.caradvice.com.au/719515/lamborghini-boss-caps-production-at-8000-units-for-2020/

The Company must have the Urus marked for success.  

The Urus is an amazing SUV but the price is ridiculous. 

Not sure how many they sell in Europe but I guess their main market(s) is more the Middle East and the US/Canada.

The new Huracan Evo is a huge upgrade from the Huracan, amazing facelift (compared to other brand's facelifts), almost a Performante but the price increase (17k EUR) and the current and upcoming new competition are not easy for Lamborghini to beat.

There are people who are easily impressed by numbers only, not caring much about the emotional part. So the n/a V10 engine may be a nice sales argument but there are many buyers out there who just don't care. The 720S is in a similar price range in Germany, same goes to the 488 GTB, the 600LT and others, not easy for Lamborghini.

The fourth model? A GT as far as I heard. Front engine, AWD maybe (not sure). Very likely sharing the platform with other cars in the VW Group. The success wouldn't be guaranteed though, new car and all.

I think Domenicali hat to set a cap for marketing reasons, it hurts a brand like Lamborghini if they make too many cars. 

Lamborghini sales figures increased 2018 by 51% vs 2017, so go figure...

Actually, I think that Lamborghini might pass the 8000 mark this year (2019), especially because of the Evo (if it is as successful as Lamborghini hopes it to be and if dealers get the number of cars they have been promised...or better said "announced" Smiley) but I do not think that this production increase will go on forever, especially if there is going to be another economic crisis worldwide .

Bottom line is: Lamborghini needs a cap to keep the brand somewhat exclusive but I don't think it has something to do with EU emissions laws or whatever.

--

RC:
    nberry:

--

Stress is man made.

He actually posts regularly on pistonheads. He doesn't hide his team (everybody works part time for him) but he doesn't make them the focus of the video. He also claims that's lots of rich people consult him before buying expensive cars.

His financials are vague though. There is no way his youtube earnings can support the current fleet of cars that he owns. Lots of financing involved (he has explained that) but still. He also maintains a flat in London (and many parking spots)and another one in Frankfurt. Only for the flat in London and the parking spots I am sure he pays 4000+ GBP a month.

I like some of his videos. His strength is rather simple. He is producing a video a day. That's about it. His flooding the internet with uploads. As a comparison Doug De Muro is far more successful as a youtuber and not a poser at all.

RC did you decide to do the factory pickup for your Performante?  

--

2017 Range Rover Sport S/C,  2009 Porsche 911S

4trac:

RC did you decide to do the factory pickup for your Performante?  

This isn't up to me I'm afraid. Factory pickup is an extremely delicate matter with Lamborghini, not easy (unless you want to pay big bucks). My dealer tries based on my press accredetation but even this might not help in the end. We'll see...

I've been invited to the Geneva Evo presentation as a VIP guest (I assume this happens to all Lamborghini customers who order a new car?) but so far, no word on the factory pickup. My car is planned for a production in April, so there is still time. I wouldn't be able to pick up the car before May anyway, so maybe this opens a wider window for factory pickup.

Also, I'm not really sure I will do the factory pickup, as much as I would love to do it. The reason? My kids. My son has school, so it is very unlikely he can join me when I pick up the car. If I pick the car up with my daughter, my son will get mad. Difficult. Best thing would have been to pick it up with my wife, so the kids cannot be mad at each other but my wife has no interest whatsoever to pick the car up in Italy. Of course I could pick it up alone or invite a friend to join me but then, the kids would be mad at me as well. Tricky. Smiley

We'll see...there is still time. I think this is a very unique opportunity if the dealer can make this happen, it would be very sad to pass on it.

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    803363 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448612 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    266183 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90093 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6643 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885802 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    833422 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM