Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Whats the most beautiful car on sale today?

Yes, the GranTurismo and the Vanquish, both gorgeous.
    I still can't understand why they don't produce the Vanquish anymore. ISUK your GT is a beauty

I voted for the V8 Vantage. However, on another note I got a call today from my local AM dealership. If you are a current Porsche owner, they will introduce an incentive for you to change and order a new 2009 V8 Vantage. This incentive comes in the form of giving you Pounds7,500 towards the deal!!!

Jesus...lol

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    easy_rider911 said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Where's Pagani?

In a container on its way to you?

Haha

Pagani is without a doubt the MOST gorgeous car being made.

and come on Mike !! we know your getting it sooner or later

And this one?
    My humble daily driver...An Audi A5 3.0tdi, not exotic but the design is quite equilibrated IMHO.

Lambos>DBS>MaserGT

Quote:
    beltar said:
    And this one?
    My humble daily driver...An Audi A5 3.0tdi, not exotic but the design is quite equilibrated IMHO.

i agree beltar... it does have a very well balanced design.

the problem with the Audi R8 or Audis in genral IMO they get old and outdated fast look at 997 it got the FL and still the MKI looks like a new fresh model look at gallardo , F430 and vantage V8 they all look like new models not 2-4 years old cars .
    i love Audi just look at the R8 and that amazing A5 awesome design , but if i own one of these cars or see them on the street i guarantee you they will look outdated in just a month or so .

I am biased since I am R8 owner but, I also had F430 Spider and honestly it looks dated and old to my eyes...

BUT, dicussion about personal taste in design is generally not very clever thing...

What? no GT-R on the poll list?

I'm torn between the GT2/GT3RS and the GrandTurismo

kreso,

Congrats!!! I had no idea you picked up your R8. Did I miss the thread?

Quote:
    beltar said:
    And this one?

Beltar, you seem to have similar taste to myself , save for the fact that I'm sticking with 18s and I prefer belgian front plates to be smaller .

That audi is very good looking, not on the same level as sports/exotic, but nice. Does it have the V6? If so how does it go?

Anyone on here ever drive an S6 or A8-W12?

Quote:
    racerx said:
    That audi is very good looking, not on the same level as sports/exotic, but nice. Does it have the V6? If so how does it go?

MKSGR had the W12 (SWB), so you should ask him about that. As for the A5s, ours both have the V6 TDI engine. Goes well too. Beat a 350Z on the highway and stayed door to door with the E92 335d. All runs from approx. 100 to 250 km/h.

nothing comes close to an lp640 design imo..

Quote:
    racerx said:

Yes it has, 240 bhp and 500nm torque.(later on 300//625)
    I have to say this is the first daily car that gives me a lot of fun to drive, it's not like the 997 ,but it's fun to play with the torque and the grip is fantastic too. You can step on it whenever you want...i adore it!

For me, the best judge of beauty is time - accompanied by a truly individualistic and instantly recognisable form factor.
    At the risk of pi55ing on some people's tyres here, I'd have to say that half the cars on this list would not look good 20yrs down the road (with the exception of a 911 which looks timeless on the virtue that Porsche has a moss-like pace in design evolution ). And a couple of names listed (not mentioning any in particular ), are a bit "gimmicky" in design and provides more shock value rather than true timeless beauty.
    Hence, I'll put my money where my mouth is and vote for....(see most recent acquisiton below in auto-signature).....
    And no....of course, I'm not being biased!! Hehehe.....

Well it looks 50% goes to Aston Martin.
    Props to them!

If I had to chose beauty as a style thing my second choose would definitely be be Jaguar XKR. Similar in looks to AM.
    But few had the guts to pick it in a pool with such hard competition.

Quote:
    beltar said:
    Quote:
    racerx said:

I have to say this is the first daily car that gives me a lot of fun to drive, it's not like the 997 ,but it's fun to play with the torque and the grip is fantastic too. You can step on it whenever you want...i adore it!

beltar, I would advise against chipping your TDI. I have already had the transmission replaced under warranty with stock power and there's no telling what 625 Nm will do to it.

Quote:
    janus said:
    Well it looks 50% goes to Aston Martin.
    Props to them!

If I had to chose beauty as a style thing my second choose would definitely be be Jaguar XKR. Similar in looks to AM.
    But few had the guts to pick it in a pool with such hard competition.

I agree, the XK-R is beautiful, i have posted pics of it on here many times, a better value than the AM v8 but when head to head against a 12 cyl DB9 it must take 2nd place.

Quote:
    JYH said:
    For me, the best judge of beauty is time - accompanied by a truly individualistic and instantly recognisable form factor.
    At the risk of pi55ing on some people's tyres here, I'd have to say that half the cars on this list would not look good 20yrs down the road (with the exception of a 911 which looks timeless on the virtue that Porsche has a moss-like pace in design evolution ). And a couple of names listed (not mentioning any in particular ), are a bit "gimmicky" in design and provides more shock value rather than true timeless beauty.
    Hence, I'll put my money where my mouth is and vote for....(see most recent acquisiton below in auto-signature).....
    And no....of course, I'm not being biased!! Hehehe.....

For timeless beauty nothing compares to a mint 928. (I will post a thread soon on the porsche board about that)

Interesting that on a pre-dominantly porsche board AM is winning 54 to 18 over porsche, I believe that confirms my argument in the panamera thread with Adias that Bez has won in the desirability competition.

Where is Skyline GTR ?

"high end" car : AM DBS

"everyday" car : Audi S5

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    beltar said:
    Quote:
    racerx said:

beltar, I would advise against chipping your TDI. I have already had the transmission replaced under warranty with stock power and there's no telling what 625 Nm will do to it.

Thx Crash!
    I will take notice of your advice.
    I was already considering to contact some people who have experience (lots of km) with it.
    I know for sure that the 2.7 multitronic can't be chiptuned without killing the gearbox sooner or later.
    Did you had other problems already?
    I heard there were some probs with the 3.0 quattroconfig.(vibrations in the steering one said). Should been solved now...

And the most beautiful econocar starting at under $20K :

Looks like some Furai Concept DNA has filtered down to the mass-produced models....very cool (....for Mazda )

Despite the DBS's top billing for beauty, I'm not sure what possessed AM's designers to substitute (in Mr Clarkson's own words) "a Power Ranger's leg" in lieu of a classier gear knob.

Quote:
    JYH said:
    Despite the DBS's top billing for beauty, I'm not sure what possessed AM's designers to substitute (in Mr Clarkson's own words) "a Power Ranger's leg" in lieu of a classier gear knob.

That description is HILARIOUS I too hate the look of the shift knob.

Quote:
    MKW said:
    "high end" car : AM DBS

"everyday" car : Audi S5

I am with you there. When I first saw the DBS at the launch, I thought it looked a bit after market. But since then I have seen a couple on the road and they looked really nice! As for the Audi, I am waiting to see what the RS5 is going to be like and maybe even buy one.

Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    YES, R8! LP560-4 also... But, R8 is so nice to drive...

Congrats ! and welcome to the club, we are 3 now, no ?

I would vote for the Alfa 8c spider.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/14/24 2:04 PM
    RCA
    802856 1806
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448449 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    265982 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    89990 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6464 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885485 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    832625 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM