Crown

Board: Porsche - Cayenne Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Spotted: Cayenne GTS!

Conny, when the sport exhaust is working with the sport button turned on, is the exhaust note that much louder than the normal Cayenne sound?
    Paul

yeah, you can believe it. Comparatively the "normal" S is only whispering, but i love it too, when sound "off".

they had a silver one at the Toronto Car show. you could not get in it but i got them to stop the turntable it was sitting on and let me look in it. the seats look comfortable but i don't like that alcantera there.

the silver with the black out looked good.

Quote:
    pasman said:
    Hey Mark
    For the record, I do think that the green that you chose for you turbo is a great color. I never would have considered it, but after seeing the pics that you had, it looks really nice.

Hi Pasman,

Thank you, I never thought that I would buy a green car but our Porsche dealer had dark olive, light olive green, blue'ish, red'ish as well as metal grey in the show room and although all looked good the dark olive looked best. It has a very nice metallic goldish shine in it and at night she looks black. Dark olive is IMO also very nice with the two tone havanne sand beige leather. Again the dark olive stood out and as I don't want to be another white, grey or black CTT, I opted to take the plunch and go for the dark olive

Ive never owned anything close to orangish ever. Was thinking of nordic gold with grey/black interior with aluminum finish grills, mirrors & spoiler. Second option: grey with beige interior & same aluminum options. I will go for PDCC this time - heard a lot about it.

What do you think?

Quote:
    03LX470 said:
    Ive never owned anything close to orangish ever. Was thinking of nordic gold with grey/black interior with aluminum finish grills, mirrors & spoiler. Second option: grey with beige interior & same aluminum options. I will go for PDCC this time - heard a lot about it.

What do you think?

Hi Sir,

I think the nordic Gold color looks pretty cool and it instantly recognizable with the GTS (only car which comes in this color) Why not take the opportunity and if you like the color i would definitely recommend it !

About PDCC, definitely a must, the car has an even better drive with PDCC and I think it is worth the money. (much better for resale as well.

Best regards,

mark

Quote:
    03LX470 said:

What do you think?

it's a good decision. I've ordered mine with PDcC too

i drive mine with PDCC - it is a must

The Nordic Gold and the GTS Red both look good, but what I don't get is why choosing these colors cost as much as getting PDCC.

I saw a nordic gold today on a truck probably on its way to the dealership to wait for its lucky owner. It looks much better in person. Initially I wanted to put a lot of aluminum on the exterior to offset the orangish but i think it looks just fine as it is.

Hi Folks

Couple of things here, new to the forum btw and excellent content.

So I've ordered a GTS, we've had them in the UK for two months ish and they've been well reviewed on TV.

So the PDCC means that you have to take Air suspension, the unique thing about the GTS is that it comes as standard with Steel Springs and PASM - which is the winning combo on the 997 and 987. By buying PDCC & Air you loose the steels, the steels drop the car lower than air by 4mm (on GTS) and by 24mm (on CTT/S). It is becoming apparent in the press that in standard guise the GTS is the best handling Cayenne/SUV ever, by adding PDCC and therefore Air the car looses its edge and purpose inthe range.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFahKHx6j0c

So I'm allmost not going to order Air and PDCC when I'm fully convinced here. If you spec up a CTT in the UK to the same level as the GTS you are also looking at Pounds15k more.

I will of course be going for the auto box though.

Also - I've ordered mine with PCM3 at the dealers, and it is confirmed that July/Aug delivery will come with PCM3. Something to be careful of folks - the dealer has had it confirmed by Porsche that PCM 3 is imminent, touch screen etc.

I'm very excited - my thought are that the GTS is the one in the range, turbo sure is a sledgehammer, but this is your "GT3"

Take care folks

Hi Boff,

Welcome to the forum first of all , I am confident you will enjoy the forum as we have a great bunch of people and opinions.

I went through the same emotions as I would like to call it. Just to re-iterate your comments (as well as many GTS reviews) the GTS gets her fantastic handling because she is equipped with a manual, steel springs as well as PASM (obviously based on a very well proven chassis). In my opinion as soon as you are going to change the base car spec you will have to compromise on handling hence the sports car feel. So in my opinion if you want an automatic and are considering air suspension with the added benefit or being able to 'tick off' the PDCC box (another 3k option ), you might as well go for a very high spec'd S or the turbo. Price wise in my case a GTS with auto, air and PDCC would be only 7K Rials (approx 10k pounds) less from a top of the range spec'd turbo hence I decided to go for the sledge hammer .

Although I have never driven a GTS, I have had the S for a 1/2 day test drive and the turbo for 1/2 hr. The CTT is very comfortable hugely powerful car and in my opinion well worth the extra 10k in pounds.

So in summary, if you want to experience the GTS best, keep the manual, steel and PSAM. The UK has reasonable roads so you could ask yourself if you need air.

If you want huge power in combination with immense luxury and comfort I would suggest the turbo !!!!

Hope this helps. Have you driven a turbo??? the GTS is nice but I am sure the turbo will still blow you away .

Best regards,

Mark

HiYa Mark.

I agree - my wife will be the main driver of the GTS, and in the UK SUV's, heavy consumers, Petrol Tax are becoming huge issues. The CTT is awesome, but loose just so much cash immediately and consume that little bit too much juice 13 ish vs 16/17 mpg.

The sweet spot over here has allways been the S, so GTS is just that little bit more. True Air isn;t required unless you own a farm etc, and they remove part of the off road gearbox off the GTS anyway.

I love my 911TT, even though arguably the GT3RS is a better car. I think with the GTS, on our roads, and with our use - I thought I'd test the same concept again - they are both fun in their own regards, but i guess the GTS with be the one that handles bigtime, on-road. I'm not sure I want to dilute that too much by getting air - although!! I'm definately having one of those funky glass roofs!

Take care

B

Quote:
    Boff said:
    I'm definately having one of those funky glass roofs!
    B

The panoramic roofs are indeed a must, I have one on my X5 and my son loves looking at the sky

I think you have made the right choice, keep the GTS as she is and you will be more than satisfied, I am sure !!!

Cheers,

Mark

FYI in the US, all GTS have the air suspension...

Quote:
    SciFrog said:
    FYI in the US, all GTS have the air suspension...

Hi SciFrog,

Are you sure as it sounds very strange as the excitement and the cars handling is very much to do with the steel springs and PASM.

Yes air can be an option but I would double check your statement as I believe the 'standard' GTS doesn't come with air (it is an option)

Cheers

Mark

I'll comfirm what Scifrog said. The GTS only comes with air suspension in the states. But having said that, I test drove a GTS last week and have to say that it is SWEET! My Cayenne "S" currently has steel springs and the ride is very stiff, but the handling is great. I'm definitely willing to trade a little bit of performance for some additional comfort. Although I did put the GTS through some sweeping back road S's and did not notice any body roll at all. The GTS that I drove did not have PDCC. I also have to add that the seats are incredible! They really should supply the GTS seats in all the Cayenne models. Anyways, I'm taking delivery on mine this Saturday, so I will let everyone know how it goes....Lastly, Porsche is giving a discount on the GTS. I got around 6.5K off mine after some haggling.
    Paul

Quote:
    pasman said:
    I'll comfirm what Scifrog said. The GTS only comes with air suspension in the states. But having said that, I test drove a GTS last week and have to say that it is SWEET! My Cayenne "S" currently has steel springs and the ride is very stiff, but the handling is great. I'm definitely willing to trade a little bit of performance for some additional comfort. Although I did put the GTS through some sweeping back road S's and did not notice any body roll at all. The GTS that I drove did not have PDCC. I also have to add that the seats are incredible! They really should supply the GTS seats in all the Cayenne models. Anyways, I'm taking delivery on mine this Saturday, so I will let everyone know how it goes....Lastly, Porsche is giving a discount on the GTS. I got around 6.5K off mine after some haggling.
    Paul

Congrats to your new GTS!
    Hope y'll post some pics

Quote:
    pasman said:
    Lastly, Porsche is giving a discount on the GTS. I got around 6.5K off mine after some haggling.
    Paul

That should cover gas for a month or 2. The GTS sounds great but I wonder how nervous PAG is with the energy/economic situation unfolding and their cash cow being in the crosshairs.

Hey Conny997
    I'll be happy to post some pics for you guys!
    Cheers!
    Paul

from reading evo magazine...seems like the GTS needs PDDC and air suspension to be any good on uk roads!!? porsche magazine agreed the steel springs are not suited to the GTS.
    Dont go for that ginger colour if your worried about residuals too.

Here's my GTS that I picked up yesterday. I love it!

Love the handling and the extra horsepower...

Hi Paul,

Congratulations with the delivery of your GTS. She is gorgeous and I really envi you !!! When you have a spare minute a brief list of her spec would be appreciated (so you have airsuspension as standard?)

Best regards,

Mark

Hi Paul,

Couple of pictures from the interior would be great as well !!

Yes air suspension is standard on all the US GTS's. I kept her pretty simple. Just added PCM, trailer hitch, sunroof and a few extra odds and ends. My "S" was fully outfitted and found that I didn't use half of the stuff. You take delivery of your turbo next month?
    Paul

and the sport exhaust is pretty crazy sounding....

Paul,

As you have air did you opt to go for PDCC as well? Again fantastic car and you enjoy driving it!

Yes indeed, fingers crossed for end of April. I am really excited although the 4+ months delivery is much harder (mentally) than I thought. OK, my X5 is serving me very well but I just cannot get the CTT out of my mind.

I am about to go past my dealer again to get an update. She should have been manufactured by now as I was given an ealy March slot, hopefully no delays on the boat.

Speak later,

Cheers,

Mark

Mark,
    I did not opt for the PDCC. I thought about it and think that it's a great option, but eventually decided against it. I will take some interior photos in the next few days... I love the seats in this car. Standard seats are really good but the support in the GTS are incredible. Porsche should make these standard in all the Cayennes.

Give your dealer a call. My salesman told me when my car was started,hit the body shop, completed and when it was shipped. I actually got it three weeks earlier than estimated. So maybe it's on its way to you now...

I have to now install some clear sidemarkers, as the US cars have that lousy looking yellow marker. Anybody out there know if this is an easy job?

I am looking forward to seeing some photos of your turbo when you receive it. If I remember right, you are getting the dark green. Should look stunning as you never see that color on the streets.

Also, since I was at the dealer, I took a 911 C4S out. Incredible car, but totally not practical for me. I had to laugh because my salesman was over 6', sat in the passenger seat and my poor wife was forced to practically
    lay down in the rear to fit in it....Unfortunately it was raining so I really could not have too much fun with it.

Cheers back!
    Paul

Hi Paul,

You have a good memory, indeed I have ordered my CTT in dark olive metallic. A very nice color in the show room, fingers crossed she looks the bit out in the open as well. I opted to go for dark olive as the cars are here white or black, very little else)

Of course I am going to flog my car in pictures (smile) I am sure I will be enjoying the whole experience.

The 911 is a very nice car, as mentioned in an earlier post, my dad and I are going to Leipzig the third week or April to test drive the CTT on/offroad and because we are there anyway, my dad is going to drive the 911 and I the CTT in the Porsche rookie driving school (going to be fun!!!)

Speak later and look very much forward to some more pictures of the splendit looking GTS (nice colour, nothing against black of course) Mine will look black in the dark anyway.

Cheers,

Mark

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/3/24 3:40 PM
    watt
    802489 1803
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448325 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    265880 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    89889 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6365 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885256 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    831761 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM