Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Free goodies at time of pickup--Ask your dealer!

I got these things as gifts at the time of my Turbo pickup, thought I would post them here so you have some idea of what you deserve.
    About the watch, I think the only reason I got it is because by the time our 7 month "relationship" ended, it was clear to my sales manager that my, ahem, "passion" for Porsche is genuine and totally out of control; in other words, I am crazy and he was moved. So please don't expect same, and yes it is cool and beautiful--black with 911 Turbo on surface--even as it is maybe a little big for my smaller than average wrist.

Center Wheel Caps with Colored Crest
    Clear Side Marker
    Key Chains: Besides the one with the dealer's name, I got to pick one from the store. I stood there for 10 minutes and couldn't decide between the very cute PCCB Brake and the Leather Emblem, so he gave me both.
    DVD of Turbo Film Collection
    Leather bound booklet: What makes a Porche a Porsche.
    And various other booklets.
    Last 3 items are just ad materials, but they are nicely made & I save them.

Picture of the goodies enclosed. (Note that the windows sticker was never folded, in case I want to frame it. Kidding, kidding.)
    Have a safe Thanksgivings for those who observe, and everyone else also of course.

Re: Free goodies at time of pickup--Ask your deale

Center Caps w/Crest....for the standard Turbo Wheel?

The wheel is polished, the cap is satin - you might want to check that.

Did you pay over list for the car?

Just curious. Nice load of goodies there. And what camera are you using?

Niiiice watch/gift! Good for you!

Hey..., huccum _I_ didn't get no stinkin' watch? All I got was this lousy T-shirt.

Good dealer, knows how to satisfy a customer at minimal cost to themselves

I got $5K off the cab and nothing else. Not even a key chain.

Wow, I am impressed! 5k off introduction-time Turbo cab?! No trade in? Did you get it off the floor or was this an order-to-spec prior to intro.?! Regardless, congrats on the great deal (and please don't tell me your uncle owns the dealership ).

Quote:
    silverrules said:
    I got $5K off the cab and nothing else. Not even a key chain.

OT: Eric, you are just the man I need to talk to. I am thinking about painting the door finishers the same silver color as the door handle to help break up the monotonous interior a little bit. Is that plastic piece easy to take off? I looked under the handle and saw 2 rubber/plastic caps on the door finisher, plus a screw on the handle. I haven't removed the caps yet because I am afraid of breaking something; screws under there? Do I risk breaking anything? Do you (or MMD/anyone) have some kind of drawing please? Thanks in advance.

My wheels were changed to Silver HRE P40 at the dealership. When the nanager at Walter's Porsche found out that I have new wheels from the local tire shop, he arranged to have the wheels brought to the dealership and the swap therefore was done before delivery, saving me some hassle and anxiety. The caps were offered before I even asked. I am sure my Porsche nuttiness has something to do with it, nevertheless I am very pleased with the level of service here, especially since the deal was already done and they really didn't need to offer any of these things.

I was born and raised in Asia; hell will freeze over the day I pay for anything over list. LOL. $1500 off, September built Turbo. At the time, I wanted the earliest possible spot for 2008 from Southern Cal., and that's the best I could do.

BTW, check out the enclosed picture. I was thinking "Eric's car" when I took the picture; no kidding!! There are so few Guards fans around these days that I actually remember you as a member of the club.

Quote:
    Eric (Plug Guy) said:

Camera is Canon 1D. IMHO, the key though is also that I shoot in raw and the lenses I use: Canon 85 1.2 L, Canon 35 1.4 L, Contax Distagon 21mm f2.8 (the GT2 of wide angles). (In photography too I have "some" problem controlling my toy purchase. )

For the above shots, I use the 35mm lens. For car shots like the one below, I use the portraiture lens, 85mm, since I think of my car as a person . Kidding aside, I just don't like wide angle views for cars, just a personal preference.

Quote:
    Eric (Plug Guy) said:

LOL, MMD, this is because you didn't prove yourself Porsche-nutty *BEYOND* a reasonable doubt. You did NOT show the dealership your rennteam's post count, did you? Cheers and have a safe Thanksgiving!

Quote:
    MMD said:
    Niiiice watch/gift! Good for you!

Hey..., huccum _I_ didn't get no stinkin' watch? All I got was this lousy T-shirt.

Nice goodies, that new watch looks really good, some of us here got the old rubber one.

That key chain you got with the dealer's name is pretty generic, I have a couple of them with Mercedes logo and a couple with Lexus logo.

That watch is Pounds369 here in the UK. Really doubt I will be getting one of those thrown in

Door Trim requires panel removal. We paint new ones first, ship to you for install. On the Order page anytime buddy.

That Guards Red Cab is awesome....saw one in person two weeks ago, TT Cab, Sand Beige full interior, awesome car. I'm set now. Or will be someday in the future.

Email me with any questions on your interior, and I can walk you through some ideas for you.

eric@bumperplugs.com

Thanks!

I got the rechargeable LED Light at factory pickup and a nice lunch - oh stop, that costs 490 euros

Can,

I would advise against trying to remove those door finishers yourself. When I had my plastic trim pieces replaced with leather trim pieces, I thought I could try doing it myself too. When I asked around, I found out that the door panels have to be "plastic welded" back on (whatever that means), I decided to just let the dealership do it for me.

I think what Eric means is that they'd charge you extra as a "core" charge for the trim piece or maybe in this case, that'd be exempted. You'd then get a refund for the core charges when you return your trim pieces. At least that's what he did for me when I ordered the CF A-pillar pieces.

I had the same issue as you did when it came to wanting to break up the monotone nature. I ended up doing a number of other things. I swapped my CF shift knob/ebrake out for the aluminum (EGA) one and man...that looked spectacular! I have a couple other CF pieces, SS, etc. I think my interior is a mixture of several different materials. Normally I'd think that'd be a bit too much but because I didn't overpower one or the other, I'd managed to create a good balance.

Like yourself, I'm pretty obsessed when it comes to photography! I've managed to amass a collection of 17 lenses over the past 20 years ranging from my superwide 10.5mm all the way to the monster 200-400mm telezoom. I currently have the Nikon D2x but will be picking up the D3 as soon as my copy is available. I'm just very happy that it's finally a full frame DSLR and everything else that follows is just icing on a really juicy cake.

Interesting to note you preferring non-wide lens for car shots. I believe that it depends on the scenario. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. And like yourself, I love natural light.

Cann, I have bought many cars from them and the reason why. 2nd 997 TT this year. No uncle involved unfortunately
    I did have a trade in. The 997S cab was traded in for $64K. Carmax offered $59K. Their profit margin is pretty damn good on the TT cabs. Later.

That watch is awesome. I tried to find it on the german porsche selection shop, but couldn't find it... anybody got a link to it on the german or dutch site?
    -Joost-

I believe that watch is in the current Porsche goodies catalog, you could try ordering one thru your local dealer.

This is the part # :

WAP07001017

Quote:
    Joost said:
    That watch is awesome. I tried to find it on the german porsche selection shop, but couldn't find it... anybody got a link to it on the german or dutch site?
    -Joost-

I would assume if this dealer has it, then as Whoopsy said, any dealer could get it for you.
    http://e-partssales.com/Merchant2/mercha...turbocollection

Gorgeous gifts. I wish someone would send them to me as a christmas gift.

Quote:
    Whoopsy said:
    I believe that watch is in the current Porsche goodies catalog, you could try ordering one thru your local dealer.

This is the part # :

WAP07001017

It is written in the latest Porsche Selection brochure that the watches may _only_ be ordered thru the dealer.

Kinda strange, isn't it.

OK, thanks guys!
    -Joost-

Thank you. Door finisher removal is a little more complicated than I anticipated; I am back to plan B (no change). Let me see how much I could tolerate this monotone interior.

Hope you will have your "baby" soon!

Quote:
    Eric (Plug Guy) said:
    Door Trim requires panel removal. We paint new ones first, ship to you for install. On the Order page anytime buddy.

That Guards Red Cab is awesome....saw one in person two weeks ago, TT Cab, Sand Beige full interior, awesome car. I'm set now. Or will be someday in the future.

Email me with any questions on your interior, and I can walk you through some ideas for you.

eric@bumperplugs.com

Thanks!

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the very helpful and detailed reply (as always!). You are quite a resource for this forum!

Natural light: LOL. I have gotten into troubles with my wife once or twice waiting for the golden hours. It's one of life's tragedies that sunset always seems to be around dinner time . Anyway, enclosed is a picture I took during our stay in Santorini last August; I love this time of day, right after sunset.

I think you will love the D3. My brother uses Nikon and is also waiting for this yummy yummy camera.

Number of lenses: I have not crossed 15 yet. Grin. But really the work horses are the 3 primes (I don't use zooms much anymore, except for family gatherings and such.): Canon 85L, 35L, and Contax Distagon 21. Everywhere I travel, I walk around with these lenses.

Re. wide angle, I do use it, but yes more for scenic shots. For cars, I use more tele-type lenses for a couple of reasons:
    a. For any type of portraiture (and pictures of my "baby" are considered portraits), I like the background as soft as possible, to provide the drama of subject against blurred out background, with nice bokeh; therefore telephoto with wide aperture. Wide angles' depth of field tends to be too much (for my eyes) and the sharp background detracts from the "portrait." Again, this is purely personal preference, IOW I am not saying wide angle is wrong for cars at all.
    b. Unless there is some effect that I am trying to achieve, I prefer mostly to keep the proportion of the car more true to life. So again more tele range, and again just for my eyes.

Quote:
    atomic80 said:
    Can,

I would advise against trying to remove those door finishers yourself. When I had my plastic trim pieces replaced with leather trim pieces, I thought I could try doing it myself too. When I asked around, I found out that the door panels have to be "plastic welded" back on (whatever that means), I decided to just let the dealership do it for me.

I think what Eric means is that they'd charge you extra as a "core" charge for the trim piece or maybe in this case, that'd be exempted. You'd then get a refund for the core charges when you return your trim pieces. At least that's what he did for me when I ordered the CF A-pillar pieces.

I had the same issue as you did when it came to wanting to break up the monotone nature. I ended up doing a number of other things. I swapped my CF shift knob/ebrake out for the aluminum (EGA) one and man...that looked spectacular! I have a couple other CF pieces, SS, etc. I think my interior is a mixture of several different materials. Normally I'd think that'd be a bit too much but because I didn't overpower one or the other, I'd managed to create a good balance.

Like yourself, I'm pretty obsessed when it comes to photography! I've managed to amass a collection of 17 lenses over the past 20 years ranging from my superwide 10.5mm all the way to the monster 200-400mm telezoom. I currently have the Nikon D2x but will be picking up the D3 as soon as my copy is available. I'm just very happy that it's finally a full frame DSLR and everything else that follows is just icing on a really juicy cake.

Interesting to note you preferring non-wide lens for car shots. I believe that it depends on the scenario. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. And like yourself, I love natural light.

Enjoy! The nice thing about gift: I really don't need ANOTHER watch, but can't keep my eyes from this one! I particularly like the 911 Turbo inscription.

Quote:
    Joost said:
    OK, thanks guys!
    -Joost-

Quote:
    cannga said:
    Enjoy! The nice thing about gift: I really don't need ANOTHER watch, but can't keep my eyes from this one! I particularly like the 911 Turbo inscription.

Quote:
    Joost said:
    OK, thanks guys!
    -Joost-

hehe, well, if you ever want to get rid of this one, think of me!
    -Joost-

Quote:
    cannga said:
    Hi Jason,

Thanks for the very helpful and detailed reply (as always!). You are quite a resource for this forum!

Natural light: LOL. I have gotten into troubles with my wife once or twice waiting for the golden hours. It's one of life's tragedies that sunset always seems to be around dinner time . Anyway, enclosed is a picture I took during our stay in Santorini last August; I love this time of day, right after sunset.

I think you will love the D3. My brother uses Nikon and is also waiting for this yummy yummy camera.

Number of lenses: I have not crossed 15 yet. Grin. But really the work horses are the 3 primes (I don't use zooms much anymore, except for family gatherings and such.): Canon 85L, 35L, and Contax Distagon 21. Everywhere I travel, I walk around with these lenses.

Re. wide angle, I do use it, but yes more for scenic shots. For cars, I use more tele-type lenses for a couple of reasons:
    a. For any type of portraiture (and pictures of my "baby" are considered portraits), I like the background as soft as possible, to provide the drama of subject against blurred out background, with nice bokeh; therefore telephoto with wide aperture. Wide angles' depth of field tends to be too much (for my eyes) and the sharp background detracts from the "portrait." Again, this is purely personal preference, IOW I am not saying wide angle is wrong for cars at all.
    b. Unless there is some effect that I am trying to achieve, I prefer mostly to keep the proportion of the car more true to life. So again more tele range, and again just for my eyes.

Quote:
    atomic80 said:
    Can,

Nice free goodies. I collect Porsche's/Ferrari's marketing/ad material too. A lot of it I try to get 2 pieces, one that I can open & enjoy & the other kept sealed. Keep all my window stickers too, just so you know you're not the only crazy one out there. My dealer doesn't know it yet but instead of free goodies he's going to install my tubi & CF trim strip for free.

That picture is amazing. Very interesting too, looks like every structure is white, everything is white, very cool looking.

>>>>just so you know you're not the only crazy one out there

LOL. Thanks for your support! Actually not surprising to me that there are some similar "nutty" traits among Porsche drivers and posters on this forum.

I thought I was bad enough to be keeping ad materials. 2 copies??!! Holly cow, You ARE better! I love it. BTW, the Turbo booklet has 2 versions: The first version from a year ago has the Coupe in front; current version has Cabriolet. There is also this hardcover half-sized booklet that has profile of your Cab in front that's also neat. You might want to check these things out next time you're at the dealer.

>>>>My dealer doesn't know it yet but instead of free goodies he's going to install my tubi & CF trim strip for free.

That's very funny. I assume you are some sort of VIP customer? Or is he your uncle? Grin.

Thanks for the comment on my Greek picture. The white houses do give a distinctive look and make it easy to take good pictures. We were getting to go for dinner when I stopped to set up my tripod... Yes I am just as "out there" when it comes to photography.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:

Nice free goodies. I collect Porsche's/Ferrari's marketing/ad material too. A lot of it I try to get 2 pieces, one that I can open & enjoy & the other kept sealed. Keep all my window stickers too, just so you know you're not the only crazy one out there. My dealer doesn't know it yet but instead of free goodies he's going to install my tubi & CF trim strip for free.

That picture is amazing. Very interesting too, looks like every structure is white, everything is white, very cool looking.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    777322 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441726 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262790 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260969 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85242 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5582 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880661 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    815988 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM