Crown

Board: Porsche - Cayenne Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Power Kit for Cayenne Turbo

540hp, bigger brakes(fronts 380mm), different chassis setup.

Code E81. Price Euro 12900 in EU without local VAT.

Re: Power Kit for Cayenne Turbo

Nice.

When?

Now.

You're the best!

People will anything for OEM

I'm one of those people though.

Just imagine what kind of amazing aftermarket stuff you could do with 15-20k USD

Does anybody know if the Power Kit is available for order in the United States, the order code and cost?
    I am considering ordering the Cayenne Turbo and need to consider the various options.
    Thank you in advance for your time

Hi AE,

The stock CTT is very fast. Don't think you will need the power kit.

My 997S has the X51 power kit. Compared with my ex-997S, I really don't think the added 26 horsepowers are worth the extra money. How often do we drive our cars at 10/10?

Hello Tim,
    Thanks for the info.
    I last drove a Cayenne S one year ago and it felt heavy and underpowered. The 997TT is great and lots of fun in stock form, my concern is that the weight / horsepower ratios. Until the final cost and added suspension specs are released, I won't be able to make up my mind wrt Cayenne Powerkit.
    Reading RC's previous posts regarding power of his old Cayenne Turbo got me thinking of what is enough power and at what cost.
    The trouble with Porsches is that their ownership is an emotional decision beyond simple transportation needs. Fortunately we are in the financial position to be able to rationalize these decisions.
    Regards,
    Arnie

I've just talked to my PZ. The have heard about it but nothing definite. 02/08 earliest.

Some news :
    Sportauto online

540hp
    750 nm
    0-100 4,9
    brakes 380x38

in Italy Powerkit will costs a little over 15.000 Euro ...come back now from my dealer..

Quote:
    AE said:
    Hello Tim,
    Thanks for the info.
    I last drove a Cayenne S one year ago and it felt heavy and underpowered. The 997TT is great and lots of fun in stock form, my concern is that the weight / horsepower ratios. Until the final cost and added suspension specs are released, I won't be able to make up my mind wrt Cayenne Powerkit.
    Reading RC's previous posts regarding power of his old Cayenne Turbo got me thinking of what is enough power and at what cost.
    The trouble with Porsches is that their ownership is an emotional decision beyond simple transportation needs. Fortunately we are in the financial position to be able to rationalize these decisions.
    Regards,
    Arnie

Right. The Cayenne needs all the power it can get, so NO, there is no "enough power" in the Cayenne since this truck is simply too heavy.

Our Cayenne Turbo S has 521 HP and it is a very fast truck, no doubt about it. Would I take 600 HP if available? Definetely. It is so much fun watching some "sportscars" moving to the right so I can pass them.
    The only thing which isn't fun is the fuel consumption at those speeds.

I'm not sure why Porsche comes up with the powerkit so fast but I suppose Cayenne Turbo sales aren't going too well, so adding a little something to the offer may help.

I'm disappointed with Porsche and the Cayenne facelift to be honest. Yes, they introduced direct fuel injection engines but the weight is still the same. The new GTS is an interesting model or better said it WOULD HAVE BEEN an interesting model at a lower weight. Right now, it doesn't look to me like more than a pimped up Cayenne S, sorry to say that. I'm also missing a Diesel engine, a "monster" Diesel which may have helped with sales figures in Europe. A hybrid? Porsche must be joking. If Porsche thinks that they can change public opinion with a hybrid, they are VERY wrong.
    In the public opinion (and media) over here in Germany, the Cayenne is the bad guy, especially the Turbo which has been once named the most environmental hostile car in Germany as far as I remember.
    Adding a hybrid to the Cayenne model line won't change anything.

Porsche needs to change their advertisement for the Cayenne, they need to influence public perception of the Cayenne, they need to invest a little bit in "propaganda". Staying still, putting a hybrid on the market, won't change things at all.

My next family car won't be a Cayenne anymore, for various reasons. I also wont buy the Panamera for similar reasons.
    The only Porsche cars I may buy in the future are Porsche sportscars.

Our next family car? Very likely the new Audi RS6 or maybe a Mercedes C63 AMG. Kids are older and I simply don't want to spend so much money anymore for a family car. Another reason is the fact that I waited 3(!) months for the replacement of a faulty DVD entertainment system unit and this really p.ss.d me off because during this period, we did two longer trips with the kids and they KILLED us during these trips because they weren't able to watch their usual movies. How do you justify paying a premium price for a premium product where handling warranty issues isn't so premium?! I can't.

Another reason why the Cayenne has to go is public opinion and the "friendly" comments we get each and every day driving such a car in Germany.
    Yes, this isn't about environmental stuff only, this is also about envy, whatever. I still don't like it and it started to annoy me and my wife, especially when some of the "friendly" comments come from people we socialize with.
    With two little kids living in a "tight" neigborhood, you can't afford being much different or do provoke, sad but true. It is already a pain in the a.. to explain to people why a family father with two kids drives a 997 Turbo and not a BMW stationwagon and just recently one of my wife's best friends told her that I need to grow up (apparently this means I need to drive a Mini Cooper like her husband, not a 997 Turbo ). I'm also fed up with the question "but where can you drive your Turbo that fast?" or the very common story of the bad Porsche driver who killed innocent people in an accident because he was too fast.

A last thing which p.ss.s me off with the Cayenne: the Cayenne V6. This is a ridiculous car and it shouldn't even have the Porsche crest on it. C'mon, there are Diesel family cars going faster. The Cayenne S isn't much different, it has power but at it's weight, it actually delivers the performance of a BMW X3 sd Diesel. Pathetic.

Sorry for my ranting, guys but lately I'm a little bit mad at Porsche because I get so many infos which indicate that sooner or later, Porsche isn't the brand I feel attached to anymore. The Panamera is another example: first I heard it will be a limousine in the size of the BMW 5series at around 1800 kg weight at max. Now the latest rumours indicate the size of a Mercedes S-class and a weight over 2 tons, even more with options.

The Mercedes C63 AMG costs around half of what a Cayenne Turbo with powerkit costs and it is faster. I know, I know, the Cayenne is a SUV but considering the purpose I need it for (family transportation), the C63 AMG seems to be the much better deal, rebate is up to 20%(!) if I buy one with a one day dealer registration.
    The Audi RS6 stationwagon is huge and it has 4WD. It still costs a lot less than a Cayenne Turbo. Even better: I may get up to 15% rebate on this car if I don't buy it within the first 6 months of availability.

To make it short: Porsche needs to make the Cayenne and Panamera much more special if they want to sell them to me. I need to understand why I have to pay more money for a Porsche, even if the reason is an emotional one.

Also Porsche needs to take care of public perception of their cars, especially since Porsche cars are not something very special in Germany, you see them at each corner. Nowadays it seems to be "easier" to drive an Audi for 100000 Euro than driving a Boxster for 65000 Euro.
    I know that it is important that the Porsche brand is associated with "exclusive" products and I also know that there always will be envy among people. Still...Porsche can do a better job to make the public understand why people buy a Porsche and what is so special about a Porsche. The current Porsche advertisement sucks big time.

Excellent write-up Christian!

There are really many other choices currently-either for sportscar enthusiast(R8 for example) or family car person(RS6 Avant or C63T AMG as you pointed out)...

Porsche's are not that special any more...

RC your comments are 100% correct, to be sincere I don't know where Porsche is going in terms of exclusivity. Out here in London there are Porsche's everywhere and based on the facts that the 911 has too many models, the used price index has gone down and i mean way down. A used 2005 C"S goes for about 52K at new it costs around 76K.
    based on this I have decided to look else where for a sports car..Lambo,Ferrari etc. I still love my Cayenne S for trips with the family to France and other countries, I doubt if there is a subtitute for that in my own books (3 children, a wife and a 6ft 4 father). Other 4x4's are a bit tight to get into or the performance/build quality is ridiculous.
    I will definite not buy the facelift 911 or the Panamera, I'm sure there are more sports cars that will increase my adrenalin.. Oops I hope Nick Berry doesn't read this

Bottom line: weight is the enemy. Ferrari is going the right way.

RC,

Too bad about the envy in your country. Any car guys who own the cars that you have will be happy all day long. It seems that you owned those cars and are not happy because of the envious people around you. We can never change those people. Don't be bothered by what they said.

I don't agree that the Cayenne will need 600 hp or more. It is an SUV afterall and centre of gravity is just too high for excessive speed. I feel that my Cayenne Turbo already has too much power.

I also do not agree to compare the Cayenne with a sedan or station wagon. An SUV will always weigh more.

Get whatever cars that makes you happy. Afterall it is your hard earned money.

I had a MINI Cooper S and sold it 3 years ago. I consider myself a grown-up!

Dear guys, envy is present everywhere. Just look at me and my case. I live in switzerland, a relatively calm, quiet and wealthy place and in a town, Zurich, where you see more sportcars around than normal cars. The country is so quiet you do not expect anything to happen rather then boring stuff.
    Even though...in a year my Turbo has been scratched because of vandalism twice, my passenger windows has been broken because of no reason rather then "fun" causing me the replacement of all the PCM system, and finally last week my bumper has been damaged in a parking by an [beep] who didn't even leave a message (and in this country even childs have got their pedal cars Kasko insured).
    Not to speak about all my collegues at work discussing why i'm not driving a mini or an a3 rather then a 911 Turbo, furthermore in a country in which maximum speed limit on normal roads is 80 and on motorways 120.
    I hate this.

I agree 100% with what RC said. The cayenne is too heavy, has got a monstrous fuel consumption (i've used a CTT for a weekend in the period in which i was planning to buy one and i got bankrupt to fill the tank )

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    803349 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448609 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    266177 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90090 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6643 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885792 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    833411 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM