Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Lamborghini Gallardo V8 Prototype Spied

Now why on earth would Lambo/Audi want to go "downmarket" into R8 territory like this with the Gallardo. Talk about confusing your customers....

Quote:
    This involves a little speculation here, but our sources at the Nürburgring have photographed what may be a V8-powered Lamborghini Gallardo prototype. A slightly revised front fascia, and a visibly reworked exhaust out back suggest that some engine changes are being explored.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/spyphotos.cf...prototype-spied

The exhaust sure is different, it could be a diesel for all I know
    Any thoughts/info on what's going on Kreso

Re: Lamborghini Gallardo V8 Prototype Spied

Quote:
    temm said:
    The exhaust sure is different, it could be a diesel for all I know

Perhaps the Gallarod Nera is followed by the Gallardo verde?

NOT a diesel for sure!
    Gasoline engine with nice power.
    Not as loud as NA V10... Go figure...

Turrrrbboooooo

Suspense is killing me. So what is it Kreso???

Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Turrrrbboooooo

Spot on!(as usual...)

Possible engine No.1:
    4.2L V8 FSI Bi-Turbo
    550hp/6400-6800
    750Nm/1700-6000
    7speed DSG
    0-100: 3.7s
    Max: 330km/h

or

new 5002ccm V10(it is NOT the same engine as Gallardo's!)
    FSI Bi-turbo
    600hp/6400-6800
    800Nm/1700-6000
    0-100:
    Max:

Audi is having several V8 and V10 gasoline engines under development! 4.0L V8 NA, 5.0L V8 NA, 4.2L Bi-turbo all with FSI.

If all the rumors I heard are true then Audi/Lamborghini will rull sportscar segment in years to come...

Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    If all the rumors I heard are true then Audi/Lamborghini will rull sportscar segment in years to come...

Turbo rules the world

Reworked engine from the new RS6? Twin turbo v10. 550hp in the RS6 and 600 in the Gallardo?

Unless F puts 550hp in the F450...

Kreso, are these engines (especially the V10 TT) to be used in the updated gallardo (MY09?), hence no 5,2l V10 FSI NA 550-560hp, or in the gallardo replacement ?

Rumours going arund now have the RS6 engine with 579 hp (426 kW) from a V10 Twin Turbo 5002 cc engine. If that's the case then WOW! Where will the Horsepower end? Does that mean this engine with 620hp in the Gallardo? If that's the case what kind of power is the murcielago going to get? 700??

what kind of weight will they have

interesting news , but they will have to do something for the engine sound, its a prerequisite on an exotic like the lambo

Well the new S6 is 4486 lbs. I guess that's why they need all that power!!

......could just be a test mule for the R10 as well......

Sounds like a 5,2l V10 550-560hp to me, if it is the one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GvKFMfeQAg

Bad news, CAR reports that it's going to have 430 bhp V8 with direct injection, and priced only slightly higher than the upcoming R8 V10..

Quote:
    shin said:
    Bad news, CAR reports that it's going to have 430 bhp V8 with direct injection, and priced only slightly higher than the upcoming R8 V10..

By the looks of it, the new 'Dino' (or whatever) will be in the firing line...

Quote:
    shin said:

what is the price?

Go here for the CAR magazine article : http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/secret_new_car.php?sid=814&page=1

Quote:
    shin said:
    Go here for the CAR magazine article : http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/secret_new_car.php?sid=814&page=1

So I guess around TT price range?

Very interesting!

That's good for new Lambo owners, but bad for the current one.

All this makes no sense, but remember a few years ago everyone was saying that Audi would never produce the R8 because it would hurt Lamborghini, but they did produce it. With this V8 version (if it's real), I guess they are going to hurt Lambo even more; Lamborghini is not supposed to be a wimpy car. With a V8 in it the R8 V10 will kill it; what is the purpose of that ??? The Gallardo should be going UP in power, not down.

Quote:
    blade said:
    All this makes no sense, but remember a few years ago everyone was saying that Audi would never produce the R8 because it would hurt Lamborghini, but they did produce it. With this V8 version (if it's real), I guess they are going to hurt Lambo even more; Lamborghini is not supposed to be a wimpy car. With a V8 in it the R8 V10 will kill it; what is the purpose of that ??? The Gallardo should be going UP in power, not down.

That's good for me and many others, the V8 with better price and same look is very interesting. Plus, Lambo can sell lots of it to make big money.

Quote:
    997GT2 said:
    Quote:
    blade said:

That's good for me and many others, the V8 with better price and same look is very interesting. Plus, Lambo can sell lots of it to make big money.

But then it gets like Porsche, etc.; so many on the road it will no longer be unique. Isn't part of the idea of an exotic car it's uniqueness ? By the way, the folks at the factory must get a big kick out of reading all the crazy hypotheses that we come up with every time they sneeze,LOL .

Quote:
    blade said:
    Quote:
    997GT2 said:
    Quote:
    blade said:

But then it gets like Porsche, etc.; so many on the road it will no longer be unique. Isn't part of the idea of an exotic car it's uniqueness ? By the way, the folks at the factory must get a big kick out of reading all the crazy hypotheses that we come up with every time they sneeze,LOL .

Ferrari also making a new car which is cheaper than the 430.

Lambo and Ferrari wouldn't sell anything cheaper than the TT.

They are not Porsche.

Quote:
    997GT2 said:
    Quote:
    blade said:
    Quote:
    997GT2 said:
    Quote:
    blade said:

They are not Porsche.

But Ferrari will create a totally new model with the California GT. It will has nothing in common with the F430 or its successor.
    But presenting a V8-Gallardo would hurt the image of more powerful versions.

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    997GT2 said:
    Quote:
    blade said:
    Quote:
    997GT2 said:
    Quote:
    blade said:

They are not Porsche.

But Ferrari will create a totally new model with the California GT. It will has nothing in common with the F430 or its successor.

As I said it before, that's good for new buyers like me and no good for those current owners.

Quote:
    997GT2 said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    997GT2 said:
    Quote:
    blade said:
    Quote:
    997GT2 said:
    Quote:
    blade said:

They are not Porsche.

As I said it before, that's good for new buyers like me and no good for those current owners.

Anyway. I think it's more likely that this car is a test mule for the upcoming R8S.

Who sais that it would be cheaper and/or under powered?
    Maybe it will be a V8 biturbo - weight considerations, and turbo era is at hand...

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    997GT2 said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    997GT2 said:
    Quote:
    blade said:
    Quote:
    997GT2 said:
    Quote:
    blade said:

They are not Porsche.

Anyway. I think it's more likely that this car is a test mule for the upcoming R8S.

I don't think so, they can just use the R8 as the test male car for the R8S.

Why use the Lambo to do that?

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    806458 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    449510 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    267039 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90446 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    7198 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

887261 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    836032 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM