Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

GT3 RS One and only car allocated for Hawaii

The one and only GT3RS allocated for the entire state of Hawaii arrived recently and was delivered to its new owner.
    I'll try to attach picks. MSRP $140+.

Re: GT3 RS One and only car allocated for Hawaii

anohter pic

Congrats!

Hey, I use to live in Hawaii. Is that the dealership on Ala Moana Boulevard?

Life is tough for that guy, Robin Masters?

Yes, the dealership is on Ala Moana -- Porsche of Hawaii.

Here are a few more pics. Not my car, buy the way. Some other lucky guy.

another pic

one final pic

OK, one more

Is there a track in Hawaii?

Frank

Now that's really exclusive!!! The only RS in the country!!!

Quote:
    Cueto said:
    Is there a track in Hawaii?

Frank

Nope, and the highways are loaded with cops with laser guns night after night. IMO, it's a frustrating place to be if you have a fast car and you actually want 'drive' it. Beautiful car though, I think that dealer got 3-4 GT3's and this 1 RS.

What a waste of an RS.

Dan

ed-moree, spain is a beautiful country and
    Fernando has been tearing it up in F1, but Hawaii is not a country but rather one of the states in the USA. And yes to all, it is the most frustrating place to own a fast car. The speed limit on the freeway is 50 mph and a lot of people drive slower than that. Our one and only track closed last year, but there is talk of building a "world class" track. I will not hold my breath on that one. I'm dreaming of a GT3 but Dan L is right; what a waste. Probably end up with a cabriolet.

I remember hearing about a world class circuit but I won't believe it until I see it. Driving in Oahu is just plain frustrating, especially driving on the H1 during rush-hours.

For '07 Porsche of Hawaii, it is my understanding, was allocated 3 GT3s and 1 GT3RS. I am the third and last person on the '07 list and my GT3 is supposed to be built June 13 and delivered in late July or early August. It takes 6-8 weeks to get a car from Stuttgart to Honolulu.

And, yes, there will not be much opportunity to drive it fast. So, in some sense, you could say it's a waste of a car. But in another, you only live once and if Hawaii is where you live, you go ahead and get the car and enjoy it as best you can. By the way, there are sections of the H3 Freeway that in daylight you can sometimes really rip. I've heard reports of cars coming out of the H3 tunnel at 140 mph. BUt I wouldn't speed there. On the windward side, near the Kaneohe Marine Base, the road seem to be not much driven or patroled.

Above is how my car should look. Carrara white with PCCB brakes. I'll believe it when I see it for real.

Quote:
    chipper said:
    And, yes, there will not be much opportunity to drive it fast. So, in some sense, you could say it's a waste of a car. But in another, you only live once and if Hawaii is where you live, you go ahead and get the car and enjoy it as best you can. By the way, there are sections of the H3 Freeway that in daylight you can sometimes really rip. I've heard reports of cars coming out of the H3 tunnel at 140 mph. BUt I wouldn't speed there. On the windward side, near the Kaneohe Marine Base, the road seem to be not much driven or patroled.

You have the right to own & drive whatever car you want. Those folks that are complaining are simply jealous that they too don't own/drive a GT3RS and live in Hawaii.

Special car & special place.

Happy Ownership and Motoring!

Hey, Thanks. Same to you! When you get to a certain age and you realize you only have so many years left, you stop caring so much about what other people think. Cheers.

Chipper, I hope I did not offend with "it is a waste" comment. I still want to get one and I agree with you 100% with "you only live once and if Hawaii is where you live...." The other problem I anticipate is that around here (Honolulu), the person in every third car knows who I am and driving like we like to drive is not good for the reputation/business. And yes, I am very jealous that you got the last one! I hope we get more here in 2008. Maybe PDK? Who knows. I am still concerned about the ride height and driving on our pot hole filled roads.

Anything away from Waikiki and Honolulu will have fewer police patrol cars, especially in Kaneohe. I recall Hale'iwa wasn't too bad either. It is not like you can't hit high speeds but given that there are so few highways, there aren't many roads you can actually use. Late in the night and early in the morning I've hit up to 120mph in the western part of the H1 when I owned a 89' 325i.

Chipper, I am glad you are getting a GT3. I remember a black Carrera GT in the showroom floor a year and a half ago, would you know the owner of that car?

No offense taken whatsoever! Thank you for your senstivity. If every third person knows you, you must be a celebrity. Which means I probably know you too. Anyway, all your points are well taken. I'm concerned about the ride height too. There are speed bumps where I work, and angled driveways. There is some question whether a GT3 can actually be practical for me. Seeing the car for the first time and the test drive are going to be important for that reason.

Quote:
    stereo said:
    A

Chipper, I am glad you are getting a GT3. I remember a black Carrera GT in the showroom floor a year and a half ago, would you know the owner of that car?

I don't know myself who bought the black Carrera GT, but Darryl at Porshe of Hawaii probaby does. I think POH still has one Carrera GT for sale, last time I checked their website.

No, I am no celebrity and I was exagerating a bit. Maybe infamous at best. My point was Honolulu is a very small place and many people will recognize you for good or for bad, especially when we go flying by in a one of a kind car. I drive a car that is fairly exclusive (I have not seen another on the road yet), so when I am "blasting" by people at 65mph (don't laugh, that is much faster then everyone else drives over here), I am always thinking that everyone knows it is "that guy" again. When I lived in California, I never had that feeling no matter how I drove. I know if I am lucky enough to get a GT3 it will be even worse. They have to change Sammy's song to "I can't drive 45" over here. Sounds like Darryl is the man at POH. He sold my friend his last 2 turbos. I deal with Gerald. Anyway, sorry to highjack. The RS is unreal. The exact color I would get if I could get one.

Is it a Porsche -- your car? Yes, Darryl is a good guy. I've known him for about ten years. I may very well know your friend who bought two turbos from him, as well. It's a small island. Many Porsches, new ones at least, that I see on the street, I've seen before in the showroom at POH. I've driven some of them, in fact. I'm usually surprised when I see a Porsche on the road that I don't know already. With only one dealer and a small island, I guess that's the way it goes.

No, I'm in a Black Mercedes ML63 due to the kids. It is actually perfect for driving on the poor quality streets of Honolulu and is scary fast for such a big vehicle. Every time I get the bug to buy a Porsche, I try to resist because I really do need a bigger car, but I think this time I might have to go for it. I drove my friends cabriolet the other week and the feeling is like no other. I might have to just do two cars, but I don't drive that much to justify it. I think I am going to wait for the refresh that is suppose to be coming out and decide between an "S" and a GT3. My friend with the turbo is an oral surgeon and has good things to say about Darryl.

I think your surgeon friend is (or was) a member of the Porsche Club. If so, he previously owned a 996 turbo, if I recall. Yeh, Honolulu streets can be pretty bad. Our other car is a VW TDI that has a very soft suspension which I appreciate. My 997 with 19s rides fairly hard and you can really feel the bumps. Hopefully, Porsche will keep improving PASM so that it delivers a truly comfortable ride (on American roads), as well as a stiff ride in sport mode. My car does not have PASM. Next time around I would get the "S" for that and other reasons, though I like my car very much. It's the best Porsche I've ever owned. When you're ready for your "S" or GT3 (if any allocation left for 08MY), talk with Darryl. Sean is also a good buy, BTW.;

I might be moving back to Hawaii to help a friend start up a new magazine. I'd like to meet both of you.

Hey who's to say that someone in Hawaii should not buy a RS. If you have the money and the desire to have one it will be sold to you.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    806431 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    449501 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    267039 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90446 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    7195 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

887240 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    836002 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM