Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Some people are just "retarded!"

I was pulling out of a porsche dealership in my GT3 and some "guido" looking guy pulls in to the dealership see's me and guess wants to show his manhood. He's driving a Carrera GT. It's jet black with black stock wheels and hardtop off. So he starts revving his engine as loud as he could. Granted I was very impressed. Sounds like a jet fighter. But he doesn't stop once but continues to rev his engine with exhaust blaring . I was then annoyed because he was making a spectacle of himself. I wasn't the only one annoyed. There were quite a few people who couldn't help but notice him. Some people are just retarded. Just because you have money doesn't mean you have class. It's either you have it or you don't. Any I usually don't see this type of behavior from porsche owners. It's happen a few times before with guys driving rice rockets, vettes, and mustangs, but it's the first time a porsche owner has done that.

Re: Some people are just "retarded!"

Probably wasn't his car?

If you have it you don't need to flaunt it...

What a creep! Some people are so insecure and that's how the boost their ego.

That is the kind of guy whose odds of trashing the car soon are close to 1.

Hey we have one on this forum but he does not drive a p-car

Where was this NB? If it was I think I know who you're talking about.

Quote:
    SrfCity said:
    Where was this NB? If it was I think I know who you're talking about.

Mckenna Porsche in Norwalk.

Quote:
    edz61 said:

I'm guessing a ferrari owner.

Hop into that GT3 for about an hour. Take it out for a little exercise. Enjoy everthing about your car..the feel..the sound...the handling...the excelleration...the abundance of lateral Gs you get with every corner... the smell of hot Michelins... Life's pretty good, huh?. Forget that jerk!

I think I know who he is - there are lots of video's of some dude scaring people with the sound of his car outside cafe's and even on Rodeo

Did he miss puberty or something?

It always makes me laugh when I encounter these occasional knuckleheads. A few nights ago I was stopped at a light and 2 guys in a vette, who looked like those disco head bobbing characters from Saturday Night Live in the 90's, were threatened by my 987s. They blew off the line and probably burned $10 in gas while I did a leisurely 0-60 in about 30 seconds. I timed the approaching light perfectly they were then stopped at and safely blew by them.

it's probably the best place for him to rev up his car..
    or else his car will probably get hurt if it was on the open street. :P

Check what " God " is sprinkling on Earth !!!

Great one

@mvn1971: man, jerks like that exist everywhere...just recently, I was driving down Park Lane in my 997S and as I was slowing down behind other cars approaching some traffic lights, 2 Arab guys in a red F430 Spider drove past me and quite sharply slotted into the small space in front of me. I didn't have to brake suddenly but I certainly had to slow down in a much smaller distance. Anyway, when the lights turned green, they paused while the cars in front of them all drove off and then they floored it with high revs all just to attract attention to themselves. What a bunch of jerks!

Just like an annoying little insect or pest...ignore them and they will go away.

oh contraire,

The description is funny and maybe he was a real jerk, BUT listening to a CGT rev its engine would be what most of us would dream about. You guy's sound like a bunch of old ladies at a sewing bee. People watch youtube video's of F1 engines playing rock music and say "great" "awesome"...

Speaking of jet engines, why do a lot of us like air shows, because of the sound and power. Muscle cars sell because of the sound, we all spend money on custom exhaust for the sound.

I wish i could be so unfortunate today to be forced to listen to a cgt.

Just can't go with you guys on this one.

I don't think it was the sound per se that bothered mvn1971. He did say that he was impressed by that. I think it was the childish way that guy was drawing attention to himself that was more annoying to mvn1971.

Quote:
    mvn1971 said:
    Quote:
    edz61 said:

I'm guessing a ferrari owner.

So here we have a guy that revs an engine that sounds like a musical instrument and that is just sooo retarded!

A couple of young kids in a ferrai playing a little is so terrible!etc.....

I suggest you guys sell the Porsches, join the Lexus forum and go easier on Guido and Arab comments.

Quote:
    samy997 said:
    So here we have a guy that revs an engine that sounds like a musical instrument and that is just sooo retarded!

A couple of young kids in a ferrai playing a little is so terrible!etc.....

I suggest you guys sell the Porsches, join the Lexus forum and go easier on Guido and Arab comments.

While we're making silly suggestions, this time of year, shouldn't you be busy studying for your finals, servicing your lawn mower in anticipation for a long summer of neigborhood odd-jobs, and joining a Fast & Furious forum?

Engine revving, done tongue in cheek, for good laughs, is all in good humor, and would sound darned good coming from a CGT..

Engine revving done with a serious face, with a "challenging" intent, is even HIGHER comedy, and makes you look like an absolute SCHMOE, or a rather dim-witted high-school kid, take your pick...

Quote:
    samy997 said:
    A couple of young kids in a ferrai playing a little is so terrible! [...] go easier on ... Arab comments.

I can't tell if you even read my post once let alone carefully a second time before posting?

That the 2 guys were Arab was a factual matter. I have nothing against Arabs per se. If you read my post carefully, you'd see that that wasn't why I was complaining. They actually drove dangerously by cutting me up in some form of childish one-up-manship. They then proceeded to behave like jerks holding up the traffic just to show off. Maybe if you read posts carefully, you might actually realise what was being complained about.

Your first post. What an impressive arrival at rennteam for you! I guess some people choose to walk into the room while others fall into the room flat on their face.

Wow! You guys are big on personal attacks, but I do like the little cute symbols you use to express your thoughts.

As a car enthusiast I enjoy hearing a screaming Ferrari or Porsche engine and fooling around a little with a Ferrari puts a smile on my face (without endangering people's lives). This, regardless of who is behind the wheel of the other car or generalizing their charachter groups such as Guido, Arab or slick rick in vette, etc....
    Keep in mind that the average person on the street has a precieved notion of people that drive Porsches that you surely don't appreciate either.
    Lastly, I wouldn't put down the kids mowing lawns to tune up their Honda Civics, especially since most of them would hand you your derrier at a local auto cross event, which I'm sure you both attend frequently. respect!

I think the 911 is a much classier understated car... The GT is kind of the vette of the Porsche world... just too "showy"

I know it's a great car... but for my money the 959 was a classier "Super Car"

I'm late to this thread but may I say this:

A guy in a CGT can act anyway he wants around me; are you kidding? Cut me off, tailgate, rev the p*ss out of his engine, even call me a ***, throw the finger: who cares? You're getting a CGT fix that will last for a few years!

All thru "the abuse" you're getting a great display of the workings of that fantastic machine.

If the same guy was driving a 'vette I would call the cops on my cell phone.

Shouldn't have left your girlfriend at home

Quote:
    mvn1971 said:
    I was pulling out of a porsche dealership in my GT3 and some "guido" looking guy pulls in to the dealership see's me and guess wants to show his manhood.

I share your pain. Luckily no guy had ever tried showing me their manhood.

Quote:
    samy997 said:
    Wow! You guys are big on personal attacks, but I do like the little cute symbols you use to express your thoughts.

As a car enthusiast I enjoy hearing a screaming Ferrari or Porsche engine and fooling around a little with a Ferra;ri puts a smile on my face (without endangering people's lives). This, regardless of who is behind the wheel of the other car or generalizing their charachter groups such as Guido, Arab or slick rick in vette, etc....
    Keep in mind that the average person on the street has a precieved notion of people that drive Porsches that you surely don't appreciate either.
    Lastly, I wouldn't put down the kids mowing lawns to tune up their Honda Civics, especially since most of them would hand you your derrier at a local auto cross event, which I'm sure you both attend frequently. respect!

I was not trying to generalize anyone. He truly look like what I considered a "guido." I even looked up the word in the urban dictionary which states " a sad pathetic excuse for a male; not necessarily of Italian descent, but most likely; usually a native to the New York/New Jersey Tri-state area.
    Wardrobe: tight zipper shirts, tracksuits, designer jeans, fuzzy kangol hats, hooped earings, fake gold chains and related euro-trash garb and tacky cheesy wear." The guy almost fit this description...."Guido cars usually have a boomin system thru which cheesy music like freestyle, commercial club/trance and hip hop is loudly blasted."

Quote:
    John H said:
    Probably wasn't his car?

If you have it you don't need to flaunt it...

very true!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/3/24 3:40 PM
    watt
    802550 1803
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448346 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    265904 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    89903 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6380 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885288 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    831945 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM