Crown

Board: Porsche - Cayenne Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

news about cayenne gts

sorry if this has been brought up before, i just got fresh news about the cayenne gts that will be a model between the S and the turbo. it will have 415hp, it will be lower ,very on road oriented with 21 inch wheels,different chassis. and it will be released on feb 08

Re: news about cayenne gts

Please tell us more! differences e.g. less weight, engine changes, look etc.?
    Thanks in advance

21 inch?

Quote:
    dhayek said:
    sorry if this has been brought up before, i just got fresh news about the cayenne gts that will be a model between the S and the turbo. it will have 415hp, it will be lower ,very on road oriented with 21 inch wheels,different chassis. and it will be released on feb 08

Different chassis?

I doubt they would tool up for something that intensive except for a TOP model, and not something in a line that has been around with the same chassis for quite some time.

Highly unlikely...

If they DO make another special edition, it will be something half assed- with readily availible parts bin parts.

Examples:

Cayenne Titanium
    Boxster S "550"
    996 Millenium
    996 40th Anniv

Even the Cayenne Turbo S/911 Turbo S are just a rebadged Powerkit models with no significant differences other than more obligatory options and an adjusted price tag.

I agree with Moogle. It sounds very un-Porsche-like. I could definitely see them adding another one of their bloated offerings and calling it a Cayenne GTS... or Cayenne RSR or Cayenne RSR S, etc, etc.

There was a post on a German forum about a supposed GTS model with rear wheel drive and carbon brakes but this was based upon rumour I understand. Someone on a factory visit apparently spotted a heavily modified Cayenne in the apprentice training shop which was where the runour started I believe. It'll be interesting to see if it actually happens but this would surely be an extreme niche model

Maybe it will be a smaller version of the Cayanne...

guys , its not a rumor , its confirmed. moogle when i said chassis , i meant chassis set up. sorry , my mistake.
    peformance and price wise it will be between the cayenne S and the turbo

Why would they do that?
    Still no bluetooth or iPods but a pimped version of the Cayenne? Oh boy. Don't get me started.

I just hope it has chrome spinner wheels and a loud sound system.

More SUV mods that are about as useful as teats on a bull.

Dhayek:

I agree there may be space between the S and a Turbo (the price jump is quite large) for another niche model.

Thus, in Porsche tradition, it will certainly be better equipped than the S but not as well equipped than the Turbo.

There were also rumours about a BMW X5 Le Mans ( a LONG time ago ) but it never happened. (there was some rumours about it lately, but I don't think they ended up doing it).

I just hope these rumours didn't start because someone saw the Cayanne Transsyberria Rally cars in the Porsche shop and went crazy with their imagination and keyboard

Quote:
    Moogle said:
    I just hope these rumours didn't start because someone saw the Cayanne Transsyberria Rally cars in the Porsche shop and went crazy with their imagination and keyboard

Did you hear about the Cayenne Rubicon edition?

Quote:
    Moogle said:
    Dhayek:

I agree there may be space between the S and a Turbo (the price jump is quite large) for another niche model.

Thus, in Porsche tradition, it will certainly be better equipped than the S but not as well equipped than the Turbo.

There were also rumours about a BMW X5 Le Mans ( a LONG time ago ) but it never happened. (there was some rumours about it lately, but I don't think they ended up doing it).

no tom, if there was 1% chance that it may not be confirmed, i would have never talked about it. 3 years in rennteam and not even 1 mistake , starting from the first pictures of the f430 worldwide

I've heard of it... but I'm not holding my breath. Dosn't make sense... they need to be focused on the Panamera coming out, and the facelifted 997. It could even steal business from the panamera... if they make the cayenne more like a performance sedan.

I would love it if they do it though.

Quote:
    dhayek said:
    Quote:
    Moogle said:
    Dhayek:

no tom, if there was 1% chance that it may not be confirmed, i would have never talked about it. 3 years in rennteam and not even 1 mistake , starting from the first pictures of the f430 worldwide

he has been precise in the past

Quote:
    Moogle said:
    Dhayek:

At leats in the US, there is no such room. Once you add the turbo standard equipement to an S, really not much left (ie <20k).

Not sure why there's all the skepticism. Seems to me such a car would fulfill a market need, and boost up Cayenne sales. Consider the following:
    1) A bunch of folks here wish for more power in their 'S', but don't quite need a Turbo
    2) We see a bunch of folks lower their Cayenne
    3) There's definitely more on-road focus among the Cayenne crowd

I believe ya Dhayek eagerly awaiting what porsche has in store next and what it looks like

Quote:
    Moogle said:
    I believe ya Dhayek eagerly awaiting what porsche has in store next and what it looks like

LOL, probably looks like a cayenne, drives like a cayenne, sounds like a cayenne... let's call it the cayenne GTS, and we've managed to downgraded another three-letter code which used to stand for something top-of the-line in our need to squeeze each and every penny out of the market
    -Joost-

I don't know about using the GTS name, but I think that a lighter rear wheel drive Cayenne would be a nice addition to the Cayenne line. The bulk of Cayenne buyers do not take advantage of its off-road capabilities. It wouldn't be all bad to have a lower, lighter and more performance oriented Cayennne.

Phil

If it's lowered,rear wheel drive biased for on road use only, seats 5 , has less cargo volume than many wagons, not as nice interior fit and finsh vs German competitors why even bother vs E63 wagon or M5/550 wagon or S6/RS6 wagon , all of whom have better driving dynamics due to being sedan , not higher center of gravity "truck" based ? What am I missing ?

For one thing... you would have to be a 60+ year old woman to drive a wagon.

Go ahead and lynch me for not being green but I wouldn't be caught dead in a wagon.

Quote:
    SoCalHoosier said:

Go ahead and lynch me for not being green but I wouldn't be caught dead in a wagon.

If there were a choice for the US market , I would pick a "60+ y/o woman"'s RS6 Wagon over a 35 y/o soccer mom's Cayenne
    Turbo any day.

Quote:
    SoCalHoosier said:

Americans are weird

There is really nothing an SUV can do that a Wagon such as the RS6 can't, except mabye off road (but how many SUV owners really do that? )

Quote:
    Moogle said:
    There is really nothing an SUV can do that a Wagon such as the RS6 can't, except mabye off road (but how many SUV owners really do that? )

I agree . Who is going to buy a $120K SUV and take it rock crawling between and through shrubs and low tree branches ? Most of the OCD " car nuts "on this board probably couldn't even deal with brake dust on their wheels, much less dried mud encrusting the chassis.

Just an FYI

...and...

Sure, the Cayenne is way better configured to go off road than 85% of the expensive "cute utes' out there , but that ain't the Rubicon Trail , which I hike frequently near my Lake Tahoe place. All the Cayenne Turbos I've seen up here are on 18" tires to get over Donner Pass in a snowstorm,but you can do that in a rwd 1972 Buick Le Sabre with a set of snow chains , as some of the lowest -rung working folks up here drive cars of that ilk!

The Cayenne can handle serious trails too ...

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/3/24 3:40 PM
    watt
    802494 1803
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448327 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    265882 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    89890 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6368 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885266 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    831781 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM