Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Mods for my car coming up...

Getting all these installed within the next couple of days.

cargraphic exhaust with 88mm oval rolled tips:

GT3 vent

Dension Gateway 500 iPod interface unit

mods4cars module

Re: Mods for my car coming up...

Good luck Jason. Let us know your feedback on Dension. What's mod4cars?

These exhaust tips look great!

Great mod's indeed. ^_^

But, is that GT3 vent the same as GT2?
    Does it goes on the 997tt easily without any adaption?

Ahhhhh..., I love that stuff; boxes of great-looking polished SS weldments and other "indulgences." Niiiice.

https://www.wilhelmy-it.de/sms/shop/index.php?mode=view&idlistpos=1

mods4cars remote

The link doesn't work..Here's a description of the mods4cars features:

Remote window control: Easy one-touch comfort operation of windows with the original remote on all models (US and Euro) by holding down the power-locks button. No extra remote fob or reprogramming of the key or car is necessary!

On 987 Boxsters the top can be operated in one-touch mode while the car is halted. Also, top operation is not interrupted when coming to a stop.

The "Lock-In" feature locks the doors once the car starts moving. In contrast to the original Porsche feature which can only be enabled or disabled at the dealership, this feature is user-programmable and even better, optionally the doors also unlock when the engine is switched off and the key removed.

Home light XL: The Headlights can be activated for 30 seconds at any time by tapping the trunk button on the remote twice. Tapping the button twice again before the time runs out will switch the lights off immediately.

Trunk button delay: Prevents accidental opening of the trunk in most cases. If activated, the trunk can only be opened by holding down the trunk button on the remote for longer.

Chirp on lock/unlock: If activated, the alarm horn will give brief "chirp"signals when locking/unlocking the car.

Auto-Tilt function for the passenger-side mirror on reverse gear. A great addition for cars without seat-memory.

Passenger window auto-up fix for all cars where the window will only roll up automatically once it is past half way. Usually found on 997 Coupes

User programmable: All features can be individually enabled or disabled. Some also allow different personal preferences to be set. All settings are retained even if the car battery is disconnected.

Shop/Diagnose mode: The chip can be set to be completely passive, as if it was not installed at all. It becomes "invisible" and will not interfere with any dealer diagnostic tools.

Quote:
    OuTLaW_Rules said:
    But, is that GT3 vent the same as GT2?
    Does it goes on the 997tt easily without any adaption?

Yes, I would have thought you would at least need a different front bumper to fit with the vents...

For example:

The GT3 vent won't fit in the Turbo bumper without modifying the bumper. I plan to have a trusted bodyshop do the job for me.

Quote:
    atomic80 said:
    The GT3 vent won't fit in the Turbo bumper without modifying the bumper. I plan to have a trusted bodyshop do the job for me.

Ouch! You are defacing the car IMO! Ricer?

Quote:
    atomic80 said:

I am not that brave Lets see how it will work with you, i might be encouraged

Quote:
    OuTLaW_Rules said:
    Quote:
    atomic80 said:

I am not that brave Lets see how it will work with you, i might be encouraged

Any half-skilled body shop worker with a hacksaw will do the job - that is not the problem. I object on 2 counts: (i) it does not belong there, it is a bastadardization of a car longing for another one and (ii) it may spoil (pun intended) the front end aerodynamics [Note to last point: irrelevant if car is only to be driven in slow slipstreams. ]

What is the purpose of the vent on the GT3, would it serve the same purpose on a TT? Or is it purely cosmetic?

Quote:
    thuggy said:
    What is the purpose of the vent on the GT3, would it serve the same purpose on a TT? Or is it purely cosmetic?

On the GT3 the vent is the exhaust channel of the front air dam and central radiator. No such provision exists on the Turbo.

Weissach pays a lot of attention to the aerodynamic properties of the front bumper, which are responsible for the downforce applied over the front axle. The GT3 grate/exhaust must somehow be balanced by some aero properties of the GT3 spoiler. Same for the Turbo. To tinker blindly is deny Weissach's expertise on the most difficult characteristic of a fast sports car - aerodynamics.

And what about substituting a full GT3 bumper on the Turbo? That could be done, but then again, on the Turbo, would not be balanced with its rear aero properties. These aero things are nasty details of great importance, for those of us who care about good engineering.

But of course, in real life, aerodynamics may not be important for many of these owners who will never need it... these things are for show anyway.

Jason,

Thanks for the remote desc.
    I am sure you have looked into to this but where is the drainge path after vent install?

I eventually plan to put the GT2 bumper on my Turbo so the GT3 vent would be a temporary "measure" purely for cosmestic purposes. Your opinions may vary but personally, I like the way it looks.

If I recall, ADias was one of the naysayers when I put the spacers on my rears. That worked out for me so, your mileage may vary.

Here are some pictures from the install:

Stock mufflers

Intercooler

Rear shot of stock mufflers

Rear bumper

VTG turbine

Intercooler tubing

Parts waiting to be installed

Alternator, belt, etc

Under the belly of the beast

Stock mufflers

997TT without mufflers

cargraphic vs stock mufflers

Prepping the cargraphic system

VTG turbine fans

Up close

Super wide rear tires

Detail shot of belt

Comparing the two

Ready for the new mufflers

Cobalt GT3 parked outside

Detail shot of GT3 vent

Rear shot of GT3

Installing the cells

Dual mufflers in place

Tightening the fasteners

Not aligned yet

VTG turbine shielding

Rear shot of stock mufflers

Side profile shot of car sans rear bumper

Quad tips in place

Detail shot of dual tips

Tightening things up

Things will be all done by tomorrow morning so I won't be able to grab it until the end of the day. Stay tuned!

Tuned! Great sequence.

What a big job!! compliment's!!

congrats Looks great!

great job!!

can't wait to see pics of the tips with bumper on

Jason, that was outstanding. Thanks

Very nice looking car, hows it sound now?

Here's the end result:

Video/sound clip coming soon!

Nice job Jason! Hope you're happy with the end result!

When I went to pick up the car, the car was sitting in the service bay. The service manager said he'd bring it by while I was taking care of the bill. Suddenly, I heard a really loud sound coming from behind me. I asked the service advisor what that was and both of them just looked at me and grinned. I realized then that it was my car! He revved the car a couple times for me and I couldn't stop grinning. It sounds extremely good. A definitely plus for those that like the classic flat-6 sound. In fact, I'd go as far as saying that it almost sounds as good as a friend's RUF 993 albeit not quite as loud.

When I got in the car, I immediately noticed that there wasn't any droning or resonance coming from the rear. I also noticed that there seemed to be a bit more power coming off the line and moving at speed.

I LOVE this exhaust!

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YFYuVyeemM

Jason,

Awesome! Glad you are enjoying your mods! What version of the Cargraphic exhaust is that?

Thanks!

Quote:
    atomic80 said:
    When I went to pick up the car, the car was sitting in the service bay. The service manager said he'd bring it by while I was taking care of the bill. Suddenly, I heard a really loud sound coming from behind me. I asked the service advisor what that was and both of them just looked at me and grinned. I realized then that it was my car! He revved the car a couple times for me and I couldn't stop grinning. It sounds extremely good. A definitely plus for those that like the classic flat-6 sound. In fact, I'd go as far as saying that it almost sounds as good as a friend's RUF 993 albeit not quite as loud.

When I got in the car, I immediately noticed that there wasn't any droning or resonance coming from the rear. I also noticed that there seemed to be a bit more power coming off the line and moving at speed.

I LOVE this exhaust!

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YFYuVyeemM

Enjoy! it will sound even better after a few thousand miles

Great pics and love those tips

Thanks for your nice report.
    Love those tips, they look much nicer than the standard exhaust pipes.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    803662 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448664 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    266257 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90137 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6696 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885964 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    833764 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM