Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: EU Commission plans attack on Sportscar makers

Quote:
    rosso nuvola said:
    and since the US , China and India are doing very litle about that , somebody has to do something.

Yeah and for sure 7mio Swiss citizens are going to balance for 2bio of Chinese/Indian citizens...

Quote:
    Jeannot said:
    Quote:
    rosso nuvola said:
    and since the US , China and India are doing very litle about that , somebody has to do something.

Yeah and for sure 7mio Swiss citizens are going to balance for 2bio of Chinese/Indian citizens...

Now, now, no need to be so discriminating towards the Chinese and Indians. It's actually closer to 2,5 bio. .

Sorry, I can count beyond 1 bio :-)

Quote:
    Jeannot said:
    Sorry, I can count beyond 1 bio :-)

That's ok, no normal person can. To be frank, I think the EU should increase to no more than 500 million, while China and India should both DECREASE to 500 billion. Same goes for Africans. When three quarters of all population are under 16 in some countries, it's time to draw the line. The world can't support more than 3 billion people in the long term, and Africans and Asians reproducing like rabbits doesn't help any .
    If they want to cut emissions, they should reduce the population, but not OUR population.

Quote:
    Jeannot said:
    Quote:
    rosso nuvola said:

I was talking about Europe , and you didnt understand what i was trying to say...

Quote:
    rosso nuvola said:
    Quote:
    Jeannot said:
    Quote:
    rosso nuvola said:

I was talking about Europe , and you didnt understand what i was trying to say...

You know, gasses have this funny quality about them. They tend to float around, not stay in the same place. Meaning that smog clouds from Beijing or Shanghai are often seen in Los Angeles and vice versa. As far as we know, even if global warming really IS caused by us (and I don't believe that anymore - not since I've read some real science), we won't make a dent, even if the whole of Europe shuts down today. The Chinese are opening new powerplants every WEEK, Indians are close behind, then there's Japan, Russia and last, but not least, the United States.

Jeannot understood you correctly, it is you who misunderstood the basic concepts. Now I'm all in favor of cutting greenhouse gases, but if we're going to do that, we need to get at least the US, China and India on board and we need to start a search for alternative solutions, not just shove ourselves back into the stone age.

The EU Commissioners should set an example, but that will never happen because they are moral fraudsters.

Look at their vehicles, travels, homes and just the amount of pollution created to allow them to translate, print and copy tens of thousands of pages everyday.

Naturally since they claim the moral high ground they expect to lead a special existence that is at odds with what they demand others submit to. And some of what they claim is just ridiculous, unworkable,unproven and downright stupid.

They play upon peoples earnest intentions and willingness to be fair and do whats right. Unfortunately much of what they propose is not right, its only right for whatever is needed on their de jour menu of causes celeb to justify their existence.

Hang them all now before their fanciful intentions turns Europe into a financial disaster zone.

Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:
    Hang them all now before their fanciful intentions turns Europe into a financial disaster zone.

How I wish there were enough common sense to do that. Sadly, Europe (or should I say EURABIA) is getting ever worse. If anybody here has access to CNN international, watch it on Saturday (tomorrow) atz 0700 GMT. They are discussing Muslims who demand Shaaria law in the UK, threaten with bomb attacks publicly and claim that Muslims have more right to be in Australia than descendants of convicts. Quite sad, really, and the fact that these people aren't being put in jail or deported just shows what Europe is willing to put up with. If people can tolerate scum such as them, there is no way they will ever budge towards politicians who many believe are actually doing the right thing. Long rant, but sadly true .

Crash.. European birth rates have been declining since
    post WW1 and European politics has a prediliction for appeasement and default acceptance of bizarre ideas.
    That is a cultural phenomenoa I dont have a solution for.

But someone better find one soon for everyones sake. The backlash could be worse than the causes if and when something does happen. Europeans are much more efficient and ruthless at that than any other peoples are.

People fear that if European parents don't start having more kids right now, then Europe might be "overrun" with Arab or Pakistani immigrants (I suppose this is what Crash pointed to).

But there's something worse: Europe might be overrun by the French (we seem to be breeding like rabits lately). Think about it: a whole continent is going to surrender to the French. If THAT does not scare you into having more kids...

Quote:
    The Groom said:
    People fear that if European parents don't start having more kids right now, then Europe might be "overrun" with Arab or Pakistani immigrants (I suppose this is what Crash pointed to).

But there's something worse: Europe might be overrun by the French (we seem to be breeding like rabits lately). Think about it: a whole continent is going to surrender to the French. If THAT does not scare you into having more kids...

Yes, that's what I was referring to. Now, there are people who consider this point of view racist and "not in tune" with the new age of blind tolerance and moronic bliss, but many people agree with this and I think it is about time to stop labelling anybody not in line with the liberal agenda as a racist, xenophobe or worse.

As for the French overrunning us, I agree with Groom, that would be extremely bad, at least from the military point of view :

Just kidding of course !
    I'd much rather be overrun by the French and have good wine and fashion sense all over Europe, than be forced to look at girls wearing towels all day and not knowing when a girl was pretty and when I was supposed to call Greenpeace to push her back into the ocean .
    Granted, we need a few Germans so that there are still some good cars left to buy .

I honestly think such fears are overblown. But it does not matter anyway. When citizen's pensions are on the line, they will be crying for more immigrants.

That, or robots. With fricking laser beams on their heads...

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:

How I wish there were enough common sense to do that. Sadly, Europe (or should I say EURABIA) is getting ever worse. If anybody here has access to CNN international, watch it on Saturday (tomorrow) atz 0700 GMT. They are discussing Muslims who demand Shaaria law in the UK, threaten with bomb attacks publicly and claim that Muslims have more right to be in Australia than descendants of convicts. Quite sad, really, and the fact that these people aren't being put in jail or deported just shows what Europe is willing to put up with. If people can tolerate scum such as them, there is no way they will ever budge towards politicians who many believe are actually doing the right thing. Long rant, but sadly true .

As far as I know the UK was never the entire EU.

Quote:
    Crash said:
    As far as we know, even if global warming really IS caused by us (and I don't believe that anymore - not since I've read some real science)

And what was that real science? There are many organizations that proved over and over again that it is caused by us, even American governmental organizations.

People that simply don't accept that the earth is heating up reminds me of these people here: http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forums/

Quote:
    Walter said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    As far as we know, even if global warming really IS caused by us (and I don't believe that anymore - not since I've read some real science)

And what was that real science? There are many organizations that proved over and over again that it is caused by us, even American governmental organizations.

People that simply don't accept that the earth is heating up reminds me of these people here: http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forums/

Walter, I'm on the side of the undecided. I'm not FOR or AGAINST it. I have read arguments for both and many are compelling. Simply jumping into one camp and saying "stop driving cars!" is stupid, as well as joining another and claiming that it is our birthright to drive SUVs . Is the world heating up? Yes. Is it our fault? We just don't know that for sure.

Quote:
    The Groom said:
    I honestly think such fears are overblown. But it does not matter anyway. When citizen's pensions are on the line, they will be crying for more immigrants.

That, or robots. With fricking laser beams on their heads...

So they better figure out what to do about it. Lock up women inside houses and don't let them out until each has at least 3 babies .

Frankly though, yes, I do realize the pitfallss of a negative demographic trend, but IMO the UK is just a spoiler for what's to come in the whole of Europe if it continues at this rate .

Quote:
    Walter said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:

exactly!
    every bad thing that happens to UK is fault of the EU, and everything good that happens to the UK, as nothing to do with the EU... but that is not the point , MUslins have nothing to do with what we were talking, this new rules are good rules at least Europe is doing something. Cars are not the only ones to blame, but people have to start someore, or maybe we should wait until the US is destroed by the tornados etc , and Europe becomes a desert???
    A freind should me yesterday outside is house a tree with to metters +- , the tree is completely cover with flowers like just before summer, but we are still in January...

Quote:
    rosso nuvola said:
    Quote:
    Walter said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:

exactly!
    every bad thing that happens to UK is fault of the EU, and everything good that happens to the UK, as nothing to do with the EU... but that is not the point , MUslins have nothing to do with what we were talking, this new rules are good rules at least Europe is doing something. Cars are not the only ones to blame, but people have to start someore, or maybe we should wait until the US is destroed by the tornados etc , and Europe becomes a desert???
    A freind should me yesterday outside is house a tree with to metters +- , the tree is completely cover with flowers like just before summer, but we are still in January...

I just used the Muslim extremists (not all Muslims, mind you) as an example of what people were willing to put up with (standign in front of a church and insulting Catholics, the Pope and a host of other things. If people don't get ticked off by that, why would they get ticked off by the EU Commission doing something most believe is actually the right thing to do, despite it being unpopular. But still, Rosso, how will 450 million of EU inhabitants balance out Russia, India, China and the US? We will simply downgrade our lifestyle, while the rest of the world keep getting bigger and better cars. Now, if the entire world decides to do it, then that is entirely different. I hate it how the internet makes clear communication difficult .

I grew up in Austria in the 60's and moved to the US in 74'. My dad still lives in Europe but not in the EU, Andorra. Even from way over here I viewed the creation if the EU as a sad ending to many marvelous cultures and traditions. The more people you put under one umbrella the more you compromise to fit everyone. The greatest common denominator becomes an impossible standard to meet. As a result more and more laws and regulations emerge. Of course those rules which raise revenue are the first enacted but soon, to balance these, you always end up with the humanitarian subsidies and ecological regulations.
    IMHO - The same scientists that claim humans are causing global warming are the ones that 20 years ago predicted the next ICE age was around the corner. Do we pollute - yes, can we possibly spend enough money to alter global climate one way or the other - hell no.
    So what is the solution to all this nonsense and run away political correctness and costly government?

VOTE. As stated earlier in this thread.
    If you want lower or NO taxes, less regulation, more freedom, lower prices, cheaper products, less litigation YOU NAME IT! Just express these requirements and VOTE against anyone who does not represent your goals. I can guarantee we all want the items listed above and we can all have them if we insist that we will vote for nothing less.
    As soon as it is clear that by delivering this one can be elected to office (and have lots of power) there will be someone, eventually, with a successful plan to give us all of it.
    No, it can not happen all at once, but the processes of reversing the current direction can happen very quickly.
    Stick by your guns Europe! Don't let over-regulation destroy your ability to compete in a global market.
    VOTE the power happy nut-jobs that want to tell you how and when to wipe your as# into retirement.
    Can you tell I am a Libertarian? (Not to be confused by liberal)

Best of luck and cheers...

Quote:
    Leawood911 said:
    I grew up in Austria in the 60's and moved to the US in 74'. My dad still lives in Europe but not in the EU, Andorra. Even from way over here I viewed the creation if the EU as a sad ending to many marvelous cultures and traditions. The more people you put under one umbrella the more you compromise to fit everyone. The greatest common denominator becomes an impossible standard to meet. As a result more and more laws and regulations emerge. Of course those rules which raise revenue are the first enacted but soon, to balance these, you always end up with the humanitarian subsidies and ecological regulations.
    IMHO - The same scientists that claim humans are causing global warming are the ones that 20 years ago predicted the next ICE age was around the corner. Do we pollute - yes, can we possibly spend enough money to alter global climate one way or the other - hell no.
    So what is the solution to all this nonsense and run away political correctness and costly government?

VOTE. As stated earlier in this thread.
    If you want lower or NO taxes, less regulation, more freedom, lower prices, cheaper products, less litigation YOU NAME IT! Just express these requirements and VOTE against anyone who does not represent your goals. I can guarantee we all want the items listed above and we can all have them if we insist that we will vote for nothing less.
    As soon as it is clear that by delivering this one can be elected to office (and have lots of power) there will be someone, eventually, with a successful plan to give us all of it.
    No, it can not happen all at once, but the processes of reversing the current direction can happen very quickly.
    Stick by your guns Europe! Don't let over-regulation destroy your ability to compete in a global market.
    VOTE the power happy nut-jobs that want to tell you how and when to wipe your as# into retirement.
    Can you tell I am a Libertarian? (Not to be confused by liberal)

Best of luck and cheers...

Du sieht wie ein Mann mit einem klugen Kopf auf den Schultern . Too bad there are many people who decide on completely trivial matters and fall for the same ploys over and over again. That's why those people stay in power for so long .

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    778024 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442014 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262936 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261177 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85427 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5691 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880847 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    816412 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM