Crown

Board: Porsche Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: CGT on to Beverly Hills - video!!!!

Jseven, I just listened and that is too thin and high pitched to compare to an F1 engine. Don't get me wrong it is awesome and unique.

But I have stood within 30 feet of 1000+ hp F1 cars under full acceleration. They shook the ground. The AWE exhaust on that CGT in the video is as close as you will get to one. The rumble and sheer power of those turbo F1 engines was something I am glad I experienced.

thnx for posting

And to all my screenname refers to a cartoon character and not my driving

Tom you know we are all focusing on the poor behavior in the video scaring people and fishtailing on city streets. It is totally uncalled for. Only jerks do this and the driver is a jerk. LET MY REPEAT. I have never done what this [beep] did.

Regarding Ben the one video clip you refer to is in an area when most of the car enthusiast turn out of the parking lot and accelerate after making the turn. It is expected by all. That is why they have a guy taking a video as they exit. It is on to a highway which has a speed limit of 50mph. If you cannot see the difference situationally between Ben's actions and this guy, then I can only think you do not get it.

Nick I am more scared of the defective lamp posts that the city government of beverly hills insists on using.

Its only a matter of time before they fail their mountings and fall over - crushing the poor, the elderly and some few rich passersbyes.

How much longer must we wait until the weather or harmonics from imported car exhausts creat a calamitous chain reaction!

Just the thought should make the public cringe in fear and remain indooors.

hey ResB, do you have a biger pic of the GT3 RS in white?

I would love to have a 997 RS in this color.

cheers phil

Quote:
    racerx said:
    But maverick I hope you realize that the high speeds that raise eyebrows in this country are daily occurences in Germany.

In Germany, high speed is legal in some highway zones unlike North America. Germans are trained to expect cars approaching from behind at 100-200 mph while North Americans expect 50-100 mph.

Buzzing unsuspecting fellow motorists at 120+ mph in the middle of the night with no guard rails or cement barriers to prevent one from losing control and sliding through the grass median and hitting oncoming traffic is poor form especially from a CGT driver who says,

"Even though I did not know Mr.Keaton personally, for some reason I think of him everytime I get into the CGT...amen."

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Tom you know we are all focusing on the poor behavior in the video scaring people and fishtailing on city streets. It is totally uncalled for. Only jerks do this and the driver is a jerk.

Quote:
    Nico997 said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:
    Tom you know we are all focusing on the poor behavior in the video scaring people and fishtailing on city streets. It is totally uncalled for. Only jerks do this and the driver is a jerk.

Total jerk. He parks in the red, he out just for looking for attention, scares everyone, does not know how to handle the car...

In my book, a jerk.

Quote:
    ha said:
    We have all done some stupid & silly things while driving our cars, however, not too many people have been foolish enough to tape themselves & post it on the net. I'm just wondering, if god forbids this guy gets involved in an accident, wouldn't clips like that be used against him in the US courts?

i know what ya mean ha!
    it's usually the other person posting the vid!
    jeff

ha street racing vid

Love that vid! Ha, you should post more vids of your CGTin action!

Porsche CGT is not dangerous. Ferrari is not dangerous. Lamborghini is not dangerous. Idiots are dangerous!

Quote:
    Atzporsche said:
    yo am i the only one here who liked that clip! man this guy is pretty much doing the same all those fing asians are doing to their civics. you know the whole tuned my 4 banner lawnmoaer engine and fitting a loud ass exhaust on it.. not to mention the unecessary wing on the back

"All those f-ing asians?" Careful. You can be annoyed at the cars but when you bring race into it, it's a different statement. I know some of those cars you are talking about look silly but the way I see it, the only difference between that guy and me and my loud exhaust is about $70,000. Otherwise, I'm sure he loves his car the same way we love ours.

Anyway, I thought the CGT video was fun to watch. The revving around pedestrians reminds me of this: http://www.hornblasters.com/video.php?pic=40

Quote:
    StevenShin said:
    Quote:
    Atzporsche said:
    yo am i the only one here who liked that clip! man this guy is pretty much doing the same all those fing asians are doing to their civics. you know the whole tuned my 4 banner lawnmoaer engine and fitting a loud ass exhaust on it.. not to mention the unecessary wing on the back

"All those f-ing asians?" Careful. You can be annoyed at the cars but when you bring race into it, it's a different statement. I know some of those cars you are talking about look silly but the way I see it, the only difference between that guy and me and my loud exhaust is about $70,000. Otherwise, I'm sure he loves his car the same way we love ours.

Anyway, I thought the CGT video was fun to watch. The revving around pedestrians reminds me of this: http://www.hornblasters.com/video.php?pic=40

Steve,
    I wouldn't worry too much about what some stupid 20 year old says. But, interesting hearing him knock ricers when he's driving an F'ing Ford focus that his parent probably bought for him. .

Quote:
    svtrader1 said:
    Quote:
    StevenShin said:
    Quote:
    Atzporsche said:

Steve,
    I wouldn't worry too much about what some stupid 20 year old says. But, interesting hearing him knock ricers when he's driving an F'ing Ford focus that his parent probably bought for him. .

svtrader1, i was trying to be sarcastic in my first comment, because there were a lot of negative comments previously. I was trying to express how this guy is only enjoying his car, which is awesome, everyone has their own way and right of doing so! people love their ricers, other love their tuned CGTs, others like me currently are spending all their money on the university studies, which is why I (me) brought myself a ford focus. Simply because it was the right thing to do. I sold my used 944 cause it requires a lot of work/time/money in maintainance..

im sorry for maybe going too far here in my sarcasm as
    i am not knocking on ricer cars, but thanks for thinking i am.

nice to know you know my age too though

The drivers in all three of these videos are why Porsche drivers get a bad reputation in the public eye. I've found that it's merely a matter of time before they do something even more stupid and immature which can endanger the public safety further.

Why, do you have a problem with all those f-ing asians??

omg, i don't. read my first post, i was trying to be sarcastic.

Quote:
    Sean Chiang said:
    Why, do you have a problem with all those f-ing asians??

I would say he does when they are the ones blasting away with the fart cans. Saying that doesn't necessarily show racism, but simply a frustration over a stereotypical group. However, if he said something about those "f-ing Asians polluting London", then yes, you would be right to feel insulted.

I've never liked the AWE exhaust on the CGT. Like many of you have said, I just think it sounds horrible.

I'd like to chime in while the sauce is still thickening

1.) Straight pipe CGT sounds far more guttural and vicious. True, the stock CGT has a high-pitched Motorcycle/F1 banshee cry but it doesn't have as much immediacy as the straight pipes. I've seen both, I like both for various different reasons

2.) Whether you enjoyed it or not, this guy is a jerk. Personally, I enjoyed it, but it still doesn't vindicate his actions. I enjoy watching jackass in a completely different sense than I enjoy drinking Brunello.
    Needless to say, if I had a CGT in my stable, I wouldn't idle it about only for track days. That's not completely what the CGT is about. You can get a Catherham or an Ariel Atom for that and pocket a cool 300 grand. What is so special about the CGT is a mixture of its pedigree, its presence and its performance (three Ps, yea I know ).
    Some people flaunt it more juvenille than others, but to each his own

Quote:
    Hurst said:
    I've seen both, I like both for various different reasons

You heard both, didn't you?
    Judging from the video, I clearly prefer the stock exhaust. In fact it has a presence in real life that cannot be captured on video / audio tracks of that quality.

Quote:
    Hurst said:
    2.) Whether you enjoyed it or not, this guy is a jerk.

As long as the jerk is driving a souped-up import, he is not taken seriously. Seeing someone like this at the wheel on such a powerful & expensive car makes people sick. Apart from the fiscal aspects, I don't think that he knows what he's doing.

Quote:
    MAVERICK said:
    Quote:
    racerx said:
    But maverick I hope you realize that the high speeds that raise eyebrows in this country are daily occurences in Germany.

In Germany, high speed is legal in some highway zones unlike North America. Germans are trained to expect cars approaching from behind at 100-200 mph while North Americans expect 50-100 mph.

Buzzing unsuspecting fellow motorists at 120+ mph in the middle of the night with no guard rails or cement barriers to prevent one from losing control and sliding through the grass median and hitting oncoming traffic is poor form especially from a CGT driver who says,

"Even though I did not know Mr.Keaton personally, for some reason I think of him everytime I get into the CGT...amen."

+1, I was thinking the same thing. Enjoying high speed runs down the Autobahn designed to handle such speeds and contain high speed accidents without endangering other lanes are a lot different than doing 200 MPH on "probably" a 75 MPH speed limit US highway with no such barriers to keep this high speed projectile from inflicting damage to countless others.

Quote:
    harryo2b said:
    Quote:
    MAVERICK said:
    Quote:
    racerx said:

+1, I was thinking the same thing. Enjoying high speed runs down the Autobahn designed to handle such speeds and contain high speed accidents without endangering other lanes are a lot different than doing 200 MPH on "probably" a 75 MPH speed limit US highway with no such barriers to keep this high speed projectile from inflicting damage to countless others.

the guy is a jerk(i said it before), BUT unlike what some of you think;

THIS GUY IS DISPLAYING GREAT CONTROL OVER THE CGT from a drving skill standpoint in video 1. Most would have overcooked it on the city turn where he fishtails or stalled at the lights. THE GUY KNOWS HOW TO TECHNICALLY DRIVE THE CGT.

Video #3 is too dark to know whether there is an armco barrier in the center of the grass median area or not, some roads have one there.

In general;

Most US highways have armco barriers or concrete barriers where deemed necessary by our highway engineers and opposing lanes are divided by a wide swath of land.

I don't believe there is a difference between autobahn and US interstate, (both well mantained or recently paved, with the same level of traffic) that would result in a different outcome for driver of 200 mph exotic crash and for other users of road.

Looks like any highway in the US that I have driven on;

http://gettingaroundgermany.home.att.net/autobahn.htm

The highways that i am used to near me are all well built divided by wide medians of obstructions, armcoed in built up areas, lit well etc.... That influences my view in comparison to the autobahn.

Personally though i have no desire to drive at those super high speeds.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    776836 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441572 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262702 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260846 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85124 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5520 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880567 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    815723 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM