Re: Porsche 991.2 Carrera S (Facelift) - Short Driving Report

Looks good! kiss Go for it.

--

2015 981 Cayman GT4 | White | Full Bucket Seats | Sport Chrono
    2014 991 Carrera 4S | Dark Blue Metallic | PDK | Sport Chrono | SPASM

Targa rocks! 

--

1992 964 Carrera 2 - 2014 Mercedes A45 AMG - 2013 Mini Cooper S - Cayman GT4 (soon)

agree - one of the best looking in 911 in dark colors with the silver Targa contrast kiss

So much Sun in San Diego I'd go with a lighter color. Yellow maybe, definitely consider pdcc. Specing a targa is not easy, it adds up fast. Get what makes you happy.

nberry:

IMG_0727.JPG

For the times they are a-changin' ... Smiley

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Rossi:
    nberry:

IMG_0727.JPG

For the times they are a-changin' ... Smiley

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Yep, back in the day they didn't have anything like as much smog in San Diego as we see in that new shot. Smiley

--

fritz

Thanks for the report and very similar to my own thoughts after having driven the 991.2. Targa looks great however! I like the black theme. But with that sweater it clashes with the red steel breaks. You need PCCB indecision

I decided to buy the Targa. I done my preliminary spec and will order Tuesday which is a May allocation.

Still wrestling with some issue particularly interior color of Sapphire Blue Metallic exterior. My wife and sales person suggest I go with the new interior color Graphite Blue/Chalk. I am trending toward Luxor Beige/black. Any thoughts would be appreciated. 

The option costs are crazy. If I order the recommended options I would be well over $155,000. The base price is $122,000.Smiley

They want $750 to paint the side skirts. Worth it?

Seat belts in silver are $540.Smiley

Since I am the only one to drive the car why should I get the power sport seat 14 way with memory? $2320.

Steering column casing in leather. $435 Do I need that?

Door panel in leather $690.

I opted not to go with an upgrade sound system since it is a convertible and has SE. Mistake?

Obviously much is personal but if anyone has experience with these add on I would appreciate your opinion.

--

Of little, to make much: That is the dream of a human life.

If you select all leather interior for bi color  luxor/ black, that is in standard leather. Keep in mind that maybe for 1500 more you can order leather to sample in natural/semi aniline leather, perhaps look at semi anoline bi color cork/black in leather to sample. Just an idea. Also you can order the interior in black with deviating seat leather color front and rear,. Pioneer has many samples of special order leather, look through them it's not a unreasonable or too costly of a upgrade to get a unique 911.

Leather steering column covers are known noise makers when they get very dry in socal., suggest leather sunvisors instead..

Nick,  consider Graphite Blue/Chalk interior.  Saw it on a car at my dealer--stunning and refreshing.

The cost difference between natural leather and leather isn't that great but when I viewed them side by side you hardly could tell the difference. yes

Wonderbar, I agree the Graphite blue/chalk is a terrific color combination. As you said it is clean and refreshing. I have viewed the combination with Sapphire Metallic Blue over and over again and it is a great match. However, I didn't feel it gave the interior enough "punch" when matched against the exterior color. The Luxor/Beige really stands out making the car look richer and substantial. I'll probably go with the Beige color. kiss

Still debating paying $1500 for a Bose surround sound. More often then not I will be driving with the top down and with the sport exhaust on. Not sure a good sound system will mean much. Besides the standard system can't be that bad.indecision

--

The catch is that leather to sample gives you more.color choices as Porsche has a.huge inventory of different colors and shades. Standard leather has a colored surface finish. Semi aniline leather is actually dyed and stays supple and soft over time. 

Graphite blue/chalk

Screen Shot 2016-04-03 at 9.40.24 PM.png

Black/Luxor Beige

Screen Shot 2016-04-03 at 9.40.40 PM.png

Espresso/Cognac

Screen Shot 2016-04-03 at 9.40.56 PM.png

chalk is the sharpest, but as long as you don't wear jeans they will be finesmiley

--

I would do the leather sun visors for sure, personally I would also add the leather door panels and leather mirror, leather dash. Steering column is one I would skip as the column surround isn't in the sight line so I would be able to see those leather anyway.

--

You forgot black and creme smiley  Nick look at the.different leather color combos for cayennes  and panameras.. porsche will do those colors and variations of them for a 991 if you like.

My recommendation: Don't mix too many colors and look for contrasting shades.

BTW - Are you getting Carbon brakes? . One of my pet peeves is having brake calipers that don't match with the rest of the car (interior included).

nberry:

I decided to buy the Targa. I done my preliminary spec and will order Tuesday which is a May allocation.

Still wrestling with some issue particularly interior color of Sapphire Blue Metallic exterior. My wife and sales person suggest I go with the new interior color Graphite Blue/Chalk. I am trending toward Luxor Beige/black. Any thoughts would be appreciated. 

The option costs are crazy. If I order the recommended options I would be well over $155,000. The base price is $122,000.Smiley

They want $750 to paint the side skirts. Worth it?

Seat belts in silver are $540.Smiley

Since I am the only one to drive the car why should I get the power sport seat 14 way with memory? $2320.

Steering column casing in leather. $435 Do I need that?

Door panel in leather $690.

I opted not to go with an upgrade sound system since it is a convertible and has SE. Mistake?

Obviously much is personal but if anyone has experience with these add on I would appreciate your opinion.

--

Nick, 

I would avoid painted sideskirts. 

Regarding exterior paint choose what you like. Check out this IMO very nice combination of exterior color and wheels from rennlist.

Agreed! Brake calipers match interior . I love the wheels. Very nice indeed!

1459772777372image.pngSuch a beautiful car. Congrats for your good taste. 

Personally I would choose this for its classic almost vintage looks

Guys, I really appreciate the input.kiss

Nick, how did you do that? I tried to take pictures of the configurator and it was having none of it.indecision

My first choice was the Expresso/Cognac but when we matched it against the beige the Expresso came out too orange.. The leather visors is something I will consider. I am getting the entire dash in black leather with the beige stitching.

I decided on the Classic wheels.

Jim, I looked at many of the leather offerings. Nothing more ally jump off at me.

I did not get the Carbon brakes. I wonder if I can get the calipers to match the interior.

I did get the smaller steering wheel with the information buttons. 

Much of what I decide is based on my history of keeping cars two years or less. I get bored and want to try something different. So I tend not to load up the car with options.

--

"I did not get the Carbon brakes. I wonder if I can get the calipers to match the interior".

You won't get the calipers in different colours from the factory, but there are company's which will repaint your calipers for you.
    I believe some of them operate an exchange scheme in Europe, to reduce the turnaround time. You might want to look into that possibility for the US market. 

--

fritz

@Nick,

I did command-shift-4 on my Mac to do a selective screen cap indecision

--

Nick thanks. Smiley

Fritz, I appreciate the information. I doubt I would go through the time and expense to repaint the calipers.

--

side targa.jpgtarga interior.jpgHere is what it what it will look like.my targa 3.jpg

--

Looking at it in the 3D configurator (full screen, the inset mode is garbage in the current configurator), which gives more options of viewing angles, I think the graphite blue/chalk interior is the more coherent design with sapphire blue, particularly without the PCCB.

But, it's entirely a personal choice, so, whatever suits you is best.

I agree the graphite is a more "coherent" option. They had a car with this interior and I sat in it for a while to get the feel of it. My view was no doubt the graphite is an excellent choice but I thought more for a sedan rather than a sport car. FWIW, my wife and sales person initially tried to steer me to graphite.

Sport cars to me should have some "pop" visually. They should look sporty and exciting. I did not buy this car for performance (though it has plenty). I bought it because I always loved the look of the Porsche Targa and it has been on my bucket list. Now that I am buying one, I want it to be as exciting as I can make it.kiss

--

Ask for LWB in the Targa 

--

nberry:

I agree the graphite is a more "coherent" option. They had a car with this interior and I sat in it for a while to get the feel of it. My view was no doubt the graphite is an excellent choice but I thought more for a sedan rather than a sport car. FWIW, my wife and sales person initially tried to steer me to graphite.

Sport cars to me should have some "pop" visually. They should look sporty and exciting. I did not buy this car for performance (though it has plenty). I bought it because I always loved the look of the Porsche Targa and it has been on my bucket list. Now that I am buying one, I want it to be as exciting as I can make it.kiss

Awesome news ! 

Whoopsy:

Ask for LWB in the Targa 

Nick, clue me in. What does LWB refer to?Smiley

--

Nick, he's pulling your leg.  Long wheel base=lwb. Watch out for Canadians, they will try to sell you heated floor mats and a extended warranty for your glove box light. If whoopsy owned that dealership he'd have parking meters installed on its lot so be forewarned.indecision 

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    812354 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    452767 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    272870 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    91949 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    8590 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

891023 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    849239 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM