Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Bentley GT

CGX car nut:
    W8MM:
    Whoopsy:
    W8MM:

What's the latest scoop on the 2020 Flying Spur Hybrid?

When the Taycan arrives to replace my Panamera Turbo S e-Hybrid, I'll need something in the garage that can do 3-500 mile trips.  The Arnage is the natural current car to flip (no AWD), so thinking Flying Spur Hybrid would be the ticket.

Mike, you are such a tall guy, you might not fit in the Taycan Smiley

Time will tell!

This is Porsche, not Lamborghini.  However, I have always found the Cayman a bit shorter in leg room than the Boxster for some reason.  I have not sat in either 718 variant as they hold absolute zero appeal to me.  Segueing to the Bentley, I have only seen one, during a private invite event nearly one year ago.  The car is quite striking but in person, for some reason, looks larger than the outgoing model.  

180 cm at the rear seats -> Taycan -> good luck

--

AM

The farmer:

Finally the car has arrived in Sweden. Mine is the one furthest to the leftkisssmiley

E6D82E07-8327-4DFA-9613-08CB0D2F9FD5.jpeg

Excellent car - cool colour Smiley

--

AM

ALDO:
    W8MM:
    ALDO:

The Flying Spur will be introduced in 2020. V8 and W12. SWB and LWB. Will look more like a 4 door Coupé.

I am wondering how a much smaller car like Taycan can replace your Panamera?

Are you thinking Tesla Model X?????

Model X - no, no, nooooooo - you mean to replace the Panamera with a Model X? NO 

I am a big fan of the Panamera, it has enough room and is very sporty. The Taycan is much smaller and also one level below the Panamera regarding the used materials and finishes.

The new Flying Spur with SWB and V8 could be a very attractive alternative to the Panamera. It is even a one level higher regarding interior. But it is not a BEV.

The Taycan would become my daily driver (as the Panamera is, now), so I don't need to worry very often about the rear seat passengers.  The 2020 Flying Spur would be the "go-out-to-the-theater-with-another-couple" car.  That's the present function for the Arnage.  The only problem with the Arnage is the lack of AWD for winter-season long trips that I now do in the Panamera.  Otherwise I would keep the Arnage.

I have been tempted to buy a Tesla S, X, or 3 before the Taycan became a reality.  I really like the refuel-at-home aspect of BEVs and I really enjoy Tesla-level acceleration.  Most USA traffic opportunity maneuvers respond to acceleration instead of top speed, so BEVs are cool.

I would really like a Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid drive train in a Bentley.  I'm hoping the 2020 Flying Spur will have that option, or at least some hybrid that's quick.

--

Mike

918 Spyder + 991.2 GT2 RS +Tesla Roadster 1.5 & Model S P100D AP2 + Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid +  BMW Z8 + BMW 3.0 CSi + Bentley Arnage T

Another high end Panamera sale cannibalized by a Taycan... this is just the beginning... Porsche profit in this trade goes from $70k to about zero?

SciFrog:

Another high end Panamera sale cannibalized by a Taycan... this is just the beginning... Porsche profit in this trade goes from $70k to about zero?

Huh?

He already have a high end Panamera, Porsche sold one to him already. 

Mike is is buying a Taycan instead of a Tesla..............

How is that stealing a sale? The Taycan stole another sale from Tesla.

--

The Panamera goes and the Tesla, the Bentley comes in with the Taycan. No more Panamera sales.

Whoopsy:
    SciFrog:

Huh?

Mike is is buying a Taycan instead of a Tesla..............

And Porsche sold him one already before the Taycan. 

How is that stealing sales?

The Bentley is the one stealing sales from Panamera and Taycan.

Ad he buys a Taycan instead of a Tesla, so that's a direct sale steal from Tesla.

--

W8MM:

I have been tempted to buy a Tesla S, X, or 3 before the Taycan became a reality.  I really like the refuel-at-home aspect of BEVs and I really enjoy Tesla-level acceleration. 

Yeah refuelling at home is pretty cool. My wife has a PHEV Volvo. Just plug in and that's it. She could drive to work, in the city, to golf club or to friends all in pure electric.

I have been also thinking of S, X and 3. But X is somehow out of proportions, doesn't look so nice despite the cool doors. The 3 is small and very cheap built, lot of cheap plastics.  The Taycan is little bit larger then model 3 but is much more luxury. A very nice daily car.

--

AM

The issue with Porsche luxury is the number of boxes to be ticked. 

Sure, you sit in a Tesla and the second thought is...this is not to a Mercedes level in terms of finish. 

Tesla, if clever can still take a good share of the EV sales but first thing is to really improve the finish and material inside. 

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual, 991 GT3 2014(sold)

Cayenne GTS 2014

I am sure they know that, the beauty is they can just turn the dial any month they want and bam, better interior... Other would have to wait for a cycle refresh, 3 to 4 years.

SciFrog:

I am sure they know that, the beauty is they can just turn the dial any month they want and bam, better interior... Other would have to wait for a cycle refresh, 3 to 4 years.

Hmm they can't.

First of all they don't have the money to do it. 

Second they are stuck with this platform for a while, and can't really improve the interior much. It's not just the material used, it's also the layout and mount points and hard points. The Model S has been in production since 2012, and the interior hasn't changed one iota. That's 7 years, everyone else has done at least one refresh if not 2.

Who is the one stuck with their design again?

--

Actually the interior has evolved in term of fit and finish... Plus they don’t use leather so there is a level they will never reach and clearly their customers have not asked for it.

A normal car company improved the fit and finish from a pre-production car to a production car, jus saying.

When they first came out, they had a fit and finish quality not even a Tata car plant would approve and let out the door.

But it's not even the leather part. 

My old BMW 330xi doesn't have a leather dash either, but the plastic quality is lightyears ahead of the material used Innside a Tesla.

Come to think of it, the Prius taxi I just rode home in, have a higher quality interior than a Tesla.

--

SciFrog:

Don't be naive SciFrog, things do not work that way, when have you seen that happen in the auto industry?, more so in an american car's interior after all these years? and even more so in a Tesla interior?

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

Whoopsy:

A normal car company improved the fit and finish from a pre-production car to a production car, jus saying.

When they first came out, they had a fit and finish quality not even a Tata car plant would approve and let out the door.

But it's not even the leather part. 

My old BMW 330xi doesn't have a leather dash either, but the plastic quality is lightyears ahead of the material used Innside a Tesla.

Come to think of it, the Prius taxi I just rode home in, have a higher quality interior than a Tesla.

But this is Tesla Nick, the Chuck Norris of the auto industry, they can even do it through one of their OTA updates that solve everything Smiley

--

I would love to see a OTA update that improves the fit and finish and material used inside the car magically.smiley

--

Whoopsy:

I would love to see a OTA update that improves the fit and finish and material used inside the car magically.smiley

That is what I meant, Tesla can do that through their OTA's I bet Smiley, just look at what they were able to accomplish through their latest OTA Smiley

https://insideevs.com/tesla-fart-toilet-humor-mode/

--

The Tesla hate is strong with Nick. I have never seen anything like it. Wow. Just a bit on the irrational side. 

Leawood911:

The Tesla hate is strong with Nick. I have never seen anything like it. Wow. Just a bit on the irrational side. 

It's not really a hate toward Tesla, It's just that some (a lot or even most) Tesla owners are utter fanatics who think Musk is God and their cars are the Bible and it rubs most people (who still look at thinks in a sober way)rubs the wrong way.

and anti Tesla's  reflet the exact same opposite ....

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm -- 991.2 GT3 RS 

The Tesla X would sell much better if it looked differently...still looks like a Minivan, a no go for many people. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

Whoopsy:

Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

The fit and finish difference is greatly exaggerated unless you compare to the top of the line Germans (which again have leather), but anyway clearly the Tesla buyers just don’t care that much. I am not a fan of the plastics around and inside the center cubby, but no deal breaker. Dash, doors and seats are perfectly fine.

Why does everything lead to Tesla? This is a Bentley GT thread. So disappointing talking abut batteries in a thread meant to celebrate engineering & coachmanship. C'mon....

Although I sell these batteries....angry

Upsa:

Although I sell these batteries....angry

Smiley Smiley

--

Upsa:

Why does everything lead to Tesla? This is a Bentley GT thread. So disappointing talking abut batteries in a thread meant to celebrate engineering & coachmanship. C'mon....

I don't get that either... Smiley

A couple of weeks ago, we were in a group of people, talking about cars and I mentioned that I'm getting a Lamborghini. One of the guys asked me why I'm not getting a Tesla S because it is faster off the line. I mean, c'mon, seriously? Smiley I tried to explain but he kind of didn't get the point, for him only the numbers and "future tech" (what ever crap he mumbled) counted. Smiley Some people just don't get sports cars anymore, this is a reality we need to face.

--

368278F8-4A51-4D56-BC0E-69DB8BF49F9C.jpeg
    99F10D8D-60E4-4C3E-8933-323614EB7616.jpegLet’s return to Bentley.

--

AM

Oh yes, the interior is superb. kiss

Basically a classier Panamera.

--

Upsa:

Oh come on, it's not your first day here in Rennteam. Every thread goes every which way, always. Smiley

Be glad we are not talking about R8 or chest hair here.Smiley

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    804291 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448791 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    266465 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90196 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6808 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

886200 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    834777 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM