Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: 997TT / Ferrari 430

So, the people that drive their M5's to where I work are nuts?... I don't think so. Or the 3 or 4 people that have the new vipers?.... they are driveable daily cars that give you the boest of both worlds. The TURBO is perfect for driving to work. It's 4wd...... tell me you wouldn't want that thing in the rain?.... tell me you wouldn't want that car in the snow?... it works better than a 200hp bmw z4 in the snow or rain.... anyone with a bmw knows this.

it's 4qwd is the major aspect that makes it handle better than most super cars.

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    W211 said:
    Inferiority complex belongs to those who drive cars for the image (look at me silly colours hear my engine loud convertibles).

So, in short, Nick Berry, driving a bright yellow, very loud, convertible Ferrari F430 Spider.

Nothing personal really. My statement may apply to Nick Berry but mostly to the many posers out there who are just starving for attention.

Quote:
    0two9 said:
    So, the people that drive their M5's to where I work are nuts?... I don't think so. Or the 3 or 4 people that have the new vipers?.... they are driveable daily cars that give you the boest of both worlds. The TURBO is perfect for driving to work. It's 4wd...... tell me you wouldn't want that thing in the rain?.... tell me you wouldn't want that car in the snow?... it works better than a 200hp bmw z4 in the snow or rain.... anyone with a bmw knows this.

There are many AWD cars for a lot less money, more cost efficient and safer. None of which are high performance sport cars. Tell me with traffic congestion being what is in during peak hours where does one get the performance out of a high performance car? Playing with himself?

Yes I deliberately choose a yellow Ferrari car because it is beautiful, desired by everyone on the planet and driven as a reward for my modicum of success. Like it or not a car in many ways describes you as a person.

I cherish the moments I drive it (now 3800 miles) and do not consider it transportation. It is a haven away from the daily grind.

I think the performance enthusiasts will never understand why the posers enjoy buying cars to show off, and the posers will never comprehend why the enthusiasts enjoy the daily supercar performance.

Different passion for different people.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Yes I deliberately choose a yellow Ferrari car because it is beautiful, desired by everyone on the planet and driven as a reward for my modicum of success. Like it or not a car in many ways describes you as a person.

So, you're yellow, loud, and over the top?

Quote:
    SoCal Alan said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:

Boy am I ever! I am headed out in about five minutes and engage is in some serious head turning.

I wonder if I bought a 997TT would that make me an enthusiast and not a poseur? What do people think when a person in a suit driving around in traffic in a car with a wing on its back scripted TURBO!

I just drove home from work in another country at legal speeds of up to 310 kph showing on the speedo. I certainly need the performance and horsepower for work trips. I also drive the same car on the NBR were it leaves Ferraris behind in the dry and by a much greater margin in the wet.

I drove my car in December on the Ring in -2c with icy rain at a fast and safe rate. In these condition and speeds an F430 would.......???

Quote:
    nberry said:
    However, anyone who would use a 480hp high performance sport car as a daily car is either insane, delusional (look at me I am a boy racer see tubo written on the back with wing ) or suffers from an inferiority complex (look at me I am someone important I drive a Porsche TT to work).

Good joke

Quote:
    In these condition and speeds an F430 would.......???

4 wheel drive ,, good point!

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    SoCal Alan said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:

Boy am I ever! I am headed out in about five minutes and engage is in some serious head turning.

I wonder if I bought a 997TT would that make me an enthusiast and not a poseur? What do people think when a person in a suit driving around in traffic in a car with a wing on its back scripted TURBO!

I havent tried an F430, but have been for a ride in a 360 Spider, Nick, have you ever tried a Murci? would seem like a good choice since u take it strictly for fun in nice weather...talk about turning heads!

Quote:
    SoCal Alan said:

crash wrote:
    You, Sir, have no idea what you're talking about. The forced induction vs. naturally aspirated argument, used in the way you've used it, belongs to fanboy boards, not an educated, high-quality board, such as Rennteam. Turbocharged vs. naturally aspirated is a decision, made by the designer. Ever heard of the GT3?

yes i have crash, as i already have one! and even saying that, it still needs wings to catch my F-car!

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    0two9 said:

There are many AWD cars for a lot less money, more cost efficient and safer. None of which are high performance sport cars. Tell me with traffic congestion being what is in during peak hours where does one get the performance out of a high performance car? Playing with himself?

I cherish the moments I drive it (now 3800 miles) and do not consider it transportation. It is a haven away from the daily grind.

"desired by everyone on the planet"

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    W211 said:
    Quote:
    Targa Tim said:
    The reason they are not doing so is they don't want to pay more for a lesser car.

Well said Tim.

Sorry Tim that dog will not hunt. Many Porsche owners in the US would love to step up to a Ferrari and are unable to do so because of availablity and affordability.

The 997TT is a 911 with more power than other 911's. Nothing more. It is vanilla car on testosterone that buyers own to show other 911 owners their appendage is bigger than theirs.

David are you trying to be civil to me as opposed to trying to get me banned?

otwo9 good analysis. However, anyone who would use a 480hp high performance sport car as a daily car is either insane, delusional (look at me I am a boy racer see tubo written on the back with wing ) or suffers from an inferiority complex (look at me I am someone important I drive a Porsche TT to work).

Hey Nick, can you please explain why you're the only person on rennteam with your viewpoints on Porsche? Noone really takes you seriously because you're just one person with your own twisted psychology. It's not like there's even two people that share your viewpoints. I'm sure other Ferrari owners are embarrased by you. Notice they don't have the same viewpoint or support you. So I ask, why do you think that is? As for me, the answer is clear. All I have to do is look at your picture. You must've suffered a lot of abuse in your childhood. You may have been that kid in high school that everyone picked on. The "butt of jokes," as it were. Perhaps you were ignored by your parents. Definitely had a problem with girls. I wouldn't be surprised if you're a virgin. So what's your explanation? Why are you the only person out of hundreds on rennteam with your viewpoint?

BTW, I, like most Porsche owners could buy a F430 if I really really wanted one, granted we'd have to wait in line just like everyone else.

Great philospher once wrote " HELL IS TRUTH SEEN TO LATE."

Many Porsche owners have that problem. Also, I would not jump to conclusions regarding my personal life and what other think.

For someone with such a low opinion of Porsche owners you sure do spend a lot of time talking to them. Its interesting to see that whenever you post replies to RC's Mr. Turbo threads you praise him and his 997tt, yet everywhere else you bash on the car like its your job. Trying to keep from being banned again are we? Why don't you take your negativity elswhere?

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Great philospher once wrote " HELL IS TRUTH SEEN TO LATE."

Many Porsche owners have that problem. Also, I would not jump to conclusions regarding my personal life and what other think.

You have never answered my question. Noone else is like you here on rennteam.com, not other Ferrari owners, not Lambo owners, nada....why? Why don't you hazard a guess?

BTW, I don't have to jump to any conclusions. Famous saying: SEEING IS BELIEVING

Quote:
    trip said:
    For someone with such a low opinion of Porsche owners you sure do spend a lot of time talking to them. Its interesting to see that whenever you post replies to RC's Mr. Turbo threads you praise him and his 997tt, yet everywhere else you bash on the car like its your job. Trying to keep from being banned again are we? Why don't you take your negativity elswhere?

Such is the existence and purpose in life of a troll. He should at least be banned from the Porsche boards. I don't think he's ever posted anything useful. Can we take a vote?

Well you've got my vote!

I for one, would like to keep Nick on all the boards. I love to be entertained by his idiotic comments , hypocritical points of view , and need for attention .

Hey guys, I have been reading this stuff. It sounds like two kids arguing who they like more, their mother or their father. They are different. I have driven a Porsche Turbo as my daily driver since an '89 930 factory slantnose cab. I will keep my 996tts cab while picking up my 997tt in 3 weeks. When I drove my 360 yellow spider for the first drive (my third Ferrari), I felt like a rock star (I am not). I had to talk with everybody beside me at every red light. I couldn't come out to it a parking lot without being asked by an assemnbled group how fast it went, how much it cost, etc. I went home after 30 minutes exhausted from the attention. I now drive it only in the countryside to listen to the engine and feel the poetry. I get a buzz still everytime I fire up a Ferrari. Would I drive it as my daily driver? No. On a sunny day in the country side? Nothing better.

OK, I am fortunate to have both. But if you only have a mother or a father.....love him/her and don't try to say the one you have is better than the one you don't. It sounds a bit silly since they are so different and both world class in their own ways.

My opinion.

David

First of all, Nick is a Porsche owner AND a Ferrari owner.

Secondly, if his questions or commentary annoys you thats too bad, get over it. Rennteam is not some sort of quasi
    700 Club Porsche board.

You dont have to agree or disagree with what he says, and you shouldnt wrap yourself around your tailpipe about it.

The fact that Nick Berry spends so much time here says it all, doesn't it?

Don't know who Nick is. Glad he's got both to enjoy. My comments were about the thread of a couple of days from a number of people. Doesn't bother me. Just expressing my views like others.

David

David

Quote:
    But if you only have a mother or a father.....love him/her and don't try to say the one you have is better than the one you don't. It sounds a bit silly since they are so different and both world class in their own ways.

Very well said

Please don't ban Nick, he is entertaining!!

"Yes I deliberately choose a yellow Ferrari car because it is beautiful, desired by everyone on the planet and driven as a reward for my modicum of success. Like it or not a car in many ways describes you as a person."

Very interesting view points. I think the guy truly believes all Porsche owners do envy his 430 which is why he hangs out here.

We all have our different viewpoints. My Enzo friend thinks only the Dino, F40, Enzo are real Ferraris, the rest are only poor man's models. Each to his own I suppose.

That's it! They are all bought by someone with a dream and a heartbeat. Why knock that?

Quote:
    Artistboy said:
    Hey guys, I have been reading this stuff. It sounds like two kids arguing who they like more, their mother or their father. They are different. I have driven a Porsche Turbo as my daily driver since an '89 930 factory slantnose cab. I will keep my 996tts cab while picking up my 997tt in 3 weeks. When I drove my 360 yellow spider for the first drive (my third Ferrari), I felt like a rock star (I am not). I had to talk with everybody beside me at every red light. I couldn't come out to it a parking lot without being asked by an assemnbled group how fast it went, how much it cost, etc. I went home after 30 minutes exhausted from the attention. I now drive it only in the countryside to listen to the engine and feel the poetry. I get a buzz still everytime I fire up a Ferrari. Would I drive it as my daily driver? No. On a sunny day in the country side? Nothing better.

OK, I am fortunate to have both. But if you only have a mother or a father.....love him/her and don't try to say the one you have is better than the one you don't. It sounds a bit silly since they are so different and both world class in their own ways.

My opinion.

David

Well said.

If I could have both a Porsche 997TT and a Ferrari F430, I would drive the 997TT to work everyday and enjoy the Ferrari on the weekends. Nothing wrong with both cars. I don't see the need to knock the other car or their owners. They both have their strengths and weaknesses. Why can't we all have respect and courtesy towards both cars and their owners?

Quote:
    W211 said:
    Please don't ban Nick, he is entertaining!!

"Yes I deliberately choose a yellow Ferrari car because it is beautiful, desired by everyone on the planet and driven as a reward for my modicum of success. Like it or not a car in many ways describes you as a person."

Very interesting view points. I think the guy truly believes all Porsche owners do envy his 430 which is why he hangs out here.

We all have our different viewpoints. My Enzo friend thinks only the Dino, F40, Enzo are real Ferraris, the rest are only poor man's models. Each to his own I suppose.

Has your friend actually driven a Dino? They were awful then and even worse now. And what kind of Ferrari lover would not mention the Daytona?

I dont agree with Nicks color choice, I thinkj it makes the car look like a Paris Hilton handbag, but it is a stinking good car and makes a very good self awarded trophy.

Go see 50 late model Porsches on a large car lot and the brand sinks deep to the point that Nick is talking about. On that matter, hes dead nuts right.

No one denied here that the F430 is a real nice car...Indeed it is, but bashing porsche in general all the time can't be taken seriously by educated persons.

Despite that, Nick always bringing down porsche, it is annoying, entertaining even funny at some time, because he relentlessly do it with poor arguments... And coming from a F owners does not improve the image of some of them - unfortunately.

Being ridiculous doesn't kill as we say here -- He seems to enjoy it at the very least, after writing more than 2000 posts on bashing porsche.

I dunno if it makes feel him more important, more intelligent, superior...to own a F430 spider? What is for sure is that when he drives it, he does not like to be discreet as he mentioned in an earlier post in this thread; it is the perfect object (yellow F430 spider) to show off, to demonstrate how successfull he is.

He has a definit need for attention and it looks like the yellow F430 spider is not enough , so he comes down to rennteam forum for some more!

I doubt he ever track his car, he probably go from la jolla to la jolla, to park his car and look people look at it!

Continually saying I have the better car between the the both is very childish. Indeed, both car have their strengths and weaknesses...

I don't know if realize that he is really starting to look like a fool . He is the "bouffon" of rennteam

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/3/24 3:40 PM
    watt
    802456 1803
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448315 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    265870 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    89879 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6348 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885244 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    831683 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM