Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Have any turbos shown up at U.S. dealers yet?

and if not, has anyone waiting for a launch car been given definite news about when their car will be delivered? My car remains sitting at the port in the U.S. and the salesman hasn't been able to find out any info on delivery to the dealership

Re: Have any turbos shown up at U.S. dealers yet?

My friends launch TT was delivered to the dealer today and will be released to her on the 24th. I'm on my way to see it now - Melbourne, FL

My dealers launch car lands tomorrow for display purposes and my car arrives at the dealer on Tuesday of next week. I'll pick it up on the 4th of July...:-)

Quote:
    baboo said:
    My friends launch TT was delivered to the dealer today and will be released to her on the 24th. I'm on my way to see it now - Melbourne, FL

I sure hope you don't forget to bring your camera!!

I guess I can answer my own question

Just read that Legend Porsche on Long Island just got delivery of their launch turbo. Guess they're on there way.

Re: I guess I can answer my own question

Baboo,

Which dealer in Florida has a TT? I'll be on vacation with the family on the "offical" July 15th date at Reeves (Tampa). I would like to see the TT before I leave if any dealer near Tampa has one. Think I'll ask my saleman if they will have one to view before July 15.

Mike

My dealer in Orlando just called and said he received 2 black ones today and to come down and take a look. I hope to make it tonight.

Quote:
    woody77 said:
    My dealer in Orlando just called and said he received 2 black ones today and to come down and take a look. I hope to make it tonight.

I'll be there in the AM for sure!!

Quote:
    Alan(NJ) said:
    and if not, has anyone waiting for a launch car been given definite news about when their car will be delivered? My car remains sitting at the port in the U.S. and the salesman hasn't been able to find out any info on delivery to the dealership

Alan, launch cars need to be at dealers LATEST June 24th, cleaned, checked and ready to go. So there is no hurry yet, your dealer needs half a day or so to prep the car.

Woody you are correct, orlando received two launch cars today, and champion down south received their launch car as well. My launch car landed at my dealer as well today (not going to say where) but I will own my 997TT with a temp tag and be driving it this monday. June 19th.

Would that make me the first rennteamer to drive their own TT?

That would make you very lucky!

Just saw a black one at Beverly Hills Porsche an hour ago. Very sweet, with PCCBs.

I got a call today from my dealer (HBL) in Tyson's Corner, Virginia that they had gotten in one today. I dropped by and saw it (black), but unfortunately did not have my camera. It looks great. They are having an open house viewing Wednesday June 21 for those of you in the area. I will miss it since I will be in Europe. David

Quote:
    zeroHero said:
    Would that make me the first rennteamer to drive their own TT?

You better keep this low level, driving a few rounds with a temp tag shouldn't be a problem but if you take the car home and Porsche is aware of it...well...I don't want to be your dealer. This could be viewed as a breach of contract, in a worst case scenario, the dealer could loose his official dealership license.

I know but...

time seems to be slowing down. This is not my imagination, I just measured the last minute and it lasted for 10 minutes!. This week is going to be a very long one

Re: I know but...

BTW, the black car I saw at Beverly Hills Porsche was NOT a launch car, it was a customer car. Their launch car is already long gone. I guess you can get cars more quickly if you are the number two Porsche dealer in the world. . .

Quote:
    baboo said:

Did you see the one in Melbourne, I got there too late tonight.....it must be hidden inside. Also got a call from Orlando saying they are having a customer preview party on Tuesday.

Pittsburgh dealers are still waiting, but Fred Baker Porsche in Ohio notified me yesterday that their Guards Red/Black 997TT arrived today. I'll be in OH early next week & hopefully I'll see it before its depositor takes delivery.

Quote:
    guess you can get cars more quickly if you are the number two Porsche dealer in the world. . .

bev hills is the # 2 in the world ? and I guess the Champ in the MIA is #2 ..... sorry 2 slezzzzzzie dealers

Slate Grey / Terracota is in at Porsche Naples...some pics over at Rennlist Turbo forum

Just passed by my local dealer "The Collection" and they had a lapis blue 997TT. It's definitely not my favorite color. I thought I would like the wheels more in person, but I don't like the fact that they are highly polished.

Just hit a dealer and saw a black on black, ceramics, carbon interior.

stunning. this car is more impressive in person than in any photo. especially the wheels. what looks like black on some areas is actually a graphite colored paint.

Re: I know but...

Quote:
    U Boat Commander said:
    BTW, the black car I saw at Beverly Hills Porsche was NOT a launch car, it was a customer car. Their launch car is already long gone. I guess you can get cars more quickly if you are the number two Porsche dealer in the world. . .

Long gone probably means already sold a long time ago. Launch cars just started to arrive at dealers, BHP doesn't make an exception.

my dealer in RI just got a black/black tt in today(Sat 17th). It's still half covered with that white sticky paper and the other half covered with dust.still looks beautiful.dealer said it was a customer's car

Guys, the cars arriving now at dealers are all launch cars, even if they're already sold to a customer.

Just saw a 997TT at a CA P dealer (that gets 2% of total US alloc) on showrm floor...launch car unsold; avail for deliv today to highest bidder.

Sounds like 6/24 release date is no big deal in US ....gotta love globalization....same "official" ww release date and same ride ht in US vs ROW. US is just stuck w/that worthless sunroof std, adding 80lbs in the worst location.....

Car looked great live...but front spoiler looks lower than that of 996TTS ...could make for more challenging daily use on SF's hills and driveway/garage entries....

Dealer claims rest of allocs for next 9 mos are already spoken for by real custs w/deposits...and to be sold at MSRP.

Just saw two black 997TT at the dealer. I must say the car looks much much better in person, quite stunning. Pictures just don't do it justice. I was a little disapointed when I saw the first offical pictures, but now seeing it first hand, I think the car looks absolutely amazing. Go check one out if you can in your area, it's worth the trip for shure.

Car looked great live...but front spoiler looks lower than that of 996TTS ...could make for more challenging daily use on SF's hills and driveway/garage entries....

that's the good NEWS !!!

what dealer ?

Quote:
    VKSF said:
    Just saw a 997TT at a CA P dealer (that gets 2% of total US alloc) on showrm floor...launch car unsold; avail for deliv today to highest bidder.

I wonder if US dealers need the car documents to register (get a license plate) it. Because I doubt that these documents already arrived, here in Germany they arrive aprox. 2-3 days before the official launch. And like I said...buying it and driving it home are two different pair of shoes. Only 6 more days...

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/3/24 3:40 PM
    watt
    802499 1803
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448327 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    265884 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    89891 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6368 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885268 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    831806 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM