Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Need some advice/help. Options for F430 coupe.

According to my dealer I'm about 1 month away from placing my order. Before I review options with him I would love to have people's opinions/ advice. This is what I have so far. Any suggestions/Comments would be greatly appreciated.

F430
    Rosso Corsa/Black interior.
    RSL1 - TWO RACING SEATS WHOLLY IN LEATHER - $5005
    CCMD - CARBON-CERAMIC BRAKE SYSTEM - $16,808
    LOGO - SCUDERIA FERRARI SHIELDS - $1519
    CALR - BRAKE CALIPERS IN RED - $899
    STW1 - COLOR UPON REQUEST FOR STEERING WHEEL (red top) - $366
    RUF1 - LEATHER UPHOLSTERY FOR HEADLINER (red) - $439
    SHF2 - LEATHER UPHOLSTERY FOR REAR BENCH WALL & UNDEFLOOR MOLDINGS - $2181
    STC2 - SPECIAL STITCHING COLOURED UPON REQUEST (red)- $405
    TPMO - TIRE PRESSURE MOMITORING SYSTEM - $945

Would love to get a good idea of how much the sticker is going to be w/ these options. The gas guzzler tax on my CS was $4500. Is it the same with a US F430 ?

What is the difference between:
    SHF2 - LEATHER UPHOLSTERY FOR REAR BENCH WALL & UNDEFLOOR MOLDINGS
    &
    SHFC - LEATHER UPHOLSTERED REAR BENCH COMPLIMENTARY TO CARBON FIBER LOWER ZONE

STC1 - COLOUR UPON REQUEST FOR STANDARD STITCHING
    &
    STC2 - SPECIAL STITCHING COLOURED UPON REQUEST.
    I think someone said the thread in the special stitching is thicker ? yes /no ?

Also any pictures of
    CILZ - CARBON FIBER LOWER CABIN
    Is this the option that gives you carbon fiber in the center consule & door guards ?

The options list I have is from December 15,2005. Have there been any addtions/changes that you know of ?

Here's a pic that Mike S took of the seats I'm going to order. I'm thinking of these seats with a red headliner/ red stitching like in my CS.

THANKS !

Re: Need some advice/help. Options for F430 coupe.

New options from March 2006 are:

DUAL Dual color interior
    DUAD Dual color interior-Daytona style seats
    SHFD Daytona style rear bench
    SHFE Daytona style rear bench(compl. to CILZ)
    HEAT Electrically operated and heated seats
    NAVC New navigation with Bluetooth system
    PARK Rear parking sensors
    PAR2 Front and rear parking sensors
    GRDC Challenge style rear segment in carbon

SHFC is only possible if you order CILZ as well.

CILZ pic...

Pic2. Option on this picture: ELEC,DAY1,PIP1,CIDZ,CILZ

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    According to my dealer I'm about 1 month away from placing my order. Before I review options with him I would love to have people's opinions/ advice. This is what I have so far. Any suggestions/Comments would be greatly appreciated.

Good to hear that your car is near my friend!
    For my suggestions see our email from six months ago.

Quote:
    SHF2 - LEATHER UPHOLSTERY FOR REAR BENCH WALL & UNDEFLOOR MOLDINGS
    &
    SHFC - LEATHER UPHOLSTERED REAR BENCH COMPLIMENTARY TO CARBON FIBER LOWER ZONE

If you order rear bench in leather only, you will get rear bench and sills in leather.
    If you order rear bench in leather plus carbon fibre lower zone, you will get rear bench in leather only whilst the sills will be CF. Since the lower price for the second option (but you have to take price for CF lower zone into account).

Quote:
    STC1 - COLOUR UPON REQUEST FOR STANDARD STITCHING
    &
    STC2 - SPECIAL STITCHING COLOURED UPON REQUEST.
    I think someone said the thread in the special stitching is thicker ? yes /no ?

That's right. Special stitching is thicker, see pics below.

Quote:
    Also any pictures of
    CILZ - CARBON FIBER LOWER CABIN
    Is this the option that gives you carbon fiber in the center consule & door guards ?

That's right as well. For pics see Kreso's post

Quote:
    The options list I have is from December 15,2005. Have there been any addtions/changes that you know of ?

As Kreso already said, there have been some new options recently plus a price increase.

Pics of coloured stitching (STC1)...

... and special coloured stitching (STC2):

Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Pic2. Option on this picture: ELEC,DAY1,PIP1,CIDZ,CILZ

Hey, I took that pic. lol!
    Thanks for reminding me though I forgot about it.

I know that you did!
    I was just reminding you...
    BTW, if you need any extra pics I have lots of them.

Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    New options from March 2006 are:

DUAL Dual color interior
    DUAD Dual color interior-Daytona style seats
    SHFD Daytona style rear bench
    SHFE Daytona style rear bench(compl. to CILZ)
    HEAT Electrically operated and heated seats
    NAVC New navigation with Bluetooth system
    PARK Rear parking sensors
    PAR2 Front and rear parking sensors
    GRDC Challenge style rear segment in carbon

SHFC is only possible if you order CILZ as well.

CILZ pic...

KresoF1,

Do you know what the dual color interior is all about ?

How about the Daytona rear bench/ Anyone have pics ?

So when you order SHFC you have to order CILZ so is the leather on the bench any different or are they just giving you a discount $1366 (SHFC) compared to the $2181 (SHF2)
    Or is it because you don't need the leather underdoor moldings if you get the carbon fiber lower zone that comes with carbon fiber undedoor moldings ?

GRDC Challenge style rear segment in carbon - Is this the grill on the 430 Challenge car ?

This is great! REALLY ! Thanks so much, don't know why I didn't ask for an updated option sheet when I was at the dealer yesterday.

Dual color interior is just what its name says but, normal or daytona style seats are also bi-color... I will have official Ferrari pics on monday.
    "you don't need the leather underdoor moldings if you get the carbon fiber lower zone that comes with carbon fiber undedoor moldings " Yes, this is the case.

Rossi,
    Thanks buddy. How's your car, good ?
    When did the price increase go into effect for 2006 ? So what is the price now ? I'm wondering if my car will be a 06 or 07? The dealer asked me if I wanted to wait for the 07, I said no way. What is the start of MY07 is it September built cars ?

I guess the special stitching is worth the extra 80 bucks.

Can anyone help me figure an MSRP based on the options I already picked above ? The options so far = $28,567

Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    I know that you did!
    I was just reminding you...
    BTW, if you need any extra pics I have lots of them.

lol! Thanks !

Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Dual color interior is just what its name says but, normal or daytona style seats are also bi-color... I will have official Ferrari pics on monday.
    "you don't need the leather underdoor moldings if you get the carbon fiber lower zone that comes with carbon fiber undedoor moldings " Yes, this is the case.

Gotcha, thanks. I've seen the daytona style dual color racing seats. I like the dual color seats in the above pic better.

Those pics would be fantastic.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Rossi,
    Thanks buddy. How's your car, good ?
    When did the price increase go into effect for 2006 ? So what is the price now ? I'm wondering if my car will be a 06 or 07? The dealer asked me if I wanted to wait for the 07, I said no way. What is the start of MY07 is it September built cars ?

I guess the special stitching is worth the extra 80 bucks.

Can anyone help me figure an MSRP based on the options I already picked above ? The options so far = $28,567

My car's great!

Everything works perfectly.

The price increase was in Europe, date March, 1st. I don't know if it applies to the US also.
    If I chose coloured stitching, I would also choose the thicker one, nearly no price difference.
    MY 2007 should start after the factory holidays, but I think they first complete the 2006 cars in September/October, so MY07 should not be before November.
    Below you see a pic of the new Challenge style rear grill in CF:

Great! Good to hear.

So what do you think of it - the CF rear grill ?

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Great! Good to hear.

Me? Don't like it!

I also do not like it!
    But, it will be standard on new F430 PISTA...

Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    I also do not like it!
    But, it will be standard on new F430 PISTA...

Well, there it belongs to.

BTW, STRADALE, didn't you plan to get yourself a Pista or whatever it will be called? And what's with your plans for the new Turbo? Will you wait for the convertible?

Me neither. The stock set-up is nicer.
    My dealer was saying yesterday he wants to put me in a 430 and then the 430pista. Financially it would work out good for him & I. To say nothing of how much fun that would be. Guess I'm getting ahead of myself though.

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    BTW, STRADALE, didn't you plan to get yourself a Pista or whatever it will be called? And what's with your plans for the new Turbo? Will you wait for the convertible?

Going w/ the 430. If things work out (time wise etc.) then maybe get the pista. It's a good time now to get out of the CS instead of waiting till next year/ for the pista when the CS warranty will expire. Times flies.

Yup, I spent a good couple of hours checking out the turbo in NYC last month but I'm waiting for the Turbo Cab.

IMO the turbo will look more amazing in convertible where as the 430 looks better as a coupe. And there's something less sinful about a 4 seater convertible versus cutting off the top in a practical race car like the 430. Plus I don't want 2 convertible sports cars, better to have the car I'm using a couple hours everyday as the one I can enjoy the most with the top down.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:

Going w/ the 430. If things work out (time wise etc.) then maybe get the pista. It's a good time now to get out of the CS instead of waiting till next year/ for the pista when the CS warranty will expire. Times flies.

Yup, I spent a good couple of hours checking out the turbo in NYC last month but I'm waiting for the Turbo Cab.

IMO the turbo will look more amazing in convertible where as the 430 looks better as a coupe. And there's something less sinful about a 4 seater convertible versus cutting off the top in a practical race car like the 430. Plus I don't want 2 convertible sports cars, better to have the car I'm using a couple hours everyday as the one I can enjoy the most with the top down.

Very wise decision!

I advice the rear parking sensors...
    I have them on my 430 and i find them very useful.
    Do not order the navi and bluetooth cause you can have the same (becker cascade 7966) aftermarket, without wasting your money.

The gas guzzler tax on my 2006 Spider was $3000. On my 2004 Spider it was $4500. Nice little savings.

Is your manual? Have you considered different wheels like Challenge or Polished?

My lower CF was $4587
    Leather ups rear bench $1366
    Special stitching (thicker but worth the money) $405
    Polished wheeels $1721
    The price of the special steering wheel and tire pressure gage was the same.

I also was charged for extended warranty $5900 even though I did not want it and $673 for a useless nav. system which I did not want. I think these charges only applied to the Spider and were temporary.

No doubt your's will be a 2006.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Great! Good to hear.

I did not like it at first, but it has grown on me when I keep reviewing the saved pictures of the 'PISTA' and the 'F430 Challenge' everyday.
    Besides, I feel that it is the only exterior option that will differentiate the MY2007 from the MY2006.
    So I have taken the leap of faith and ordered the Rear CF grille.
    Wish me luck!

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Great! Good to hear.

cograts stradale! iwouldnt go for the rear cf grill ,doesnt look good IMO. if you decide to go with the dual tone seats ,you can also order dual tone leather on the doors.
    IMHO daytona dual tone racing seats will look gorgeous!

I like it , but NOT the rear grill ! (I think it's more than ugly ! IMO)

Quote:
    nberry said:
    The gas guzzler tax on my 2006 Spider was $3000. On my 2004 Spider it was $4500. Nice little savings.

Is your manual? Have you considered different wheels like Challenge or Polished?

My lower CF was $4587
    Leather ups rear bench $1366
    Special stitching (thicker but worth the money) $405
    Polished wheeels $1721
    The price of the special steering wheel and tire pressure gage was the same.

I also was charged for extended warranty $5900 even though I did not want it and $673 for a useless nav. system which I did not want. I think these charges only applied to the Spider and were temporary.

No doubt your's will be a 2006.

The gas guzzler tax on my CS was $4500. So has that tax gone down to $3000 for 2006 ?

No, F1. I considered the challenge wheels but like the stock ones better. I'd probably choose the stock wheels even if the challenge wheels were a no cost option. Plus I think the CC brakes look cooler w/ the stock wheels. To me the challenge wheels look best on the challenge stradale and seem out of place on the 430. It's the same way I feel when I see 996 GT3 wheels as an option on the 996 turbo. Just doesn't look right. The thing I'm going to miss about the challenge wheels are the titanium inverted wheel bolts.

I'm trying to get a idea of sticker price w/ $29k in options and whatever the gas guzzler tax will be ???????What is the base msrp US for the coupe ?

Thank Nick.

Quote:
    Avantgarde said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Great! Good to hear.

I did not like it at first, but it has grown on me when I keep reviewing the saved pictures of the 'PISTA' and the 'F430 Challenge' everyday.
    Besides, I feel that it is the only exterior option that will differentiate the MY2007 from the MY2006.
    So I have taken the leap of faith and ordered the Rear CF grille.
    Wish me luck!

I really want to like it. The thing is the way I'm optioning the car it will be about performance. CCM's. Racing Seats, No hi-fi radio, No nav, etc. so the CF rear grill from the challenge car would fit in that theme. It's not that I dislike the way it looks so much as I think the way the rear of the car looks stock is so cool, my favorite part of the cars design actually. The stock smallish wide wire mesh Enzo type rear grill is bitchin. Still may change my mind though, I'm going to have to see one in person. Good luck!

Quote:
    dhayek said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Great! Good to hear.

cograts stradale! iwouldnt go for the rear cf grill ,doesnt look good IMO. if you decide to go with the dual tone seats ,you can also order dual tone leather on the doors.
    IMHO daytona dual tone racing seats will look gorgeous!

I was telling Rossi 6-9 months ago that I wanted to order dual color doors. I had no idea that Ferrari made this available ??????? What are they doing , allowing you to use different colors for the center and outside leather pieces on the doors ????????????????????????????? Does anyone have a picture of this ????????????????

I don't like the way the daytona dual color racing seats look but love the way the dual color looks on the racing seats like the pic I posted on page 1 of this thread.

Thanks for the congrats dhayek.

Unless the law has changed, you can expect to pay $3000 for the gas tax.

When I bought my 2005 430 coupe I believe the base price with the F1 was around 180,000. To be safe assume around $185,000 and then add your options.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    803594 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448645 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    266247 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90130 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6673 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885946 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    833646 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM