Quote:
nberry said:
The gas guzzler tax on my 2006 Spider was $3000. On my 2004 Spider it was $4500. Nice little savings.

Is your manual? Have you considered different wheels like Challenge or Polished?

My lower CF was $4587
Leather ups rear bench $1366
Special stitching (thicker but worth the money) $405
Polished wheeels $1721
The price of the special steering wheel and tire pressure gage was the same.

I also was charged for extended warranty $5900 even though I did not want it and $673 for a useless nav. system which I did not want. I think these charges only applied to the Spider and were temporary.

No doubt your's will be a 2006.

The gas guzzler tax on my CS was $4500. So has that tax gone down to $3000 for 2006 ?

No, F1. I considered the challenge wheels but like the stock ones better. I'd probably choose the stock wheels even if the challenge wheels were a no cost option. Plus I think the CC brakes look cooler w/ the stock wheels. To me the challenge wheels look best on the challenge stradale and seem out of place on the 430. It's the same way I feel when I see 996 GT3 wheels as an option on the 996 turbo. Just doesn't look right. The thing I'm going to miss about the challenge wheels are the titanium inverted wheel bolts.

I'm trying to get a idea of sticker price w/ $29k in options and whatever the gas guzzler tax will be ???????What is the base msrp US for the coupe ?

Thank Nick.