Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: The German auto press... is not reliable !

Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:
    Yes Walter, really. If Germany has leadership in other consumer product categories please enlighten me.

1. Beer (several brands)
    2. Siemens
    3. Infineon
    4. Glashütte
    5. Bayer
    6. SAP
    7. BASF
    8. Continental
    9. Thyssen Krupp
    10. Merck
    11. MAN
    12. Adidas Salomon
    13. Beiersdorf
    14. Schering
    15. Degussa
    16. T-Mobile
    17. Carl Zeiss Optics
    18. Puma
    19. Wine (different brands)
    20. Haribo
    21. DASA/EADS
    22. Krauss-Maffei
    23. Heckler & Koch
    24. Carl Walther
    25. KUKA
    26. Playmobil
    27. Steiff
    28. Bosch
    29. Deutz
    30. Maahle
    31. MTU Friedrichshafen
    32. Linde AG

I could continue but I want to go to bed now.
    And if you ask me what these companies do and sell, just check the internet...or your local department stores.
    Some well known consumer products may not be sold under the company name but under a certain brand name, I just didn't have the time to name them seperately. You'll be surprised in how many products you find a "german soul". Oh btw: do you know where the MP3 technology is coming from? Probably not as important as swiss cheese I guess.

Jim, I'm sorry but c'mon, I didn't expect such a "flat minded" comment from you.

RC, you may have taken it wrong or misunderstood.

Consumer products, not industrial. Of the ones you name
    few if any of their goods are actually made In Germany.
    Brand HQ might be there, production is not.

Let me know where they sell German made Leicas, German made Addidas shoes, German made Bosch Power tools or German made Zeiss consumer optics. Most german optics are now made in Portugal and Singapore and Japan. T mobile phones are made in China and Korea.

I know that I can get a German car that is made in Germany amd,maybe some Bayer Aspirin, but
    Shoes, optics, power tools, radios, no.

And you might want to update that list- Heckler and Koch is now owned by BAE and Smith and Wesson USA owns Carl Walther.

Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:

Yeah right...because American companies build everything in America...like Coca-Cola,IBM or Microsoft,right?And yeah,Nike is also known for their big industries on American soil...
    And I guess Puma,Playmobil or Haribo are only making products for nuclear plants and industries.

If it wasn't the Germans,Americans still wouldn't understand why their rockets explode over and over again or why their GPS systems have an accurancy of 5km or why their atom doesn't explode.

That was simply a very silly comment.

Quote:
    Walter said:
    Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:

Yeah right...because American companies build everything in America...like Coca-Cola,IBM or Microsoft,right?And yeah,Nike is also known for their big industries on American soil...
    And I guess Puma,Playmobil or Haribo are only making products for nuclear plants and industries.

If it wasn't the Germans,Americans still wouldn't understand why their rockets explode over and over again or why their GPS systems have an accurancy of 5km or why their atom doesn't explode.

That was simply a very silly comment.

"If it wasn't the Germans,Americans still wouldn't understand why their rockets explode over and over again"
    -Walter Thats interesting. Mention that Germany lost their retail leadership position in electronics and optics and its V2 time I guess.

I guess with slave labor and enough practice launches on the consumers of London and Antwerp that they figured out how to design them right. Missile and rocket technology isnt exactly a stocking item for most retailers.

Sorry to ask about German retail goods. I guess its a touchy subject.

JimFlat6
    Hiroshima, Nagasaki. Thanks.

Quote:
    iyori said:
    JimFlat6
    Hiroshima, Nagasaki. Thanks.

Iyori, Well, it couldnt have happened to a nicer bunch now could it? Got those old Imperial blues do you? Miss it?

Are you still upset the ancient swords didnt work as advertised in Nanking?

You have issues about the Greater Japanese Co-Prosperity Sphere?

Explain Japans plans and timetable for surrender that were so rudely interrupted.

I guess those millions of Japanese troops in China, Burma,
    India, Viet Nam and the Pacific were just tourists on a government paid holiday excursion. So show us proof of their return trip tickets.

Hey, I am sincerely thanking the Americans for liberating my country! I personally do not care for what my countrymen did during the war. By the way, my two boys are Americans, and I am very proud. I want them to become patriotic Americans but also accept the mistakes they had committed in history, not blindedly trying to justify them.

Going back to the German retail goods. It is not that it is a touch subject. It is that you made a inept, ignorant comment and you should have just apologised for making such a comment.

America is the only country in the world that hasn't done any mistakes...we know that.

Look, what consumer products built in Germany other than cars, are they truly recognized as being the leaders in? That was the short version.

The context of it was in regards to Nick banging on German car magazines as being biased and my remarks to him that Germanys's most well known consumer leadership in the publics mind worldwide are its cars and that it is good that they have that to point to, but that they did lose their leadership roles in consumer electronics and optics.

Germans marching to the beach was meant to be humourous, tongue in cheek.Better to have them happy with cars than
    happy thinking about expanding their borders again.

I forgot that some have no sense of humor when it comes to Germans, beaches and feet moving. Next time I will consult the local Volksmarching association for advice.

Quote:
    Walter said:
    America is the only country in the world that hasn't done any mistakes...we know that.

Thats right, of course, sure, whatever Walter.

Germans are great in making cars. Isn't that enough?

I was hoping that this thread will stay gentleman like discussion but, unfortunately it didn't...
    Discussion from Nick,RC and several other members was at very good level but, comments from Jimflat6 like "Germans marching to the beach was meant to be humourous, tongue in cheek.Better to have them happy with cars than
    happy thinking about expanding their borders again." is way out of the line and IMO very insulting to all german people and members from Germany.
    RC, please delete some of comments from this thread or close it! This is the best for all of us, I guess...
    It is very shamefull that some of us here are still living in the second world war...
    RC, Nick Berry and rest -it was plesure for me to discuss german car press with you!
    Jimflat6-sorry but, you were way out of line here!

What the f*ck is the point of this thread lately?? (other than jim acting like a bigot a-hole, that is)

hey, sorry for adding fuel.

Lets get back to subject guys please

Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:

Let me know where they sell German made Leicas, German made Addidas shoes, German made Bosch Power tools or German made Zeiss consumer optics. Most german optics are now made in Portugal and Singapore and Japan. T mobile phones are made in China and Korea.

I know that I can get a German car that is made in Germany amd,maybe some Bayer Aspirin, but
    Shoes, optics, power tools, radios, no.

And you might want to update that list- Heckler and Koch is now owned by BAE and Smith and Wesson USA owns Carl Walther.

1. I named all major players who also offer CONSUMER goods (you named some of them), I would have spent a few days to write down all consumer goods brands in detail.
    2. Heckler & Koch isn't owned by BAE anymore since 2002, the owner has changed again in a company named H&K Beteiligungs GmbH which takes care of the military products. The "civil" products like for example handguns and certain rifles are manufactured/sold now by HKJS, another german company.
    The Carl Walther company is NOT owned by S&W, it is a german company. S&W is just a legal distributor of Walther weapons for the US market. Please don't post such BS. I own myself two P99 QA.

Regarding cars: I doubt that even 50% of a Porsche is made of Made in Germany parts, not talking about other german car brands. Your post regarding german consumer products didn't say anything about where the products are made, you just said that Germany is known for cars only. Well, I'm afraid Adidas, Bosch, etc. count too, even if the factories are somewhere else. Judging by your words, almost all US consumer products are made in China and Taiwan.

Jim, don't get me wrong: I wasn't born in Germany and my roots aren't 100% German either, so I'm not a patriot for god's sake. But your post actually showed why SOME Americans are viewed like they're viewed worldwide because sometimes they don't have a clue. Of course there are enough Germans who don't have a clue about America but thats a different story.

My point is: try to think GLOBAL. Which US products are 100% made in the US? Steaks? Even a lot of Hollywood movies are made outside of the US due to cost and other reasons.

I'm sorry but your comment regarding Germany and cars was pretty dumb if I may say so. If you would have said that Germans had a dark past and that we almost destroyed half of Europe, I wouldn't have said anything, I would have even agreed. But apparently the US is so big that some people over there seem to have difficulties to look what is happening outside. Best example: US news. One hour of who killed who in Miami but maybe one minute of international news, mostly so short, that nobody actually understands what it is all about. Or if I watch Fox News (especially Billy Boy), I get a headache because 90% is almost the contrary what you hear and see on other news stations and networks in Europe. And I'm not talking about those who may be anti-US.

Bottom line: I love the US and I always felt connected to the American Way of Life. I love visiting the US and I also love most of the people I meet there, lots of them are very friendly and helpful, of course with the typical exceptions.
    But sometimes people like you make it really difficult for me, honestly...

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    777818 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441941 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262888 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261114 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85372 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5650 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880788 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    816300 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM