Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: New C6 Z06 is so fast that...

Quote:
    MKW said:
    My high quality German built Turbo has been flat bedded 4 times . 1) Power steering hose coupling disconnected, engine bay almost caught fire ( known problem )..2) fuel lines disconnected inside the tank ( known coupler design flaw - never updated ) ...3)leaked oil left side ( known valve cover gasket sealant weakness - updated in later production ..4) car wouldn't come out of gear in upshifting without practically breaking the shift lever ( rusted clutch throw out bearing - another known problem ).
    Honking broken OEM "$1" quality plastic divertor valves are a known problem which I had. Clunking front roll bars ( bolts were almost backed out ( common problem ) ...I'll stop here . I have a repair folder many inches thick - and this was a very late second year build Turbo and the end of 5th year of 996 series US production !
    I'm due to get a very early first year 997 Turbo ( 6th 911 overall ) this summer - what a masochist and a valued longtime Porsche enthusiast who overlooks their poor reliabilty just like I'm sure many of our Corvette friends do likewise , huh ? These cars ( Porsches and Vettes )ain't Toyotas when it comes to reliabilty )

Would it have applied for the lemon law? Would it have been possible for you to trade it in for a better assembled Turbo?

Quote:
    MAVERICK said:

Would it have applied for the lemon law? Would it have been possible for you to trade it in for a better assembled Turbo?

Every problem was easily fixed . Lemon laws only apply if they can't fix it after repeated attempts , I think, as I've never " lemoned " a car. Plus , after owning 6 Porsches and 5 911s since March 1986, going to the shop is just part of the ownership experience as they have all had their various issues one way or another . I'm expecting to be in the service line often with the next one, too. ( By far the most reliable one was my first one, a 1987 Targa . They were still built like tanks back then inside and out. Now they are built like disposable cars in terms of material quality ) .

Quote:
    MKW said:
    Quote:
    MAVERICK said:

Every problem was easily fixed . Lemon laws only apply if they can't fix it after repeated attempts , I think, as I've never " lemoned " a car. Plus , after owning 6 Porsches and 5 911s since March 1986, going to the shop is just part of the ownership experience as they have all had their various issues one way or another . I'm expecting to be in the service line often with the next one, too. ( By far the most reliable one was my first one, a 1987 Targa . They were still built like tanks back then inside and out. Now they are built like disposable cars in terms of material quality ) .

You hit the nail on the head about disposable. The EU now has volumes of regs about autonobile recyling requirements.

If Porsche adapted previous materials standards they would not be able to sell the car anywhere in Europe!

Love the car, hate the bureaucrats. At some point people will have to say enough is a enough to the EU's pie in the sky BS based upon projections that lack hard data and are just political pimping and agenda driving.

Quote:
    RonnieC6Z said:
    Quote:
    bondmid003 said:
    Quote:
    rhino said:
    RonnieC6Z,
    When I get my 997TT TiptronicS I am going to race you in the Quarter mile and beat you every single time, you can bet on that

Seems kind of unfair to bag on ronnie for boasting about blowing the doors off a car that doesn't exist when you're doing almost the exact same thing by boasting about blowing HIS doors off with a car that doesn't exist. As far as I know the Turbo S isn't going to be available in 07.

And, if we must talk about the future, I have my order placed for an 08 Corvette SS (or blue devil). 2850-2900 pounds, 700 HP Supercharged LS9. It will move!!!

Alright ronnie, now you're making the Corvette people look a little silly. You know as well as I do that NOTHING has been confirmed about a possible SS corvette. Therefore you can't have ordered it because GM hasn't even announced it.

Quote:
    bondmid003 said:
    Quote:
    rhino said:
    RonnieC6Z,
    When I get my 997TT TiptronicS I am going to race you in the Quarter mile and beat you every single time, you can bet on that

Seems kind of unfair to bag on ronnie for boasting about blowing the doors off a car that doesn't exist when you're doing almost the exact same thing by boasting about blowing HIS doors off with a car that doesn't exist. As far as I know the Turbo S isn't going to be available in 07.

He's talking about the regular 997 TT with "Tiptronic S" as per Porsche's own denomination, the one being built right now and delivered in two months, not an "S" version...

Quote:
    RonnieC6Z said:
    Quote:
    bondmid003 said:
    Quote:
    rhino said:
    RonnieC6Z,

And, if we must talk about the future, I have my order placed for an 08 Corvette SS (or blue devil). 2850-2900 pounds, 700 HP Supercharged LS9. It will move!!!

Does it come with retracable wings and a "detachable" roof?

Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:

You hit the nail on the head about disposable. The EU now has volumes of regs about autonobile recyling requirements.

If Porsche adapted previous materials standards they would not be able to sell the car anywhere in Europe!

Love the car, hate the bureaucrats. At some point people will have to say enough is a enough to the EU's pie in the sky BS based upon projections that lack hard data and are just political pimping and agenda driving.

I believe all cars in crowded Europe will have to be 85 % recyclable in a few years. The rationale is that they don't want old cars piling up in junk yards , leaking their toxic fluids into the ground. Here in the good 'ol US of A , with our wide open spaces , we just dump 'em out of sight- out of mind in the " po' folks " neighborhoods.

Quote:
    bondmid003 said:
    Quote:
    RonnieC6Z said:
    Quote:
    bondmid003 said:
    Quote:
    rhino said:
    RonnieC6Z,

Alright ronnie, now you're making the Corvette people look a little silly. You know as well as I do that NOTHING has been confirmed about a possible SS corvette. Therefore you can't have ordered it because GM hasn't even announced it.

Beleive it or not, some US dealers are taking deposits for the 08 SS Corvette, even thought it hasn't been released or confirmed. Ronnie is not BS'n you. There are others who have put down money at MSRP waiting for this monster.

Quote:
    bondmid003 said:
    Quote:
    RonnieC6Z said:
    Quote:
    bondmid003 said:
    Quote:
    rhino said:
    RonnieC6Z,

Let me enlighten you. Nothing has been ANNOUNCED about the SS, but I know for certain that it is going to happen. It will be out either at the end of next year or the beginning of '08. The motor is already going through tests. I am friends with someone at the factory, and also someone in Detroit. This car is a "go". And as far as ordering goes, I get my cars from the head of fleet at a dealer here in So Cal. Just like I did with my C6 convertible, I have already called him an told him that I want the first SS that can be ordered, once orders will be taken, and he said
    "done deal". So, as far as I am concerned, I have put in my order! Furthermore, there are dealers that are taking a
    $5000.00 deposit for the SS. You can bet your bottom dollar that this car is happening. And, I can also tell you that it has been in the works since 2003.

Fill in the blanks:
    New C6 Z06 is so fast that........
    a) It is much much fast and better than Ferrari's F430, Lambo's Gallardo, Porsche's 997TT and GT3. It is the fastest car in the universe

b)If it has wings on it will fly by near a Airbus new face(Geneva Motorshow) A3XX

c)You can dog fight with any of F15,16,18,22 etc etc

d)It broke the sound speed record achieved 10 moach

e)All of above

Good Luck for all competitors

Quote:
    VGA18 said:
    Fill in the blanks:
    a) It is much much fast and better than Ferrari's F430, Lambo's Gallardo, Porsche's 997TT and GT3. It is the fastest car in the universe

b)If it has wings on it will fly by near a Airbus new face(Geneva Motorshow) A3XX

e)All of above

And your point is??????

Quote:
    RonnieC6Z said:
    Quote:
    VGA18 said:
    Fill in the blanks:

e)All of above

And your point is??????

It is a fast no doubt on it to be a competitor to these cars i count.
    But do u feel stable and safety on higher speeds like a porsche or a gallardo, on curves or etc etc.No i dont think so.Is it a stable car? DO u feel safe in high speeds? I dont think so. It is a vette typical powerful usa drag type vette.
    That C6 is made of plastic yes its like a MADE IN CHINA type of toy car. And the its shape is no more than a vette. Its interior made of all plastics as same as kia sportage or sorento quality.

My point is that yes it is a fast car but it is a vette nobody can have courage to go above 300+ kmh on that car. For exampla me

Quote:
    VGA18 said:
    Quote:
    RonnieC6Z said:
    Quote:
    VGA18 said:
    Fill in the blanks:

e)All of above

And your point is??????

But do u feel stable and safety on higher speeds like a porsche or a gallardo, on curves or etc etc.No i dont think so.Is it a stable car? DO u feel safe in high speeds? I dont think so. It is a vette typical powerful usa drag type vette.
    That C6 is made of plastic yes its like a MADE IN CHINA type of toy car. And the its shape is no more than a vette. Its interior made of all plastics as same as kia sportage or sorento quality.

My point is that yes it is a fast car but it is a vette nobody can have courage to go above 300+ kmh on that car. For exampla me

Interesting point...unfortunately, you do not have a clue about what you are talking about. I have owned 7 Vettes including a new Z...and yes, I have owned every German car there is. I have driven my Z at 145mph on the freeway, and over 100mph through the canyons...it is solid as a rock. NASCAR driver Jeff Gordon drove a stock Z at close to 190mph on the track...he loved it. It is not made of plastic..it is composite, carbon fiber and magnesium. The interior, although not super luxurious, is very comfortable and quite usable. The car is as stable as anything that I have driven, trouble free, and for 70K is the deal of a lifetime. So get a little knowledge before forming opinions, and just live the fact that my car will smoke your car on any track.

Hahahaha smoke my car... Nice point very mature like an 18 high school boys oppinion

Thats my oppinion you agree or disagree. Yes Jeff Gordon is a proffessional race driver , he is very different a man trying to buy a car with his limited or unlimited money and without a track experience or race xp.

Sorry your car is only a Corvette. And it will never be a exotic like any Ferrari, Porsche or Lamborghini.

For 2005 there are 37000+13700=51000 people are driving new Corvette and for 2004-2005-2006 there are 3000 Gallardo owners. Thats the difference
    !!
    http://www.c6registry.com/membersonly/Production/Update/120704.htm

http://www.c6registry.com/membersonly/Production/05production_final.htm

Ronnie, your "My Vette will smoke all of your girly german cars" statements are getting old.
    You seem to have many insecurities, since trying to defend a CAR at all costs isn't considered a behavior of a mature and confident man, at least not with such high-school-type statements. Lighten up and enjoy your car, why do you give a damn what we think? We sure don't care what you do, so go out and enjoy your car, instead of trying to prove to everyone how cool that car is.

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Lighten up and enjoy your car, why do you give a damn what we think?

Excellent point Crash.

Everyone should just get out, drive, and enjoy their cars. That's what owning a sportscar is all about. Afterall, that's what they were built for.

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Ronnie, your "My Vette will smoke all of your girly german cars" statements are getting old.
    You seem to have many insecurities, since trying to defend a CAR at all costs isn't considered a behavior of a mature and confident man, at least not with such high-school-type statements. Lighten up and enjoy your car, why do you give a damn what we think? We sure don't care what you do, so go out and enjoy your car, instead of trying to prove to everyone how cool that car is.

You ask "why do I give a damn about what you think?", but oviously you give a damn about what I think or you would not bother to read my posts and/or respond. And to your way of thinking, my comments about a Vette smoking a Porsche is immature, but all of the comments about "it's just a plastic American Chevy, but a Porsche is a Porsche" are just fine and dandy. The bottom line is I do not take any of this personally...it's just a discussion, all in good fun, some of it tounge-in-cheek. So don't take what I say personally. You have the freedom of choice as to whether to read it or not. And as far as saying "girly German cars", my name is not Arnold!

Quote:
    VGA18 said:
    Quote:
    RonnieC6Z said:
    Quote:
    VGA18 said:
    Fill in the blanks:

e)All of above

And your point is??????

So would you jump off a bridge if Porsche and Ferrari told you to do so? A lot of these opinions have absolute no basis. How the hell would you know what a Z06 feels like? Have you driven one? The absolute mindless cult mentality you guys have for your cars is just unbelievable. Do you actually read your own writing?

Quote:
    95jersey said:
    Quote:
    VGA18 said:
    Quote:
    RonnieC6Z said:
    Quote:
    VGA18 said:
    Fill in the blanks:

e)All of above

And your point is??????

So would you jump off a bridge if Porsche and Ferrari told you to do so? A lot of these opinions have absolute no basis. How the hell would you know what a Z06 feels like? Have you driven one? The absolute mindless cult mentality you guys have for your cars is just unbelievable. Do you actually read your own writing?

Well said, Jersey.

Quote:
    95jersey said:
    Quote:
    VGA18 said:
    Quote:
    RonnieC6Z said:
    Quote:
    VGA18 said:
    Fill in the blanks:

e)All of above

And your point is??????

I love Porsches like many on this forum. But my love only goes so far...
    When competition passes them by I get upset and voice my opinion.

With that being said... as much as you and RonnieGoldChainWearingZ think that these guys here sound cult-like... so too do you guys with your ever emphatic GM rhetoric. Lighten up and realize that GM makes cheap cars whether they go fast or go slow. They may go faster than some German cars however they are what they are... GM cars. Not being arrogant... just stating a fact about the current plight of US car manufacturing.

If Wal-mart wanted to come out with their own line of clothes they could do it easily. In fact I have no doubt they could sink in more money and resources than ANY of the boutique lines. But guess what... it'd still be from Wal-mart. And whenever you approach the above 100K market you have to understand that the badge matters. Not arrogance, just a fact of life... sorry if this isn't what you wanted to hear.

Quote:
    SoCalHoosier said:
    Quote:
    95jersey said:
    Quote:
    VGA18 said:
    Quote:
    RonnieC6Z said:
    Quote:
    VGA18 said:
    Fill in the blanks:

e)All of above

And your point is??????

I love Porsches like many on this forum. But my love only goes so far...
    When competition passes them by I get upset and voice my opinion.

With that being said... as much as you and RonnieGoldChainWearingZ think that these guys here sound cult-like... so too do you guys with your ever emphatic GM rhetoric. Lighten up and realize that GM makes cheap cars whether they go fast or go slow. They may go faster than some German cars however they are what they are... GM cars. Not being arrogant... just stating a fact about the current plight of US car manufacturing.

If Wal-mart wanted to come out with their own line of clothes they could do it easily. In fact I have no doubt they could sink in more money and resources than ANY of the boutique lines. But guess what... it'd still be from Wal-mart. And whenever you approach the above 100K market you have to understand that the badge matters. Not arrogance, just a fact of life... sorry if this isn't what you wanted to hear.

Look Dude, let me fill you in...first of all, I have never owned or worn a gold chain. Secondly, I heve been talking about a Corvette...NOT a vertible plethora of GM cars...just like you are talking about a 911...not a Cayanne, a Cayman, or any other P-Car. So don't give me this Europsycobabble statement that a Vette "is what it is..a GM car", or "it's still a Chevy", for that is pure BS! You haven't a clue as to how well built the new Z is, or how much technology went into it, You have no idea as to how trouble free these cars are, how good they handle, how rock-solid and stable they are and how much fun they are to drive. Sure they are not perfect and, like any other car will have a few problems, but FAR less than most, including almost every care from Europe. For 70k, there is not a car on the planet that can touch this car in almost any catagory. And, other than a nicer ineteior, the Z will outdo any 911 when it comes to you-name-it! Have you ever driven a new Z? I have driven every P-Car around and most European cars. Most are fine cars. And most of their drivers are fine folks. Just like those that drive Vettes, Mustangs and Toyotas. What gets to me the most is the elitest attitude that some of you P-Car drivers have toward any car made in the states. So get a clue, and stop forming opinions that are based upon anything but knowledge.

Quote:
    I have owned every German car there is.

EVERY German car? Stopped reading here.

Lets settle this once and for all:

http://www.fourtitude.com/news/publish/Features/article_1253.shtml?page=2

Donkervoort D8

Cheaper than a Z06, convertible and will atomise the Z06 and much much nicer car.

Sorry to burst you bubble Ronnie.

Also check this:

http://www.rennteam.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=219009&an=0&page=0&gonew=1#UNREAD

The stock 997TT tested by Motor Trend is faster than the Z06 quarter mile... ooops

Maybe we can get a separate board for Nick and Ronnie?

The typical thread would be something like:
    "I don't care who the driver is, my car is so superior to yours in every dimension and you P-guys have no clue what you're talking about..."

"You guys are so stupid, you think Taco Bell is a Mexican telephone company and as proof, you guys drive Porsches. Enlightened investors drive Italian machinery or the very specific Z Chevy that will wrestle GM from its current woes."

When people go so overboard telling others how bad their cars are, it's really a testimony to some sort of insecurity that these people are striving to fulfill with a machine. Hopefully you still don't peel out and burn rubber in front of highschools. Leave us ignorant P-car guys alone.

Re: Maybe we can get a separate board for Nick and Ronnie?

Well at least Nick bring some interesting points that you can debate on...

Come on guys, I put this thread up to inform and maybe have a little chuckle not to start a childish arguement. There are build quality issues and recalls etc on all vehicles.

Ronnie replied inappropriately in his first responce, someone called him on it; then someone else and someone else...WHY?

It appears to me that this has become the 10year old's arguement of "my big brother can beat up your big brother". "Maybe we can get a separate board for Nick and Ronnie?"-Grow up guys. People like different cars and provide different perspectives on the same topic; its what makes rennteam so great. Lets not kill it by ganging up on certain people because of what they like...well Nick might be an exception

Quote:
    schmuy said:
    Come on guys, I put this thread up to inform and maybe have a little chuckle not to start a childish arguement. There are build quality issues and recalls etc on all vehicles.

Ronnie replied inappropriately in his first responce, someone called him on it; then someone else and someone else...WHY?

It appears to me that this has become the 10year old's arguement of "my big brother can beat up your big brother". "Maybe we can get a separate board for Nick and Ronnie?"-Grow up guys. People like different cars and provide different perspectives on the same topic; its what makes rennteam so great. Lets not kill it by ganging up on certain people because of what they like...well Nick might be an exception

Like I stated before, I don't really care what he says, however this place used to be more civilized when I first came here. Ronnie's comments just don't fit in. His blowing doors off every Porsche etc. in a hostile tone aren't really appropriate, that's what some of us are trying to say.
    He has every right to respond to unwarranted criticism, but adding oil to the fire certainly won't help.
    It just seems interesting to me that 95jersey makes almost the exact same points, but nobody picks on him. I wonder why? Could there be a difference in attitude?

Quote:
    SciFrog said:

Donkervoort D8

Cheaper than a Z06, convertible and will atomise the Z06 and much much nicer car.

That is not a car, that is a kart and not a daily driver for sure.

Why not throw the Ultima into the mix? I'll tell you why, because is has no warranty / resale / comfort / etc....

Quote:
    RossN said:
    Quote:
    SciFrog said:

Donkervoort D8

That is not a car, that is a kart and not a daily driver for sure.

Why not throw the Ultima into the mix? I'll tell you why, because is has no warranty / resale / comfort / etc....

I agree.

Also, I dislike focusing on numbers, but I read that it does 0-60 in 6 seconds with a terminal (top) speed of 125 mph. While I am sure with it's weight advantage it would handle and brake very well, but on a medium to long road course a 911TT, Z06, 430 would eat this for lunch. Handling and braking are extremely important, but not enough to make up for 500 raw HP coming out of sweeping corners onto back straits. Also, they are quite expensive for something that can't be driven in the rain, without AC, or some comforts.

quote...
    "The only limiting factor may be your budget. Pricing for standard D8s starts around $52,000 ( Euro 41,000) and can climb to around $105,000 ( Euro 82,500)."

This would probably be a great Autocrosser and would compete well with a Miata, but a Miata can be purchased and modified to run faster for much less.

With this said, I would hate to get into a high speed crash with either vehicle. It could be ugly, as I have seen this first hand. Over the past couple years, I have looked into these types of cars as a dedicated track only car, but in the end, I have choosen to use a modified C5 Z06. I have done this mostly because of bang for the buck, but I feel safer enclosed within a strong metal frame, with airbags, and impact zones engineered into the car. While I love the new Z, I am a little nervous about using an aluminum frame at the race track.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    777488 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441802 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262816 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261020 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85288 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5598 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880705 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    816092 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM