Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

New C6 Z06 is so fast that...

It ripped the roof right off!!! Ok well apparently it happened at only 60mph - build quality issue?

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?p=1554953831&posted=1#post1554953831

Quote:
    "now you know why they cost half the price of a porsche"

Re: New C6 Z06 is so fast that...

Quote:
    Sorry this happened to you, but you are not alone. It is one of many problems all C6s seem to have. At least the the targa panels on my car are good. Can't say the same about other stuff on the car.

FYI Z06 drivers: Except the engine, your cars are built no differently than any other C6 and therefore you will have similar problems. So you may want to hang out in the C6 section a bit more, because that is where most of the mechanical statistics are occurring. That way you will see recalls as they come up. There have already been quite a few...

I will refrain from any comment...
    Lightweight technology...now even lighter.
    The Z06 is a bang for the buck, no doubt about it.
    But I'm pretty sure that after all that early hype, reality will hit some owners soon.

Quote:
    RC said:
    But I'm pretty sure that after all that early hype, reality will hit some owners soon.

I guess you could not really refrain from any comment when you spoke about reality hitting some Z owners soon. Well, reality hit me...the reality that I love my Z more than ever, 8000 miles and no problems, and my Z will blow the doors off of your 997TT on any track or road. Go ahead and make a big deal about a problem that happened to ONE Z06. But please lets not talk about the problem P-cars had when mufflers were falling off in the streets!

Quote:
    RonnieC6Z said:
    Quote:
    RC said:

I guess you could not really refrain from any comment when you spoke about reality hitting some Z owners soon. Well, reality hit me...the reality that I love my Z more than ever, 8000 miles and no problems, and my Z will blow the doors off of your 997TT on any track or road. Go ahead and make a big deal about a problem that happened to ONE Z06. But please lets not talk about the problem P-cars had when mufflers were falling off in the streets!

Its impossible for a Z06 roof to fly off. Its bolted on semi permanently. So either the owner messed with it or I suspect that that post is just internet crap. Like people who say that Ferraris are made just like Fiats or that 911's are like VW bugs.

Quote:
    RonnieC6Z said:
    Quote:
    RC said:

How can you say this when nobody has tested the car yet?

RonnieC6Z, with all due respect why are you here? Why do you continue to stir up crap. Your ignorance is obvious by the way you still continue to compare your car to a car that hasn't even come out yet. If you don't like what we have to say, go to a vette forum, if vettes are better, why do you continue to stay here with us lowly Porsche people?

LOL... GM strikes again... this time with the automatic retractable roof.

Too bad it doesn't work like a tissue box.

Let him talk, he would talk most people out of owning a Z06.

Ronnie settle down my gosh Talk about blowing your lid

Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:
    Its impossible for a Z06 roof to fly off. Its bolted on semi permanently. So either the owner messed with it or I suspect that that post is just internet crap.

I tend to believe this. I initially thought it was C6 Convertible but I seriously doubt Z06 roof would come off like this.

I know someone made a targa roof from his Z06 (after market) may be these are the shots prior to the targa roof.

it wasn't the actual roof that came off, but merely the roof PANEL. so it entirely IS possible. From what i read over there, the panel is glued on and that this is a known problem with regular C6's and GM has issued a recall saying this is a problem

Quote:
    sdy284 said:
    it wasn't the actual roof that came off, but merely the roof PANEL. so it entirely IS possible. From what i read over there, the panel is glued on and that this is a known problem with regular C6's and GM has issued a recall saying this is a problem

I found the picture. The roof itself did not come off, the outer surface "skin" of the roof panel delaminated and came off, leaving the inner parts intact.

I guess Chevy is building real Vipers. Maybe they were trying to get Bordens glue into the automotive business.

I cant think of any other car that has ever done that.
    Congratulations to GM engineers for the adhesive specs.
    Great job!

Quote:
    RonnieC6Z said:
    Quote:
    RC said:

So, when I tear your Lego car apart, do you have the plans to piece it back together? It seems one of the kids didn't attach the roof piece too well, so imagine what could happen to the drive axle at full throttle

Sheet , that could of pulled my hair out/off ...

2 Flying soft tops ...

throt...

Quote:
    schmuy said:
    It ripped the roof right off!!! Ok well apparently it happened at only 60mph - build quality issue?

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?p=1554953831&posted=1#post1554953831

Quote:
    "now you know why they cost half the price of a porsche"

Folks, that's the new targa-version of the Z06.

Quote:
    RonnieC6Z said:
    Quote:
    RC said:

your answer is so unmature...are you 17?? then nobody knows what are the perf. of the TT. and please ,are you honestly comparing the quality of porsche to chevrolet???

Quote:
    dhayek said:
    Quote:
    RonnieC6Z said:
    Quote:
    RC said:

your answer is so unmature...are you 17?? then nobody knows what are the perf. of the TT. and please ,are you honestly comparing the quality of porsche to chevrolet???

Ronnie has to be a teenager. No adult would call himself Ronnie. They would be known as Ron once they graduate from high school. So, I'm also guessing 17.

Seen the pic, now that is simply sooo embarrasing...

Chevy Z06 log-term test pics!! (sorry I couldn't resist! )

typical

Quote:
    RonnieC6Z said:

There is nothing wrong with dreaming. After all you have to have dreams in order to make life interesting .

Never seen this problem with a C5 (or C4), so it makes it very hard to beleive. I bet someone tried to take the top off themsevles to see if they could unbolt and remove it (as with standard C6's). The top is permanently bolted in unlike the standard model. There has been much talk about people trying to modify it to make it removeable. I call BS on that post.

Quote:
    Grant S. said:
    RonnieC6Z, with all due respect why are you here? Why do you continue to stir up crap. Your ignorance is obvious by the way you still continue to compare your car to a car that hasn't even come out yet. If you don't like what we have to say, go to a vette forum, if vettes are better, why do you continue to stay here with us lowly Porsche people?

Grant is right, if you are a vette lover while you are more than welcome to post you have no room to complain. Complain on different forum where Vettes are considered quality cars. I am gald t hear that the Z06 is capable of blowing the doors off of a car that has not even hit the market yet. Drive the Z06 for a while and the rest of the car and engine will match the missing top.

I guess I've been driving my car too fast! Haven't lost the roof yet (only 1500 miles on it though). Yes, there's been one guy who's had the problem three times on a standard C6 (not sure what the dealer's doing). It's black and many are pointing to the adhesive that's being used. EMBARRASING! What are they doing? I had a C5 for eight years (black) with no problems.
    I'm also embarassed when people come over here just to get digs in on the Porsche crowd for no apparent reason. The problem with the Z06 has nothing to do with being "faster" than the 997TT (especially when it's not out yet). They also tend to forget that all the times are posted by professional drivers and not amateurs. On the track, it's a possibility they'd get burried by a prepped 996!
    For now, my car has been flawless. It has an unbelievable engine and chassis (when hooked in a corner, you can really feel how stiff the chassis is by all the feedback coming in through the seat of your pants). I'm loving it.
    Oh, most Vette owners aren't as crass as the several that show-up here every now and then. There's a thread on the Corvette Forum right now where a guy is asking if he should by a Z06 or an AMV8. So far, it's overwhelming the number of responses for the AMV8.

Quote:
    edz61 said:
    Quote:
    Grant S. said:
    If you don't like what we have to say, go to a vette forum, if vettes are better, why do you continue to stay here with us lowly Porsche people?

Grant is right, if you are a vette lover while you are more than welcome to post you have no room to complain. Complain on different forum where Vettes are considered quality cars.

I'm going to jump in and help Ronnie C6Z for a moment here. Even though Rennteam is strongly biased towards Porsche, this is the Sports Car board here.
    As a consequence, Ronnie C6Z has every right to post about the Z06 here. There is little doubt that the C6 is a sports car, is it?

A poorly-built one at that, but still a sports car! This is the kind of car that Colin Chapman would have loved to build. It's affordable, fast... and falls into pieces right after winning the race.

Quote:
    01Box06Z06 said:
    I guess I've been driving my car too fast! Haven't lost the roof yet (only 1500 miles on it though). Yes, there's been one guy who's had the problem three times on a standard C6 (not sure what the dealer's doing). It's black and many are pointing to the adhesive that's being used. EMBARRASING! What are they doing? I had a C5 for eight years (black) with no problems.
    I'm also embarassed when people come over here just to get digs in on the Porsche crowd for no apparent reason. The problem with the Z06 has nothing to do with being "faster" than the 997TT (especially when it's not out yet). They also tend to forget that all the times are posted by professional drivers and not amateurs. On the track, it's a possibility they'd get burried by a prepped 996!
    For now, my car has been flawless. It has an unbelievable engine and chassis (when hooked in a corner, you can really feel how stiff the chassis is by all the feedback coming in through the seat of your pants). I'm loving it.
    Oh, most Vette owners aren't as crass as the several that show-up here every now and then. There's a thread on the Corvette Forum right now where a guy is asking if he should by a Z06 or an AMV8. So far, it's overwhelming the number of responses for the AMV8.

Now this is what I like to hear, a car enthusiast who is a gentleman with a nobel attitude and does not act like a kid, more power to you my friend BOX06Z06

Quote:
    Grant S. said:

You can easily cut him out of your world by hitting the block user button - haven't used it yet but I'm tempted.

Quote:
    01Box06Z06 said:

01Box06Z06,

I appreciate your mature input/post. Believe it or not we have nothing against Vettes or their owners we all actually admire the new Z06 and what GM has put together. At times we get some provocative posts that some us just loose it but no hard feelings anyways .

There are some members of this forum that make provacative comments, and there are others that are completely thin-skinned. This is a sports car forum. Someone posts a thread about a problem with a Vette, and that is cool. Then some of you completely tear down GM and Chevy, and that is cool. But when I jump in, some just can't handle it. You get personal, saying I must be 17 because no mature adult calls himself "Ronnie". (I am far from 17, and can think of a former US president that called himself "Ronnie")
    And of course I am blowing smoke when I say my Z will eat your 997TT. So I will tell you what...if any of you get your hands on a 997TT and are ever in So Cal, meet me at Willow Springs, and we will have a go at it around the 2.5 mile track. You drive your 997TT, and I will drive my Z. Or, if you wish, we can have one of the instructors drive both cars. Then the only thing left for you to decide is how much money you want to bet on the results. That is how confident I am as to which car will have the fastest time.
    Fair enough?

Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    Seen the pic, now that is simply sooo embarrasing...

Chevy Z06 log-term test pics!! (sorry I couldn't resist! )

LOL!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/14/24 3:43 AM
    rhino
    802748 1804
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448421 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    265950 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    89962 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6439 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885438 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    832420 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM