Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

First track day, also one of the worst day

This si the first time i have ever been to a track and man, it is such an experience! The porsche really does a great job in engineering the car, it is awsome! Although I was scared to push the car to the full extent, it is great to just fly into the corner and hear the exhaust note! Now I am thinking that I should do the Porsche Experience program and i think it would be fun!

Ok, after i finish flying around in the track, I was driving my car down the highway and oops, I got a ticket going 92 on a 65. I guess I am still at race mode at that time but on the way home, I took my car to the car wash and the guy who drove me car out from the wash just didn't know how to drive! He stalled my car in the middle of the road and guess what, some one rear ended my car

After that when i am almost home, I feel my shifter became loser and at that momment i thought it is just the heavy shifting done to the car at the track but guess what, a few minutes later my shifter broke, and i am sitting in the middle of the main road calling porsche assistant. Wow, what a day!

Now my car is at the dealership and they said that they will have to replace the whole shifter unit.

3 bad things and 1 good things, but overall, I still had a great time at the track and i guess that compensated for everything!

Re: First track day, also one of the worst day

Wow, you certainly have a positive attitude.
    I guess a very first track day can do that to a person.

over excite!?

yea, great attitude. I would have found the nearest ten story window to jump out of...

Quote:
    JL13 said:
    This si the first time i have ever been to a track and man, it is such an experience! The porsche really does a great job in engineering the car, it is awsome! Although I was scared to push the car to the full extent, it is great to just fly into the corner and hear the exhaust note! Now I am thinking that I should do the Porsche Experience program and i think it would be fun!

Ok, after i finish flying around in the track, I was driving my car down the highway and oops, I got a ticket going 92 on a 65. I guess I am still at race mode at that time but on the way home, I took my car to the car wash and the guy who drove me car out from the wash just didn't know how to drive! He stalled my car in the middle of the road and guess what, some one rear ended my car

After that when i am almost home, I feel my shifter became loser and at that momment i thought it is just the heavy shifting done to the car at the track but guess what, a few minutes later my shifter broke, and i am sitting in the middle of the main road calling porsche assistant. Wow, what a day!

Now my car is at the dealership and they said that they will have to replace the whole shifter unit.

3 bad things and 1 good things, but overall, I still had a great time at the track and i guess that compensated for everything!

Is English your first language?

JJBLADE - are you a silly fellow?

What the is point of your question. This is an international forum with people from all walks of life and countries. This is not English class is it?

Whether English was his first language is besides the point? Is YOUR English at such a low level that you could not undertstand his post?

Re: JJBLADE - are you a silly fellow?

Quote:
    NWturbo said:
    What the is point of your question. This is an international forum with people from all walks of life and countries. This is not English class is it?

Whether English was his first language is besides the point? Is YOUR English at such a low level that you could not undertstand his post?

Wow, that was a very expensive track day. It's always good to see the glass half full.

Quote:
    NWturbo said:

indeed. completely uncalled for.

Yeah whats your problem? They guy just had a terrible experience, and was cool enough to share it with us.

I'm sure nobody would be able to even understand me in any language if I had a day like he described.

Quote:
    NWturbo said:

JJBlade (and whatever else you call yourself on this board!)

Are you intent on giving the UK contingent a reputation for being arrogant, bad-mannered, bad-mouthed and ignorant?

If so, you're making a pretty good job of it!

Exactly what is your problem.

Quote:
    JJBlade said:
    Is English your first language?

You only needed to check his profile to confirm that English quite probably is not his first language, and also to realize that his English is quite probably a lot better than your Chinese.

Quote:
    SrfCity said:
    Wow, that was a very expensive track day. It's always good to see the glass half full.

I like how he sees the best in things

Quote:
    John H said:
    Quote:
    NWturbo said:

Are you intent on giving the UK contingent a reputation for being arrogant, bad-mannered, bad-mouthed and ignorant?

Very positive guy, everyone can learn from that!

Three asylum seeker drving from kosovo , see picture below

also if you know any hit and run ,please send this piciture to the police !!

That's a common problem,--remembering to leave the track style of driving at the TRACK. I hope I can learn from this.

Dan

Thanks for the support guys! I really appreciate it! To JJBlade, no english is not my first language and sorry if i have offended you with my poor grammar. To everyone else, Thanks for the understanding and support and Rennteam is really an international forum that connect people who share a common interest: Porsche

I just talked to the VP at the car wash today and they said that they will take full responsiblity of the accident (which i think that is obvious since i am not even in the car) I also talked to my lawyer about my ticket and he said that I don't even have to worry about it( I guess that comes with a big lawyer fee )

I just cannot wait to go to the track again and those bad experiences did not stop me from falling in love with my porsche. And i guess the experiences that i just had is just part of being a Porsche owner.

Lastly, I finally got my car back from the dealership and man, I miss HER so much!

JL13,

Keep up your very positive attitude bro!
    I hope all gets sorted out in a favorable and expeditious manner!

Quote:
    John H said:
    Quote:
    NWturbo said:

JL13: I respect your very positive attitude despite all the misfortunes. I hope everything will resolve sooner than later.

JJBlade: As a Brit, I am ashamed and embarrassed by your remark. Whether English is JL13's first language is irrelevant: one learns a language to communicate, not to insult.

Quote:
    JL13 said:
    Thanks for the support guys! I really appreciate it! To JJBlade, no english is not my first language and sorry if i have offended you with my poor grammar. To everyone else, Thanks for the understanding and support and Rennteam is really an international forum that connect people who share a common interest: Porsche

I just talked to the VP at the car wash today and they said that they will take full responsiblity of the accident (which i think that is obvious since i am not even in the car) I also talked to my lawyer about my ticket and he said that I don't even have to worry about it( I guess that comes with a big lawyer fee )

I just cannot wait to go to the track again and those bad experiences did not stop me from falling in love with my porsche. And i guess the experiences that i just had is just part of being a Porsche owner.

Lastly, I finally got my car back from the dealership and man, I miss HER so much!

All I asked was a simple question. I have no idea why people on here get so excited but it makes me laugh

Yeah JJ, they should know by now how ornery you can be sometimes. JL13 seemed to know what's up!

ornery - that is a top word. I have never heard of it before but i am going to use at least once a day from now on.

Cheers

Yeah, I'm very familiar with the word because it describes me (rarely ), and many in my family- frequently.

Quote:
    SVNSVN said:
    Yeah, I'm very familiar with the word because it describes me (rarely ), and many in my family- frequently.

Sorry for going OT, but I couldn't resist - can't believe it's you, Richard

As I know that you're working hard on your German language skills, here's how my dictionary explains the meaning of "ornery":

böse (bad/nasty)
    gewöhnlich (ordinary)
    unangenehm (nasty)
    unerzogen (ill bred)
    zankhaft (fractious/quarrelsome)

Now I understand RC's warning in another thread not to meet up with people you just know from the internet forums

I better think twice about our meeting next September - especially when considering that you're a tall guy practicing weight-lifting....

No worries Bro! You know I love to kid and have fun! I wouldn't hurt anyone( only in sports: football, boxing...) unless attacked physically, or if my friends or family are attacked- then look out! Sorry for going off topic, again.

Thanks for the lesson- German is so descriptive!

You 2 take it easy , otherwise the ""THROTTERNATOR"" WILL be in town in sunny September... ..

Look at him , ""Horny"" devil ..
    /uploads/218385-6847.jpg

Quote:
    throt said:

Look at him , ""Horny"" devil ..

Throt, please remember: Rennteam is a forum for mature and well educated sportscar enthusiasts "horny devils" usually appear at other websites/chatrooms
    Sorry for sounding like a strict mod, but I guess it's about time

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    777137 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441670 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262772 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260940 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85200 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5565 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880636 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    815908 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM