Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: SLK 55 (with SLR engine) VS Ferrari Enzo

Quote:
    fritz said:
    Quote:
    W8MM said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:
    I saw the video last week and suspected it was you. It has created quite a stir on some of the other boards. My 430 cannot match your CGT. Of course you know there are many cars which are less expensive and will not only destroy my 430 but your CGT. Here is one a truck; Enjoy!

But Nick,

I'll bet the truck can't get a good valet parking spot in front of your favorite watering hole.

Do they do valet parking at Starbucks and McDonalds?

LOL FRITZ! I almost fell over on my chair! That was absolutely hilarious!

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    fritz said:
    Do they do valet parking at Starbucks and McDonalds?

LOL FRITZ! I almost fell over on my chair! That was absolutely hilarious!

Just my luck you only "almost" fell over. You could have injured yourself, and sued me.

Nick would have taken on your case free-of-charge.

Quote:
    DamienL said:
    This is really an interesting thread. First I see an SLK out accelerate an Enzo and then a Ford Lightening out accelerate a CGT!

I'm sorry but I don't see any truck outrunning a CGT. Look again. We don't even know if the CGT driver actually wanted to race the truck and maybe he accelerated later because he changed his mind. Also CGT clutch operation is tricky, to get a good start, you need some experience. I'm afraid this video is fun but nothing more...it proves NOTHING.

Guys, you really need to come to Germany.
    Last week, driving on the A96 (this is where Alois Ruf tests his beasts at night because it is a pretty nice Autobahn, not only straight but with lots of nice wide and narrow curves). Following a Lamborghini Gallardo with italian license plates, guy was looking very shocked (according to my wife) when he left the Autobahn at Buchloe (this is where BMW Alpina is at home). What has happened? Well, I was on my way to Skyline, a nice amusement park very close to RUF and RS-Tuning and around 50 km from my home. Now guess what I was driving...Cayenne Turbo Powerkit, wife next to me drinking her Coke light, kids behind me, boy sleeping and girl watching Barbie Fairytopia on the DVD system. Speed on the speedo: 282 kph...unfortunately the Lambo driver wasn't going faster. Now some people will say this is insane. It isn't. Whenever you're in Bavaria, drop me a message and we may arrange some Cayenne Turbo driving. You want believe what you can do with this heavy piece of machinery, I already put enough drivers to shame because they underestimated this truck. And if you get used to it, oh boy. Of course I wouldn't have been able to outrun the Lambo but since the driver wasn't used to this speed all the time (Italy has speed limit), it was my playground.

Quote:
    ha said:
    no embarrasment at all... both are owned by Moh'd bin Sulayem of the UAE..

A fellow rallye driver, I have a lot of respect for him.
    BTW: I saw a TV report about him and his family a few years ago. He showed his house, his garage, his little daughter playing with a LIVING little Bambi in the living room (or better said: living HALL ) and although he gave the interview in arabic (with english translation), he was speaking English fluently. I loved it when he mentioned that he always had to hide the car keys of the supercars because his little son would always "steal" the keys and go to the cars in the garage. My son does the same, we have to hide our car keys too now...he is only 2 years old.

Seems to be a very nice person and a family man, despite his "jobs" as business man, secretary of state (don't remember what affairs) and passionate talented rallye driver. I was very impressed and positively surprised.
    I hope he is doing well.

Amazing what my CTT "could" do. Driving more than 100mph on the open road here in the US is already a very stupid thing to do IMHO (personal risk/liabilities). Oh well, still amazing pull in 2nd/3rd gear when the turbos kick in...

Quote:
    RC said:
    Guys, you really need to come to Germany.
    Last week, driving on the A96 (this is where Alois Ruf tests his beasts at night because it is a pretty nice Autobahn, not only straight but with lots of nice wide and narrow curves). Following a Lamborghini Gallardo with italian license plates, guy was looking very shocked (according to my wife) when he left the Autobahn at Buchloe (this is where BMW Alpina is at home). What has happened? Well, I was on my way to Skyline, a nice amusement park very close to RUF and RS-Tuning and around 50 km from my home. Now guess what I was driving...Cayenne Turbo Powerkit, wife next to me drinking her Coke light, kids behind me, boy sleeping and girl watching Barbie Fairytopia on the DVD system. Speed on the speedo: 282 kph...unfortunately the Lambo driver wasn't going faster. Now some people will say this is insane. It isn't. Whenever you're in Bavaria, drop me a message and we may arrange some Cayenne Turbo driving. You want believe what you can do with this heavy piece of machinery, I already put enough drivers to shame because they underestimated this truck. And if you get used to it, oh boy. Of course I wouldn't have been able to outrun the Lambo but since the driver wasn't used to this speed all the time (Italy has speed limit), it was my playground.

I wish I had a father like you when I was small! Would love to be sleeping and doing 282kph at the same time, how many two year olds can say they've done that

Quote:
    RC said:
    Quote:
    DamienL said:
    This is really an interesting thread. First I see an SLK out accelerate an Enzo and then a Ford Lightening out accelerate a CGT!

I'm sorry but I don't see any truck outrunning a CGT. Look again. We don't even know if the CGT driver actually wanted to race the truck and maybe he accelerated later because he changed his mind. Also CGT clutch operation is tricky, to get a good start, you need some experience. I'm afraid this video is fun but nothing more...it proves NOTHING.

Well, even IF that truck could take out a CGT at the lights, does it really matter?

I watched the video a couple more times, and I do think that the CGT driver went for it, especially after he said to the Lightening driver at the lights, "Good thing I know what's in that or I'd have to take this into the shop and tell them it wasn't working right."

You make a good point about the CGT's clutch. If I were in that car, I wouldn't want to risk frying the clutch while street racing a truck of all things. It's very possible that he took it easy on the launch.

I disagree that the video proves nothing though. In my view, it proves that a heavily modded Lightening truck on any given day has the potential to outrun a CGT with perhaps a cautious driver in a traffic light grand prix. I just think it proves a pretty meaningless fact.

Quote:
    RC said:
    Quote:
    DamienL said:

Once again, RC is here, just in the nick of time to save hes beloved P-Cars from any possibility that there is anything on the planet that may be faster! Now I can sleep!

That cgt wasn't racing that guy. sure he stepped on it a little but that lightning no matter how modded it was can't hang, unless it had slicks. It was even hooking

Quote:
    rhino said:
    That cgt wasn't racing that guy. sure he stepped on it a little but that lightning no matter how modded it was can't hang, unless it had slicks. It was even hooking

Don't underestimate any modded car, or truck in this case. Yes the Ford spun at the start, but as I stated above, the CGT driver probably took it easy on the launch. I'm sure the Lightening must be putting out some serious power to be able to pull a little of the Porsche. It didn't drive away from the CGT in the video, but it did out accelerate it.

That's just the video as I see it. Maybe I have a distorted perception of reality in this case, but I think it's very possible, especially with the comment by the CGT driver quoted in my above post.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    ha said:
    Quote:
    trip said:
    Must be embarassing for nick then.

No!

Nick doesn't care for power, torque, handling, braking, top speed, street preformance, track preformance, reliability, value for money, or engineering for that matter.

HE CARES ABOUT RESALE VALUE.

Can you imagine what it would have done to your CGT? At least the Enzo owner is secure in the thought that should he want to sell his car he can get much more than what he paid for it. It is consolation enough for losing.

With your CGT, not only do you get your rear end handed to you but at the end of the day your car has lost another substantial percentage in value.

For the record, I am not a fan of the Enzo. But for the CGT poor resale value, I would take it any day over the Enzo.

Can you imagine what it would have done to your F430?

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    777723 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441890 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262870 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261082 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85348 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5631 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880760 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    816217 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM