Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

997TT order

Its that time again and I need to give my order to dealer for Sept build. Please let know if I am missing anything important. PPCB coulnd't be justified. Cost of break job is $10K compared to $1.5K per my service advisor.

997 Turbo
    Manual
    Atlas Grey
    Black leather
    Adaptive sport seats
    Heated seats
    Thicker steering wheel
    Sport Chrono plus Turbo
    Sport shifter?? What is the STD shifter on TT?
    Crest in headrest
    Fire Extinguisher

Re: 997TT order

Rear park assist, red seatbelts, leather dash

Quote:
    silverrules said:
    Its that time again and I need to give my order to dealer for Sept build. Please let know if I am missing anything important. PPCB coulnd't be justified. Cost of break job is $10K compared to $1.5K per my service advisor.

997 Turbo
    Manual
    Atlas Grey
    Black leather
    Adaptive sport seats
    Heated seats
    Thicker steering wheel
    Sport Chrono plus Turbo
    Sport shifter?? What is the STD shifter on TT?
    Crest in headrest
    Fire Extinguisher

Option 220 Rear diff lock

is a must for pleasure to drive!

Rear park assist is a must IMO. Now the horrible waiting for the delivery date starts, good luck.

painted side skirts, adabtive sports seats with seat backs painted in car colour, might also consider red or yellow tachometer dials.

Rear park assist? WHY?!? Is the view to the rear that bad that you can't see where the wall is? Park assist cars look like someone shot at the bumper... looks even worse than a rear wiper imo.
    -Joost-

The only car I've driver where I felt absolutely at a loss without the park assist was the Rolls Royce Phantom.

Let's not compare it with the 911 Turbo

Think you have the 3 most important imho. Ad seats, thicker wheel & sports chrono. Rear consule in leather is real nice. I'd go w/ the PCCb's too but understand your point.

park assist is an absolute no,no.

imo turbo insignia in carbon looks really snazzy in the door sills, but unless u get some other carbon options, it'll look out of place.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    park assist is an absolute no,no.

seconded

lose the park assist.

and lose that fire extinguisher, tres '80s...

add some leather, you'll appreciate it~~

Quote:
    igzaklee said:
    lose the park assist.

and lose that fire extinguisher, tres '80s...

So fires were "out" in the '90s?

LSD option...for a manual 997 TT a MUST.
    The park sensors are a matter of need. Do you REALLY need them? I hardly park my 997 Turbo in the city, so I didn't order this option. In my opinion, it somehow ruins the car's rear design, especially with lighter colors.
    Short shifter? Definetely yes but expect a somehow "stiffer" shift feel, which may require slightly more muscle and can sometimes also feel a little bit jerky. But it works fine and adds fun.

Good luck.

Thanks Guys!!! Appreciate all your feedbacks.
    -Will add the rear console in leather. Thanks STRADALE. I will still toy around with the PCCB.
    -Red seat belt will be added. Thanks Rhino
    -Will consider the back seat in exterior color. Thanks intouch1
    -Will loose the fire ext.
    -Rear diff lock. I will need to study this one. Don't know much about it. Thanks Darius.
    -Will add the LSD. Thanks RC !
    -Isn't the dash already leather?
    -What other area should be leather? Thanks igzaklee
    -We all missed the 6 CD changer. Will be added unless you guy's know something I don't.
    Hey, no one said anything about the color Atlas grey. Tell me please if I am making a mistake on this color. GT silver is also AWESOME. I saw the Atlas grey at my dealer on a 997S cab under the sun and was impressed. Unfortunately it was on a cab. It will be much nicer on the TT coupe.
    All of a sudden I can't sleep much at night anymore

If money is no real issue to you, you should definetely get the PCCB. The LSD is the rear lock diff., just in case there has been confusion.
    Painted back of front seats is a good idea, I ordered that too.
    How about carbon instead of leather? To make sure you don't pay too much, get the small carbon package, it just adds some carbon to the gear stick, the handbrake and a narrow liner from left to right in the front, looks great and doesn't cost too much. Also get the rear mid console in carbon and not in leather, looks great.
    Stick with the fire ext., you never know.
    Red seat belts are great if you're not ordering PCCB.
    The 6 CD changer isn't really needed if you're a MP3 enthusiast. The CD player in the PCM plays MP3 and WMA files, you can fill up an ordinary CD with more than 150 songs, spending money for the CD changer is not necessary.
    Also if you need to save some cost, get rid of the adaptive sport seats and stick with the "normal" sport seats. They're great too. Unless you have a "special" body shape.

Leather door finisher, part behing the steering wheel, part around the dome light and sunvisors (in that order).

Illuminated door sills.

Changing the rear console is a must (anything but stock).

I like rear parking sensors, especially if you valet the car or for the wife.

Save the CD changer and get an iPod hookup.

Quote:
    RC said:
    If money is no real issue to you, you should definetely get the PCCB. The LSD is the rear lock diff., just in case there has been confusion.
    How about carbon instead of leather? To make sure you don't pay too much, get the small carbon package, it just adds some carbon to the gear stick, the handbrake and a narrow liner from left to right in the front, looks great and doesn't cost too much. Also get the rear mid console in carbon and not in leather, looks great.
    The 6 CD changer isn't really needed if you're a MP3 enthusiast. The CD player in the PCM plays MP3 and WMA files, you can fill up an ordinary CD with more than 150 songs, spending money for the CD changer is not necessary.
    Also if you need to save some cost, get rid of the adaptive sport seats and stick with the "normal" sport seats. They're great too. Unless you have a "special" body shape.

Thanks RC for your advice, you just saved me $600 on CD changer. Now I know why you guys are not ordering the CD changer. My 05 cab does not have MP3. LSD will be added. Will definitly add the painted backseats. will look at the sport seat at the dealer tomorrow and compare to ADAP seat. Will be looking at the Atlas grey once again tomorrow and decide between GT silver or Atlas. Thanks again.

Quote:
    SciFrog said:
    Leather door finisher, part behing the steering wheel, part around the dome light and sunvisors (in that order).

Illuminated door sills.

Changing the rear console is a must (anything but stock).

I like rear parking sensors, especially if you valet the car or for the wife.

Save the CD changer and get an iPod hookup.

Thanks Sci. Will definitly change the rear consol and the door carpets have to go as it looks cheap.

Quote:
    RC said:

RC if we order "small carbon package" with a tip car will it cover part of the gear shift also??

Quote:
    silverrules said:
    -Will add the rear console in leather. Thanks STRADALE. I will still toy around with the PCCB.
    -Rear diff lock. I will need to study this one. Don't know much about it. Thanks Darius.
    -We all missed the 6 CD changer. Will be added unless you guy's know something I don't.
    Hey, no one said anything about the color Atlas grey. Tell me please if I am making a mistake on this color. GT silver is also AWESOME. I saw the Atlas grey at my dealer on a 997S cab under the sun and was impressed. Unfortunately it was on a cab. It will be much nicer on the TT coupe.

Yes the dash leather is standard on Turbo. (Full leather)Maybe he's referring to the upper dash by the defroster & speaker. "Leather Package switch panel". Leather side vents air vent slats central air vent , etc. dash speaker & defroster trim. Don't know the option code but it's a real nice touch. But w/ the Turbo you can just do the Defroster Trim and air vents in leather on the very front part of the dash without having to do the slats like w/ the 997 S.

You're welcome. The rear center consule in leather is probably the nicest leather option besides full leather so you're making a good choice with that addition. IMHO. If you do the rear center consule also do the gear lever trim. It's the piece in front of the gear lever.

I'm not a fan of painting interior pieces the outside color. For whatever reason I really don't care for the way it looks, in my eyes in cheapens the outside paint color somewhat to paint the plastic interior pieces with matching paint. Leather inside/ Paint outside imo... And because you're getting Adaptive Sport seats the stock finish on the Seat backs which is real nice ties the rest of the interior together matching the dash. But you cant go wrong adding leather to what would otherwise be plastic. If anything if it's available I'd go with leather seat backs not paint. The only downside there is if you have frequent back seat passengers I would be concerned about the leather.

Regarding the CD changer. I'll probably leave it off my Turbo Cab order. I have it in my 997 S Cab and haven't used it once in the past year.

Regarding other parts in leather - Around the door handles (door finishers)& inner sill. Also, I like the leather bound mats in my cab. Leather Sunvisors are nice too but more so for a cabriolet. The steering column in leather and the rear view mirror in leather doesn't make much sense to me. The dome lamp in leather is nice.

Just noticed you can get the A/B & C Pilars in leather, that's nice. Also love the way the storage compartment lid w/ logo looks.

Quote:
    RC said:
    The park sensors are a matter of need. Do you REALLY need them? I hardly park my 997 Turbo in the city, so I didn't order this option. In my opinion, it somehow ruins the car's rear design, especially with lighter colors.
    Short shifter? Definetely yes but expect a somehow "stiffer" shift feel, which may require slightly more muscle and can sometimes also feel a little bit jerky. But it works fine and adds fun.

Good luck.

RC,

Could you elaborate on the Diff Lock ? Why is it a must on the manual/ tia ~

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    RC said:

Good luck.

RC,

Could you elaborate on the Diff Lock ? Why is it a must on the manual/ tia ~

Stradale,
    Here is what I found on the TT brocure on LSD.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    silverrules said:

Yes the dash leather is standard on Turbo. (Full leather)Maybe he's referring to the upper dash by the defroster & speaker. "Leather Package switch panel". Leather side vents air vent slats central air vent , etc. dash speaker & defroster trim. Don't know the option code but it's a real nice touch. But w/ the Turbo you can just do the Defroster Trim and air vents in leather on the very front part of the dash without having to do the slats like w/ the 997 S.

You're welcome. The rear center consule in leather is probably the nicest leather option besides full leather so you're making a good choice with that addition. IMHO. If you do the rear center consule also do the gear lever trim. It's the piece in front of the gear lever.

I'm not a fan of painting interior pieces the outside color. For whatever reason I really don't care for the way it looks, in my eyes in cheapens the outside paint color somewhat to paint the plastic interior pieces with matching paint. Leather inside/ Paint outside imo... And because you're getting Adaptive Sport seats the stock finish on the Seat backs which is real nice ties the rest of the interior together matching the dash. But you cant go wrong adding leather to what would otherwise be plastic. If anything if it's available I'd go with leather seat backs not paint. The only downside there is if you have frequent back seat passengers I would be concerned about the leather.

Regarding the CD changer. I'll probably leave it off my Turbo Cab order. I have it in my 997 S Cab and haven't used it once in the past year.

Regarding other parts in leather - Around the door handles (door finishers)& inner sill. Also, I like the leather bound mats in my cab. Leather Sunvisors are nice too but more so for a cabriolet. The steering column in leather and the rear view mirror in leather doesn't make much sense to me. The dome lamp in leather is nice.

Just noticed you can get the A/B & C Pilars in leather, that's nice. Also love the way the storage compartment lid w/ logo looks.

Thanks Stradale for your time and good advice.
    Went to the dealer today and spent good 3 hrs looking around. Test drove a 996 TT, and boy what a diffrence between 997 and 996. The sport shifter is a must. The backseat painted color is not needed. Atals grey is droped, and GT silver is the winner. I still cant figure out why $2400 for this color. Here is the final list for now.
    997 Turbo, $122,900
    Manual
    GT silver Metallic, U2, $2380
    Black leather, $0
    Black Mats - Porsche lettering, M6A, $115
    Extended navigation module, 672, $205
    PCCB, 450, $8,840
    Rear Center Console - Leather, XMZ, $1260
    Adaptive sport seats, PO1L, $1145
    LSD (axle differential lock, 220, $950
    Heated seats, 342, $480
    Thicker Steering Wheel-Leather, XPA, $310
    Sport Chorono plus Turbo, 640, $1840
    Storage Lid Bin W/Porsche Crst, CPT, $290
    Gear Lever Trim Leather, CDZ, $250
    Sport shifter, XCZ, $765
    Crest in headrest, XSC, $270
    Fire Extinguisher, 590, $140

Total $142,140

Porsche A.G. says:

Many of us are lucky, lucky people

Quote:
    silverrules said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    silverrules said:

Went to the dealer today and spent good 3 hrs looking around. Test drove a 996 TT, and boy what a diffrence between 997 and 996. The sport shifter is a must. The backseat painted color is not needed. Atals grey is droped, and GT silver is the winner. I still cant figure out why $2400 for this color. Here is the final list for now.
    997 Turbo, $122,900
    Manual
    Black leather, $0
    PCCB, 450, $8,840
    Heated seats, 342, $480
    Sport shifter, XCZ, $765

Total $142,140

You're welcome.

I didn't say anythingabout the Atlas because color is such a subjective thing but your switch to GT-Silver from Atlas is a good one IMO. But again IMO even if the GT-Silver were a no cost option I'd still select Artic. It's what I have now and will be ordering for my Turbo. To me the Artic is a true Silver the GT-Silver is too grey. A little too much like seal grey. But like I said with Artic or GT-Silver both are really nice so it's like telling someone Apple Juice tastes better than Orange juice. Guess that analogy is a little strange but you know what I mean I hope. You'll be real happy w/ the GT-Silver.

Regarding the seats - I was looking at them in my cab yesterday afternoon while out on a drive and think you're making a good choice to leave the seat backs alone.

Adding PCCB's are your best choice yet imo.

The thicker steering wheel is half the price it was in my S Cab. You'll love that option too. Both Turbo's at the Turbo Lounge had this option for good reason.

The reason why I suggested the storage compartment lid w/ logo yesterday is because you already had the crests on the seat backs. Just imo the "turbo" logo would look better because it's different than the crests which you already have on the seats which I have in my cab too and love. That's the way I'm going to do it anyway with my turbo. Crests on the seats, turBo logo on the storage lid but it's again just a matter of what you like.

I added up my approx $ cost for my Turbo Cab last night. Ready ? $150,000. Very, very similar to your specs here including PCCB's. The only major difference between your specs & what I'm ordering is the cost for the cabriolet and the paint. There's some smaller no big deal stuff so obviously I think you're set-up is a big thumbs up.

What is this option you list : ?
    >>Extended navigation module, 672, $205<<

I forget is there a gas guzzler tax like I had to pay on my CS ?

What is it like 'Posi' traction ? I thought the turbo already was.
    Can anyone explain this further ?

I suspect everyone on this forum knows the answer to this question, except me...but here goes. Was the original german racing color silver or white?

Quote:
    BD 997 said:

RC if we order "small carbon package" with a tip car will it cover part of the gear shift also??

Check out the Car Configurator on the UK Porsche site: http://www.porsche.com/uk/ It offers the possibility to see your configuration in "3D" incl. the interior. When you add or remove an option, it shows up immediately on the displayed image of the car's exterior or interior. Very nice, especially for our US friends since the US configurator for the 997 Turbo doesn't seem to be online yet.

Quote:
    LoranTw said:
    I suspect everyone on this forum knows the answer to this question, except me...but here goes. Was the original german racing color silver or white?

It was white, with red numbers (and black rubber ). The flag of the 2nd German Empire had 3 horizontal stripes: black, white and red, so this color scheme was pretty fitting.

One day, Auto-Union or MB (don't remember any more) had to leave a car unpainted to meet maximum weight regulations. Thus the Silver Arrows were born.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    silverrules said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    silverrules said:

997 Turbo, $122,900
    Manual
    Black leather, $0
    PCCB, 450, $8,840
    Heated seats, 342, $480
    Sport shifter, XCZ, $765

Total $142,140

You're welcome.

I didn't say anythingabout the Atlas because color is such a subjective thing but your switch to GT-Silver from Atlas is a good one IMO. But again IMO even if the GT-Silver were a no cost option I'd still select Artic. It's what I have now and will be ordering for my Turbo. To me the Artic is a true Silver the GT-Silver is too grey. A little too much like seal grey. But like I said with Artic or GT-Silver both are really nice so it's like telling someone Apple Juice tastes better than Orange juice. Guess that analogy is a little strange but you know what I mean I hope. You'll be real happy w/ the GT-Silver.

Regarding the seats - I was looking at them in my cab yesterday afternoon while out on a drive and think you're making a good choice to leave the seat backs alone.

Adding PCCB's are your best choice yet imo.

The thicker steering wheel is half the price it was in my S Cab. You'll love that option too. Both Turbo's at the Turbo Lounge had this option for good reason.

The reason why I suggested the storage compartment lid w/ logo yesterday is because you already had the crests on the seat backs. Just imo the "turbo" logo would look better because it's different than the crests which you already have on the seats which I have in my cab too and love. That's the way I'm going to do it anyway with my turbo. Crests on the seats, turBo logo on the storage lid but it's again just a matter of what you like.

I added up my approx $ cost for my Turbo Cab last night. Ready ? $150,000. Very, very similar to your specs here including PCCB's. The only major difference between your specs & what I'm ordering is the cost for the cabriolet and the paint. There's some smaller no big deal stuff so obviously I think you're set-up is a big thumbs up.

What is this option you list : ?
    >>Extended navigation module, 672, $205<<

I forget is there a gas guzzler tax like I had to pay on my CS ?

Stradale,
    Extended Navigation Module Records route and triangulates vehicle position in unmapped areas and allows for"back- track" navigation via GPS and compass coordinates and for $205, its worthed.

I am very happy with my order now and special thanks to all rennteam members. This is a awesome website and my 2nd car that I am ordering using the knowledge of you all car enthusiast. It makes it much more fun. The reason I didn't go with Arctic is I have a Cayenne S and my last Boxster was a Arctic silver and need a little change, just a little. They are both awesome color.
    I cant recall paying gas guzzler tax on my CS. Thanks again and now the wait begins

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    779188 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442233 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263102 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261379 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85612 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5803 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881080 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    817494 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM