Crown

Board: Porsche Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: First Panamera spy shots

Eeww!

Not impressed with someone's photoshop skills...

What's with the dual Cayman S pipes? They look so condensed and out of place. I hope the true Panamera looks more refined than this ...

The title "spy shots" is probably a bit misleading

Quote:
    bluelines said:
    The title "spy shots" is probably a bit misleading

Indead. It looks like sime old photoshops. As americans would say: deja vu

Thats HORRIBLE!! The ones we have had here before look like exclusive supercars, that looks like a ford sedan.

Thats just a bad mix of a Cayman and something ugly

I dont know what they try to do... they try to make Porsche become BMW.

This is what I hope the Panamera looks like...

Haha, exellent pics... cut-and-paste from the current Porsche model range to create a new model. The only thing we know is that it will not look like any of those...

Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:
    http://www.worldcarfans.com/spyphotos.cf...mera-spy-photos

PHOTOSHOP, WORTH NOTHING!!!!

Why just not ignore the chop and focus more on the spy shots themselves? Its pointless of you guys to bitsch about the artistic impression since its pretty obvious that its just a chop. Geez.

Quote:
    ed_moree said:
    Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:
    http://www.worldcarfans.com/spyphotos.cf...mera-spy-photos

PHOTOSHOP, WORTH NOTHING!!!!

I think he knows that you know, he's not that d....

(I'm kidding you Ron )

i don't see the point of that website posting those 'shots'

it seems either they got lazy and were looking for a scoop, or someone really messed up.

looks like a slightly modified cayenne, how can anyone know its a panamera mule?!

wider fenders (bah) 'insant giveaway?' i think not

I suspect the Panamera will be a conglamoration of all the other Porsche models given their corporate stated philosophy of parts sharing, engineering and styling.

I am sure there will be a lot of Cayenne in the car.

These photoshopped pictures look good to me and certainly I would consider buying one BUT FOR my concern of huge depreciation. I have no interest in lining Porsche's pockets at my expense.

Quote:
    I suspect the Panamera will be a conglamoration of all the other Porsche models given their corporate stated philosophy of parts sharing, engineering and styling.

An excellent observation.

The Panamera project was given green light for almost a year ago and the Panamera(Cayenne) seem at worldcarfans is probably having its chassi and suspension tested.
    Companies developing totally new modells usually camo the new model by using the body of an existing modell. Audi used this method last year when testing the up coming A5 coupe.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    I suspect the Panamera will be a conglomeration of all the other Porsche models given their corporate stated philosophy of parts sharing, engineering and styling.

Can you state categorically that there is not one part in any Ferrari shared with a Fiat?

Quote:
    BC997J said:
    This is what I hope the Panamera looks like...

Me too BC, that thing is stunning....Loved it from the first time I saw it months back!

I dont understand why porsche's strategy move to other type of cars such as cayenne or panarema or etc.
    I dont mention Cayman or Boxster. But in my oppinion Cayenne maybe panarema in the future takes porsches reputation a little bit different
    For example Cayenne(my ex was 05 S) It is fast , good road handling than Range Rover but not as comfortable and luxury like Range Rover. Than no such a big difference than a Range Rover. Also in same price area.
    Panarema: I dont know but just guessing that Panarema will have about same HP area(except if thery produce a Pan Turbo) of new CLS 500 (388HP) and 650CI(367hp) and the performance will be same...Maybe slightly better.
    Why does porsche want to be a larger company? Audi politics?? Porsche means 911, if they keep 911's soul it will be enough to remember porsche word....

hope the panorama is better than the quattroporte. my friend is waiting to get one.

Ron...this is just a computer aided design thing, not a spypic and not too close to the real thing (which of course I can't know but I sort of "feel" it... )

Quote:
    VGA18 said:
    I dont understand why porsche's strategy move to other type of cars such as cayenne or panarema or etc.
    I dont mention Cayman or Boxster. But in my oppinion Cayenne maybe panarema in the future takes porsches reputation a little bit different
    For example Cayenne(my ex was 05 S) It is fast , good road handling than Range Rover but not as comfortable and luxury like Range Rover. Than no such a big difference than a Range Rover. Also in same price area.
    Panarema: I dont know but just guessing that Panarema will have about same HP area(except if thery produce a Pan Turbo) of new CLS 500 (388HP) and 650CI(367hp) and the performance will be same...Maybe slightly better.
    Why does porsche want to be a larger company? Audi politics?? Porsche means 911, if they keep 911's soul it will be enough to remember porsche word....

...it's because they no longer rule the roost in the performance category. Too much competition for them to be the big fish in the little pond. They need to be able to diversify while their brand still has meaning left. How long has it been since they left factory racing?

Quote:
    VGA18 said:

It is all about money. Just look at the 911, the couple of thousands are sold every year but that car alone isn't enough to keep the manufacturer alive. Therefor Porsche has to diversify in order to keep their profit up. Personally I think that Porsche has diversified in a very beautiful way. I don't mind Porsche introducing new models as long as they are on top of the good chain and so far they have managed to produce cars with unbeatable driving characteristics.

I'm very postitive to the Panamera project and it will be what the world has been waiting for in decades, a proper four door sedan. It will probably beat cars like the M5, E55 and RS6 around any track and will instantly become an icon. Further more it is money that has come from the Cayenne's success that has made it able for Porsche to develop new cars like the Cayman and Panamera.

Quote:
    luwalira said:
    Further more it is money that has come from the Cayenne's success that has made it able for Porsche to develop new cars like the Cayman and Panamera.

Without the Cayenne, the new 997 Turbo would probably be just an "improved" 996 Turbo, no VTG technology, no PTM, no... I'm very thankful for the Cayenne and the Cayenne TUrbo is a blast to drive. Of course I'm not always happy with Porsche but I shouldn't complaint.

Quote:
    SoCalHoosier said:
    ...it's because they no longer rule the roost in the performance category. Too much competition for them to be the big fish in the little pond. They need to be able to diversify while their brand still has meaning left. How long has it been since they left factory racing?

They lack in HP, not in performance.
    Look at the AMV8, they built it to be on par with the performance of the 911 CS for $20,000 more. Result: slower despite more HP.

Porsche doesn't want to give into the HP war, they just try to top off the competition with just the right amount of HP. I like that philosophy, but to a certain point. And this is where they will loose some customers in the long run. Porsche's whole lineup under the 997TT/GT3 needs 30 more HP RIGHT NOW.

If you want massive HP (400+), get a Mercedes AMG or a Z06. They can be faster in straight line, but with brute force, not elegant.

so what would have to change for it to be more like the real thing that you can't know about?

aloha

steve

Quote:
    nberry said:
    certainly I would consider buying one BUT FOR my concern of huge depreciation. I have no interest in lining Porsche's pockets at my expense.

Nick, why not buy it used after the biggest depreciation hit has taken place?

Quote:
    macsak said:
    so what would have to change for it to be more like the real thing that you can't know about?

aloha

steve

Well, that's the thing, Porsche doesn't need to do much about it. Add 10% more HP to the whole lineup and most complaints will go away. But in trying to maximaze profits, they of course fall a hair short of that. Sadly, very very smart move.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    777697 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441884 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262864 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261076 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85341 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5626 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880746 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    816205 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM