Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 991 Language: English Region: Worldwide - Europe Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Porsche 911 production numbers

Hello,

Does anybody know were to find the production numbers of the different 911's. Is this information somewhere on the internet. How many GT3 or Turbo's per year are being build/produced?

Re: Porsche 911 production numbers

JR-550:

Hello,

Does anybody know were to find the production numbers of the different 911's. Is this information somewhere on the internet. How many GT3 or Turbo's per year are being build/produced?

Not easy since Porsche doesn't exactly make this differentiation when they publish production numbers.

If I could guess, maybe 1500 GT3 and 4000 Turbo/Turbo S? Something like that, I don't know.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

This report just released doesn't address the question of 911-variant production figures, but might interest some here all the same:

FRANKFURT (Dow Jones)-- Der Sportwagenbauer Porsche hat im vergangenen Jahr weltweit 225.121 Fahrzeuge ausgeliefert und damit die Bestmarke aus dem Jahr 2014 um 19 Prozent übertroffen. Wachstumsträger waren die SUV-Modelle, wie die Volkswagen-Tochter mitteilte. Bestseller war im ersten Jahr seiner vollen Verfügbarkeit mit mehr als 80.000 ausgelieferten Autos der Macan. Dicht dahinter folgte der Cayenne (73.119). Macan und Cayenne erreichten im Vergleich zum Vorjahreszeitraum zweistellige Wachstumsraten. Stärkster Einzelmarkt war 2015 erstmals China: Dort lieferte Porsche 58.009 Fahrzeuge aus, ein Plus von 24 Prozent. Die USA waren mit 51.756 Fahrzeugen und einem Zuwachs von 10 Prozent an zweiter Position. Der europäische Markt wuchs um 24 Prozent auf 75.354 Einheiten.

--

fritz

JR-550:

Hello,

Usually (imho) the best source for this information are the books such as:

"Porsche Red Book (1965 - 2005)" : by Patrick Paternie and the  "Original Porsche 911" by Peter Morgan , you can find them both on Amazon.

You will find in those books very detailed data about production numbers. However from model year  2000 Porsche did not provide a breakdown of chassis and engine serial numbers, therefore the data after that year and the models you have asked  might have non official production numbers and thus less accurate (or even very wrong).  There is however an official Porsche publication from the Porsche Museum called "Porsche Turbo Stories" where there was an indication of the Turbo production numbers up to the 997 Turbo MK I.  (this book is available on the Porsche Driver`s Selection on line shop).

fritz:

This report just released doesn't address the question of 911-variant production figures, but might interest some here all the same:

FRANKFURT (Dow Jones)-- Der Sportwagenbauer Porsche hat im vergangenen Jahr weltweit 225.121 Fahrzeuge ausgeliefert und damit die Bestmarke aus dem Jahr 2014 um 19 Prozent übertroffen. Wachstumsträger waren die SUV-Modelle, wie die Volkswagen-Tochter mitteilte. Bestseller war im ersten Jahr seiner vollen Verfügbarkeit mit mehr als 80.000 ausgelieferten Autos der Macan. Dicht dahinter folgte der Cayenne (73.119). Macan und Cayenne erreichten im Vergleich zum Vorjahreszeitraum zweistellige Wachstumsraten. Stärkster Einzelmarkt war 2015 erstmals China: Dort lieferte Porsche 58.009 Fahrzeuge aus, ein Plus von 24 Prozent. Die USA waren mit 51.756 Fahrzeugen und einem Zuwachs von 10 Prozent an zweiter Position. Der europäische Markt wuchs um 24 Prozent auf 75.354 Einheiten.

I am actually surprised that the Cayenne is still doing so well... I like the Cayenne more than the Macan but in my hometown, I see lots of Macan but barely a (new) Cayenne anymore.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

The Cayenne is just too expensive vs the Macan... Not everyone needs all that space especially in europe. My third Cayenne turbo would be in my garage now if it wasn't for the Macan but saved a lot. Thank you Porsche kiss

They all drive in Zürich. I'm actually surprised be the number of facelift Cayennes I see here. With two kids and luggage the Macan is too small.

--

2012 Cayenne S White/Espresso 

Ex: 993 Targa, 986S, 986 and 964 C2

Well for us with two kids and luggages the Cayenne is too small for except for short trips anyway hence the Macan. Plus in the USA you don't really drive anywhere, you fly...

SciFrog:

The Cayenne is just too expensive vs the Macan... Not everyone needs all that space especially in europe. My third Cayenne turbo would be in my garage now if it wasn't for the Macan but saved a lot. Thank you Porsche kiss

I dont think that the Cayenne is too expensive vs. the Macan. The price is almost the same Smiley

Lars997:

I dont think that the Cayenne is too expensive vs. the Macan. The price is almost the same Smiley

Agree in Switzerland a 420HP Cayenne (S)  is actually cheaper than a 400HP Macan (Turbo). (comparing starting price)

--

Cayenne turbo vs Macan turbo at same option level, Macan is 25% cheaper.

Well the Cayenne Turbo has 30% more HP and a V8. Sounds like a bargain to me 

--

The Cayenne turbo 0-60 might be a hair faster but no PDK and Macan more fun to drive, more like a Panamera. A real bargain, something very rare in Porsche world today. I never cared for the Cayenne TTS sound before so going to a V6 doesn't change anything. The Cayenne is also over  500lbs heavier and since this is a daily driver real world performance will be the same, the Macan in this case was a no brainer.

993Targa:

They all drive in Zürich. I'm actually surprised be the number of facelift Cayennes I see here. With two kids and luggage the Macan is too small.

This is our main problem. One reason why we always travel with my Jeep SRT. The Jeep goes away next year in February and we are going to have a serious problem, a problem my wife loves to ignore (for now).

My wife just didn't want the Cayenne anymore, she claims that the Macan fits her like a glove and the Cayenne is too big in comparison. There is only little difference between Macan and Cayenne size (at least nothing to write home about) but if my wife feels better in the Macan, I can't force her to get a Cayenne. They had that nice new facelift white Cayenne Turbo when we were at my dealer and at almost the same lease cost, what a shame. Smiley Wives. Smiley Smiley Since she pays for her car (it is her business car), I had no possibility to convince her to get the Cayenne. My son even threatened her not to drive with her in the Macan but no chance, my wife didn't care. 

Btw: Our kids don't really like the Macan, which is surprising. They loved the Cayenne, they love the Jeep GC SRT though. Interesting. 

--

The Macan is smaller in the back, no wonder they prefer the Cayenne or Jeep...

SciFrog:

The Macan is smaller in the back, no wonder they prefer the Cayenne or Jeep...

Nope, it is something different. It has to do with sympathy, fond memories, perception or whatever, I never really figured it out. My daughter still misses our 955 Turbo S, it was the family car she was moved around in most of the time when she was smaller, so... Smiley

If I ask my kids what family car they want (instead of the Jeep), the Cayenne still wins the first place. Second is the...Cadillac Escalade and then, far away, the Mercedes G class. Macan...X3...X5...GL...my kids never liked them. This is actually pretty interesting.

--

Hey RC - regarding that SRT we are kind of in the same boat. One difference, my wife loves to ride it and she is used to handle bigger sizes angry However I'm without any creativity what to buy next. The Cayenne, GLE, GLS, G, SRT is doesn't make sense as the successor will arrive until 2018. - so after 1 year you basically have an old car. What stays is the X5 and Range Rover / Range Rover Sport which all should be facelifted until end of the year or latest until spring. The X5 is a no-go for my wife, to many of those cars on the street (even the X5M looks the same as the normal one). The Range Rovers.... not really a fan of current model line up, the SVR seems to be too expensive and again, hard to get one.  So what to do? How about an Model X? Kind of a cool concept, cool family car!? Not sure yet. Other than that - I cant really see any light on the Horizon.....? yes We definitely will test ride a Model X. It seems that car would be a logical consequence of a modern car, which you cant see on every corner.

The GLS just got a new interior at least and it seems a big improvement Smiley

You are right. Right now, I am actually thinking about getting the most "affordable" but still "likable" family car when the Jeep goes. Meaning: I want something big and powerful but it needs to be as "cheap" as possible. I agree, the X5 M looks like an ordinary X5 but this is actually an advantage in my book. Lease offers are pretty good. Same goes to the new GLS 63 and maybe even the Cayenne Turbo. 

I am even thinking about getting a Jeep with Hellcat engine (if Chrysler would offer that) but it is very unlikely that this car will ever make it officially to Germany and I really don't want a grey import car for various reasons.

Right now, I still like the idea of getting a G63 AMG but looking in the mirror and at myself, I don't really see myself in this car in summer time, this is more of a winter car for me. 
    I could like the idea of a Range Rover (never had one and I like the current design a lot) but they are expensive, the lease offers are crap over here.

Model X? I hate how it looks from the outside, as if a Tesla S made love with a Prius and this is the result. Not my thing. Sorry. I like how the new Cadillac Escalade looks, especially the front but this truck is way too heavy for the 400+ hp, the chassis doesn't really feel very sporty and the official import car costs over 100k EUR over here. Ouch.

To be honest: It may be time to get away from a family car since the kids are older (12 and 15). I could rent a luxurious SUV like a G63 or Range Rover V8 for a week when we go skiing, would probably cost me around 2-3k but I wouldn't have an expensive SUV sitting around in my garage for nothing. Same goes to our yearly one week trip to Italy. Or I could ask my Porsche dealer if he can rent me a Cayenne Turbo loaner for a week, wouldn't cost me more than 2k I guess with all the kms included.

I really have to ask myself if it is worth getting another (new) SUV anymore. Right now, it doesn't seem to make any sense anymore.

--

Lars997:

Hey RC - regarding that SRT we are kind of in the same boat. One difference, my wife loves to ride it and she is used to handle bigger sizes angry However I'm without any creativity what to buy next. The Cayenne, GLE, GLS, G, SRT is doesn't make sense as the successor will arrive until 2018. - so after 1 year you basically have an old car. What stays is the X5 and Range Rover / Range Rover Sport which all should be facelifted until end of the year or latest until spring. The X5 is a no-go for my wife, to many of those cars on the street (even the X5M looks the same as the normal one). The Range Rovers.... not really a fan of current model line up, the SVR seems to be too expensive and again, hard to get one.  So what to do? How about an Model X? Kind of a cool concept, cool family car!? Not sure yet. Other than that - I cant really see any light on the Horizon.....? yes We definitely will test ride a Model X. It seems that car would be a logical consequence of a modern car, which you cant see on every corner.

Lars I would suggest you at least try a Range Rover Sport - even the standard SC V8 (ie not the SVR) has a lot of punch in the new lighter chassis, a nice V8 burble, and the RR interiors are still very good.  Entertainment tech with JLR is always lagging the best, but if that is less important to you the car itself still manages to feel quite special. 

--

2011 Range Rover Sport S/C,  2009 Porsche 911S

The problem is that Range Rover lease offers are pretty crappy in Germany.

--

Our SRT is the most used car - we love it and ride it every single day. 

Regarding that Range Rover Sport. We also loved the one we used to own. But once the new one came out they lost us. Why? - because the new model just doesn't give that sturdy appeal - it looks boring from any angle. It is nice but nothing special. The worst is the streamlined interior - all the British accents and lovely details are gone. Other than that - the ride was super comfortable, the car never felt slow (and it just was the V6 Diesel) and it was a pleasure to drive it.

@RC - the Range Rover Lease indeed got crappy over here. Our previous Range Rover was a fair deal as old days the HSE came fully loaded, not much extras needed on top. But with the new model they adjusted to the German car manufacturers. Every little detail needs to be paid extra which brings the lease 50% higher than on the previous car. And if you go for the V8 combustion instead of the Diesel they go outrages, much higher than BMW or Mercedes.

Since the new models RR has been in great demand in the USA, with waiting list and all (one year at launch). Why would they subsidize the german market with aggressive leases? The more I think about it, german cars in europe are more expensive that in the US and these cheap leases just rebalance it. The only issue with it is that german manufacturers don't discount cars paid cash? I would not accept paying full price on a car that has aggressive lease available...

SciFrog:

Since the new models RR has been in great demand in the USA, with waiting list and all (one year at launch). Why would they subsidize the german market with aggressive leases? The more I think about it, german cars in europe are more expensive that in the US and these cheap leases just rebalance it. The only issue with it is that german manufacturers don't discount cars paid cash? I would not accept paying full price on a car that has aggressive lease available...

We get cash discounts as well but a lease is usually better for my business because I do not have to shed away 200k at once and can keep this money in the company, buy merchandise, etc. instead. Also, no risk of returning the car after the lease, no unknowns factors like resale value, etc.. Everything is pretty much predictable, which is a plus. Don't forget that I have a small business, not a business making tens of millions each year. Smiley

--

SciFrog:

Leasing has also one huge advantage for me as a private person. After end of lease I just can drive to my dealer and drop off the car. I don't have to negotiate, trade-in, hunt for a buyer. I would probably never do it on a sports car as I don't know how long I will keep it. All my cars are bought but the exotic Jeep SRT I leased. Why - I know after 3 years I just drop off the car and get whatever I like! Second positive effect: I know exactly what costs will appear and I don't have to worry for the loss on value.

And SciFrog - indeed some manufacturers are offering that kind of great leases that you will skip the cash-option!

Lars997:
    SciFrog:

Leasing has also one huge advantage for me as a private person. After end of lease I just can drive to my dealer and drop off the car. I don't have to negotiate, trade-in, hunt for a buyer. I would probably never do it on a sports car as I don't know how long I will keep it. All my cars are bought but the exotic Jeep SRT I leased. Why - I know after 3 years I just drop off the car and get whatever I like! Second positive effect: I know exactly what costs will appear and I don't have to worry for the loss on value.

And SciFrog - indeed some manufacturers are offering that kind of great leases that you will skip the cash-option!

This is actually the biggest advantage for me, I can plan ahead, I don't have to worry about anything and I can look forward to getting a new toy. Smiley

--

I am leasing three cars currently - an Azrea, an Elantra and a VW Tiguan. - no money down leases and in total about $700 per month for all three.  These are for my Wife, my 'little' daughter (21) and my foul weather car (Azera).  That Azera is made in Korea and is amazing for the money.  It has so many standard features which if I got them as options on a Porsche would equal the total cost of the car.  These are all three year leases and at the end I expect around $1000 or more in equity when I go to trade them in (turn them in implies there is no value left).  In the case of these cars, even with the low cost and no trade in there will be some value left at the end so the decision to keep them is not so simple.  The Hyundais will have the remainder of their 100K mile /10 year warranty in force.

I have looked at Porsche leases here in the US.  RC must live on a different planet or his idea of fair and affordable is very different. (we never hear the numbers...)

My 911s are always paid for in cash, so is my speed boat and motorcycles.  I do not extend credit for toys.

Leawood911:

I am leasing three cars currently - an Azrea, an Elantra and a VW Tiguan. - no money down leases and in total about $700 per month for all three.  These are for my Wife, my 'little' daughter (21) and my foul weather car (Azera).  That Azera is made in Korea and is amazing for the money.  It has so many standard features which if I got them as options on a Porsche would equal the total cost of the car.  These are all three year leases and at the end I expect around $1000 or more in equity when I go to trade them in (turn them in implies there is no value left).  In the case of these cars, even with the low cost and no trade in there will be some value left at the end so the decision to keep them is not so simple.  The Hyundais will have the remainder of their 100K mile /10 year warranty in force.

I have looked at Porsche leases here in the US.  RC must live on a different planet or his idea of fair and affordable is very different. (we never hear the numbers...)

My 911s are always paid for in cash, so is my speed boat and motorcycles.  I do not extend credit for toys.

I once provided numbers...and afterwards got a call from my dealer basically asking me to shut up. Smiley

I can tell you the last official numbers I saw at a Germany dealership shortly before the facelift was introduced:

991.1 Carrera 4S (value aprox. 145k), 9900 EUR Initial payment, 911 EUR per month, 36 months, 10k km per year. All prices incl. 19% VAT. After the lease, you return the car, no questions asked. That simple.

The GTS had slightly worse numbers...

Lease offers are individual offers. There are the official offers and then you negotiate with the dealer and the dealer tries to find you a good deal. Sometimes, some offers are kind of subsidized by the manufacturer in a way or another.

--

That looks really cheap... Paying 29% of the MSRP of the car to drive it 3 years 30k km including financing... In the US you couldn't even sell the car back for 71% of the price...

RC:
    Lars997:
    SciFrog:

This is actually the biggest advantage for me, I can plan ahead, I don't have to worry about anything and I can look forward to getting a new toy. Smiley

Thats what I'm saying Smiley

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/14/24 2:04 PM
    RCA
    803131 1806
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448533 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    266059 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90031 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6542 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885633 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    833149 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM