Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Special board for the GT3/GT3RS ?

I know it's been disscused before, but how come 997tt gets a special board and GT3 doesn't? I've seen more info and test drives reports about GT3 than a 997tt! Plus, GT3 and 997S don't share the same engine! nor they are the same class!
    Please give us a board
    Best forum on the net

Re: Special board for the GT3/GT3RS ?

Fully agree!!!

that's because the 997tt needs all the attention it can get. cause its got nothing on the new GT3!!!

As the Turbo is "mass produced" it deserves its own board The new GT3 will only get 900 cars a year - to few and exclusive to warrant its own forum

because, like the 997C/CS, the GT3 & GT3RS are naturally aspirated. I think thats the reason RC gave
    (this has been brought up b4)

Understandable, but it is kinda hard (OK I'm lazy) to look for GT3 news/posts among Carrera/S posts... And I'm sure its the case for those on the site primarily for Carrera/S info with all the GT3 stuff going on.

And from what I've seen so far, the GT3 is the more popular car, I think

More popular than the Turbo, I meant...

Quote:
    BC997J said:

The GT3 is not more popular than the Turbo - they plan to sell 4 or 5 times as many Turbos. But, the GT3 is the "Better" car, imho

For what it's worth, most of the 'other' p-car forums (fora ?) have sections for the 997, GT2/GT3, and 997 Turbo.

In some ways it's nice to have all the banter in one place, but at the same time there are so many of us and there is so much technology that it's better to separate them all.

I'm going to start my own 997 Targa 4S forum then. Just for me and the 7.5 odd other people in the world who are buying one. Buyers of the 2WD or 3.6L Targa need not apply.

dude, Targa is a 997 carrera not so diffirent. I don't think they should call it Targa, it should only be an option called GlassTop.
    just kidding , but yeah don't you think?

Quote:
    996AD said:
    dude, Targa is a 997 carrera not so diffirent. I don't think they should call it Targa, it should only be an option called GlassTop.
    just kidding , but yeah don't you think?

I actually agree. The Targa is just a coupé with a glass roof. It just happens that glass roofs are the best option ever.
    After experiencing it once, I can't live without the permanent bath of light (even and especially when it's raining) that glass roofs provide. I bought an A4 as an interim car until the 997 Targa is released, and I really really wish it had one.

IMHO Porsche kinda killed the Targa when they marketed the 993 Targa as a model of its own, instead of a mere body type. Most people walking into a dealership didn't even know it existed.

I'm also waiting for the 997 Targa. Trading in the Cayman for it. Loved my 996 targa and this one should be even better.

Can I have my own section for Basalt Black 997S with -20mm section and no options please. I will just talk to myself because my car is in a different class to everyone elses.

JJBlade, not funny!

Quote:
    Grant said:
    Quote:
    BC997J said:

The GT3 is not more popular than the Turbo - they plan to sell 4 or 5 times as many Turbos. But, the GT3 is the "Better" car, imho

I never meant more popular with sales.. I meant more popular with the guys on this site??

Quote:
    996AD said:
    JJBlade, not funny!

Maybe not but it kind of illustrates the point.

A GT3 is just a 997 with a different badge and a few other tweaks and I like the discussions on it being all grouped together. I am considering one and don't want to go navigating around this site for an exclusive GT3 series of topics.

I don't have any interest in 4 wheel drive Porsches but I don't care if C4S or Turbo threads are created here so why should any potential GT3 owners get snobby and think they should have their own area.

GT3 snobbery may well be misguided to as it appears that the new version is not as track orientated as its predecessor, so maybe the old 996 owners will sneer at them for buying a 'girls' car.

Anyway keep the topics here as I like looking at the 'white' GT3's and deciding if I would have the courage to order one or will I plump for a nice safe black one.

Quote:
    JJBlade said:
    Quote:
    996AD said:
    JJBlade, not funny!

A GT3 is just a 997 with a different badge and a few other tweaks and I like the discussions on it being all grouped together. I don't have any interest in 4 wheel drive Porsches but I don't care if C4S or Turbo threads are created here so why should any potential GT3 owners get snobby and think they should have their own area.

GT3 snobbery may well be misguided to as it appears that the new version is not as track orientated as its predecessor, so maybe the old 996 owners will sneer at them for buying a 'girls' car.

Anyway keep the topics here as I like looking at the 'white' GT3's and deciding if I would have the courage to order one or will I plump for a nice safe black one.

Lol The Gt3 is a car for DRIVERS.(as Porsche AD says...) (Drivers wanted) on the other hand the 997 is a car for all other people... So from that point of view the GT2-GT3 should had an other board in my opinion....

Quote:
    Aisxos said:
    as Porsche AD says...) (Drivers wanted)

Isn't this its subsidiary' slogan...

Quote:
    Aisxos said:
    Quote:
    JJBlade said:
    Quote:
    996AD said:
    JJBlade, not funny!

A GT3 is just a 997 with a different badge and a few other tweaks and I like the discussions on it being all grouped together. I don't have any interest in 4 wheel drive Porsches but I don't care if C4S or Turbo threads are created here so why should any potential GT3 owners get snobby and think they should have their own area.

Lol The Gt3 is a car for DRIVERS.(as Porsche AD says...) (Drivers wanted) on the other hand the 997 is a car for all other people... So from that point of view the GT2-GT3 should had an other board in my opinion....

So if you own a GT3 you are a really good driver by default ?

Quote:
    JJBlade said:
    Quote:
    996AD said:
    JJBlade, not funny!

A GT3 is just a 997 with a different badge and a few other tweaks...

Its a lot more than that my friend...

Quote:
    Aisxos said:
    Quote:
    JJBlade said:
    Quote:
    996AD said:
    JJBlade, not funny!

Yeap...the GT3 caters for a different type of person than the rest of the 911 range does.. The discussions that will go on in a GT3 forum will/( should) be different to what goes on in the current 997 forum...

Quote:
    JJBlade said:
    Quote:
    Aisxos said:
    Quote:
    JJBlade said:
    Quote:
    996AD said:
    JJBlade, not funny!

Are you actually trying to not get the point...
    The GT3 is for people who enjoy driving even more than the average Porsche driver. GT3 buyers want the best drivers car and are willing to live with the downsides of having such an extreme car..
    I admit I'm generalising here though... there are exeptions..

Yeah, like anna kournikova... she had a whit mk1 GT3...
    -Joost-

Quote:
    BC997J said:
    Quote:
    JJBlade said:
    Quote:
    Aisxos said:
    Quote:
    JJBlade said:
    Quote:
    996AD said:
    JJBlade, not funny!

The GT3 is for people who enjoy driving even more than the average Porsche driver. GT3 buyers want the best drivers car and are willing to live with the downsides of having such an extreme car..

I guess I enjoy driving my car more than a PASM equipped 997 as I opted for the -20mm and LSD

I guess I enjoy driving my car more than other 997 drivers because I deliberately kept options to a minimum to save weight ie no electric seats.

I guess I enjoy driving more than most other 997 drivers because my car frequently does a lot of trackdays whearas the majority of 997 don't even know which way a track is.

I guess I enjoy driving more than you as well because a 997 or a GT3 is not enough to satisfy my need for speed so I also track a 160bhp Fireblade because cars are not that exciting.

I guess that you are one of these guys with all the gear and no idea

guys.. what's happening here? we're not trying to make GT3 owners special or anything.
    what im trying to say is that i have diffeculty looking for GT3 posts between 997 posts (since im going crazy about the GT3)and becaus i saw many future owners here..
    JJBlade, let me tell you that I was almost ordering just like your car. but i waited it was very hard for me not to order my black 997S 20mm LSD, and wow the GT3 is worth the wait.
    too bad you couldn't wait

I have had 12k miles and 1 year of ownership out of my car with no chance of getting a GT3 for at least 9 months, so I prefer my decision to get a 997S in the meantime

i think N/A and turbo being criteria for separating is fine.

many of these cars share components, and its a fair way to separate forums while not amalgamating everything.

Quote:
    JJBlade said:
    Quote:
    BC997J said:
    Quote:
    JJBlade said:
    Quote:
    Aisxos said:
    Quote:
    JJBlade said:
    Quote:
    996AD said:
    JJBlade, not funny!

I guess I enjoy driving my car more than a PASM equipped 997 as I opted for the -20mm and LSD

I guess I enjoy driving my car more than other 997 drivers because I deliberately kept options to a minimum to save weight ie no electric seats.

I guess I enjoy driving more than most other 997 drivers because my car frequently does a lot of trackdays whearas the majority of 997 don't even know which way a track is.

I guess I enjoy driving more than you as well because a 997 or a GT3 is not enough to satisfy my need for speed so I also track a 160bhp Fireblade because cars are not that exciting.

I guess that you are one of these guys with all the gear and no idea

Well, if you actually read my post properly you would note the following words:
    Quote:

Why get a GT3 when you can get a M6 thats just as fast in a straight line?

Why get a GT3 when you will probably have to change that low front spoiler every month?

Why get a GT3 when it will probably be the most uncomfortable car Porsche makes(ride etc)?

Because those that do get the car do so 'cause they want the best sports car and will gladly live with the negatives.

Quote:

Well ummmmmm one of my favourite hobbies are racing and ummmmmm cars ARE actually more exciting to drive than bikes IMO...

Oh and once again, I was GENERALISING.
    Do MOST people buy the GT3 for its nice GT characteristics and smooth, cositing ride???

No. now you tell me why a person buys a car like the GT3..

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    779433 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442284 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263132 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261418 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85654 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5823 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881116 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    817691 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM