Crown

Forum - Thread

Re: OFFICIAL: New 911 GT3 (991)

Pentium:

"It would be a shame to keep the GT3 engine for the GT3 only."

And the GT3 gearbox...

Of course... Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Porsche Boxster S (981), BMW X3 35d (2013)

+1 kiss- RC needs to sell to Porsche the need of a RT version indecision

BjoernB:

+1 kiss- RC needs to sell to Porsche the need of a RT version indecision

I think they know very well that such a car would sell but I don't have a clue why they don't take the chance.

GT3 owners wouldn't need to worry and 991 Carrera RS or GTS customers would be very very happy. Everybody wins.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Porsche Boxster S (981), BMW X3 35d (2013)

RC:
    This is why I would offer let's say a 991 Carrera RS or GTS with the GT3 engine, chassis and technology (incl. AWS) but with let's say 460 hp only and no rear wing but back seats. This car would be much sportier than the Carrera S, it would be highly desirable (GT3 technology) but it wouldn't really appeal to the typical hardcore GT3 customer. At the same time, Porsche could actually charge the same price for this car because yes, I would be willing to pay big bucks for such a car and I am pretty sure others would too. It doesn't matter if this car would be half a second slower from 0-200 kph or a reduced Vmax of let's say 305 or 310 kph.--

Nice idea, but definitely offer a manual gearbox for this model too Smiley

--

73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550

RC:
    fritz:
    then you have departed not only from the spirit of the GT3 but also from its performance. 

--

fritz

Thats exactly my point. Porsche cannot "afford" to offer a GT3 and...another GT3. This is why I would offer let's say a 991 Carrera RS or GTS with the GT3 engine, chassis and technology (incl. AWS) but with let's say 460 hp only and no rear wing but back seats. This car would be much sportier than the Carrera S, it would be highly desirable (GT3 technology) but it wouldn't really appeal to the typical hardcore GT3 customer. At the same time, Porsche could actually charge the same price for this car because yes, I would be willing to pay big bucks for such a car and I am pretty sure others would too. It doesn't matter if this car would be half a second slower from 0-200 kph or a reduced Vmax of let's say 305 or 310 kph.

It would be a shame to keep the GT3 engine for the GT3 only.

--

I am not sure you want the 991GT3 engine. Problems have been reported. Defective cam sensors, thermostats, and recently engine failure related to the cam sensors. This is before any of the owners put 500 miles on the car. AND to this day we do not know why they stopped production of the GT3 though rumors pointed to defective rods.

Not a very good start for the car. My car is to be completed Jan.31st. Hopefully, they have ironed out the problems.

nberry:

I am not sure you want the 991GT3 engine. Problems have been reported. Defective cam sensors, thermostats, and recently engine failure related to the cam sensors. This is before any of the owners put 500 miles on the car. AND to this day we do not know why they stopped production of the GT3 though rumors pointed to defective rods.

Not a very good start for the car. My car is to be completed Jan.31st. Hopefully, they have ironed out the problems.

Don't fret, Nick. As has already been demonstrated, your car wouldn't be shipped if they knew of a potential problem.  

--

fritz

Fritz, that is exactly my concern. Porsche did not know of the problems they recently encountered. surprise

Some of their suppliers need a good kick in the rear. What happened to the car is totally unacceptable. German engineering can only do so much.

The 991 GT3 was clearly designed as a showcase for some very impressive engineering and technology resulting in remarkable performance.  I think it is to be expected that some minor degree of "beta testing" will occur as the car is delivered to its new owners.  As a hobby/enthusiast car at a clearly non entry level pricing I would expect owners have alternate transportation as well as the maturity and sophistication to accept some gremlins in the first cars delivered.  I would be very confident that Porsche will stand behind the car and the owners.  It may be necessary; however, to develop a higher threshold for concern along the way.  Hopefully the driving experience will outweigh any frustrations as things get sorted out. 

--

"Don't worry about avoiding temptation, as you grow older it will avoid you"  Churchill

nberry:

Fritz, that is exactly my concern. Porsche did not know of the problems they recently encountered. surprise.

I guess this is a risk of having the first GT3 motor that was not a veteran of racing before being introduced in the road car.  They will sort everything eventually - hopefully won't be any more surprises.

--

73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550

Has anyone else heard of this rumor and can someone with good connections confirm ( or hopefully refute )  this : 

The GT3 RS will not be delivered before the end of the year, as they want to push the GT3 a bit longer before bringing the RS in .

The GT2 RS is in the pipeline and is too fast . They are holding it back, as it is close to 918 territory, so they are waiting to sell most 918 allocations before bringing it in ,  probably 2015.

So 

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

FWIW, I am reading that dealers are unexpectedly getting more GT3 allocations. That may give credence to the rumor they are extending the GT3 production. It only makes good business sense to do so.

Regarding the RS, I cannot believe it can come close in performance to the 918.  Other that the rumored increase of 25hp and less weight it is the same car as the GT3. Very doubtful it will challenge the 918.  

Nick gt2 rs. Not gt3 rs

--

991 GT3 incoming, 964 Turbo 3.6, E36 M3 ltw S54 conversion, bunch of other stuff

frayed:

Nick gt2 rs. Not gt3 rs

Oops, my bad!

In my defense, I thought Porsche had killed the GT2RS.

GT2 was killed

--

AM
    www.aldo-yachting.de

Gnil:

Has anyone else heard of this rumor and can someone with good connections confirm ( or hopefully refute )  this : 

The GT3 RS will not be delivered before the end of the year, as they want to push the GT3 a bit longer before bringing the RS in .

The GT2 RS is in the pipeline and is too fast . They are holding it back, as it is close to 918 territory, so they are waiting to sell most 918 allocations before bringing it in ,  probably 2015.

So 

Hope is wrong...last week my dealer confirm me again june production...Smiley

--

997TT RS Tuning stage II(sold),2011 Cayenne Turbo(sold),waiting 991 GT3 RS

Super Darius:
    Gnil:

So 

June production MY 2015 for the GT3 RS?

--

2014 981 Boxster S | Riviera Blue | PDK | Sport Suspension (-20mm) | PCCB | PTV | PSE
    2010 997.2 C2S | Carrara White | Manual | S-PASM (-20mm) | PSE | OZ Superforgiata
    2010 Audi S5 cabrio | Ibis White

Previous
    2008 997.1 C4S | Guards Red | Manual | PSE | Bilstein PSS10 | H&R Roll Bars | Dension 500
    2007 997.1 Turbo | Meteor Gray | Manual | Bilstein PSS10 | Cargraphic Stage 2 | Dension 500
    2005 987.1 Boxster S | Arctic Silver | Manual | OZ Ultraleggera | H&R Cup Suspension | H&R Roll Bars | Sachs Racing Clutch | Recaro Shells
    2005 997.1 C2S | Atlas Gray | Manual | PSE | Sport Suspension (-20mm)

bluelines:
    Super Darius:
    Gnil:

So 

Yes...Smiley

--

997TT RS Tuning stage II(sold),2011 Cayenne Turbo(sold),waiting 991 GT3 RS

ALDO:

GT2 was killed

I hope they kill PDK too when it comes to 911 GT cars Smiley

Super Darius:
    bluelines:
    Super Darius:
    Gnil:

So 

Yes...Smiley

I hope this is right . The person who told me about the delay had a little smile on his face .  So, when confronted if he is teasing me, he still insisted that it is postponed ……

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Gnil:
    Super Darius:
    bluelines:
    Super Darius:
    Gnil:

So 

Yes...Smiley

I hope this is right . The person who told me about the delay had a little smile on his face .  So, when confronted if he is teasing me, he still insisted that it is postponed ……

Is it confirmed that the RS will be presented in Geneva? So we will actually see it on March 6th? Woow.gif

--

2014 981 Boxster S | Riviera Blue | PDK | Sport Suspension (-20mm) | PCCB | PTV | PSE
    2010 997.2 C2S | Carrara White | Manual | S-PASM (-20mm) | PSE | OZ Superforgiata

Previous
    2008 997.1 C4S | Guards Red | Manual | PSE | Bilstein PSS10 | H&R Roll Bars | Dension 500
    2007 997.1 Turbo | Meteor Gray | Manual | Bilstein PSS10 | Cargraphic Stage 2 | Dension 500
    2005 987.1 Boxster S | Arctic Silver | Manual | OZ Ultraleggera | H&R Cup Suspension | H&R Roll Bars | Sachs Racing Clutch | Recaro Shells

bluelines:

Is it confirmed that the RS will be presented in Geneva? So we will actually see it on March 6th? Woow.gif

No RS at Geneva.
    We have to wait for Paris Motor Show...

igirl:
    bluelines:

No RS at Geneva.

That would confirm what  my source told me Smiley  Postponed to the end of the year ( delivery ) as they want to keep up the sales of the regular  GT3 .

Just like the GT2 RS . Postponed to 2015 ….. or even dropped because  :  ''it is  too fast''  ( too close to 918 ) 

But Dario's dealer has again told him June delivery Smiley  Dario, you need to ask your dealer again !!! And insist to know if he is SURE  and that there are not fresher news 

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

igirl:

No RS at Geneva.

Oh. Paris Motor Show in October. I doubt there will be a June production then 

--

Previous

bluelines:
    igirl:

No RS at Geneva.

Oh. Paris Motor Show in October. I doubt there will be a June production then 

But then , there is something I can't follow ……. If delivery start in december and 6 month later there is the Carrera facelift coming in, then the RS would just have come out but already ''look old'' with the ugly front blinkers  Smiley

Something is not right ……….Smiley

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Gnil:
    But Dario's dealer has again told him June delivery Smiley  

If there is going to be June delivery then the RS has to be presented in Geneva or Beijing.

--

Previous

Gnil:

But then , there is something I can't follow ……. If delivery start in december and 6 month later there is the Carrera facelift coming in, then the RS would just have come out but already ''look old'' with the ugly front blinkers  Smiley

Something is not right ……….Smiley

Maybe it is not the facelift. Maybe it is only the 991 GTS. Smiley

--

Previous

bluelines:

Do you think the 911 needs a facelift?
    I don't think so... Or maybe for the Turbo... :p

igirl:
    bluelines:

Do you think the 911 needs a facelift?
    I don't think so... Or maybe for the Turbo... :p

Only the Turbo. It looks to similar to a Cayman Smiley

--

Previous

Super Darius:
    bluelines:
    Super Darius:

Yes...Smiley

I don't want to rain on the parade, but until the official embargo is lifted on the RS product material I don't think anyone can indicate a production date, let alone confirm. Even then it can be delayed.

It is like the 981 GTS. The leaked material points to a MY 2015 June production but there is zero official info available. A GTS cannot be ordered and no build slot can be given yet. The dealer can probably make an unofficial reservation for you to get one of his/hers first slots, but that means little in the end.

--

Previous

My OPC told me dealers will get details of the RS in February with the car being revealed at Geneva in March. Beyond that date they had no details. 

I shall get an update next week...

Edit

Forum

Categoria Oggetto Last post Valutazione Visto Risposte
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 15/05/24 8.44
    art.italy
    804591 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 07/04/24 11.48
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448932 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 12/03/24 8.28
    DJM48
    266631 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 30/01/24 9.18
    RCA
    90273 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 15/03/24 13.23
    CGX car nut
    6897 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 01/02/24 19.01
    Pilot

886393 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 23/07/23 19.01
    Grant
    835109 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 21/04/24 11.50
    mcdelaug
    400389 1454
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 10/02/24 16.43
    nberry
    396499 1526
    Altre Tesla 2 the new thread 13/12/23 14.48
    CGX car nut
    383763 2401
    Porsche Donor vehicle for Singer Vehicle Design 03/07/23 12.30
    Porker
    371225 797
    Porsche Red Nipples 991.2 GT3 Touring on tour 12/05/24 18.23
    blueflame
    293801 669
    Porsche Collected my 997 GTS today 19/10/23 19.06
    CGX car nut

266376 812
    Lambo Huracán EVO STO 30/07/23 18.59
    mcdelaug
    244276 346
    Lotus Lotus Emira 25/06/23 14.53
    Enmanuel
    238796 101
    Altre Corvette C8 16/10/23 15.24
    Enmanuel
    222630 488
    Altre Gordon Murray - T.50 22/11/23 10.27
    mcdelaug
    173305 387
    Porsche Back to basics - 996 GT3 RS 11/06/23 17.13
    CGX car nut
    145092 144
    BMW M 2024 BMW M3 CS Official Now 29/12/23 9.04
    RCA
    121351 303
    Motorsp. 2023 Formula One 19/12/23 5.38
    WhoopsyM
    112132 685
    Porsche 2022 992 Safari Model 07/03/24 16.22
    WhoopsyM
    85857 239
    AMG Mercedes-Benz W124 500E aka Porsche typ 2758 23/02/24 22.03
    blueflame
    76087 297
    Porsche 992 GT3 RS 03/03/24 19.22
    WhoopsyM
    55117 314
    Motorsp. Porsche 963 18/05/24 21.44
    Wonderbar
    26785 249
    Ferrari Ferrari 296 GTB (830PS, Hybrid V6) 21/01/24 16.29
    GT-Boy
    21867 103
    BMW M 2022 BMW M5 CS 08/04/24 13.43
    Ferdie
    20409 140
    AMG G63 sold out 15/09/23 19.38
    Nico997
    17219 120
    AMG [2022] Mercedes-AMG SL 23/04/24 13.24
    RCA
    14668 225
    Motorsp. 24-Hour race Nürburgring 2018 25/05/23 22.42
    Grant
    11661 55
    Porsche Porsche Mission X Hypercar 03/12/23 8.52
    996FourEss
    11209 63
    123 elementi trovati, visualizza da 1 a 30.